6 Week Fat Loss Challenge

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I compete in powerlifting in the 242 weight class...dropping to 232 does me absolutely nothing beneficial. Especially if im already going to be low teen bf at 240.

And you're wrong..i only have to lose 10lbs of bf to get to 12% (pending I really am 16%). 250x0.16 = 40. 250x0.12=30. 40-30=10lbs. But yes, i will likely try to participate, but I wont be employing any of the drastic measures some of you will be. Ill be sticking with my zig zagging of cals and carbs depending on the training day. My performance supersedes any desire for strict weight loss.
Like I said, do what is right for you brother. I get it. I wasn't trying to make you explain yourself. Again, glad to have you here!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It was me, and yes people cheat, or do silly things that aren't exactly cheating but are not exactly honest. Especially if they think others may be doing the same thing. So saying please don't do this just puts it out there from jump street.
I plan on cheating. Maybe a burger one night. Maybe some barbeque wings. Who knows. I will be cheating. I just need to make sure it isn't often :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I plan on cheating. Maybe a burger one night. Maybe some barbeque wings. Who knows. I will be cheating. I just need to make sure it isn't often :)
No cheating as in overeating before the initial weigh in to make the weight loss easier, or doing water tricks at the end because you sloughed off and realize you have a week to meet your goal or embarrass yourself. LOL

Hot wings are a perfect cheat on a diet like this. Satisfying and no real chance of bloat or spill over to get into your head.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty sure he was referring to water cutting (athletes often do this to make weight classes, then drink up)

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know - I was just making jokes.

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Personally I don't care if someone cheats. Like others have said, maybe if there was a valuable prize someone would be incentivized. But if you cheat here, all you're doing is cheating and lying to yourself. All this is about for me is to come together and crush our goals as a group.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Personally I don't care if someone cheats. Like others have said, maybe if there was a valuable prize someone would be incentivized. But if you cheat here, all you're doing is cheating and lying to yourself. All this is about for me is to come together and crush our goals as a group.
Group crush!!! Wait, not sure about the sound of that.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73 you are obviously more intelligent about this stuff than I am. I believe you are correct in your statements about my weight and what I should probably ably be aiming for with my loss. Sometimes I get a little carried away with a challenge, so thanks for refocusing me.

FYI, most of the ones I have done involve a publicly shared youtube and Instagram video doing something embarrassing like Oh dancing in a tutu or something.........
Me doing something embarrassing or silly is also known as "Tuesday". It's pretty much an everyday ocurance sometimes.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MrKleen73 you are obviously more intelligent about this stuff than I am. I believe you are correct in your statements about my weight and what I should probably ably be aiming for with my loss. Sometimes I get a little carried away with a challenge, so thanks for refocusing me.

Me doing something embarrassing or silly is also known as "Tuesday". It's pretty much an everyday ocurance sometimes.
Hahahaha!!! I gotta come hang out with you on a Tuesday!!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What!!!??? Its like your planning your failure!! Have any extra?
I was hoping you were going to send me some of the goodies from your way for my cheat. I just sent you a PM and I got so hungry thinking about the places that you have in your neck of the woods, it wasn't good.

And yeah, I plan to succeed and I plan to fail. Whatever happens, I am doing it big.

^^^^^^This. I get where MrKleen73 is coming from and his thoughts and input are good for us to look out for. Maybe I'm a little naïve, but I trust the guys on here so far, and in the end, they would just be cheating themselves. I know it sounds corny, but you should be doing this for YOU above all else.

On that note, one of the biggest factors in getting in shape I think is honesty. We all tend to lie to ourselves. "I don't look that bad", "I only have 10 pounds to lose", "I don't have to diet that hard", "I don't have to exercise." - add into that the fact that our heads are filled with semi-lies by the media about weight loss (we need to lose weight, dieting is bad, avoid fats, avoid carbs, avoid whatever) and our head becomes filled with negative lies that keep us from doing what we have to do.

What I have learned, is if you have 40+ pounds of fat to lose, most people will think they only need to lose 25 in that case, and most people will act like they are close and not realize - they are pretty drastically out of shape and they got that way from consistently doing things for years, and if they want to change in a reasonable timeframe and be successful, they will need to take some drastic actions that they won't like in the beginning. I'm not saying they need to go crazy - but for someone who is extremely overweight, letting go of food at all can be emotionally difficult and they will come up with every excuse they can think of.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was hoping you were going to send me some of the goodies from your way for my cheat. I just sent you a PM and I got so hungry thinking about the places that you have in your neck of the woods, it wasn't good.

And yeah, I plan to succeed and I plan to fail. Whatever happens, I am doing it big.

^^^^^^This. I get where MrKleen73 is coming from and his thoughts and input are good for us to look out for. Maybe I'm a little naïve, but I trust the guys on here so far, and in the end, they would just be cheating themselves. I know it sounds corny, but you should be doing this for YOU above all else.

On that note, one of the biggest factors in getting in shape I think is honesty. We all tend to lie to ourselves. "I don't look that bad", "I only have 10 pounds to lose", "I don't have to diet that hard", "I don't have to exercise." - add into that the fact that our heads are filled with semi-lies by the media about weight loss (we need to lose weight, dieting is bad, avoid fats, avoid carbs, avoid whatever) and our head becomes filled with negative lies that keep us from doing what we have to do.

What I have learned, is if you have 40+ pounds of fat to lose, most people will think they only need to lose 25 in that case, and most people will act like they are close and not realize - they are pretty drastically out of shape and they got that way from consistently doing things for years, and if they want to change in a reasonable timeframe and be successful, they will need to take some drastic actions that they won't like in the beginning. I'm not saying they need to go crazy - but for someone who is extremely overweight, letting go of food at all can be emotionally difficult and they will come up with every excuse they can think of.
Completely agree here!! I know I have a nasty addiction to food, and carbs. I could sit down and make a meal out of bread. I have found myself lying to me, in various forms. Until recently, I would never have put a picture of the front of my torso on here, never. Then I realized, that by only taking pictures of what I really like, such as my arms, I was attempting to cover up what I didn't like and feared being judged and criticized about. Thus, lying to myself. Ive told myself this 1 pop tart, or 1 slice of pizza isnt going to hurt me, but deep down I know 1 means cant stop. Lying to myself. But, in all honesty, this forum, and several people that have subbed to this thread have got me straightened out. And Im glad. I want the judgement and criticism, because I know its an honest attempt to help me reach my goals. And that is what we are all here for, learning and being pushed!!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Completely agree here!! I know I have a nasty addiction to food, and carbs. I could sit down and make a meal out of bread. I have found myself lying to me, in various forms. Until recently, I would never have put a picture of the front of my torso on here, never. Then I realized, that by only taking pictures of what I really like, such as my arms, I was attempting to cover up what I didn't like and feared being judged and criticized about. Thus, lying to myself. Ive told myself this 1 pop tart, or 1 slice of pizza isnt going to hurt me, but deep down I know 1 means cant stop. Lying to myself. But, in all honesty, this forum, and several people that have subbed to this thread have got me straightened out. And Im glad. I want the judgement and criticism, because I know its an honest attempt to help me reach my goals. And that is what we are all here for, learning and being pushed!!
Truly inspiring words! You have just validated my decision to Join and stay at AM.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I 100% agree, and in all honesty I have nothing to lose because I am just watching this one. I can't even think about cutting 10lbs until after my PL meet, and will probably just keep working toward gains for a short bit after anyway.

I just hate to see others shortchange themselves so getting rid of a shortcut in the beginning helps a bit with actual adherence. The goal of the rules is simply to help others actually make real progress instead of knowing they have a possible back up plan they can use if they didn't stay disciplined via drastically cutting water.

There really is only one way to cheat and that is to not make your goal and puss out by not honoring the consequence.

Thanks, and you are welcome!

Gotta love it!

Very accurate.
I think most of us are like that. I HATE showing progress pics when I am soft, I hold a lot of fat under my pecs and it stands out to me in a picture like someone is shining a spotlight on them. A lot of others probably don't notice it anywhere near as much as I do, but yeah I don't like to post pics of me when I am soft.

However when I get fed up of being soft the first thing I do is post one of those pictures I hate and use them as motivation to improve. They spur me into exercising some much needed discipline.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I 100% agree, and in all honesty I have nothing to lose because I am just watching this one. I can't even think about cutting 10lbs until after my PL meet, and will probably just keep working toward gains for a short bit after anyway.

I just hate to see others shortchange themselves so getting rid of a shortcut in the beginning helps a bit with actual adherence. The goal of the rules is simply to help others actually make real progress instead of knowing they have a possible back up plan they can use if they didn't stay disciplined via drastically cutting water.

There really is only one way to cheat and that is to not make your goal and puss out by not honoring the consequence.

Thanks, and you are welcome!

Gotta love it!

Very accurate.

I think most of us are like that. I HATE showing progress pics when I am soft, I hold a lot of fat under my pecs and it stands out to me in a picture like someone is shining a spotlight on them. A lot of others probably don't notice it anywhere near as much as I do, but yeah I don't like to post pics of me when I am soft.

However when I get fed up of being soft the first thing I do is post one of those pictures I hate and use them as motivation to improve. They spur me into exercising some much needed discipline.
Yes sir!!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't really post on AM much these days, I mainly lurk in the background, but i am keen to lose a few kilos as we make our way towards summer here in the southern hemisphere, and this will make for some good motivation.

Currently sitting at 90.6kg, which is heavy for me. I would like to get to about 85kg, so a kilo a week or about 2 pounds a week.

Here is a pic from this morning

Not the best pic but it should do the job.
Ah.... Feels good to see someone else with love handles too! I'm not alone anymore!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm currently on week 10 of my training cycle and I went from ~201 to 208 so it's not like I gained a ton of mass. I mostly lean bulked to make sure I recover and gain strength. I think I can definitely maintain my strength while cutting 12 lbs if I'm meticulous with my macros and workout intelligently. Unlike most people here, I do not really do bodybuilding or even powerlifting. I just use the main powerlifts/compound lifts to help me with the sports I play (basketball mostly). I consider myself a strength athlete more than anything, so leaning out shouldn't really be detrimental.

Should we open our own threads when we do this, or just post in here? My cut will likely start on October 17th-ish. I probably won't be using any/many supps, although I'm tempted to whip out my stash of Evomuse Supernova.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm currently on week 10 of my training cycle and I went from ~201 to 208 so it's not like I gained a ton of mass. I mostly lean bulked to make sure I recover and gain strength. I think I can definitely maintain my strength while cutting 12 lbs if I'm meticulous with my macros and workout intelligently. Unlike most people here, I do not really do bodybuilding or even powerlifting. I just use the main powerlifts/compound lifts to help me with the sports I play (basketball mostly). I consider myself a strength athlete more than anything, so leaning out shouldn't really be detrimental.

Should we open our own threads when we do this, or just post in here? My cut will likely start on October 17th-ish. I probably won't be using any/many supps, although I'm tempted to whip out my stash of Evomuse Supernova.
We are pretty similar weight, cept im a bit shorter than you. What cals you starting your cut at?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ah.... Feels good to see someone else with love handles too! I'm not alone anymore!
Brother, you and me both. You know I've got ginormous love handles. His love handles are mini-muffins.

Handles? Really? I have stirrups!!
We are in the same crowd, only you have muscle to go with it!

Glad to have you in. You are obviously free to start your own log, but this thread is for everyone, and I hope that there is some follow up within the thread itself, I feel it builds the excitement to hear how everyone is doing. Link your log, but try to update in here too. This is a group effort I hope and unless everyone feels it's better to do their own thing, this thread is for everyone and the more the better!

So far, I'm on day 4 and I'm going to count my start weight as 176 because I was 176 the day before I started, and then I had a refeed that night and woke up weighing 177. I'm down to 175.3 after 4 days. I've been stuck at this weight for about a month, which is why HGP challenged me. I keep bumping 175 and bouncing back up a little, it's a major wall. I hope to bust through.

I've been eating 800-900 calories/day consistently for those 4 days, and I did my normal weight workout on Wed. and followed that with 70 minutes on the exercise bike (burning somewhere between 600-900 calories depending on if you believe the bike or the fitbit). Yesterday I did another 600 on the bike (fitbit and bike were closer this time), and today I just walked about 3 miles. I'm really trying to make sure I get some cardio in with some serious calorie burn (at least for me) every day.

Would love to hear how everyone else is doing - I know FireTitan is hoping a house catches fire so he can go knock it down with his bare hands and let out his hangry frustrations from not eating.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We are pretty similar weight, cept im a bit shorter than you. What cals you starting your cut at?
My maintenance usually lies smack dab between BWx15-15.5, and I am a creature of habit so nothing changes much, and my workout routine will remain the same. I usually start week 1 of my cut in a 200-300 cal deficit, week 2 in a 500 deficit, and based on what I need to land for this challenge, I will keep going lower and lower until I eventually hit a 750 cal deficit

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My maintenance usually lies smack dab between BWx15-15.5, and I am a creature of habit so nothing changes much, and my workout routine will remain the same. I usually start week 1 of my cut in a 200-300 cal deficit, week 2 in a 500 deficit, and based on what I need to land for this challenge, I will keep going lower and lower until I eventually hit a 750 cal deficit
Good stuff sounds like we follow very similar principals, except i began my cut by dropping 1000 cals and eating at 3200.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Brother, you and me both. You know I've got ginormous love handles. His love handles are mini-muffins.

We are in the same crowd, only you have muscle to go with it!

Glad to have you in. You are obviously free to start your own log, but this thread is for everyone, and I hope that there is some follow up within the thread itself, I feel it builds the excitement to hear how everyone is doing. Link your log, but try to update in here too. This is a group effort I hope and unless everyone feels it's better to do their own thing, this thread is for everyone and the more the better!

So far, I'm on day 4 and I'm going to count my start weight as 176 because I was 176 the day before I started, and then I had a refeed that night and woke up weighing 177. I'm down to 175.3 after 4 days. I've been stuck at this weight for about a month, which is why HGP challenged me. I keep bumping 175 and bouncing back up a little, it's a major wall. I hope to bust through.

I've been eating 800-900 calories/day consistently for those 4 days, and I did my normal weight workout on Wed. and followed that with 70 minutes on the exercise bike (burning somewhere between 600-900 calories depending on if you believe the bike or the fitbit). Yesterday I did another 600 on the bike (fitbit and bike were closer this time), and today I just walked about 3 miles. I'm really trying to make sure I get some cardio in with some serious calorie burn (at least for me) every day.

Would love to hear how everyone else is doing - I know FireTitan is hoping a house catches fire so he can go knock it down with his bare hands and let out his hangry frustrations from not eating.
You have no clue as to how accurate that statement is!! Ive had more fricken CPRs in the last week than I have in the previous years. Not cool

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You have no clue as to how accurate that statement is!! Ive had more fricken CPRs in the last week than I have in the previous years. Not cool
I hope at least one was a hot chick.

I'm not gonna lie. I would be much more diligent and hard working for a got chick. That's why I'm not good at saving lives.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Negative ghost rider. Older people and over doses. Lots of over doses. Big epidemic right now
Too bad. That overdose thing is everywhere. Crazy.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good stuff sounds like we follow very similar principals, except i began my cut by dropping 1000 cals and eating at 3200.
This is also crazy. 3200 to start a cut? Awesome. I am jealous. I wouldn't even try bulking at 3200 haha.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As of now, Im at 198 protein, 56 carbs, 11 fat and 831 calories, but Im sure Ill knock down a good shake in a bit. Ill weigh as soon as I get home tomorrow, and if I happen to get time, Ill post a picture. Maybe.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is also crazy. 3200 to start a cut? Awesome. I am jealous. I wouldn't even try bulking at 3200 haha.
Yeah, but you stick to a mouse's tdee and then burn off all of your intake during 70 minutes of cardio. Its a crazy thing, when you actually eat sufficient calories and feed your body's active tissue, you can eventually get to the point where you can cut even at 3200 cals!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, but you stick to a mouse's tdee and then burn off all of your intake during 70 minutes of cardio. Its a crazy thing, when you actually eat sufficient calories and feed your body's active tissue, you can eventually get to the point where you can cut even at 3200 cals!
Yeah, I wanted to believe that. I spent a decade feeding my active tissue ...I could probably cut at the end of it at 3200. I weighed 300 pounds so just getting out of bed burned a bunch of calories, haha.

I'm a small guy...I am lucky to carry 140 pounds of solid muscle, so...my BMR is probably in the low 2000's any way you cut it. When I am done dealing with the decade of bad habits and can actually focus on just gaining muscle I am sure you will be right ....but for now I just need to be jealous

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, I wanted to believe that. I spent a decade feeding my active tissue ...I could probably cut at the end of it at 3200. I weighed 300 pounds so just getting out of bed burned a bunch of calories, haha.

I'm a small guy...I am lucky to carry 140 pounds of solid muscle, so...my BMR is probably in the low 2000's any way you cut it. When I am done dealing with the decade of bad habits and can actually focus on just gaining muscle I am sure you will be right ....but for now I just need to be jealous
Fair enough, im just saying I think there is a limit to extreme caloric restriction in terms of long term efficacy. There gets to a point where your body needs calories. The most extreme id personally ever go is an ADF diet where you have a small meal at night, roughly 30-50% of your tdee. Then the non fasting day you eat your tdee or maybe 5-10% above. But, like i said, thats ME and our bodies are very different in terms of where theyve been in the past.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Fair enough, im just saying I think there is a limit to extreme caloric restriction in terms of long term efficacy. There gets to a point where your body needs calories. The most extreme id personally ever go is an ADF diet where you have a small meal at night, roughly 30-50% of your tdee. Then the non fasting day you eat your tdee or maybe 5-10% above. But, like i said, thats ME and our bodies are very different in terms of where theyve been in the past.
That is a solid plan - at the end of the day there are a few factors for me. One, I'm just an extreme guy who is either all in or all out. It is just my mental make up. Two, I come from a family with extremely bad eating habits, grew up in a bad eating environment and became fat early in life - to an extreme. I lost weight the normal, conservative way in junior high and kept it off through college. Part of that reason was simply that I was active in HS and college. Then I got into real life with a job that involves me doing a lot of sitting. I'm just not very active to begin with at this point, it is a struggle to get a activity in.

And as Hairygrandpa pointed out. If I plug my stats into a BMR calculator at this point, it spits back about 1700 calories as my BMR. So my deficit is extreme, but not as much as it would be for a guy like you who is carrying 210 pounds of solid muscle and maybe more active.

And while this isn't the best approach long term, to be honest, it has really taught me how much less I need to eat than I have been trained to believe. I have been weighing and measuring instead of eating piles of food like when I grew up. I've also learned a lot about my bad habits that I wouldn't have recognized with a normal diet.

It isn't for everyone, but after a lifetime of bad habits and unhealthy living, I think it has been good for me. My hope is that these 6 weeks will end the "getting there" phase for me and I can go into transition mode and prepare for the "staying there" phase with a higher intake.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
..............It isn't for everyone, but after a lifetime of bad habits and unhealthy living, I think it has been good for me. My hope is that these 6 weeks will end the "getting there" phase for me and I can go into transition mode and prepare for the "staying there" phase with a higher intake.
Props for realizing you had to make a change, and I hope the same thing for you at the end of the 6 weeks.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Yeah those love handles are hard to get rid of, definitely stubborn fat that has been there for a while.

I'm currently running OL endura shred and BLR formeron, but only have about 2 weeks left before i start pct. Also changing my training back to PHAT, and tracking macros a lot closer.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1000 cals right away? I have tried that before but my performance goes down the tubes so quickly....

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1000 cals right away? I have tried that before but my performance goes down the tubes so quickly....
My situation with glycogen in my quads was an fast turning into an expensive problem with my suit pants lol.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My situation with glycogen in my quads was an fast turning into an expensive problem with my suit pants lol.
Same issue here. It is why I can't afford to bulk past 15% now. I have expensive, well fitting clothing and well.....I don't want to shop again.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ill hit the scale in the morning guys, but heres a shot of me now. I have slimmed some, but have such a long way to go. But as I said on my log, I finally have some traps popping out.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We both have the same haircut!
Will be interesting to see how you look leaner, surely some muscles are hiding.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We both have the same haircut!
Will be interesting to see how you look leaner, surely some muscles are hiding.
Im still trying to build them! But thanks. As far as the haircut, I shave it about 10 years ago to see how it looked, it never grew back. Lol

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ill hit the scale in the morning guys, but heres a shot of me now. I have slimmed some, but have such a long way to go. But as I said on my log, I finally have some traps popping out.
Indeed you do,sir. Biceps are easy. Traps show that you're really working hard. Looking good!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The ADF and anabolic diet are the two ones I haven't gotten to try yet. I've done all sorts of diets in the past and the only one I can stick to are all of the variants of intermittent fasting, so ADF may be up my alleyway.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
The ADF and anabolic diet are the two ones I haven't gotten to try yet. I've done all sorts of diets in the past and the only one I can stick to are all of the variants of intermittent fasting, so ADF may be up my alleyway.
What is the ADF diet? Don't think i have heard of it.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is the ADF diet? Don't think i have heard of it.
Another form of intermittent fasting. Every Other Day/Alternate Day Fasting. Eat "normal" (or controlled) 1 day, then the alternate day, eat a max of 500 calories. It will probably be easy for me because I've done 5/2, and the "Pulse Fast" diet before as well.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Another form of intermittent fasting. Every Other Day/Alternate Day Fasting. Eat "normal" (or controlled) 1 day, then the alternate day, eat a max of 500 calories. It will probably be easy for me because I've done 5/2, and the "Pulse Fast" diet before as well.
This. But, like I said in my above post, instead of just going max of 500 (which I have also seen as a recommendation, so I dont fault you for saying that) cals id have between 30-50% of my tdee in one meal at night. 30% if i had more fat to lose and 50% as i started getting leaner. Or you could even have a 30% one day and a 50% another day, matching up with needs for training recovery, etc. That final meal should consist of mainly protein and fats, low carbs though.

Imo the long fast in combination with a large weekly deficit from the 50-70% reduction in kcal below tdee multiple times a week will be plenty to achieve what we're looking for with the diet.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This. But, like I said in my above post, instead of just going max of 500 (which I have also seen as a recommendation, so I dont fault you for saying that) cals id have between 30-50% of my tdee in one meal at night. 30% if i had more fat to lose and 50% as i started getting leaner. Or you could even have a 30% one day and a 50% another day, matching up with needs for training recovery, etc. That final meal should consist of mainly protein and fats, low carbs though.

Imo the long fast in combination with a large weekly deficit from the 50-70% reduction in kcal below tdee multiple times a week will be plenty to achieve what we're looking for with the diet.
I went by the textbook definition. I probably wouldn't play it out like that either. You know?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice weekend for all!
Don't overdo on beer and stuff!