Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since carrol has left what good has USC been? They really have went downhill
Bama is a force.
That defense is just F'in Brutal.
This is all true.

If Bama plays 100% they will be the champs, IMO. But, they're kids. They make mistakes.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This is all true.

If Bama plays 100% they will be the champs, IMO. But, they're kids. They make mistakes.
Freshman QB's is the downfall with Saban at that school. He can't keep anyone they all just turn pro! If he had a seasoned QB at that school this year it would be deadly. If one of those QB's has a bad game and turnovers happen.. they could slip.

Michigan and OSU could be the game of the Year.. Srs..

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Freshman QB's is the downfall with Saban at that school. He can't keep anyone they all just turn pro! If he had a seasoned QB at that school this year it would be deadly. If one of those QB's has a bad game and turnovers happen.. they could slip.

Michigan and OSU could be the game of the Year.. Srs..
I'm biased, but I think FSU/Clemson may be the game of the year.

Likewise, the same with QBs. If Winston stayed another year at FSU they would've competed last year. That's why college is so fun.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm biased, but I think FSU/Clemson may be the game of the year.

Likewise, the same with QBs. If Winston stayed another year at FSU they would've competed last year. That's why college is so fun.
If FSU plays like they did in the first half vs ole miss Clemson will put up 50 on them.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If FSU plays like they did in the first half vs ole miss Clemson will put up 50 on them.
No disagreement here. Based on the other games played this weekend I'll take what we put out.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm way behind Hah

I think Tom Herman is a hell of a coach and I love his dedication to UH and the community. He's always involved with the student body.
Our schedule is nice except Louisville but were solid at home.

Hoping we can get in the big 12... Will be huge for our recruiting power

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm one guy who doesn't think OK was overrated, just inexperienced in the WR core and got punched in the mouth early by some badasses that they may have underestimated. I wouldn't count them out at all by the end of this year. And I think Houston is for real for real, like no "small" conference team we've yet seen. Houston could certainly run the table AND I think they could be the only undefeated team cone playoff time. I think this year will look a lot like 2011 where it's a curse to be #1.

This weekend was so different with how many good teams were forced to schedule tough games instead of their usual preseason cupcake fare. I think that makes it harder to get a bead on who wasn't ready and who just isn't good. Either way I'm excited to see what comes this year.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm one guy who doesn't think OK was overrated, just inexperienced in the WR core and got punched in the mouth early by some badasses that they may have underestimated. I wouldn't count them out at all by the end of this year. And I think Houston is for real for real, like no "small" conference team we've yet seen. Houston could certainly run the table AND I think they could be the only undefeated team cone playoff time. I think this year will look a lot like 2011 where it's a curse to be #1.

This weekend was so different with how many good teams were forced to schedule tough games instead of their usual preseason cupcake fare. I think that makes it harder to get a bead on who wasn't ready and who just isn't good. Either way I'm excited to see what comes this year.
Not trying to discredit houston i do think they are great, but to say that they arent like any small school you've ever seen is a big statement. 2010 tcu and bsu lots of people wanted tcu in the championship game and bsu defensively dominant them. Honestly i think houston looks very very similar to that bsu team. Also what about 2009 utah who DESTROYED Alabama or late 1980s BYU with steve young who won a national championship. I do think houston will be a force to be wreakened with, dont get me wrong.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not trying to discredit houston i do think they are great, but to say that they arent like any small school you've ever seen is a big statement. 2010 tcu and bsu lots of people wanted tcu in the championship game and bsu defensively dominant them. Honestly i think houston looks very very similar to that bsu team. Also what about 2009 utah who DESTROYED Alabama or late 1980s BYU with steve young who won a national championship. I do think houston will be a force to be wreakened with, dont get me wrong.
Houston matches up physically with these powerhouse teams better than any small conference school I've seen in my lifetime. They're a team that looks like they could do the big 12 schedule and acquit themselves. I don't think the same could be said for the Boise teams or Andy Dalton's Frogs or even Utah. We see this when they finally join up with the big conferences, there is some adjustment.

I'm sure the same would happen to Houston, but I've yet to see a big/little upset where if you didn't know the uniforms, you'd have trouble telling which team was the big and the little. Then again at week 1 this is all very premature of me, we'll see how it plays out. But I like these Coogs.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Houston matches up physically with these powerhouse teams better than any small conference school I've seen in my lifetime. They're a team that looks like they could do the big 12 schedule and acquit themselves. I don't think the same could be said for the Boise teams or Andy Dalton's Frogs or even Utah. We see this when they finally join up with the big conferences, there is some adjustment.

I'm sure the same would happen to Houston, but I've yet to see a big/little upset where if you didn't know the uniforms, you'd have trouble telling which team was the big and the little. Then again at week 1 this is all very premature of me, we'll see how it plays out. But I like these Coogs.
Ill agree but i honestly think that 2010 tcu and bsu could of have competed in any big conference. Tcu had to adjust because they lost everyone that year. Think watching houstin will be excited, i hope they make it tk they cfp, even though it ruins bsu season if houston goes undefeated. And im a die hard, blue bleeding, bronco. However im not riding the byu train like lots are trying to do.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
GOFF Wont be ready week 1
ZEKE not found guilty on charges
Brees and saints close to a deal

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For college football here is My opinion:

Texas at 11 after week 1 = not going to stay there for long.. Yes it was a good win over ND, but if ND showed up in the first half it would of not been a game. Same with keeping Kaizer at QB The entire game. Malik did not work out well.

Houston could be the biggest sleeper in that top 10.. a very under the radar team

Michigan and Harbaugh are a force, that is the best move michigan made in a long time. Do not be surprised if he wins a championship in 2-3 years.

Most overrated team
LSU --> Every year they have some good players, but not a great team..

Best Team:
Its only week 1, but until someone really slaps Bama in the face or their freshman QB's make big mistakes they will be hard to beat with that defense.

Heisman:
Fournette if he continues to rush for 100+ yards a game
Mccafferty could be the all around best player in the game.
Clemson and OSU QB's will put up huge numbers.
Cook from FSU if their O-Line can continue to block well for him.

That would be my top 5 picks for the heisman for preseason.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For college football here is My opinion:

Texas at 11 after week 1 = not going to stay there for long.. Yes it was a good win over ND, but if ND showed up in the first half it would of not been a game. Same with keeping Kaizer at QB The entire game. Malik did not work out well.

Houston could be the biggest sleeper in that top 10.. a very under the radar team

Michigan and Harbaugh are a force, that is the best move michigan made in a long time. Do not be surprised if he wins a championship in 2-3 years.

Most overrated team
LSU --> Every year they have some good players, but not a great team..

Best Team:
Its only week 1, but until someone really slaps Bama in the face or their freshman QB's make big mistakes they will be hard to beat with that defense.

Heisman:
Fournette if he continues to rush for 100+ yards a game
Mccafferty could be the all around best player in the game.
Clemson and OSU QB's will put up huge numbers.
Cook from FSU if their O-Line can continue to block well for him.

That would be my top 5 picks for the heisman for preseason.
Ill agree with almsot everything you said except about Michigan. I whole heartedly believe that they are winning the championship THIS year!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ill agree with almsot everything you said except about Michigan. I whole heartedly believe that they are winning the championship THIS year!
Nah. I think it'll be one of the current top 3.

And Fournette won't get a shot at the heisman because they like to give it to a playoff bound team. I think LSU won't go. It'll be McCaffry, Watson, or Cook depending on which team is rolling that time of year.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Bills sign TE Gerald Christian and DT Deandre Coleman to their practice squad, and release S Damian Parms from their practice squad.
Texans DE J.J. Watt was back at practice today, running and stretching with his teammates
Ravens LB Elvis Dumervil said he will not play Sunday against the Bills. He had a setback in his recovery from offseason procedure in foot area.
Bills OT Seantrel Henderson faces 4-game suspension
Saints agree to deal with former Pro-Bowl guard Jahri Evans

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
WTF, another possible Bills suspension. Either their GM/scouting is terrible or Rex has completely lost them all.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Saints QB Drew Brees has his new deal. Basically a 1-yr extension with $44.25 mil gtd over the next 2 yrs. Theres a 'no trade' clause. Its a 5yr deal thats voidable after 2. Brees' '16 cap number drops and the Saints get flexibility past '17.

Broncos and WR Emmanuel Sanders reach a 3yr $33mil deal with $27mil gtd.

Chargers rookie, Joey Bosa is not expected to play Sunday vs the Chiefs. No big surprise...bit its being said that Bosa is having 'hamstring tightness'.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Josh Sitton will make almost exactly the same with the Bears this season that he would've with the Packers. His three-year, $21 million deal (with $9.5 million guaranteed) will pay him $6.75 million this season ($4.75 million base salary guaranteed, $1.5 million signing bonus,

Tebow will play baseball for a minor league mets team (wow)

Source: Giants LB JT Thomas has taken a pay cut for 2016. Was due $2.975M, now has a base salary of $1.5M, $100K in RB, $550K in incentives.

That means Brees is contractually committed to the Saints for only the 2016 and 2017 seasons. His $20 million salary this season and $24.25 million for next season -- a total of $44.25 million -- is fully guaranteed, the sources said.

The Denver Broncos on Wednesday agreed to a three-year extension with wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders.

Terms were not disclosed, but a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that Sanders' contract is worth $33 million, with $27 million fully guaranteed.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Gronk not guaranteed to play week 1
Ex-Niners TE Bruce Miller to be arraigned Friday for alleged assault
Bosa has a minor hamstring injury

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Bills officially have been notified by NFL that OT Seantrel Henderson has been suspended for first four games of 2016 season.
Dak Prescott will be 4th rookie QB to start week one for Dallas. Other 3? Roger Staubach, troyAikman and Quincy Carter. 2/3 ain't bad
Martin's new base deal makes him the #3 paid punter in NFL at $3.4M/ yr with additional incentives.
After restructuring Eric Wood's contract, the Bills now have $12.935 million in 2016 cap room. Whatever they don't use to fill roster spots this season can be carried over into 2017.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bills fan. The Henderson susp is garbage, he has severe Krohns disease and dr prescribed med pot.

The wood restructuring has everything to do with resigning Gilmore

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bills fan. The Henderson susp is garbage, he has severe Krohns disease and dr prescribed med pot.

The wood restructuring has everything to do with resigning Gilmore
It doesn't matter. I'm for the legalization of cannabis, but if your employer has it listed as a banned substance, you cannot use it, regardless of any condition.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It doesn't matter. I'm for the legalization of cannabis, but if your employer has it listed as a banned substance, you cannot use it, regardless of any condition.
I disagree. If you have a prescription you should get to use it

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Agreed. Norco (oxycodone) is a banned substance in the NFL, but if you have an rx, and can show it, its allowed. What's the difference?

Once marijauna gets legalized for medicinal use federally that's how it'll be, but until then, things like this will continue to happen.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yea it's just messed up. Marcel got susp bc of synthetic marijuana which nfl is treating just the same. That's on him bc he knew rules. Seantrel was in so much pain dr prescribed it.

But u know what I think AntM1564 has a legit point now I think about it. I can't compete as natural bc of trt. In fact it's messed up all the ways u aren't considered natural in some organizations. Skin surgery for one, and my buddy got messed up in combat and had to have a plate put in under his pecs, and he can't compete natural in certain shows either.

But back to Seantrel, what kind of choice does that put him in. Not be able to play it live a normal life bc too much pain or take docs recommendation and not b able to have his career. Kinda deep discussion

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yea he's a great dt but not the brightest dude lol

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed. Norco (oxycodone) is a banned substance in the NFL, but if you have an rx, and can show it, its allowed. What's the difference?

Once marijauna gets legalized for medicinal use federally that's how it'll be, but until then, things like this will continue to happen.
Companies (not necessarily talking the NFL) should still have the right to ban it. You wouldn't want a large equipment operator to be under any medication( i.e. Cranes or anything that threatens lives of others.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Companies (not necessarily talking the NFL) should still have the right to ban it. You wouldn't want a large equipment operator to be under any medication( i.e. Cranes or anything that threatens lives of others.
Not while on duty, i 100% agree.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bit of a different situation, though. If you fall asleep on the football field, the worst that can happen is you get booed and your team loses. If you fall asleep operating a crane or heavy machinery, you can kill people.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wasn't there someone in this thread that said Denver wasn't going to be any good this year?

Wonder how they feel about that now....

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wasn't there someone in this thread that said Denver wasn't going to be any good this year?

Wonder how they feel about that now....
Their O actually looked surprisingly good, turnovers will be what makes or breaks them 100%.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree, but again, if the company says no to it and tests for it, the person is responsible while working for that employer.

I have empathy for the guy, but the NFL is still in the 60's when it comes to their view on cannabis.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gronk it out. Pretty bad loss. For a young/new QB, the safety blanket it the TE.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bit of a different situation, though. If you fall asleep on the football field, the worst that can happen is you get booed and your team loses. If you fall asleep operating a crane or heavy machinery, you can kill people.
The original comment wasn't specific to the NFL I don't believe. I still think they reserve the right to ban certain things.

I agree, but again, if the company says no to it and tests for it, the person is responsible while working for that employer.
If weed is allowed but not during work/play, you never know if they're using. They test positive regardless.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The original comment wasn't specific to the NFL I don't believe. I still think they reserve the right to ban certain things.

If weed is allowed but not during work/play, you never know if they're using. They test positive regardless.
With current testing, this is true. But i think there will eventually be something developed to tell if someone is actively intoxicated.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bennett is a solid TE. If he can catch on to that O, he should do well.
If he knows the system well enough, he may suffice. Don't forget too, the O line is pretty bad for them. Brady, as much as I hate him, can work with a bad O line. He can get the ball off quick. Combine a bad O line with a QB that cannot read defenses as well as Brady, that is a recipe for holding onto the ball too long. And that defense is quick. I'm curious to see the Pats gameplan.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shaun Hill starting over Bradford W1...

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Projecting the Jets' inactive players for tomorrow: QB Bryce Petty, QB Christian Hackenberg, T Brandon Shell, LB Jordan Jenkins, CB Darryl Roberts, TE Braedon Bowman and RB Troymaine Pope. I expect LB David Harris (shoulder) to play. Ditto, S Antonio Allen, who returned this week. The Jets could have seven rookies dressed for the game.

Markus Wheaton Steelers won't play vs. Redskins

Jaguars defensive end Jared Odrick has been cleared from the NFL's concussion protocol, and the team says he is expected to play Sunday against Green Bay.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
F you Nick Folk, AJ Green and the Jets defensive play calling. F you all. No chance for the playoffs now.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Scores so far... Will edit as the day goes on.

GB 27 - Jacksonville 23
Baltimore 13 - Buffalo 7
Houston 23 - Chicago 14
Philly 29 - Cleveland 10
TB 31 - ATL 24
Minn 25 - Ten 16
Cin 23 - NYJ 22
Oak 35 - New Orleans 34
KC 33 - SD 27 (came back from being down big)

SEA 12 - MIA 10 (Wilson TD with 12 seconds left)
NYG 20 - DAL 19
DET 37 - IND 35 (last second field goal)

NE 23 - ARI 21

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
The boys lost (thank god lol) but it was one hell of a game a absolute nail bitter rooks played pretty good some bad passes but all n all impressive not gunna lie (redskins fan)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The boys lost (thank god lol) but it was one hell of a game a absolute nail bitter rooks played pretty good some bad passes but all n all impressive not gunna lie (redskins fan)
Zeke had about 50 yards on 20 carries. While not great Dak played very good for a first start in the NFL. Hats off to him and how well he was composed even on that final drive.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Zeke had about 50 yards on 20 carries. While not great Dak played very good for a first start in the NFL. Hats off to him and how well he was composed even on that final drive.
That is true what impressed me is he's not scared of contact which you can't teach but the way almost looks for defender to run directly at he might not last doing that dak looked incredibly comfortable in the pocket

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well horrible first week for me. My bills look horrible and my money league, Wilson, Watkins and rg3 all got hurt. So looks like gabbert going forward lol