2016 NFL Thread

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bradford has been injury prone his entire career like Romo. Dak is a warrior.
Da fuk its preseason lots of quaterbacks look great in preseason. Im not saying he wont be good but wait until regular season when people are actually trying hard and game planning.

scw538

scw538

Awards
Dak played pretty decent against Hawks defense. I understand they will scheme more but Dallas will lean on the o line to win games. Zeek and Morris will be huge in Romo's absence but I think Dak has great resolve and will do what he is asked to do in the offense.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dak played pretty decent against Hawks defense. I understand they will scheme more but Dallas will lean on the o line to win games. Zeek and Morris will be huge in Romo's absence but I think Dak has great resolve and will do what he is asked to do in the offense.
Ok how did leaning on your o-line and running back work 2 years ago, with the best running back in the league at the time?

Oh wait it only won you 8 games. How bout cowboys fans be more realistic.You need defense to a great team.

Look at the steelers sick offense, with much better quarterback then romeo (or "the savior dak"), one of the best running back in the league, really good back up running back, best WR in the league, 2 really good WR other than brown, will be hall of fame TE, and yet they barely made it to the playoffs and lost, because their defense suxxxx. Same will happen to the cowboys.

Ps. Yes i meant to put romo as romeo.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He missed a ton of games at St. Louis and at OK.
And that has what to do with last season when he looked great in preseason and less than mediocre during regular season?

Dak played the whole game against a Seahawks first team defense that was playing and scheming as well as they could to stop them from scoring?

Didn't think so.

Maybe just take a deep breath and realize that the preseason is not indicative of regular season performance.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I much prefer the college game to NFL. I enjoyed watching Dak play at MSU. Dominant, exciting, gifted. But you know when you see it, not an NFL QB. Other guys, (Paxton Lynch comes to mind from this past year), you see three plays and you know that he has gifts that give him the chance to do really well. Never a guarantee, but he fills out the checklist. You don't have to be a scout, it's visible right on the surface.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Steelers fan. Your OP is biased.
Biased?
go LOOK at your record over the last few years....
1-11 without romo the last year... So lets have this rookie come in and expect miracles.

2010 6 10
2011 8 8
2012 8 8
2013 8 8
2014 12 4
2015 4 12

in 6 years you have been to the playoffs once..
Yes Dallas is doing GREAT things especially with Jason Garret at the helm.
These are your teams stats. They are not looking very pretty, and I am not biased these are legit facts. There is a reason your team falls short every year. You can score points but you can not stop teams. You will not win shoot outs and expect to make a deep playoff run in the NFL. Defense is what wins championships.

Cam Netwon and Carolina had a deadly offense last year and almost ran the table.. What happened when they ran into a great Denver Defense? Yes they got shut down and lost the SB. Wonder why Defense is so important? It wins games.

scw538

scw538

Awards
How does the steelers D look ? It is horrible some games good enough others. Dallas and Pitt have the same issue.

scw538

scw538

Awards
I do like the schedule. I had Boys penciled in at a conservative 12-4 could be better or one game worse at 11-5. This was before Romo broke his back. Losses to NYG 1 game, Pitt, GB,Balt/Cincy. First four games still look good for a worst case scenario of 3-1 that could be the one loss to NYG.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
How does the steelers D look ? It is horrible some games good enough others. Dallas and Pitt have the same issue.
If Pitt had the same issues.. why do they have a better record and in the playoffs far more then the dallas cowboys?

2010 : 12-4 and lost the SB
2011: 12-4 and lost a heart breaker to the broncos
2012 and 2013: 8-8
2014: 11-5 .. lost in playoffs to ravens
2015: 10-6 and lost to the SB Champs (Bronocs)

Steelers must be doing something right with their bad defense (in your words) to make the playoffs 4 of the last 6 years.

scw538

scw538

Awards
Ok how did leaning on your o-line and running back work 2 years ago, with the best running back in the league at the time?

Oh wait it only won you 8 games. How bout cowboys fans be more realistic.You need defense to a great team.

Look at the steelers sick offense, with much better quarterback then romeo (or "the savior dak"), one of the best running back in the league, really good back up running back, best WR in the league, 2 really good WR other than brown, will be hall of fame TE, and yet they barely made it to the playoffs and lost, because their defense suxxxx. Same will happen to the cowboys.

Ps. Yes i meant to put romo as romeo.
2 years ago we were 12-4 lost to GB on a horrible call.

scw538

scw538

Awards
If Pitt had the same issues.. why do they have a better record and in the playoffs far more then the dallas cowboys?

2010 : 12-4 and lost the SB
2011: 12-4 and lost a heart breaker to the broncos
2012 and 2013: 8-8
2014: 11-5 .. lost in playoffs to ravens
2015: 10-6 and lost to the SB Champs (Bronocs)

Steelers must be doing something right with their bad defense (in your words) to make the playoffs 4 of the last 6 years.
Solution. I am not doubting the past steelers D. But you can't sit here and say they are building on Defense the last several years. Today what do you think about the defense of Pitt? I would assume pretty much the same as last year.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Solution. I am not doubting the past steelers D. But you can't sit here and say they are building on Defense the last several years. Today what do you think about the defense of Pitt? I would assume pretty much the same as last year.
They are not building?
Are you serious?
Shazier was a steal of a pick and has been a stud for us

I know your a diehard dallas fan, but you have no idea what you are talking about..
Look at the steelers draft picks the last 2 years..

1st Round selection: OLB, Alvin Dupree, University of Kentucky
2nd Round selection: CB, Senquez Golson, Ole Miss
4th Round selection: CB, Doran Grant, Ohio State
6th Round selection: DT, Leterrius Walton, Central Michigan
6th Round selection (compensatory pick): DE, Anthony Chickillo, Miami (FL)
7th Round selection: S, Gerod Holliman, Louisville

2016:
Round 1, Pick 25: Artie Burns, CB, Miami
Round 2, Pick No. 58: Sean Davis, S, Maryland
Round 3, Pick No. 72: Javon Hargrave, DT, South Carolina
Round 6, Pick 220 Travis Feeney, OLB, Washington
Round 7, Pick 246 Tyler Matakevich, ILB, Temple

we have drafted 3 offensive players and 11 defensive players.
Your telling me that is not trying to rebuild the defense?

Our defense is improved from last year, and you will see that on the field this year. We are young and maturing and every year we continue to get better ever since Troy has departed.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Delusional Cowboys fan is delusional. Lets move on. For Zeke's sake, I hope they don't run him into the ground as a rookie.

There were a lot of devastating injuries yesterday. I was holding my breathe during the Jets game.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Delusional Cowboys fan is delusional. Lets move on. For Zeke's sake, I hope they don't run him into the ground as a rookie.

There were a lot of devastating injuries yesterday. I was holding my breathe during the Jets game.
Two fans i dislike are cowboys and seahawks. I hate the seahawks more and i also hate the seahawks as a hole. Frankly i dont dislike the cowboys, just the fans because they are so delusional.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm watching the game of FOX right now. I love Peyton commercials, but there are way too many now.

Jenkins went down on the Cards D. You could tell right away it was an ACL or MCL. He was trying to switch directions and his knee was still going in the initial direction. Also, Osweiler is looking pretty good, when he is protected.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm watching the game of FOX right now. I love Peyton commercials, but there are way too many now.
Too many commercials with not enough a variety of content.

scw538

scw538

Awards
So tell me this J. Showers is will be backup to Dak. Who do you play in next pre season game

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Colin Kaepernick: 'I'll continue to sit' for anthems
Chiefs' Eric Berry signs 1-year deal, to practice Monday
Dashon Goldson signs with Falcons
Chargers RB Branden Oliver carted off with Achilles injury

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick says his decision to sit during the national anthem Friday wasn't to bash the military, but rather to bring awareness to unjust and unpunished actions in the United States.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick says his decision to sit during the national anthem Friday wasn't to bash the military, but rather to bring awareness to unjust and unpunished actions in the United States.
Giants roasted him.
A fan posted a video of the fan burning Kaeps jersey while playing national anthem.

Better ways to bring awareness. He's just a raging douche

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Giants roasted him.
A fan posted a video of the fan burning Kaeps jersey while playing national anthem.

Better ways to bring awareness. He's just a raging douche
Agreed

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So some Headlines from ESPN

Broncos turn to Siemian as starting quarterback
Knighton on Pats cut: 'It's been real New England'
C Stork fails physical, back to Patriots
Wentz's ribs likely to keep QB out of Eagles' finale
Browns cut ties with rushing linebacker Kruger

Eager to see who else may get cut these last few weeks before pre-season is wrapped up.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
But in other news... Bosa finally ends the stalemate and signs with the Chargers.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Cards CB Mike Jenkins tore his ACL and will be on IR. I hate this for Mike. He caught a ton of flack as a Cowboy....but was always a good guy. I totally wish him well.

Browns trade punter Andy Lee and a '17 7th rd pick to the Panthers for punter Kasey Redfern and a '18 4th rd pick. Weird....lol.

Several notable vets released yesterday including CB Brandon Browner and DE Quinton Couples. DE Paul Kruger will visit the Saints and the Chiefs.

The Tampa/Wash game will be played Wednesday instead of Thurs due to incoming weather.

Vikings are looking to trade vet center John Sullivan. I wonder if Washington bites with the failed physical of Stork?

Browns released CB K'Waun Williams...who was suspended for 2 weeks by the club.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
More News:

Kaepernick to play in 49ers' preseason finale
Chargers waive QB Mettenberger among cuts
Chiefs LB Houston (knee surgery) put on PUP list
Giants re-sign Beatty to 1-year deal
Dolphins DE Jordan ineligible for first six games
Bridgewater Suffers knee injury in practice

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Giants give former OT Will Beaty a 1 yr deal.

Packers traded LB Lerentee McCray to the Bills for a draft pick.

Jags waived former Colts 1st rounder, DE Bjoern Werner

Pats signed WR/ST Matthew Slater to a 1yr extension...so through '17

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn, looks like Teddy might even be out the majority of next year too. His recovery time, not including rehab, is 9-12 months. Then you'll have rehab for the ligaments. I feel terrible for him.

I wonder why it seems like there are so many non contact injuries now. Maybe because of less time in training camps and bodies are somewhat de-conditioned? Maybe an underlying issue?

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Damn, looks like Teddy might even be out the majority of next year too. His recovery time, not including rehab, is 9-12 months. Then you'll have rehab for the ligaments. I feel terrible for him.

I wonder why it seems like there are so many non contact injuries now. Maybe because of less time in training camps and bodies are somewhat de-conditioned? Maybe an underlying issue?
I do too I think they would have done well I haven't had mine repaired and its embarrassing walking and go to turn and it gives out lol imo I just don't think the ligaments cant handle the cuts,juking,training etc I tore mine in a non contact juke at practice

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
NFL clears James Harrison, Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers in Al Jazeera PED investigation
Steelers claim QB Zach Mettenberger off waivers from Chargers

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Steelers reworked the contract of WR Antonio Brown yesterday. Browns new deal with give him a $8.975 million signing bonus and $1.25mil base this year (was due $6.25mil this yr).

Panthers sign S Stevie Brown.

Saints sign DE Paul Kruger.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Former Bears wide receiver Brandon Marshall said in an interview with The MMQB that he believes his in-season television work on Showtime's "Inside the NFL" played a role in Chicago's decision to trade him to the New York Jets in the 2015 offseason.

Tom Brady scheduled to start Patriots' preseason finale

NFL announces 2017 draft to be held in Philadelphia

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't believe the biggest story line for the last of the games is the niners pre game.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Kaep Kneels and does not look impressives
Seattle CB Sits during National Anthem
Jets Petty injuired shoulder