The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The Jets and QB Ryan Fitzpatrick have reached a 1yr, 12mil deal with 3mil in incentives...finally.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hall of Famer Warren Sapp got a gash on his left forearm after encountering a shark while on a lobstering trip off the Florida Keys

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The Lions signing of Anquan Boldin is official as the team cut Damian Copeland to make room for him. Detroit also signed LB Dominique Tovell and cut Jerry Franklin, who was signed earlier this offseason.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Suspended WR Martavis Bryant to help coach high school team
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17166580/martavis-bryant-pittsburgh-steelers-volunteer-high-school-football-team-nevada-suspension
LATROBE, Pa. -- As the Pittsburgh Steelers begin training camp this week, suspended receiver Martavis Bryant is a few thousand miles away.

Bryant, the talented but troubled playmaker who has 17 touchdowns in two seasons, will spend the year in Henderson, Nevada, training and volunteering with a high school football team, according to his agent, Thomas Santanello.

Bryant, 24, is suspended for the 2016 season for multiple offenses of the NFL's drug policy.

Le'Veon Bell apologizes 'for being distraction' as suspension looms
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17167286/leveon-bell-pittsburgh-steelers-apologizes-fans-distraction-caused-four-game-suspension

LATROBE, Pa. -- Running back Le'Veon Bell apologized to the Pittsburgh Steelers for the distraction of his looming four-game suspension but was generally vague about the issue when addressing the media Thursday at training camp.

The Steelers expect to hear back on Bell's appeal in mid-August, coach Mike Tomlin said. ESPN's Dan Graziano reported last Friday that Bell's suspension is the result of missed drug tests, not failed tests.

"I want to apologize to Steeler Nation, all the fans and players and coaches for being a distraction to this whole situation," Bell said in a brief opening statement. "I don't, obviously, want to be a distraction, but this whole situation, the appeal, is going to run its course."

Jags' Robinson denies being under the influence at time of car accident
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17165525/jacksonville-jaguars-rb-denard-robinson-addresses-early-july-car-accident

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Jaguars running back Denard Robinson said his car ended up in a retention pond after a single-car accident earlier this month because he fell asleep while at a stoplight.

Robinson emphasized that he was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the early-morning accident on July 3.

"If that was the case, I would have had a DUI," Robinson said in his first public comments since the accident.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Cowboys LB Rolando McClain doesn't travel with team to camp
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17168402/rolando-mcclain-dallas-cowboys-not-charter-plane-training-camp

OXNARD, Calif. -- Dallas Cowboys linebacker Rolando McClain was not on the team's charter flight to California on Thursday, and he has until 2 p.m. PT Friday to report to training camp or be subject to a fine, if not worse.

The Cowboys have not released McClain, who is set to be suspended the first 10 games of the season for a violation of the league's substance-abuse policy.

Coach Jason Garrett did not want to comment on McClain's absence.

"We'll talk about that stuff later," he said after signing autographs for military personnel at Naval Air Station Point Mugu after the team's arrival.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Dion Jordan given conditional reinstatement
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17170780/dion-jordan-miami-dolphins-reinstated-nfl-2015-suspension

Miami Dolphins defensive end Dion Jordan has been reinstated on a conditional basis by the NFL following a yearlong suspension for his latest violation of the substance-abuse policy.

The NFL said in a release that Jordan can join Dolphins training camp for meetings and conditioning work. He can practice and participate in preseason games once "arrangements have been confirmed regarding Jordan's clinical resources in Miami," the league said.

Jordan can become eligible for Week 1 of the regular season after a follow-up meeting with the NFL.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Joey Bosa won't report to camp
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17170932/unsigned-rookie-joey-bosa-report-san-diego-chargers-training-camp
SAN DIEGO -- The impasse between rookie Joey Bosa and the San Diego Chargers will drag into training camp.

According to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, Bosa will not report to training camp on Friday as he remains unsigned due to his contract dispute with the team. Bosa is one of two first-round selections from this year's draft that remains unsigned. The other is Joshua Garnett, the No. 28 overall selection by the San Francisco 49ers. Both players are represented by CAA.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Titans sign WR Andre Johnson a 2yr deal.

Lions and CB Darius Slay agree to a 4yr $50.2mil deal with $20mil gtd

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 138436

Kid sounds like a real ass hole
That story is a little older, but still blows my mind. Kids now, especially those with some type of talent, are extremely narcissistic. It is a societal problem. Look at how these kids are committing to schools now. They are doing full blown videos or renting expensive cars.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Cowboys LB Damien Wilson injures eye while playing paintball
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17174856/damien-wilson-dallas-cowboys-injures-eye-playing-paintball

OXNARD, Calif. -- There were injuries the Dallas Cowboys knew they were going to have to deal with when they arrived in California for training camp, like Darren McFadden's broken elbow, Lance Dunbar's knee rehab and Benson Mayowa's knee rehab.

They weren't expecting to be dealing with a paintball injury.

According to owner and general manager Jerry Jones, second-year linebacker Damien Wilson suffered an eye injury while playing paintball.

Jones let the news slip when discussing the changes in the NFL and the risks it has involved over the last 25 years.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Reports: Raiders LB Aldon Smith enters treatment center
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17173368/aldon-smith-oakland-raiders-enters-treatment-center

Suspended Oakland Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith has entered a treatment center, according to multiple reports.

It isn't clear what Smith is seeking treatment for, but the news comes days after a Periscope video surfaced that shows an unidentified man and woman talking about a hand-rolled cigarette.

At one point in the video, the woman tells the man that he "shouldn't even be posting that" and that he is "hella stupid" as the man holds the lit cigarette.

The video cuts off immediately after the man says, "They don't know it's me. It's not like I put 'Aldon Smith.'"

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
49ers announced signing of 1st round pick G Joshua Garnett.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
DeAndre Hopkins seeks new deal, holds out from camp
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17179033/deandre-hopkins-seeks-new-deal-holds-houston-texans-camp

Houston Texans wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins is holding out of training camp as he seeks a new contract, sources told ESPN.

Hopkins, who is entering the fourth and final year of his rookie contract, did not report for the start of the Texans' camp, according to sources. He will be subject to fines of $40,000 for each day of camp he misses.

Hopkins was spotted at the team facility Friday night, according to sources, but cleaned some belongings from his locker and left without reporting.

Because the Texans picked up the fifth-year option on Hopkins' contract in May, he technically has two seasons left on his deal. He also has a $445,000 roster bonus due Wednesday, the fifth day of camp, that he will miss out on if he hasn't returned by then.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Eric Fisher agrees to 4-year, $48M extension with Chiefs
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17179995/eric-fisher-agrees-4-year-48-million-extension-kansas-city-chiefs

The team did not disclose terms, but sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter it is a four-year, $48 million extension that includes $40 million in guaranteed money. Including the extension, Fisher now has $63 million left on his six-year deal.

Fisher, 25, who has started 30 games the past two seasons, is now set to remain entrenched as the Chiefs' starting left tackle, as he is tied to Kansas City through 2021.

"In three seasons he's grown significantly as a football player in our system," Chiefs general manager John Dorsey said in a statement. "He's a tough, physical presence and a leader on our offensive line. We look forward to keeping him as a part of our organization and community."

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings, Police Chief David Brown and four of the five families representing the Dallas and Dallas Area Rapid Transit officers slain by a sniper earlier this month participated in a brief ceremony before the Cowboys' practice Saturday afternoon. After the ceremony, Chief Brown and Mayor Rawlings each addressed the team. "I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan. I'm a three-generation Dallasite, so it means a lot," Brown said. "It's overwhelming for me and the families, who are all Cowboys fans. This is special and we'll never forget the Cowboys' organization stepping up in our time of grief."

Here's the decal the Cowboys will wear this season honoring the officers who were slain by a Dallas sniper earlier this month. The decal is symbolic of the Cowboys message of unity in the community, among fellow citizens, among Americans and he police officers who protect them.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Interesting Tweet about Bosa and Chargers.. Makes you wonder why they drafted him:

Kevin Acee:
Joey Bosa and the #Chargers are far apart, and there is a lot of history to suggest they'll remain so for a while:

scw538

scw538

Awards
Interesting Tweet about Bosa and Chargers.. Makes you wonder why they drafted him:

Kevin Acee:
Joey Bosa and the #Chargers are far apart, and there is a lot of history to suggest they'll remain so for a while:
It is about offset language. If I comprehend it correctly his "guaranteed money" is not guaranteed if they cut him and he signs with another team. So basically it is not "guaranteed money" unless he plays with chargers.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It is about offset language. If I comprehend it correctly his "guaranteed money" is not guaranteed if they cut him and he signs with another team. So basically it is not "guaranteed money" unless he plays with chargers.
He is very upset with his guaranteed money. lets hope they resolve something soon. that is a big talent to be on the sidelines and not signed.

scw538

scw538

Awards
I agree don't get me wrong I really wanted ZEEK. But with the circus on DL in Dallas If we would have taken Bosa I couldn't complain.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I agree don't get me wrong I really wanted ZEEK. But with the circus on DL in Dallas If we would have taken Bosa I couldn't complain.
Dallas always has headaches... Every single year.
Signing hardy last year horrible mistake.
They are famous for choking come close to playoffs, and going 8-8 year in and year out besides a 12-4 stint a few years ago.
Until they start building their defense they will not go deep into the playoffs and be an elite team. They can score at will, but they can't stop teams to save their lives.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
DeAndre Hopkins disappointed with Texans' contract stance but will end holdout
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17186606/deandre-hopkins-end-brief-holdout-houston-texans-camp

Wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins said in a statement to ESPN he is returning to join the Houston Texans, despite his disappointment in the team's unwillingness to negotiate a contract extension for him.

"I too am disappointed that the Texans organization has elected not to enter into contract negotiation to secure my future as a Texan," the statement read. "I have expressed my sincere position regarding my contract status and with sound mind have expressed my stands (sic) to the Texans organization.

"My focus also is on the 2016 season and to help my team reach our ultimate goal.

"Having said that I am returning to the Houston Texans to play for a Super Bowl in Houston, Texas. I will be holding a 3 p.m. press conference at Reliant stadium today. We are excited about returning to the team and grind this camp."

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Odell Beckham Jr. leaves practice with left leg injury
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17185916/odell-beckham-jr-leaves-new-york-giants-practice-injury

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Giants star receiver Odell Beckham Jr. was forced to leave practice Sunday with a left leg injury.

The injury occurred when he got his leg tangled with cornerback Janoris Jenkins on a deep pass down the left sideline.

Beckham attempted to return to practice before limping off the field.

"He got cleated and has a cut or two. They're taking a look now," coach Ben McAdoo said after practice. "So he's probably going to be sore here for a couple days."

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Chargers WR Stevie Johnson has torn meniscus, out indefinitely
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/17194696/san-diego-chargers-wide-receiver-stevie-johnson-meniscus-injury

SAN DIEGO -- In a conversation with reporters after practice Monday, San Diego Chargers head coach Mike McCoy confirmed receiver Stevie Johnson suffered a torn meniscus in his right knee that will require surgery.

"He'll have a medical procedure done in the next couple days," McCoy said. "And then we'll have a better idea on how long he will be out, once that procedure takes place. But I can't give you any dates. We'll give you some rough estimates after he gets it cleaned up.

"It's an unfortunate situation for everything he's done at this time, but we'll go on from there," McCoy added.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
he Colts have signed undrafted free agent safety Lee Hightower to help with their depth concerns at that position. Starting safeties Mike Adams and Clayton Geathers both missed practice Monday. Geathers has yet to practice in training camp because of a foot injury.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
DE Dwight Freeney signs one-year deal with Falcons
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17203392/veteran-de-dwight-freeney-signs-one-year-deal-atlanta-falcons

The Atlanta Falcons have signed veteran defensive end Dwight Freeney to a one-year contract, the team announced Tuesday.

Freeney, who signed with Arizona before Week 6 in 2015, had eight sacks in 11 games. He was the lone bright spot for the Cardinals' pass rush last season, an area they're still trying to address.

Freeney, who turned 36 in February, became a free agent in March and first visited Atlanta in May.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trent Richardson was released again. Is it safe to say he is one of the top 5 busts of all time?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A strained right hamstring kept Ezekiel Elliott out of the final four plays of team drills Tuesday. He will be examined further Wednesday but he was able to jog off the field without any noticeable limp. The Cowboys are off on Wednesday but if Elliott needs some rest the Cowboys have only two tailbacks left: Alfred Morris and Darius Jackson. Darren McFadden (elbow) and Lance Dunbar (knee) are on the non-football injury and physically unable to per for lists.

-- and --

Source says Cowboys backup QB Kellen Moore will need surgery to repair his broken right fibula. It's not clear when the surgery will happen or how long Moore would miss because of rehab.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Rams RB Tre Mason admitted to hospital for evaluation in late July
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17208157/tre-mason-los-angeles-rams-admitted-evaluation-police-july-erratic-behavior

Los Angeles Rams running back Tre Mason, from whom the team hasn't heard despite multiple attempts to contact him, was "admitted for evaluation" to a hospital in late July after his mother called police in South Florida, saying Mason was acting strangely.

According to a police report, Palm Beach County Sheriff's officers arrived at his mother's house in Lake Charleston, Florida, after Tina Mason called to report that Tre Mason was "acting unusual and making irrational statements."

Rams officials said Tuesday that they have tried several times to get in touch with Mason, who was arrested in March on charges of reckless driving, marijuana possession and resisting arrest. The team has been in contact with Mason's family and his agent, Bus Cook, but has been unable to get answers about his condition or his whereabouts.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lambeau has some great eats. They already have a foot long brat covered in mac n cheese. That may top it tho...

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lambeau has some great eats. They already have a foot long brat covered in mac n cheese. That may top it tho...
Sounds good, but not together. I'll take the brat with some mac and cheese on the side.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
FA QB Nick Foles agrees to a 1yr deal with the Chiefs. The deal includes a 2nd yr team option.

49ers sign LB Navarro Bowman to a 4yr $44mil extension...$20mil gtd

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Giants sign cornerback Leon Hall, waive Tramain Jacobs
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17216788/new-york-giants-signing-cornerback-leon-hall

The New York Giants have signed veteran cornerback Leon Hall.

The deal is for one year and worth up to $2 million, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Hall, 31, visited the Giants for a second time on Wednesday. They wanted another look after his offseason back surgery. Hall impressed, and was choosing between the Giants and the Bengals. He had spent the first nine years of his career with the Cincinnati Bengals.

Hall is expected to compete immediately as the Giants' slot cornerback. Trevin Wade has been running with their first-team defense this summer at that position.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Appeals court sides with NFL in Adrian Peterson case
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17218215/nfl-wins-appeal-case-adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings

The U.S. 8th Circuit Court of Appeals has reversed a district court's ruling that had overturned Adrian Peterson's suspension and fine, which resulted when the Minnesota Vikings running back pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge after injuring his son while meting out corporal punishment.

Peterson is now responsible for the fine; a source told ESPN's Ed Werder that the star running back must pay the NFL the value of three game checks he received from the 2014 season, or just under $2.1 million.

The appeal "does not involve his eligibility to play," so Peterson remains with the Vikings in camp as they prepare for their Sept. 11 season opener against the Tennessee Titans.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is anyone else going to watch the HoF enshrinement this weekend?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said he is not urgent in finding a veteran backup quarterback after losing out at chance on free agent Nick Foles. The Cowboys have had conversations with Cleveland about Josh McCown but appear content for now to go with Dak Prescott and Jameill Showers behind Tony Romo. "What you're seeing is that we really have what we think is an opportunity," Jones said. "We've seen enough and it makes sense. We don't have to be and shouldn't be as urgent as it might look like. We don't know that we are void on campus at the backup at all."

Is anyone else going to watch the HoF enshrinement this weekend?
Football is back,
I am not missing a damn minute. I have been waiting forever for football to come back on TV
basketball.. watching players stand around bitching about getting paid
baseball like watching paint dry

Can't wait to start seeing some big hits and football again.. Best time of the year

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Aaron Rodgers unlikely for HOF Game after sitting out practice
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17223874/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-unlikely-hall-fame-game-sitting-practice-thursday

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- On a weekend when one of their all-time great quarterbacks will be celebrated and their current quarterback is expected to be a spectator, the Green Bay Packers are likely to play the Pro Football Hall of Fame Game with two undrafted, rookie, free-agent quarterbacks: Joe Callahan and Marquise Williams.

Unless, of course, Brett Favre wants to take off his new gold jacket and don his now-retired, green-and-gold No. 4 for one more night.

Brett Hundley, the Packers' No. 2 quarterback, sat out his second straight practice Thursday night with an ankle injury, putting his status for Sunday's game in doubt. And although Packers coach Mike McCarthy has not officially said whether two-time NFL MVP Aaron Rodgers will sit out Sunday's game against the Indianapolis Colts, Rodgers was given the night off from practice Thursday, a telltale sign that he will not play.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Cardinals give Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald 1-year extensions
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17227737/arizona-cardinals-extend-contracts-carson-palmer-larry-fitzgerald

At a time when some have wondered whether this would be Carson Palmer's and Larry Fitzgerald's last season, Arizona has extended the contracts and careers of both players.

The Cardinals announced one-year contract extensions for Palmer and Fitzgerald on Friday, tying the quarterback to Arizona through the 2018 season and the wide receiver to the team through 2017.

Palmer will get a $6.75 million signing bonus, plus $15.5 million in salary and bonuses fully guaranteed in 2017, a source told ESPN's Dan Graziano. Before the extension deal, none of his money for 2017 had been guaranteed.

His 2018 salary will be $12.5 million plus a $1.5 million roster bonus, none of which is guaranteed, according to the source.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said he is not urgent in finding a veteran backup quarterback after losing out at chance on free agent Nick Foles. The Cowboys have had conversations with Cleveland about Josh McCown but appear content for now to go with Dak Prescott and Jameill Showers behind Tony Romo. "What you're seeing is that we really have what we think is an opportunity," Jones said. "We've seen enough and it makes sense. We don't have to be and shouldn't be as urgent as it might look like. We don't know that we are void on campus at the backup at all."

Football is back,
I am not missing a damn minute. I have been waiting forever for football to come back on TV
basketball.. watching players stand around bitching about getting paid
baseball like watching paint dry

Can't wait to start seeing some big hits and football again.. Best time of the year
I'll be watching too. I hope they have Harrison and Farve go early with their speeches. I know they will be last or close to it though. I'm also disappointed because the Jets won't hold their Green and White scrimmage this year for some reason. Guess I'll have to wait until the 11th to watch them.

At least I'll have baseball to hold me over for the weekend, before the NFL stuff. I'm a Cleveland fan, so I rarely get to watch them, but they are playing the Yankees this weekend. I get their network.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Brandon Marshall says Darrelle Revis 'baited' him into skirmish
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17228708/darrelle-revis-brandon-marshall-new-york-jets-get-scuffle-training-camp-practice

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Brandon Marshall took a swing at teammate Darrelle Revis during a chippy practice Friday in which the two New York Jets stars jawed at each other throughout an intense head-to-head battle on the field.

It culminated with a confrontation between plays. An incensed Marshall left the offensive sideline and walked about 20 yards to confront Revis, who was stationed at his cornerback position. They exchanged words, and Marshall immediately unleashed an open-handed slap at Revis, which didn't land.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
TE Eric Ebron carted off after suffering injury during practice
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17232803/detroit-lions-te-eric-ebron-carted-suffering-leg-injury-practice

DETROIT -- Lions tight end Eric Ebron was carted off the field during the franchise's mock game Saturday with what may be a right Achilles injury, according to the NFL Network.

Ebron fell to the ground around the right hashmark and was clearly in pain as team doctors were checking his right knee and ankle. He was down for several minutes before a cart came out to take him off the field and back toward the locker room.

Lions coach Jim Caldwell had no comment on Ebron's injury after practice concluded. General manager Bob Quinn, when asked about Ebron's injury, said "injuries happen in football," but didn't elaborate further.

Quarterback Matthew Stafford said he has no idea what is wrong with Ebron. When asked what it would do to Detroit's offense if he were significantly hurt, Stafford said "I'm not going to talk about hypotheticals."

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Seahawks' Bennett has no issue with being kicked out of practice
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17233340/seattle-seahawks-de-michael-bennett-understands-why-michael-bennett-kicked-practice

RENTON, Wash. - Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett said Saturday that he has no issue with coach Pete Carroll throwing him out of practice earlier in the week.

"He said he just wants to show the team if he kicked me out as one of the best players on the team, then he'll do it to anybody," Bennett said. "Just a message. And it's cool with me. I understand what the standard is that's upheld for me and the rest of the players.