2016 NFL Thread

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't get to watch the first half because of work. I only was able to watch the second half. Outside of highlights from the first half.
Edelman was 3-10 with like 3 drops.

Everyone was dropping. It was weird.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yep me and everybody else. I'm glad everybody else can see your bs.

Lol

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Edelman was 3-10 with like 3 drops.

Everyone was dropping. It was weird.
I mentioned to a buddy last night, after the missed PAT, about how literally everything was going wrong for NE. (Blount fumble, Brady Pick 6, missed PAT, etc.) That strip sack on Ryan at the Falcons 26 really changed the momentum of the game.

Poor coaching decisions by ATL gave NE a chance to come back, and they reallly capitalized on that.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you seen how unathletic he is/was? He wouldn't have stood a chance.
Idk man. He picked up like a 17 yard first down with those legs.

I mentioned to a buddy last night, after the missed PAT, about how literally everything was going wrong for NE. (Blount fumble, Brady Pick 6, missed PAT, etc.) That strip sack on Ryan at the Falcons 26 really changed the momentum of the game.

Poor coaching decisions by ATL gave NE a chance to come back, and they reallly capitalized on that.
WHY DO YOU NOT RUN THE ****ING BALL
THERE AND MAKE THEM USE A TIME OUT OH MY GOD.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Doesn't tb12 have the slowest forty out of any starting QB ever? I think they said something about that in the pregame last night

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doesn't tb12 have the slowest forty out of any starting QB ever? I think they said something about that in the pregame last night
5.2 IIRC. His combine tape is hilarious. He looked so gangly and unathletic. He has really put a lot of work in to change that since joining the NFL.

Edit: 5.28 per link posted below.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you seen how unathletic he is/was? He wouldn't have stood a chance.
Haha, at the least you could have ran away from him and his 5.28 40-yard time at the Combine (which "still stands as the slowest among active NFL starting quarterbacks")
LOOK: Tom Brady was really, really bad at the NFL combine in 2000 - CBSSports.com
and his 24.5" vertical.
Tom Brady NFL Combine Results
Tom Brady Is The Worst Athlete In The NFL. His Combine Stats Prove ThatToo. But Here's Why That Does Not Matter At All: | Exploring Markets

He was listed at 6'4" or 6'5" and 211lbs (he's listed at 225lbs or so now).

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Idk man. He picked up like a 17 yard first down with those legs.

WHY DO YOU NOT RUN THE ****ING BALL
THERE AND MAKE THEM USE A TIME OUT OH MY GOD.
Falcons coaching staff did their best to keep NE in the game, that's for damn sure.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5.2 IIRC. His combine tape is hilarious. He looked so gangly and unathletic. He has really put a lot of work in to change that since joining the NFL.

Edit: 5.28 per link posted below.
Tom-Brady-shirtless-02-15-15.jpg

He's really come a long way.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But let's just appreciate that Goodell had to congratulate Brady and BB after the weak, weak, weak evidence he used to crucify Brady and patriots.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's the damn illuminati!!!! Same thing happened against Seattle
Intersting link related to that:

http://thefixisin.net/legal.html

Mayer’s lawyer, Bruce Afran, disagreed. He believed consumer fraud had occurred. He said, “(The opinion) seems to suggest that no matter how much ticket holders pay, they can be defrauded by NFL teams. And it puts the NFL on the same level as professional wrestling.”

Because there is no law outside of the loose interpretation of fraud from preventing a league from fixing its own games, Afran’s conclusion is correct. One cannot fix a sporting event for gambling purposes; that is illegal. And one cannot fix an intellectual contest for entertainment purposes; that was made illegal after the quiz show scandal of the 1950s.*

But fix a sporting event for entertainment purposes?*Completely legal.*

What’s worse, the lawyer representing the NFL, Shepard Goldfein, actually argued in court that “fans likely would buy tickets even if they knew the Patriots were stealing signals.” In other words, the NFL realizes that much like pro wrestling, even if fans knew the football was rigged, they still pay their money to see it.*
This is from the lawsuit a NYJ fan brought against the NFL after the spygate scandal.

To be perfectly clear: I don't think the NFL is fixing games. I'm not sure it is even possible with a game like football. You can't script plays like that Edelman catch. However, the fact that they can, legally, and already know it....

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That might be a little bit overboard there.
I don't know man. They would either eat the clock up, or make NE use 1-2 timeouts, kick a potshot field goal and go up by 11.

The comeback was already improbable. Coming back in that alternate scenario might have been impossible.

Fortunately, for me and the Pats, the Falcons coaching staff didn't seem to put a lot of thought into preserving their lead. Instead, they wanted to go for the throat and score another TD.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't know man. They would either eat the clock up, or make NE use 1-2 timeouts, kick a potshot field goal and go up by 11.

The comeback was already improbable. Coming back in that alternate scenario might have been impossible.

Fortunately, for me and the Pats, the Falcons coaching staff didn't seem to put a lot of thought into preserving their lead. Instead, they wanted to go for the throat and score another TD.
You would think after having a similar "I'll outsmart conventional football wisdom" mistake the Seahawks made when he was there he would have playing it safer. Falcons blew it. Patriots made the plays don't get me wrong, but Falcons blatantly made bad coaching decisions in crucial moments. Oh and how many times they run the second half? Like 4? It was Andy Reid like. It will be hard for them to get back next year to redeem themselves.

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You would think after having a similar "I'll outsmart conventional football wisdom" mistake the Seahawks made when he was there he would have playing it safer. Falcons blew it. Patriots made the plays don't get me wrong, but Falcons blatantly made bad coaching decisions in crucial moments. Oh and how many times they run the second half? Like 4? It was Andy Reid like. It will be hard for them to get back next year to redeem themselves.
Falcons ran it 9 times in the first half and 9 in the second half. Not arguing, just stating facts?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Falcons are young. They started 4 rookies on defense. Lost their best DB mid season. And their DL are still on rookie contracts.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
They did have people dropping left and right second half

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Dungy was on "Pro Football Talk Live" on Wednesday to explain that the Colts, like all other teams, did steal signals, but never cheated.
Sam Shields released by Packers after series of concussions
Giants re-sign Steve Spagnuolo after defense rebounds in '16
Eagles release CB Leodis McKelvin

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
James Starks was released by the Pack yesterday or the day before too I believe.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Every team in many sports try to steal signs during the game. If a basketball coach figures out one of the opposing team's plays, they tell their players the play. If a dugout coach picks up signs from the 3rd base coach in baseball, they adjust their defensive/pitching strategy accordingly. What makes you think football is somehow free of people trying to guess/"steal" plays/signs during the game?

Imo that is different than "spygate" aka taping opposing team's practices. Or "deflategate" aka knowingly breaking the rules so your receivers can catch the ball.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Every team in many sports try to steal signs during the game. If a basketball coach figures out one of the opposing team's plays, they tell their players the play. If a dugout coach picks up signs from the 3rd base coach in baseball, they adjust their defensive/pitching strategy accordingly. What makes you think football is somehow free of people trying to guess/"steal" plays/signs during the game?

Imo that is different than "spygate" aka taping opposing team's practices. Or "deflategate" aka knowingly breaking the rules so your receivers can catch the ball.
So, it's okay to steal signs and stuff as long as you don't record them? That's a very fine line.

Deflategate is total BS. That was a crusade with no proof.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, it's okay to steal signs and stuff as long as you don't record them? That's a very fine line.

Well, 1 was against the rules, the other wasn't.

There is a big difference between catching on to signals during a game and spending a week memorizing them before the game.

I agree about the deflated balls.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I can agree about "deflategate". But yes, there is a huge difference between catching onto signs during the game or even past games (bc if they dont make any changes whatsoever thats really on them) vs recording their practices and learning their play calls, signs, or audibles lol. Thatd be like recording another team's spring training practice where they go over their signs vs picking them up while you're playing them...i think the difference is pretty clear cut.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On balls, one man's perspective:

"Everybody has a preference. Some guys like them round, some guys like them thin, some guys like them tacky, some guys like them brand new, some guys like old balls. They’re all different. … It’s a very individual thing."

Anybody wanna guess who said it?

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On balls, one man's perspective:

"Everybody has a preference. Some guys like them round, some guys like them thin, some guys like them tacky, some guys like them brand new, some guys like old balls. They’re all different. … It’s a very individual thing."

Anybody wanna guess who said it?
https://youtu.be/xT9pygVQwgk

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't care about deflate gate but how can anyone downplay spygate? The NFL literally investigated, found evidence to show they were guilty, and destroyed the evidence without fully releasing it?

If I was a betting man I would say it is because the integrity of the league would come into question and they league could potentially lose money.

Patriots are a great team, but I will always question the validity of the first few superbowls. Many players have spoken up on this who played them too.

Sorry for ranting, I just don't get how this is okay with people. And then comes the "well two wrongs make a right" arguments. I think its horse ****.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't care about deflate gate but how can anyone downplay spygate? The NFL literally investigated, found evidence to show they were guilty, and destroyed the evidence without fully releasing it?

If I was a betting man I would say it is because the integrity of the league would come into question and they league could potentially lose money.

Patriots are a great team, but I will always question the validity of the first few superbowls. Many players have spoken up on this who played them too.

Sorry for ranting, I just don't get how this is okay with people. And then comes the "well two wrongs make a right" arguments. I think its horse ****.
I imagine it's because they are Pats fans or Brady fans.

The fact is, over the period from 2000-2007 they illegally filmed the practices of the opposing teams for over 40 different games.

No one knows what all was filmed. No one knows which games were filmed.

To say they didn't cheat is an outright lie. Have they since? I don't believe so. However, they most certainly did in the past.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
After 1st playoff berth since '02, Raiders give Jack Del Rio new deal and 4 year contract
Washington's John Ross to have labrum surgery after combine
Greg Robinson, the former No. 2 overall pick who has struggled at left tackle throughout his three-year career, remains "a big part" of the Los Angeles Rams' plans moving forward, new coach Sean McVay said Friday.
Falcons name Marquand Manuel defensive coordinator
Former Bucs head coach Raheem Morris has been named wide receivers coach, offensive passing game coordinator and assistant head coach for the Falcons.

Jerry Jones doesn't want to think about the possibility of Tony Romo playing for another NFC team.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did a mock draft simulator. Pretty solid for NYG - OJ Howard, Patrick Mahomes, Donta Foreman, Deshon Hall, Kendall Beckworth, Charles Walker, Deatrich Wise.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did a mock draft simulator. Pretty solid for NYG - OJ Howard, Patrick Mahomes, Donta Foreman, Deshon Hall, Kendall Beckworth, Charles Walker, Deatrich Wise.
Have a link to that simulator?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett has withdrawn from a group of NFL players planning to visit Israel next week.
Myles Garrett, projected to be the No. 1 overall pick in this year's NFL draft, says he won't be attending the event (Thats ridiculous IMO)

Some History:
25 Years Ago Today: The Atlanta Falcons trade a quarterback named Brett Favre to the Green Bay Packers.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lots of trade talk about Tony Romo possibly going to Denver or Houston

Garoppollo from NE is very high on the trade table too with consideration to Cleveland , Houston and Denver

Blount wants to stay in NE

Bills Tyrod Taylor has 27.5 million due in march says he has recovered fine from groin surgery

Bears want to move cutler and seeking a trade

Phil Rivers makes it clear he wants to stay in SD as QB

scw538

scw538

Awards
I think I read that they can drop romo after 6/1 and they can spread cap hit out across three years prior take hit "lump sum" this year. I don't see anyone willing to trade for him with his health.