18lbs in 6 weeks? That is 3lbs a week..
This does inspire me to start doing my cardio seriously

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't thank me! I thank you for joining in! This was hairygrandpa's challenge to me, and then SFreed wanted in (honestly don't see why, he's pretty lean but thrilled to have him), and then it grew into this. I think that the people on this board are capable of so much, and no matter how hard we work, we get comfortable and fall into patterns. My hope is that this thread will show us just how much someone can accomplish when they put their mind to it (we always underestimate ourselves), motivate a bunch of people to take control, and just be a general kick in the butt for all of us.

Thanks hairygrandpa for the original kick in the butt!

You just keep trying to pad your numbers man. I know you're 215. No need to play around, haha.

Nope. You're either in now, or you're out. When opportunity knocks, you'd better be ready to answer. :)
I wish I was, I felt like crying when I saw the scale. But... thats gonna be my motivation!!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haven't seen Kaprice yet. Can't continue without the main motivation!

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking if I can use my start weight a couple weeks ago when I started my Epidrone log, I can do this. But I already killed the easy stuff. I might just be in after all. WTH, right?

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Game on!! If I don't drop the 18....you can give me a swift kick in the coin purse!!!
I say you WILL lose it, brother! AND I will still find a reason for that swift kick...

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I say you WILL lose it, brother! AND I will still find a reason for that swift kick...
Not way would I kick FireTitan. Have you seen that guy? He's huge. Hyooge.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tempted to join, but it would be an 8 week challenge right after I finish bulking.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
18lbs in 6 weeks? That is 3lbs a week..
This does inspire me to start doing my cardio seriously
Yes! You in??? I should have mentioned you, back over a year ago you were one of the few people on here who even knew what a PSMF was when I was considering it and you had great input that helped me get started! It would be great to have you in here!

I wish I was, I felt like crying when I saw the scale. But... thats gonna be my motivation!!
LMAO - there's no crying in fat loss! You fight fires! Who am I kidding....I cry when I drop my candy still.

Yes, Firetitan has the ballz to put it on the line and step into the game! Failure is not an option!

I'm thinking if I can use my start weight a couple weeks ago when I started my Epidrone log, I can do this. But I already killed the easy stuff. I might just be in after all. WTH, right?
Yes, WTH? Stop making excuses. I've been doing under 1,000 calories since May 10th (yes, I cheat at times), and I've lost over 30 pounds since then. All of my easy weight is long gone. This is the push I needed to get rid of the last 20, the toughest 20. If I can do this, you can. Jump in my friend!

Tempted to join, but it would be an 8 week challenge right after I finish bulking.
So, what exactly is this excuse? You want to join, but you don't want to commit? When is your bulk over? You don't have to stop your cut after the 6 week portion. The goal is to lose 18 pounds in 6 weeks....if you want to go to 8 weeks, that's fine, but the first 6 weeks will be epic! Join already!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Meaning, I want to cut (join) but the way I've planned my training block, I am due to peak in 2 weeks (which is the end of my bulk). I'll be joining in 2 weeks. 18 lbs in 6 weeks looks like a tough task, but competition is a good plan to help motivate me.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes! You in??? I should have mentioned you, back over a year ago you were one of the few people on here who even knew what a PSMF was when I was considering it and you had great input that helped me get started! It would be great to have you in here!

LMAO - there's no crying in fat loss! You fight fires! Who am I kidding....I cry when I drop my candy still.

Yes, Firetitan has the ballz to put it on the line and step into the game! Failure is not an option!

Yes, WTH? Stop making excuses. I've been doing under 1,000 calories since May 10th (yes, I cheat at times), and I've lost over 30 pounds since then. All of my easy weight is long gone. This is the push I needed to get rid of the last 20, the toughest 20. If I can do this, you can. Jump in my friend!

So, what exactly is this excuse? You want to join, but you don't want to commit? When is your bulk over? You don't have to stop your cut after the 6 week portion. The goal is to lose 18 pounds in 6 weeks....if you want to go to 8 weeks, that's fine, but the first 6 weeks will be epic! Join already!
Oh Im in. Breakfast and lunch down totaling 500 calories. Plus, I may or may not have a few tricks up my sleeve!!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Meaning, I want to cut (join) but the way I've planned my training block, I am due to peak in 2 weeks (which is the end of my bulk). I'll be joining in 2 weeks. 18 lbs in 6 weeks looks like a tough task, but competition is a good plan to help motivate me.
That works, I don't expect everyone to drop right now and start their cut. 2 weeks, and you are in! I'm sure we will have others running the same time as you. Great to have you on board (and you know I was just giving you a hard time, for fun)

Oh Im in. Breakfast and lunch down totaling 500 calories. Plus, I may or may not have a few tricks up my sleeve!!
Niiiiiice. Firetitan has brought the diet game. hairygrandpa has been quiet though. He must be busy eating his meatballs and drinking wine.

raul87

raul87

Awards
  • Established
I'd be so in but I'm trying to bench 4 plates right now so no big deficit for me maybe after mid October lol

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I've been lurking not posting much these days. Yeah I remember using PSMF with some strong fat burners that I can't talk about. 18lbs a bit rough for me as I'm about to go on vacation and I'd be weighing like below 150lbs if I did lol.

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Not way would I kick FireTitan. Have you seen that guy? He's huge. Hyooge.
Agreed. I think the correct spelling is "YOUUUUUUUUUUGE" (do people really not realize there's an H in there?)

That said, I'ma be huger. Esp after shredding myself thanks to this stupid challenge!

Until then, I make sure I'm a safe distance from FireTitan so he can't knock me out before I can compete :).

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed. I think the correct spelling is "YOUUUUUUUUUUGE" (do people really not realize there's an H in there?)

That said, I'ma be huger. Esp after shredding myself thanks to this stupid challenge!

Until then, I make sure I'm a safe distance from FireTitan so he can't knock me out before I can compete :).
I wouldnt do it, although 1 day in and a lack of food Im already getting irritable. Gonna be a long 6 weeks.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wouldnt do it, although 1 day in and a lack of food Im already getting irritable. Gonna be a long 6 weeks.
JUST 6 WEEKS brother. Once you get through the first week, you will be cruising.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's all for one day:

tilapia.jpg

Tilapia fillet (self raised at farm), Broccoli and a bit garlic-mayonnaise

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For what it is worth, if you are allowing others to join in on this competition make them go home today and weigh themselves and report back with their current weight today or tomorrow. That way if they try and be shady and eat a ton and spill over between now and their official start date you can just use the original weight.

I mean I know what I am doing and could eat enough over the weekend to be 18lbs heavier on Monday or Tuesday and be right back down to my starting weight a week later. You don't want anyone sand bagging. Every time I throw a transformation contest everybody wants to get fluffy and bloat themselves for the before pictures. So now I get current pics to compare to the start pics and make sure there was no sandbagging or intentional spilling over for the first pics.

What are the rules if everyone loses the 18lbs? Then does it go to who lost the 18 lbs the fastest or who lost the most weight in that 6 weeks?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A little about me, 53 years old, 6'0" and 188 pounds as of this morning. 2 adult children who are grown and gone, 4 grand kids and married for 32 years. Background on me is the same as several others here. Let my self go and had a bunch of really bad habits. Went from 250 down to 170 over the course of 10 months. Weight has been anywhere from 180 - 190 over the last 3 years as I try to build up some form of muscle. Still fighting some belly fat, mainly because of Mexican food. Work related stress is probably a bigger issue than I'll admit. When I saw HIT4ME discussing this earlier today I was all about it. A deadline and committing to something is just what I need to actually do it! I'll change my workout routine to an old school push / pull / legs 3 days a week program, with 3 days of trail running (my preferred cardio) 6 miles per day. And I will be officially beginning on Monday, due to out of state meetings for the next 2 days, followed by working all weekend.

And I can't let hairygrandpa be the only noodz, so here in all my pudgy glory..............

View attachment 140223

(and after seeing this, maybe I should do the whole 18 pounds )
Man you are a brave one. You sure about this? I think 18lbs off of you right now would have you emaciated and will result in more muscle loss than you want to experience. I just don't think you are carrying enough fat to safely lose 3lbs a week without 1-1.5lbs of that being muscle after the first 2-3 weeks. From where you are now in 18 lbs you would be well into the single digits if done perfectly, but that means slower and more responsible. Perhaps you ride along but maybe only shoot for 12lbs so you don't find yourself struggling to regain mass that you just finished struggling to regain from your first weight loss. I am sure HIT4ME and HGP would be fine with that. Sounds like you need the motivation but you don't want to shoot yourself in the foot by going to aggressive on the weight loss from where you are now.

Just my opinion brother.. This contest is to better ourselves and have fun doing it. Make sure what you plan to do will actually be an improvement. You don't want to succeed in this 18 lbs but end up looking like Christian Bale in "The Machinest"

I would not cut right after bulking. End your bulk at a bodyfat you are comfortable at and stick there for 8-12 weeks so your body resets its LBM to your new levels of muscle and sets that as the new homeostasis. If you cut right after a bulk your body sees the new muscle as the most disposable thing. It has lived without it up until this point and sees no need to try and maintain it once you are in a deficit. Let your body become accustomed to the new mass and then diet down. You will keep more of your gains that way.

That's all for one day:

View attachment 140254

Tilapia fillet (self raised at farm), Broccoli and a bit garlic-mayonnaise
You have a stocked pond too? Pretty awesome!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^^^ Second this. SFreed is already looking awesome, no need for him to punish himself that hard.
Personally, I don't like Christian Bale -but his body transformations are awe inspiring.

CJNator

Awards
Losing weight ain't on my plate but I'll watch everyone else while eating some ice cream cake

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^^ Second this. SFreed is already looking awesome, no need for him to punish himself that hard.
Personally, I don't like Christian Bale -but his body transformations are awe inspiring.
I liked him in American Psycho, he fit the bill perfectly there. I think he did fine in the Batman movies but really once the costume is on anyone could do it. He isn't one of my favorites but I still enjoy movies he is in. Even if his performance isn't stand out most of the movies he has been in are great movies. Personally he is probably a douche but I don't let him being caught having a temper tantrum bother me. So many actors out there I couldn't go see there movies if liking them or what they stand for was required for me to enjoy seeing them act like someone else.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I shall follow along, i have also began removing the bulge so we can support each other in these tough times of caloric restriction.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, MrKleen is a pretty damn good bro. I was all fired up the competition, and I don't want to back out after I said I'd join....but ahhh....

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm definitely in. Planning on cutting 18 and gaining some muscle. We will see how that pans out.

25% BF at 217.5

Goal is 12% BF at 199 ish

Incinderine + Exotherm
And Follerdone 2.0

Edit: I would actually be losing a total of 18 but in realty losing 28 and gaining 10 lbs of muscle. If all goes according to plan.

Queue music.
Muahahahaha. Cough. Gasp.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn, MrKleen is a pretty damn good bro. I was all fired up the competition, and I don't want to back out after I said I'd join....but ahhh....
Just take a realistic look at yourself and your position. This is a doable thing for sure but most people are going to want to at least be in the 20-25% and up body fat range to drop 18lbs safely in 6 weeks without losing a lot of muscle. Maybe there can be a second group looking to only drop 12 lbs @ 2 lbs a week keeps things pretty safe for those without a lot of fat to lose.

I get hyped up about every challenge or contest any of us put up. I have just been lucky enough lately to be in Prep for my upcoming PL meet so I can't stray from my course. Otherwise I would have probably killed myself in some of HGP's challenges earlier this summer. I have learned to pick and choose now because not all contests are right for me depending on the current state of my physique. However a contest is massive motivation so I totally get the desire to be in one and the drive one gets from them.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just take a realistic look at yourself and your position. This is a doable thing for sure but most people are going to want to be in the 20-25% body fat range to drop 18lbs safely in 6 weeks without losing a lot of muscle. Maybe there can be a second group looking to only drop 12 lbs @ 2 lbs a week keeps things pretty safe for those without a lot of fat to lose.

I get hyped up about every challenge or contest any of us put up. I have just been lucky enough lately to be in Prep for my upcoming PL meet so I can't stray from my course. Otherwise I would have probably killed myself in some of HGP's challenges earlier this summer. I have learned to pick and choose now because not all contests are right for me depending on the current state of my physique. However a contest is massive motivation so I totally get the desire to be in one and the drive one gets from them.
Yeah right now I'm sitting at 208ish (depends on water/glycogen retention) at around 15%. 18 lbs in 6 weeks seems like a real iffy thing already to me, but after what you said, it sort of hit me more. I enjoy competition, but maybe I should be smarter with my battles (even if they are for fun)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah right now I'm sitting at 208ish (depends on water/glycogen retention) at around 15%. 18 lbs in 6 weeks seems like a real iffy thing already to me, but after what you said, it sort of hit me more. I enjoy competition, but maybe I should be smarter with my battles (even if they are for fun)
Well in your situation I would say 12 lbs would be a challenge and doable. Probably just as challenging as 18 for the bigger guys. Why don't we make this a 2 class event. Those who are relatively lean already go for 12 lbs and those who have a little more to lose stay at the 18 lbs. Keeps things sensible and allows more people to participate who are at different compositions.

What do you all think HIT4ME and hairygrandpa? This is your contest you want to allow another class?

Also while making suggestions to keep things fair, no water manipulation tricks to cut weight like a fighter or power lifter before a meet the last week out. It really won't be beneficial to anyone to play that game as opposed to exercising the discipline to actually lose real fat. a big guy like HGP could cut 20lbs of water in less than a week if he wanted too but that wouldn't be in the spirit of the competition. It makes sense in a physique transformation but not something geared to help people actually improve body composition.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well in your situation I would say 12 lbs would be a challenge and doable. Probably just as challenging as 18 for the bigger guys. Why don't we make this a 2 class event. Those who are relatively lean already go for 12 lbs and those who have a little more to lose stay at the 18 lbs. Keeps things sensible and allows more people to participate who are at different compositions.

What do you all think HIT4ME and hairygrandpa? This is your contest you want to allow another class?

Also while making suggestions to keep things fair, no water manipulation tricks to cut weight like a fighter or power lifter before a meet the last week out. It really won't be beneficial to anyone to play that game as opposed to exercising the discipline to actually lose real fat. a big guy like HGP could cut 20lbs of water in less than a week if he wanted too but that wouldn't be in the spirit of the competition. It makes sense in a physique transformation but not something geared to help people actually improve body composition.
MrKleen73 - you come in here and just take over, and.....I love it. You and I are on the same page. I was wondering hour SFreed could lose 18 pounds when he put up those photos, and I was thinking 10 pounds would be impressive for him.

I saw your thoughts above and started thinking -people below say, 18% , may have a really hard time doing 18 pounds and not christian baleing it. I certainly don't want that...this is supposed to be hard but positive.

I like the idea of reducing it to 10 or 12 pounds if you are below 15 or 18 %. The idea is to get people competing. If you are gonna claim low body fat % though, we need noods. What say you hairygrandpa?

I really appreciate your input MrKleen. I want this to be a challenge for the people...so everyone can feel free to voice their opinion and the rules can change as long as it increases competition in an honest and positive light.

And yeah, if you want to lose 20 pounds of water, you are missing the point of the challenge.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm definitely in. Planning on cutting 18 and gaining some muscle. We will see how that pans out.

25% BF at 217.5

Goal is 12% BF at 199 ish

Incinderine + Exotherm
And Follerdone 2.0

Edit: I would actually be losing a total of 18 but in realty losing 28 and gaining 10 lbs of muscle. If all goes according to plan.

Queue music.
Muahahahaha. Cough. Gasp.
If you pull that off, you will win. That would be impressive. I don't think you can do it, because it seems so ambitious. But I believe you could prove me wrong and I want to see that. Glad to have you on board.

Lol - you should have taken a page out of Firetitan's book and said you were 225. This is meant to push people in a direction they want to go. If it isn't right for YOU, backing out is understandable ...no harm at all. If you decide to go for a more moderate goal, then let's have at it!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm down to chop out 12 lbs without water tricks. If it helps motivate you guys, I'm all for it. It's all about teamwork, bahaha.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like the idea of reducing it to 10 or 12 pounds if you are below 15 or 18 %. The idea is to get people competing. If you are gonna claim low body fat % though, we need noods. What say you @hairygrandpa?
Ditto!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

So fricken intelligent. I think youve got a great point. Im 220, and probably closer to 20%, maybe a bit more, so I think 3lbs a week is doable as long as I dedicate myself to it. And completely agree about the water weight.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ah man. I could probably try to lose 10lbs (i truly have 0 desire to lose any more than that). Im 250, probably 16%. Dropping 10 of pure fat would get me to ~12%...which would be the leanest ive ever been since I weighed 205 and was probably 8%...i'll think on it.

Edit: the 16% is the low end of my estimate, probably between 16-18 somewhere. Im not "fat" but i definitely dont have abs.

josun

Awards
  • Established
Ah man. I could probably try to lose 10lbs (i truly have 0 desire to lose any more than that). Im 250, probably 16%. Dropping 10 of pure fat would get me to ~12%...which would be the leanest ive ever been since I weighed 205 and was probably 8%...i'll think on it.
Damn bruh ur a beast

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Don't really post on AM much these days, I mainly lurk in the background, but i am keen to lose a few kilos as we make our way towards summer here in the southern hemisphere, and this will make for some good motivation.

Currently sitting at 90.6kg, which is heavy for me. I would like to get to about 85kg, so a kilo a week or about 2 pounds a week.

Here is a pic from this morning

Not the best pic but it should do the job.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^^^^ Second this. SFreed is already looking awesome, no need for him to punish himself that hard.......
Good to know that you guys think I don't have anything to lose, but I don't see it that way. I look at that picture and the first thing I see is that belly fat. I realize that we are the hardest on ourselves, but I really feel that I need this to motivate me to drop that belly. As I said at first, 10 pounds is really where I would like to be, so if there is 2 groups, that's great. If not, so be it. I'll shoot for 10 and be totally tickled with that.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to know that you guys think I don't have anything to lose, but I don't see it that way. I look at that picture and the first thing I see is that belly fat. I realize that we are the hardest on ourselves, but I really feel that I need this to motivate me to drop that belly. As I said at first, 10 pounds is really where I would like to be, so if there is 2 groups, that's great. If not, so be it. I'll shoot for 10 and be totally tickled with that.
Im loving your attitude !!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Spent all of yesterday traveling or in meetings (with more today) so I'm just know catching up. Are there actually people who would cheat on this? I could totally see that if there were some amazing prize up for grabs, but I was under the impression that this was more of a "warm glow of victory" and hairygrandpa tub noodz. Cheating seems to be like it goes against what this was initially about. Motivation, companionship and maybe a little good natured ribbing.

I didn't get into this to win some "prize". My prize will be looking in a mirror and not seeing that pudgy belly staring back at me. Whether that happens at 8 or 12 pounds is really not my point.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Spent all of yesterday traveling or in meetings (with more today) so I'm just know catching up. Are there actually people who would cheat on this? I could totally see that if there were some amazing prize up for grabs, but I was under the impression that this was more of a "warm glow of victory" and hairygrandpa tub noodz. Cheating seems to be like it goes against what this was initially about. Motivation, companionship and maybe a little good natured ribbing.

I didn't get into this to win some "prize". My prize will be looking in a mirror and not seeing that pudgy belly staring back at me. Whether that happens at 8 or 12 pounds is really not my point.
Theres been some comments made, including by me, when I asked if i could just say I was 260, but in all honesty, i really believe that its all goofing off. The names I see saying their in, I dont think we'd have an issue with. Ill take a picture of the scale with me on it for all I care. I might be a pound or so off when I do it, simply because Im working a 48 hour fire shift, and Ill have yesterday and todays clean arse diet and I wont be able to get on the scale till tomorrow. No prizes, just good fun, and pride innsaying youve done it

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I think you're underestimating the desirability of HGP tub noodz. Were I in this, I would totally cheat and sell my soul for those;).

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Don't really post on AM much these days, I mainly lurk in the background, but i am keen to lose a few kilos as we make our way towards summer here in the southern hemisphere, and this will make for some good motivation.

Currently sitting at 90.6kg, which is heavy for me. I would like to get to about 85kg, so a kilo a week or about 2 pounds a week.

Here is a pic from this morning

Not the best pic but it should do the job.
Welcome to the big game my friend! You are looking good...those 10-12 pounds will have a huge impact on your physique. Glad you are on board.

Edit: the 16% is the low end of my estimate, probably between 16-18 somewhere. Im not "fat" but i definitely dont have abs.
You are estimating you have 40 pounds of fat. If you lose a solid 18 of fat, your estimate of 12% is dead on. Do what is right for you, glad to have your participation in any way you can give.

Oh, I think you have a little to lose but I'd say you are probably close to 15% already. At 188 that is roughly 28 pounds of fat. Subtract 18 and you will have 10 pounds of fat at 170 pounds, which is like...7%? That is shredded but not something you will carry around every day. If you want to do it, I'd be impressed. But we want to be reasonable too and not expect something that will hurt anyone or keep them from their real goals. You got support, it is YOUR decision. Either decision is impressive.

I am just doing this to CRUSH hairygrandpa. Ima teach him a lesson about thinking I'm slacking, old a$$ mutha..nevermind.

The hope is that everyone who gets in on this is carried toward a place they have been wanting to go and haven't. This board has so much knowledge and support and we often just need something to get our butt in gear and then we realize we were made of so much more.

I don't see anyone on here "cheating" and the rules are lenient enough that there is some room for what others may perceive as cheating, but it isn't about that so much as achieving. HGP has a killer stack with some things a lot of people may not mess with. I've used things in the past in the same light, but will be relatively basic supplement-wise over the next 6 weeks. All we care about is keeping everyone safe and healthy and losing 18 pounds in 6 weeks (or 12).

To steal a line from HGP - more than one road leads to Rome. If some of those roads are cheating, that is up to each individual to decide for themselves. As long as they are honest about it.

I think you're underestimating the desirability of HGP tub noodz. Were I in this, I would totally cheat and sell my soul for those;).
Good point. Forget all that I wrote above.

Now if he prints it, autographs it, and mails ityo you personally, things would get brutally competitive

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly this thread/challenge lets me try the anabolic diet (which I've been wanting to test for awhile).

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Spent all of yesterday traveling or in meetings (with more today) so I'm just know catching up. Are there actually people who would cheat on this? ............
I wasn't implying anyone was cheating, just a couple of posts made reference to rules and pictures. Apologies if it came off that way. Maybe I made some mental leap due to lots of travel, very little sleep and advanced age.
As you were.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
We are all our own worst critiques. You are just on the edge of abs. I see you have weight to lose and you may have 18 lbs of fat you can lose, but you would lose an unnacceptable amount of muscle in the process trying to do it in 6 weeks. You would want to take that one over say 12-16 weeks to keep your muscle mass intact. THis will get you a great start toward the goal then you can slow the cut down a little as you get leaner so you save more muscle tissue.

Well one of the original things was anyone who does not make it has to do something that sucks or is embarrassing for not achieving their goal. So winning is for bragging rights, but not sticking to it and achieving the goal comes with a consequence.

FYI, most of the ones I have done involve a publicly shared youtube and Instagram video doing something embarrassing like Oh dancing in a tutu or something. So you can see why someone who didn't have the discipline to stick to their guns might try and cut water at the end to avoid the penalty for failure. Gives a much larger sense of accountability.

I wasn't implying anyone was cheating, just a couple of posts made reference to rules and pictures. Apologies if it came off that way. Maybe I made some mental leap due to lots of travel, very little sleep and advanced age.
As you were.
It was me, and yes people cheat, or do silly things that aren't exactly cheating but are not exactly honest. Especially if they think others may be doing the same thing. So saying please don't do this just puts it out there from jump street.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As you were.
Youre golden brother!! I knew what you meant! Lol

PS... ill see your "As you were" and raise you a
"Carry On"

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You are estimating you have 40 pounds of fat. If you lose a solid 18 of fat, your estimate of 12% is dead on. Do what is right for you, glad to have your participation in any way you can give.
I compete in powerlifting in the 242 weight class...dropping to 232 does me absolutely nothing beneficial. Especially if im already going to be low teen bf at 240.

And you're wrong..i only have to lose 10lbs of bf to get to 12% (pending I really am 16%). 250x0.16 = 40. 250x0.12=30. 40-30=10lbs. But yes, i will likely try to participate, but I wont be employing any of the drastic measures some of you will be. Ill be sticking with my zig zagging of cals and carbs depending on the training day. My performance supersedes any desire for strict weight loss.