2016 NFL Thread

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Ya but how times did they let Ricky Williams? Lol

agree, but Idont know if I call that success story, he was a shell of the guy who originally played with the dolphins by the time he got back.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's sad too...
Josh Gordon, justin Blackmon, Rolando McClain, Leveon Bell, Martavis Bryant. Idk, I've never been like Chief Keif but I would probably stop having sex for tens of millions of dollars over 5-6 years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The temptation to do something is a lot stronger when someone tells you you can't do it.
Pats Most hated team followed by Cowboys.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18587291/poll-shows-new-england-patriots-most-disliked-team-nfl

For the second straight year, the New England Patriots are the most disliked team in the NFL.

This according to a new poll taken last week and released Monday by Public Policy Polling.

In the poll, taken of 378 NFL fans representative of the US population, 21 percent of people disliked the Patriots -- once again edging the Dallas Cowboys (19 percent).

Of those polled, 42 percent said they feel negatively about the Patriots, compared to only 19 percent who said they think of their Super Bowl LI opponent Atlanta Falcons negatively. As far as who those polled are rooting for to win the Super Bowl, 53 percent are pulling for the Falcons, 27 percent for the Patriots.
The other 20% must be like me. I guess there's no way they could both lose, is there?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
PITTSBURGH -- Steelers president Art Rooney II said Tuesday that he expects Ben Roethlisberger to return for a 14th NFL season because of the quarterback's desire to win a third Super Bowl.

Former Buffalo Bills coach Rex Ryan has no interest in becoming a defensive coordinator and plans on spending at least the upcoming season as a television analyst, he told the New York Daily News this week.

Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones and center Alex Mack were limited at practice Monday, but they will see increased action as the week progresses toward Sunday's Super Bowl LI matchup with the New England Patriots, coach Dan Quinn said.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Colts Kicker, who had much improved dance moves this year, Pat McAfee has decided to retire. He will work for Barstool Sports. Apparently he announced it on Barstool Rundown

Rumors continue to float around Carson Palmer retiring....as they 'have left their Arizona home. Palmer insists that 'they always leave in the offseason' and that it means nothing. Ive seen that Fitzgerald has confirmed he will return....so theres probably a good chance that he and Palmer have chatted.

Houston owner, Bob McNAir RIPPED QB Brock Osweiler, stating in part 'we need better production from the position and will probably look at a young QB in the draft".

League announces that the Raiders and Pats will play in Mexico in 2017. Should be a great matchup, assuming Carr is recovered.

Assuming that Kyle Shannahan takes the 49ers gig, the Falcons have blocked him from taking any of his 'key' assistants with him

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Eric Berry says he 'definitely' won't play under Chiefs tag in 2017

The man who told authorities he shot former New York Jets running back Joe McKnight has been charged with second-degree murder, the Jefferson Parish (Louisiana) District Attorney's office announced Thursday.

If convicted, Ronald Gasser, 55, will face life in prison without the possibility of parole, probation or suspension of sentence. As a result of the indictment, Gasser's bond was increased to $750,000.

Atlanta Falcons coach Dan Quinn for the first time expressed concern about center Alex Mack, who continues to recover from a left fibula injury as the team approaches Sunday's Super Bowl LI matchup with the New England Patriots.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Raiders Pats should be a great game to show off the product

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
HOUSTON, Texas -- Dak Prescott started as an afterthought and ended up as the Associated Press' Offensive Rookie of the Year.
Prescott became the first Cowboy to win the honor since Emmitt Smith in 1990, and edged his teammate Ezekiel Elliott, who finished second, but that he was in position to earn it was something nobody could have expected.

Terrell Owens tweeted Saturday night that he did not get voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
The former wide receiver was in his second year as one of 15 finalists.

The man who told authorities he shot former New York Jets running back Joe McKnight has been charged with second-degree murder, the Jefferson Parish (Louisiana) District Attorney's office announced Thursday.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
T.O getting snubbed is absurd.

Dawkins made the cut from 15 to 10, but was not voted into the hall.

Five inductees are: Terrell Davis, Kurt Warner, Jason Taylor, LaDainian Tomlinson, and Morten Andersen.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's a list of every player in NFL history with 25 interceptions, 25 sacks and 25 forced fumbles:

Brian Dawkins.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
T.O getting snubbed is absurd.

Dawkins made the cut from 15 to 10, but was not voted into the hall.

Five inductees are: Terrell Davis, Kurt Warner, Jason Taylor, LaDainian Tomlinson, and Morten Anderson.
All deserving, too.

David Carr said that he thinks if a player is worthy of HOF he should get inducted. There shouldn't be a cap on 5 players. Kinda agree.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All deserving, too.

David Carr said that he thinks if a player is worthy of HOF he should get inducted. There shouldn't be a cap on 5 players. Kinda agree.
I agree, the cap is dumb.

However, the voters know there is a cap and should be voting for the players who are the most deserving of the 15. Is that what they did this year? I dont think so.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just saw that Owens didn't even make the cut from 15 to 10...

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just saw that Owens didn't even make the cut from 15 to 10...
According to him , and all his ramblings the HOF Don't mean anything to him anymore.
That is why he is so sour about not getting in I guess.. lol.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
According to him , and all his ramblings the HOF Don't mean anything to him anymore.
That is why he is so sour about not getting in I guess.. lol.
He should be sour. TO may be a drama queen but his talent and numbers can't be denied.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm still trying to understand why guys who only had a few great seasons were inducted over guys who were the best at their positions for over a decade.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Matt Ryan should get the MVP He deserves....
Birds came to play
Patriots look helpless.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Love this. Keep it goin Atl.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alford has been a game changer. But I don't think a CB will get SB MVP in a QB league

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
They deflated the footballs at half time

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
I'm still trying to understand why guys who only had a few great seasons were inducted over guys who were the best at their positions for over a decade.
Would you still 100% take peyton over brady with the game on the line?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Y'all really trying to call Brady the GOAT after he dink and dunked to White all game?

We must not have seen the same game. White should've been named MVP.

2 rushing TD, 1 receiving TD, rushing 2 pt conversion. Consistently turning 2 yard passes into 1st downs.

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Y'all really trying to call Brady the GOAT after he dink and dunked to White all game?

2 rushing TD, 1 receiving TD, rushing 2 pt conversion. Consistently turning 2 yard passes into 1st downs.
You're stubborn as all hell, but at least you are consistent in your stubbornness. i will give you that.

All i know is ive never seen peyton manning, joe montana or anyone else in nfl histroy "dink and dunk" their way to a 25 point superbowl comeback

Manning falls down 21-0 in the superbowl to seattle after a pick-6 and finishes losing 43-8. Brady falls down 21-0 after a a pick-6 and comes back to win 34-28

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Do think white is the real MVP in that game but Brady played a BIG role in the greatest comeback in Superbowl history on top of everything else

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree. His ability to work in that offense was a huge part. His talent as a QB though? I think Garroppolo could've made all of the throws that Brady did in this game.

Hell, Alex Smith could've dink and dunked just as well lol.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're stubborn as all hell, but at least you are consistent in your stubbornness. i will give you that.

All i know is ive never seen peyton manning, joe montana or anyone else in nfl histroy "dink and dunk" their way to a 25 point superbowl comeback

Manning falls down 21-0 in the superbowl to seattle after a pick-6 and finishes losing 43-8. Brady falls down 21-0 after a a pick-6 and comes back to win 34-28
Are you really trying to compare Manning playing against the number 1 defense to Brady playing with the number 1 defense?

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Are you really trying to compare Manning playing against the number 1 defense to Brady playing with the number 1 defense?
Tom brady has like an 10-1 career record all time playing against the number 1 ranked defense or something crazy like that, so unlike Manning he doesnt need excuses when playing good defenses because he almost always rises to the occassion and wins regardless.

And it doesnt change the fact that peyton laid an absolute egg with the greatest statistical offense of all time in the superbowl and did nothing to overcome the early game adversity. No adjustments, no rallying the troops, nothing. Just melts in the spotlight.

Brady on the other hand? He tore up that same seattle defense the next year in the superbowl and led a game winning drive after playing a near perfect 4th quarter. No QB in nfl history has ever had the poise and determination to consistently overcome great odds like Brady does. That's the part you don't seem to get. You can't measure Brady's greatness on stats or physical talents.

A lot of QBs can make those throws from a physical standpoint, you are correct. But from a clutch, mental and emotional standpoint nobody does it like Brady. No one rises up in biggest moments like him, no one really comes close. Maaaaybe Montana, but that's it.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tom brady has like an 10-1 career record all time playing against the number 1 ranked defense or something crazy like that, so unlike Manning he doesnt need excuses when playing good defenses because he almost always rises to the occassion and wins regardless.

And it doesnt change the fact that peyton laid an absolute egg with the greatest statistical offense of all time in the superbowl and did nothing to overcome the early game adversity. No adjustments, no rallying the troops, nothing. Just melts in the spotlight.

Brady on the other hand? He tore up that same seattle defense the next year in the superbowl and led a game winning drive after playing a near perfect 4th quarter. No QB in nfl history has ever had the poise and determination to consistently overcome great odds like Brady does. That's the part you don't seem to get. You can't measure Brady's greatness on stats or physical talents.

A lot of QBs can make those throws from a physical standpoint, you are correct. But from a clutch, mental and emotional standpoint nobody does it like Brady. No one rises up in biggest moments like him, no one really comes close. Maaaaybe Montana, but that's it.
Can you support that statement? I'd like to see the source.

Also, I know I've mentioned it before, but Peyton Mannings highest ranked Defense in a SB win before 2014 was #23 in points allowed. Tom Brady's lowest ranked defense in a SB win before 2014 was #8 in points allowed.

You don't think having a defense that is ranked 3x higher makes a difference when talking about comeback wins?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My Stance:

No QB has come back from that much of a deficit in a SB (Superbowl Record)
Brady has been in 7 SB's and won 5 of them. (no other QB has done that)
Thrown for the most Yards ever in a superbowl (Superbowl Record)
There was some Stat about coming back from being down 25+ Points in the 4th Quarter and teams who had a 19 point or above lead were like 93-0. Tom Brady and the Pats were the first to do so ever.

Even down 25 he stands in the pocket after being sacked numerous times and after throwing a pick 6 with confidence.
Makes one of the best throws ever over the middle into 3 defenders and somehow was caught.
Julio Jones catch was just as impressive on the sideline.

While White played a great game, Brady's decision making, and calling plays from the line is also a huge factor in why they were successful. The O-Line gave him protection and enough time to make plays even with their backs against the wall.

If they had a tally count or a vote on how many points/votes Brady got over the next contender it probably would of been a landslide to favor the QB in the decision process. Thats how it usually tends to go. Same could be said with the Heisman unfortunately.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Chicago comes from a 3-1 deficit to beat Indians
Cleveland comes from 3-1 deficit to beat the Warriors
Patriots come from 3 touchdown deficit to beat Atlanta

3 epic collapses/come backs...illuminati?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My Stance:

No QB has come back from that much of a deficit in a SB (Superbowl Record)
Brady has been in 7 SB's and won 5 of them. (no other QB has done that)
Thrown for the most Yards ever in a superbowl (Superbowl Record)
There was some Stat about coming back from being down 25+ Points in the 4th Quarter and teams who had a 19 point or above lead were like 93-0. Tom Brady and the Pats were the first to do so ever.

Even down 25 he stands in the pocket after being sacked numerous times and after throwing a pick 6 with confidence.
Makes one of the best throws ever over the middle into 3 defenders and somehow was caught.
Julio Jones catch was just as impressive on the sideline.

While White played a great game, Brady's decision making, and calling plays from the line is also a huge factor in why they were successful. The O-Line gave him protection and enough time to make plays even with their backs against the wall.

If they had a tally count or a vote on how many points/votes Brady got over the next contender it probably would of been a landslide to favor the QB in the decision process. Thats how it usually tends to go. Same could be said with the Heisman unfortunately.
You're actually going to give Brady credit for a "best throw ever" on that Edelman catch?!

Also, I didn't say Brady wouldn't win MVP votes. I said White should have been named MVP. I understand MVP is a quarterback award.

As for his yardage total, I'm going to wait and see what the a/ypa was. The eye test says it won't be particularly impressive.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chicago comes from a 3-1 deficit to beat Indians
Cleveland comes from 3-1 deficit to beat the Warriors
Patriots come from 3 touchdown deficit to beat Atlanta

3 epic collapses/come backs...illuminati?
I don't know why they had Ryan drop back to pass when they were up 8 and in field goal range. They should've ran the ball, ate as much clock as they could, and kicked the field goal to ice the game. The falcons deserved to lose.

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Can you support that statement? I'd like to see the source.

Also, I know I've mentioned it before, but Peyton Mannings highest ranked Defense in a SB win before 2014 was #23 in points allowed. Tom Brady's lowest ranked defense in a SB win before 2014 was #8 in points allowed.

You don't think having a defense that is ranked 3x higher makes a difference when talking about comeback wins?

Well this pic is a little old but it helps. Lost that broncos game in the pic by 2 points and beat the texans this year in the playoffs when they had the top defense, so he's now 4-1 all time vs top defenses in the playoffs.

I'm looking for another source as we speak. I did find that overall he's 9-1 vs top ranked defense all time and not 10-1, but im looking for an actual media source so you can't make any excuses.

As for you're other point, this is just getting embarrassing. You are literally looking for every excuse to discredit Tom Brady, it's laughable haters are so salty this morning and i love it.

I'd have a lot more respect if you just admitted it was bitter hatred and jealousy that is fueling your opinions, instead of trying to cherry pick stats and disguise this as a logical fact-based argument that Brady isn't the best ever. Just own up to the truth

And listen, I don't care if you don't think Brady is the best ever and want to worship the ground he walks on, everyone is entitled to an opinion. What makes you lose all credibility in my mind is the lengths you are willing to go to belittle every single one of his accomplishments. Its obvious there is some underlying resentment here that you arent fully letting on to.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Dude give it up, your blatantly hating at this point.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't know why they had Ryan drop back to pass when they were up 8 and in field goal range. They should've ran the ball, ate as much clock as they could, and kicked the field goal to ice the game. The falcons deserved to lose.
Oh yea it was an epic collapse. Don't get me wrong patriots did exactly what they had to do and played one hell of a half on both sides of the ball, but man...3:56 to go, chip shot field goal range...let's run off 18 seconds, make them only use one time out, and risk getting out of field goal range.

Credit to the patriots, but also, when are coaches going to stop looking at there damn chart and do the smart thing in these situations. This happens all the time. You make stupid decisions against a team like the Pats you are signing your own death wish.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's my issue with any GOAT statement about Brady:

When the Pats win Brady is given sole credit for the victory. Nobody wants to talk about the #1 defense in points allowed that he's playing with. Brady played great in the 4th quarter, no doubt about it. He did not carry the team. James White consistently turned dump offs into first downs. Try denying it. Their defense shut down the #1 offense in the second half. Did Brady do that all by himself too?

When you try to say Brady is the GOAT, putting him above Montana, Marino, Manning, etc. and conveniently forget to mention the top 5 defenses is where I take issue.

Is Brady a great QB? Yes, I have never said otherwise. Easy top 5 all time IMO. Greatest ever? Not willing to go that far.

Hell, just look at this thread for confirmation. "Brady made one of the best throws of all time" when he throws a ball, slightly off target but not bad, and a receiver makes a ridiculous play to catch the ball off of a players foot. But Edelman doesn't get the acknowledgement for a ridiculous catch. Instead, the narrative is about how Brady threw the best pass ever.

When Brady dink and dunks with Sam Bradford-esque dumpoffs and his RB makes consistent YAC gains. Does the RB get the credit for that work? No. Tom Brady is the GOAT is what you all say.

When their defense plays incredibly well with key turnovers, sacks, etc. Did they make the comeback possible? Nope, all Brady.

Don't talk to me about objectivity when you make arguments like that.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To be fair, that catch was all Edelman and should have been picked.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, you're going to fault Brady for dinking and dunking but when he didn't dink and dunk his receivers wouldn't catch anything. Edelman was like 3-10 with multiple drops in first half.
"Did Brady drop the passes too?"

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, you're going to fault Brady for dinking and dunking but when he didn't dink and dunk his receivers wouldn't catch anything. Edelman was like 3-10 with multiple drops in first half.
"Did Brady drop the passes too?"
I didn't get to watch the first half because of work. I only was able to watch the second half. Outside of highlights from the first half.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is my last post on the topic and I will conclude my stance in it.

Peyton Manning was the better QB over the course of their careers to this point. My reasons for that are his statistical numbers being the greatest ever in many categories and greater than Brady's in many others, his unmatched ability to control the offense from the line of scrimmage, and the direct effect he had on his much less talented (as shown by their respective records without the two players in question) team's success.
See above.
Everybody is wrong and your right.
You're not very bright.

I never said it is not an arguable topic. I've said before that it is a debate. I've only said what my personal stance is, and my personal reasons. You just can't see any criticism without screaming "hater."