2016 NFL Thread

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't believe the biggest story line for the last of the games is the niners pre game.
I'll celebrate when's he's cut and we never hear of him again.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Perhaps the best thing that could have happened to the Jets occurred last night. One of the QBs got hurt. Place Petty on season ending IR, even though it is not that serious and keep the other 3 on the active roster.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Rob Ninkovich 'heartbroken' by four-game suspension Pats DE
Bills cut Manny Lawson, Jerome Felton; Glenn Gronkowski makes team
Chiefs waive QB Aaron Murray
Cardinals release veterans Donald Butler, Chris Clemons

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rob Ninkovich 'heartbroken' by four-game suspension Pats TE
Bills cut Manny Lawson, Jerome Felton; Glenn Gronkowski makes team
Chiefs waive QB Aaron Murray
Cardinals release veterans Donald Butler, Chris Clemons
Ninkovich is a DE not TE

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lawrence Taylor arrested on suspicion of DUI after Florida crash

Romo needs to calm down. they are 1-12 without him as a starter.
His quote "Cliff Avril followed through with plans to reach out to Tony Romo and received an optimistic response from the Dallas Cowboys quarterback, who suffered a fractured bone in his back after a hit by the Seattle Seahawks defensive end.

"You take care of the NFC West, we will see yall in the playoffs," Romo texted to Avril, the defensive end told the Star-Telegram on Friday."

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Bradford just went to the Vikings!
For a first round pick and a 4th smh

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Desperation on Vikings part but little choice with AP close to retirement.
Eagles have killed the trade game

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bradford just went to the Vikings!
For a first round pick and a 4th smh
Wow, they gave up too much for him. I would have done those picks for a younger quarterback like AJ McCaron. I guess it is safe to say Philly is giving up on this season?

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Wow, they gave up too much for him. I would have done those picks for a younger quarterback like AJ McCaron. I guess it is safe to say Philly is giving up on this season?
That would've been a good pick up he looks promising

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Justin Gilbert traded to the Steelers for a 6th rounder. Hopefully Tomlin can fix him.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sanchez cut by Denver off to Dallas (What a horrible move by Dallas IMO)
Ravens release RB Justin Forsett.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Couple facts about Steelers cuts:
*None of 22 players released Saturday have played more than three regular season games with the Steelers. No emotional decisions here.
*At least 13 players from the Steelers' 53-man roster went undrafted in their respective drafts.
*Twenty-two players on the 53-man roster are in their first or second seasons in the league.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
A 1 and conditional 4 for McCarron. Crazy talk .

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sanchez 86 TD's to 84 Interceptions
37-35 Record
Both not the greatest stats.

I personally think both him and bradford are not great QB's, nor can they be franchise QBs to lead a team to the playoffs. The only way they would get to the playoffs is with a great defense.. Dallas does not have that, and a reason why they struggle to find the post-season. Sanchez may put up some points, but Dalla's cant stop teams.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Bradford can still be a NFL starting QB.

I do not believe there are 32 better QBs in the league than him.

He still has a ton of arm talent, he's just been too injury prone up to this point.

I like that the Eagles were able to get a decent amount for him, but I honestly was looking forward to seeing him play this season.

And would honestly have preferred to have kept Bradford and not traded all of those picks for Wentz. I don't believe he is that good, and believe the Eagles would've been better off with Bradford and a supporting cast than they will be with Wentz and the current offense.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

He still has a ton of arm talent, he's just been too injury prone up to this point.

I like that the Eagles were able to get a decent amount for him, but I honestly was looking forward to seeing him play this season.

And would honestly have preferred to have kept Bradford and not traded all of those picks for Wentz. I don't believe he is that good, and believe the Eagles would've been better off with Bradford and a supporting cast than they will be with Wentz and the current offense.
My thoughts exactly

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
-Bears release K Robbie Gould (all time leading scorer for the club) and signed former Packer G Josh Sitton to a 3yr $21.5mil deal with $10mil gtd

-Steelers placed LB Bud Dupree on IR

-Pats signed former Titans RB Bishop Sankey to their practice squad

-Chargers claim former Giants RB Andre Williams

-Titans claim former Jets TE Jace Amaro (IR last year)

-Dolphins claim former Titans WR Justin Hunter

-Ravens could bring back Forsett....who they just cut

-Texans JJ Watt is expected to play in their opener....after a back surgery in the offseason

Don't know if putting all the pressure on Wentz will be a great first year. Would of been better to have someone to develop him

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Here's the Jets' updated roster.
New players/new numbers:
RB Troymaine Pope (32),
CB Darryl Roberts (26), T
E Braedon Bowman (84)
and TE Brian Parker (85).

Shaun Hill was taking first-team snaps in individual drills during the short open port of the Vikings' first regular season practice on Monday. Sam Bradford, who just joined the team, doesn't yet have his name on the back of his No. 8 jersey. Wide receiver Charles Johnson, tackle Jeremiah Sirles and guard Nick Easton were not practicing for the Vikings.

Jaguars coach Gus Bradley says team voted on captains: QB Blake Bortles, LB Paul Posluszny, LS Carson Tinker.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The point of me posting those stats was to illustrate that the Vikings could have gotten a similar quarterback, other than Sanchez, for a lot less. It is not like they needed the best option. They needed a game manager.

Forsett is back with the Ravens and Wentz was officially named the starter for week 1

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The point of me posting those stats was to illustrate that the Vikings could have gotten a similar quarterback, other than Sanchez, for a lot less. It is not like they needed the best option. They needed a game manager.

Forsett is back with the Ravens and Wentz was officially named the starter for week 1
They have actual Superbowl aspirations this season, they needed the best QB they could get.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Sanchez went to dallas.
Bradford went to The Vikings.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They have actual Superbowl aspirations this season, they needed the best QB they could get.
Yes but I disagree with the move. They have a decent core of receivers, a solid defense, and a stout running game. Sanchez could have been had much cheaper without mortgaging the future. I understand why they did it. AP only has one or two years left so they went all in.. But could have saved those picks and traded up for Chubbs or Fournette.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is not ike they were expecting or even needed Bridgewater to be lights out. Look at his stats. He is very similar to a Alex Smith. That is all they needed and could have gotten that without losing a first rounder and potential second (depending on where they finish). Yes, they are a playoff team and kind of a win now team, but I think it was a panic move. Originally, Philly was looking for two second round picks.

Sanchez went to dallas.
Bradford went to The Vikings.
I know that.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
49ers release tight end Bruce Miller after arrest on assault charge

Big shocker here: Johnny Manziel enrolled at Texas A&M

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is not ike they were expecting or even needed Bridgewater to be lights out. Look at his stats. He is very similar to a Alex Smith. That is all they needed and could have gotten that without losing a first rounder and potential second (depending on where they finish). Yes, they are a playoff team and kind of a win now team, but I think it was a panic move. Originally, Philly was looking for two second round picks.

I know that.
Sure, they don't need Tom Brady.

But they need someone who can throw accurately in the intermediate range without running into his own line and fumbling.

There is a reason Sanchez never started of Bradford in Philly.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you knew that, you would know Sanchez did not go to the Vikings.
Lol, read my post you quoted. I said the Vikings could have gotten a similar quarterback to Bradford, OTHER than Sanchez. Other would mean excluding.

Reading comprehension is strong in this one.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The Saints placed rookie DT Sheldon Rankins on injured reserve with his broken fibula, meaning he can't return to practice for at least six weeks or game action for at least eight weeks.

The Raiders made it official by placing defensive end Mario Edwards, Jr., on Injured Reserve. Oakland also announced the signings of rookie defensive end Jason Fanaika and first-year linebacker Curtis Grant to the practice squad,

The 49ers made some more roster moves on Monday afternoon, claiming DT Taylor Hart off waivers from Philadelphia.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards

I know that.
Very true

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It's a risk I would take. You know what you're getting from Bradford and it doesn't command what was given.
Of course Bradford doesn't command that but McCarron doesn't come close to that , McCarron doesn't deserve even close to that , there is reason he was drafted where he was.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Kaepernick jerseys are now the 2nd most popular sold on NFL.com, surpassing OBJ & behind Ezekiel Elliott

- Seattle Seahawks cornerback Jeremy Lane said he heard from San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick last week after Lane sat during the national anthem prior to the team's fourth preseason game.

"He reached out to me and just told me thank you, standing behind me," Lane said.

Drew Brees' agent, Saints talking contract, but little progress made

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Of course Bradford doesn't command that but McCarron doesn't come close to that , McCarron doesn't deserve even close to that , there is reason he was drafted where he was.
One, I give up all that for McCarron either but would give him more consideration than Bradford.

Two, the whole he was drafted where he was argument is a flawed one. If that was a valid point, all the first 10 picks each year would be hall of famers and Brady would not be Brady. Drafting is a skill and luck product. The one issue the NFL has is with quarterbacks. People are quick to give up on a low draft pick that never was given a chance, but all too forgiving for a higher drafted quarterback that stinks. That is because of where they were drafted. This does not happen all the time, but is all too often the case. That is why there is only a pool of 40-45 "serviceable" quarterbacks

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vikings GM released a statement saying he knows he overpaid for Bradford but had no choice. Teams prices went through the roof and a lot of teams wanted compensation + young, core players.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
On the Seahawks' unofficial Week 1 depth chart, Christine Michael is listed ahead of Thomas Rawls at RB
Saints just released CB Cortland Finnegan
Vikes list Hill ahead of Bradford on QB depth chart
Sources: Eagles trade corner Rowe to Patriots
No IR for Romo;
Bills boost return game, sign ex-Bengal Tate

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jaguars coach Gus Bradley says team voted on captains: QB Blake Bortles, LB Paul Posluszny, LS Carson Tinker.
Hope you don't mind, but I'm giving away some protein for the Jags/Packers game here:

FINAFLEX Football PROMO (weekly)
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285282

Not trying to take away from houston because i was impressed. But i do think OK was over ranked and i wouldnt have placed houston at 6, 8 probably not 6.
Agree about OU being overrated and they shouldn't be 5, but Houston may be the real deal. 6-7, maybe.

Is there a thread like this for college football?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hope Houston runs the table and forces the committees hand!

If OK can dominate the rest of the season, it strengthens Houston's resume.
I dont see it happening not because houston but because either ohio state or Michigan will go undefeated, same with Alabama, stanford, and either fsu or clemson will as well.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont see it happening not because houston but because either ohio state or Michigan will go undefeated, same with Alabama, stanford, and either fsu or clemson will as well.
We rarely see a season with more than one undefeated team.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We rarely see a season with more than one undefeated team.
Well look at all 6 of those teams schedules they arent tough other then when they play each other, other than Alabamas but the sec is looking weak this year and well its bama(fck i hate saying that, i hate bama with everything in me but they are good)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well look at all 6 of those teams schedules they arent tough other then when they play each other, other than Alabamas but the sec is looking weak this year and well its bama(fck i hate saying, i hate bama with everything in me but they are good)
You never know in CF though. I'm an FSU fan, and after last night I feel good about hosting Clemson at home. The games that scare me are Louisville and Miami. UNC may be a creeper still.

Alabama was on fire. But maybe USC sucks? Still so early. Don't forget that Ole Miss beat Bama last year but was nowhere as good.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You never know in CF though. I'm an FSU fan, and after last night I feel good about hosting Clemson at home. The games that scare me are Louisville and Miami. UNC may be a creeper still.

Alabama was on fire. But maybe USC sucks? Still so early. Don't forget that Ole Miss beat Bama last year but was nowhere as good.
Good point. But i will put momey on atleast Michigan running the table and also pretty confident that standford can as well. However if Michigan doesnt run the table i beleieve ohio state will but you are right you never know. However im a believer in harbaugh and Michigan, definitely believe that they will win the cfp

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Since carrol has left what good has USC been? They really have went downhill
Bama is a force.
That defense is just F'in Brutal.