Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Field conditions force cancellation of Hall of Fame Game
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17241245/hall-fame-game-canceled-due-poor-field-conditions-tom-benson-stadium
CANTON, Ohio -- Sunday night's Hall of Fame Game between the Green Bay Packers and Indianapolis Colts has been canceled because of field conditions at Tom Benson Stadium, Hall of Fame president/executive director David Baker told ESPN's Lisa Salters.

Baker called the decision to cancel the game "difficult," but added that it was an "easy, ethical decision." He said the call was made after consulting with coaches Mike McCarthy and Chuck Pagano, as well as NFL COO Tod Leiweke.

According to Baker, teams will remain at the stadium, and the plan is now to host a "fan fest" of sorts. He also said fans will be refunded their money.

WTF MAN!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Field conditions force cancellation of Hall of Fame Game
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17241245/hall-fame-game-canceled-due-poor-field-conditions-tom-benson-stadium
CANTON, Ohio -- Sunday night's Hall of Fame Game between the Green Bay Packers and Indianapolis Colts has been canceled because of field conditions at Tom Benson Stadium, Hall of Fame president/executive director David Baker told ESPN's Lisa Salters.

Baker called the decision to cancel the game "difficult," but added that it was an "easy, ethical decision." He said the call was made after consulting with coaches Mike McCarthy and Chuck Pagano, as well as NFL COO Tod Leiweke.

According to Baker, teams will remain at the stadium, and the plan is now to host a "fan fest" of sorts. He also said fans will be refunded their money.

WTF MAN!
Why is the world against us?!?!? Guess we have to wait until Thursday for a slate of games.

I do not like the look of this new Monday Night Countdown cast. I also want Tirico back in the booth. Bring back Key, Cris, Ditka and TJ.

ESPN has just been losing way too much talent over the past year whether it is due to retirements or people leaving for other positions.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Why is the world against us?!?!? Guess we have to wait until Thursday for a slate of games.

I do not like the look of this new Monday Night Countdown cast. I also want Tirico back in the booth. Bring back Key, Cris, Ditka and TJ.

ESPN has just been losing way too much talent over the past year whether it is due to retirements or people leaving for other positions.
This makes me think there is more to it then we see.

scw538

scw538

Awards
Wrong paint not buying that BS. Like the field guy really grabbed some oil base. They only use quick dry water base on fields. They don't just happen to have all the colors of the HOF in oil base paint. Yes I am also worried about this crew on ESPN.

scw538

scw538

Awards
They need to go ahead and run sportcenter this brutal.

scw538

scw538

Awards
Weirdest sport day ever. AROD, HOF game cancelled, Furuk shoots a 58. I am turning the news on I need a dose of Trump.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Source: Bills rookie LB Reggie Ragland has partial tear of ACL
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17242208/reggie-ragland-buffalo-bills-rookie-linebacker-partial-tear-acl

An initial MRI shows that Buffalo Bills rookie linebacker Reggie Ragland appears to have suffered a partial ACL tear in his left knee, but the team is confident it is not fully torn, a team source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The team is scheduled to get a second opinion of Ragland's MRI on Monday, and that will determine how much time the rookie second-round pick will be expected to miss, the source said.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This makes me think there is more to it then we see.
Who knows. It could be other networks are throwing more money at these people, some of them (like Colin Cowherd) cannot express what they really want to since ESPN is a Disney company or it just may be the simple fact that specific sports have their own networks and there are more sports networks overall.

Wrong paint not buying that BS. Like the field guy really grabbed some oil base. They only use quick dry water base on fields. They don't just happen to have all the colors of the HOF in oil base paint. Yes I am also worried about this crew on ESPN.
I don't know if I buy this, but apparently there was a concert there. They could have used that paint by mistake.

Source: Bills rookie LB Reggie Ragland has partial tear of ACL
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17242208/reggie-ragland-buffalo-bills-rookie-linebacker-partial-tear-acl

An initial MRI shows that Buffalo Bills rookie linebacker Reggie Ragland appears to have suffered a partial ACL tear in his left knee, but the team is confident it is not fully torn, a team source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The team is scheduled to get a second opinion of Ragland's MRI on Monday, and that will determine how much time the rookie second-round pick will be expected to miss, the source said.
He was a beast in Alabama. Even though I'm a Jets fan, I feel sorry when this happens to rookies. Like Fowler last year. It seems like these major injuries are happening more and more to rookies. I wonder if it is the stress on their body from the combine and then going hard in camp.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Brock Osweiler responds to John Elway comments on QB's benching
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17249752/brock-osweiler-houston-texans-responds-john-elway-remarks-denver-broncos-quarterback-situation

HOUSTON -- Texans quarterback Brock Osweiler responded Monday to Broncos general manager John Elway's comments that he was surprised that the quarterback seemed "bent out of shape" to be replaced by Peyton Manning in last season's regular-season finale against the Chargers.

Although Osweiler answered when asked about Elway's comments, he made it clear he was more interested in talking about his current team.

"The only thing I would say is what kind of competitor wouldn't want to play in that situation?" Osweiler said. "Outside of that, I think I've answered all of those questions, we're now in August, we just had a great training camp practice and I'm excited to play the 49ers coming up."

Interesting...

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Eagles OL Lane Johnson reportedly facing 10-game suspension
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17256028/lane-johnson-philadelphia-eagles-face-10-game-suspension

HILADELPHIA -- Eagles offensive lineman Lane Johnson, who signed a five-year, $52.25 million contract extension in February, is reportedly facing a 10-game suspension for violating the NFL performance-enhancing drug policy.

Fox Sports reported that Johnson said he took an approved amino acid but tested positive for a banned peptide. He is appealing the suspension, which was first reported via Twitter by Wildfire Radio and confirmed by NFL Network.

"We are aware that a member of the media has started a rumor that Lane Johnson will be suspended for a PED violation," said Johnson's agent, Ken Sarnoff, in a statement released to ESPN on Tuesday. "Lane has not been suspended and any report to the contrary is false. None the less we will not comment on my client's protected health information."

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Rob Ninkovich out indefinitely for Patriots, source says

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots starting defensive end Rob Ninkovich tore his triceps in Tuesday's practice with the New Orleans Saints, according to a source.

It is unknown how long Ninkovich will be sidelined. The source said that the tendon of the triceps was not torn, which creates a scenario in which Ninkovich could rehabilitate and return in 2016.

Ninkovich, 32, left Tuesday's full-pads practice with the Saints under his own power while shaking his head in frustration as he walked to the locker room. He has played in 125 straight games, including the playoffs, since joining the team in 2009.

DocOptimzed

DocOptimzed

Awards
I was disappointed cause im a big packers fan but i understand

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Dolphins reportedly agree to deal with Chris Culliver

The Miami Dolphins have agreed to a one-year contract with cornerback Chris Culliver, according to multiple reports.

Miami is in the market for a replacement for departed cornerback Brent Grimes.

Tony Lippett, a fifth-round pick in 2015 and converted receiver, has been working with the first team. Xavien Howard, a second-round choice in 2016, has yet to practice in training camp after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery.

Culliver, who turns 28 on Aug. 17, was released by the Redskins on May 2 after completing just one season of a four-year contract he signed with the team in 2015.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Bills LB Reggie Ragland to have surgery for torn ACL

PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills rookie linebacker Reggie Ragland will have surgery to repair a torn ACL and is expected to miss the entire 2016 season, the team announced Wednesday.

The Bills will now be without their first-round pick, Shaq Lawson, and their second-round pick, Ragland, as they begin the regular season next month. Lawson, who underwent shoulder surgery in May, is not expected to return until October or later.

Ragland suffered the injury in practice last Friday while pursuing running back Reggie Bush on a play during 11-on-11 drills. Coach Rex Ryan initially said the Bills believed Ragland avoided ligament damage, but he later backed off that statement as the team waited for swelling to go down in Ragland's knee.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Jeff Fisher, Rams cut Deon Long for having woman in dorm

A fairly minor Los Angeles Rams transaction became more interesting on Tuesday when it was revealed that coach Jeff Fisher cut Deon Long after the wide receiver brought a woman into his training camp dorm.

Long was released earlier this summer and has since landed with the Philadelphia Eagles. In Tuesday's episode of HBO's "Hard Knocks," Fisher tells Long that he is being cut for violating team rules.

What part of the rules, what part of 'no female guests in the room,' did you not understand?" Fisher asked Long in their meeting, which was shown on the television show.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bills LB Reggie Ragland to have surgery for torn ACL

PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills rookie linebacker Reggie Ragland will have surgery to repair a torn ACL and is expected to miss the entire 2016 season, the team announced Wednesday.

The Bills will now be without their first-round pick, Shaq Lawson, and their second-round pick, Ragland, as they begin the regular season next month. Lawson, who underwent shoulder surgery in May, is not expected to return until October or later.

Ragland suffered the injury in practice last Friday while pursuing running back Reggie Bush on a play during 11-on-11 drills. Coach Rex Ryan initially said the Bills believed Ragland avoided ligament damage, but he later backed off that statement as the team waited for swelling to go down in Ragland's knee.
And their first round pick is out until October, at least.

scw538

scw538

Awards
Jeff Fisher is so overrated. Dude was good only when he had all those alpha dogs. McNair and George and mason was really good.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Andre Rison calls legal troubles 'big nasty hurdle'

FLINT, Mich. -- Ex-NFL player Andre Rison, who is accused of violating his probation in a child support case, says he will turn himself in after a judge in Michigan signed an arrest warrant for him.

Rison told the Detroit Free Press that he is a good father and his legal troubles are a "big nasty hurdle."

The warrant signed Tuesday by a federal judge says Rison recently tested positive for marijuana and failed to keep up with minimum support payments. Rison said he has used marijuana candy to deal with post-NFL injuries.

In 2013, the Flint native was ordered to pay at least $1,000 a month.

Rison was a star Michigan State receiver and played for seven NFL teams from 1989 to 2000. He has lately been a high school coach in Flint and Ann Arbor.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Last night on Bill Simmions' new show, Ricky Williams stated he would be a Hall of Famer if cannabis was allowed in the league. I don't doubt that. His numbers are solid considering all the suspensions.

In other news, less than 90 minutes til Jets kickoff!

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Last night on Bill Simmions' new show, Ricky Williams stated he would be a Hall of Famer if cannabis was allowed in the league. I don't doubt that. His numbers are solid considering all the suspensions.

In other news, less than 90 minutes til Jets kickoff!
Ya i could agree with that.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Coming home from work to see Football on the TV..

Thank God.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lawsuit seeks $5M from NFL over Hall of Fame game cancellation

A class-action lawsuit was filed Thursday against the NFL and Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, for the cancellation of the Hall of Fame game this past Sunday because of poor field conditions.

The lawsuit, which was filed at the United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio Eastern Division, seeks more than $5 million in damages from the NFL and the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Plaintiffs Alan Biland (from Wisconsin), Matthew Crabb (Indiana), Tiffany Ratcliff (Virginia), and Carmelo Treviso (Wisconsin) filed the suit to recover "damages owed to themselves and others similarly situated." They are represented by attorney Michael Avenatti, who represented ticket holders for the 2011 Super Bowl who wound up without seats in Dallas and ultimately were placed in temporary seating that had obstructed views.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Johnny Manziel doesn't have future with Cowboys, per team VP

Dallas Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones said it as emphatically as he could Friday morning: Johnny Manziel is not going to play for the Cowboys.

"There's no chance," Jones said on CBS Sports Radio's "Tiki and Tierney," when asked if the Cowboys would consider signing Manziel. "Obviously Johnny needs to get his hands around his life. He needs to do the things that make him a good person off the field, I think, before he can ever be successful in our league."

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Tyrod Taylor agrees to new deal

The Buffalo Bills have placed their faith in quarterback Tyrod Taylor by signing him to a contract extension.

Sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter the deal is for six years and $90 million. Taylor could earn millions more through difficult-to-reach incentives, sources said, but the Bills have a $10 million buyout option after the first year and another out after the second.

The team announced the deal Friday, reached a day before the Bills open their preseason by hosting the Indianapolis Colts.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Giants: Injuries to Eli Apple, Sterling Shepard don't appear to be serious

AST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Everything was going fine for the New York Giants in their preseason opener, until their top two draft picks left with injuries.

First-round selection Eli Apple had the outside of his left knee checked in the second quarter. He was later diagnosed with a lower leg injury.

Second-round pick Sterling Shepard left with a groin injury, also in the second quarter. After the Giants' 27-10 loss to the Miami Dolphins, he said it was just soreness from practice "but it's all good now."

Both returned to the sideline later in the game, and neither seemed to be overly concerned. It turned into nothing more than two big scares.

"It doesn't appear to be anything serious at this point," coach Ben McAdoo said of the injuries.

The Giants have high hopes for Apple and Shepard this season. Both were playing with the first team Friday night.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Broncos WR Bennie Fowler to miss 'a few weeks' with right elbow fracture

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos wide receiver Bennie Fowler, who has practiced as the team's No. 3 receiver since training camp opened, will miss "a few weeks'' with a fracture in his right elbow.

Fowler, who had three receptions and blocked a punt in the Broncos' 22-0 victory over the Chicago Bears on Thursday night, suffered the injury in punt coverage.

Broncos coach Gary Kubiak on Saturday called it "a small fracture'' and said Fowler would miss "a few weeks.''

"We have to stabilize it here for a few days and should be able to get into running and conditioning,'' Kubiak said. "But he's going to miss a little time."

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Packers WR Jeff Janis has fracture in right hand

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Green Bay Packers receiver Jeff Janis could miss significant time the rest of this preseason because of the hand injury he suffered in practice on Wednesday.

According to a source, Janis sustained a fracture to at least one of the bones in his right hand.

Janis did not play in Friday's preseason game against the Cleveland Browns and was not seen on the sidelines during the game or in the locker room afterward.

Following Wednesday's practice, Janis came into the locker room with a large ice pack wrapped around his right hand. He said his hand "got a little jammed up" during one of the ball-security drills.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Prescott looking VERY impressive for Dallas. Granted this is preseason. Very good technique on looking off the secondary, and throwing very crisp passes.

DocOptimzed

DocOptimzed

Awards
I love preseason you get to see players you won't really see in the regular season

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm stealing this from NFL Live; Overreaction Monday.

The Cowboys do not need to sign a veteran backup due to Prescott's performance on Saturday.

Overreaction or Not an Overreaction.

Overreaction.

I must say Mannion looked great for the Rams. He came out the same year as Geno Smith. I wanted Mannion so bad. If he ever gets a shot, he will be the next great QB.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm stealing this from NFL Live; Overreaction Monday.

The Cowboys do not need to sign a veteran backup due to Prescott's performance on Saturday.

Overreaction or Not an Overreaction.

Overreaction.

I must say Mannion looked great for the Rams. He came out the same year as Geno Smith. I wanted Mannion so bad. If he ever gets a shot, he will be the next great QB.
Cowboys were 1-11 without Romo last year.
If you want to put a rookie in there, who you are judging off 1 preseason game. The cowboys are in for another 8-8 and missing the playoff season.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He'd be in the hall of fame if he put work over a recreational addiction. He chose what meant most to him.

I love preseason you get to see players you won't really see in the regular season
It's like watching the players on a div 2 college football team usually.

scw538

scw538

Awards
Dak to Dez does sound good. Kid is a winner. Put Starkville on the map.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Rob Gronkowski leaves practice after pulling up in a drill

New England Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski took himself out of Monday's joint practice with the Chicago Bears in the midst of a drill.

The incident occurred as Gronkowski pulled up while going for a Tom Brady pass in 7-on-7 drills along the sideline.

He walked up and down the sideline after the play, and soon after was met by head athletic trainer Jim Whalen.

Gronkowski then went to the lower practice field where those rehabilitating injuries work. He spent about 10 minutes there, and then retreated to the locker room.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So many injuries to rookies today. The Saints' first round pick broke his leg and will probably miss the season and the Bengals' 4th rounder tore his meniscus. I feel bad for those young guys.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Al Jazeera-implicated players must speak or face suspension

The NFL has threatened discipline, including suspension, for players refusing to cooperate with the league's investigation into steroid claims made by an Al Jazeera America report.

Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison, Green Bay Packerslinebackers Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers and former Packers linebacker Mike Neal have until Aug. 25 to comply with the league's requests for interviews, according to an NFL letter sent to the NFLPA and obtained by ESPN.

Vice president of labor policy and league affairs Adolpho Birch wrote the league has a "good faith basis" for investigating potential violations of the NFL's drug policy, yet the league has made at least seven unsuccessful attempts to interview these players.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Bills DT Marcell Dareus suspended 4 games for positive test

PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills star defensive tackle Marcell Dareus has been suspended four games for another violation of the NFL's substance-abuse policy, the team announced Tuesday.

The violation stems from another positive test for marijuana, sources confirmed to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. The positive marijuana test was first reported by NFL Network.

"We are very disappointed Marcell chose to put himself first, before his teammates, coaches, the rest of the organization, and fans through his recent actions," the Bills said in a statement. "From ownership down we have made it clear his behavior is unacceptable. We will continue to take the necessary steps to work with him in order that he adheres to the policies set forth by our league."

Dareus will forfeit $1.505 million in total compensation, which includes his signing bonus and option bonus. He took to Instagram to discuss his most recent suspension.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bills DT Marcell Dareus suspended 4 games for positive test

PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills star defensive tackle Marcell Dareus has been suspended four games for another violation of the NFL's substance-abuse policy, the team announced Tuesday.

The violation stems from another positive test for marijuana, sources confirmed to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. The positive marijuana test was first reported by NFL Network.

"We are very disappointed Marcell chose to put himself first, before his teammates, coaches, the rest of the organization, and fans through his recent actions," the Bills said in a statement. "From ownership down we have made it clear his behavior is unacceptable. We will continue to take the necessary steps to work with him in order that he adheres to the policies set forth by our league."

Dareus will forfeit $1.505 million in total compensation, which includes his signing bonus and option bonus. He took to Instagram to discuss his most recent suspension.
Take it from a Jets fan, Rex is going to Rex and let the prisoners run the asylum.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Saw something saying the Rams announced that Keenum will be the starter come week 1.

Anybody able to confirm that?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saw something saying the Rams announced that Keenum will be the starter come week 1.

Anybody able to confirm that?
That has been the plan for a while now. Plus, Goff hurt his non-throwing shoulder on Saturday. He is going to miss about a week of practice, which sets him back anyways.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Cardinals coach Bruce Arians taken to hospital prior to practice

SAN DIEGO -- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians was taken to a San Diego-area hospital by ambulance before Tuesday night's practice against the Chargers at Qualcomm Stadium.

According to a Cardinals spokesman through a tweet, Arians alerted the team's medical staff that he wasn't feeling well and was "experiencing stomach pain." After being evaluated by medical staff at the stadium, Arians was transported to the hospital before the start of the 9 p.m. ET practice.

After undergoing testing, Arians will remain hospitalized overnight, and his condition will be updated Wednesday.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
49ers sign Christian Ponder, place Thad Lewis on injured reserve

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- After a pair of injuries left them thin at quarterback, the San Francisco 49ers moved to add some depth Tuesday, signing veteran Christian Ponder.

The team announced that it signed Ponder to a one-year deal. Ponder replaces Thad Lewis, the quarterback who suffered a torn left ACL in Sunday's preseason opener, on the roster. The 49ers officially added Lewis to the injured reserve list, ending his season.

After the news of Lewis' injury broke Monday, Niners coach Chip Kelly and quarterbacks coach Ryan Day said the team would explore options to bring in another arm.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Giants' Josh Brown suspended 1 game for violating personal conduct policy

The NFL has suspended New York Giants kicker Josh Brown for one game without pay for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

The move, announced by the league on Wednesday, means Brown will miss the Giants' season opener against the Dallas Cowboys on Sept. 11.

Brown can still participate in preseason games and practices. The league did not announce what Brown had done in violation of the policy.

"While I do not agree with the suspension, I will accept it," Brown said in a statement released by the Giants. "I have exhausted the appeals process and have no other options along those lines.

"I will continue to work hard for this team, and I have tremendous confidence in my teammates and in my ability to move on and contribute to the team."

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Cardinals coach Bruce Arians taken to hospital prior to practice

SAN DIEGO -- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians was taken to a San Diego-area hospital by ambulance before Tuesday night's practice against the Chargers at Qualcomm Stadium.

According to a Cardinals spokesman through a tweet, Arians alerted the team's medical staff that he wasn't feeling well and was "experiencing stomach pain." After being evaluated by medical staff at the stadium, Arians was transported to the hospital before the start of the 9 p.m. ET practice.

After undergoing testing, Arians will remain hospitalized overnight, and his condition will be updated Wednesday.
i really like BA and hope is ok.

not sure if any of you have a prime membership with Amazon, but NFL films and amazon did a series and followed the cardinals all last year. its like hardknocks but a hell of a lot better. they dont focus so much on rookies and give you real insight to the players. not rated so nothing is censored so if anyone knows anything about Bruce, lol, theres plenty of F bombs.

one of the best series on a football team i have watched and im a die hard giants fan

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Browns CB K'Waun Williams suspended, fined for rules violation

CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Browns have suspended cornerback K'Waun Williams for two weeks and fined him for multiple violations of team rules.

Williams' agent, Evan Krakower, told Cleveland.com that Williams plans to appeal the suspension, describing the discipline as "excessive'' and "unwarranted.''

The team announced the suspension on Wednesday. Williams sat out Cleveland's first exhibition game Friday night against the Green Bay Packers after suffering an ankle injury in a scrimmage the week prior at Ohio Stadium in Columbus.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ex-NFL star Darren Sharper gets 18 years for drugging, raping women

NEW ORLEANS -- Former NFL star Darren Sharper has been sentenced to 18 years in prison in a case where he was accused of drugging and raping as many as 16 women in four states.

Judge Jane Triche Milazzo sentenced Sharper on Thursday. He had pleaded guilty or no-contest to charges arising from the allegations of drugging and raping women in federal court in New Orleans, and state courts in Louisiana, Arizona, California and Nevada.

Prosecutors suggested a nine-year prison term for Sharper under a multijurisdictional plea deal, but Milazzo rejected it as too lenient in June. The sentence was 15 months short of the maximum. He was also fined $20,000.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael McMahon said he's satisfied with the sentence.

Sharper's family left the courtroom without speaking to reporters. Defense attorney Billy Gibbens said later that the federal sentence won't affect plea agreements in the four state courts.