2016 NFL Thread

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
I refuse to touch Lamar Miller with a 10-foot pole in fantasy until i see him have a consistent full season.

I see people hyping him up as a first round pick and im just like

The talent is there i think, but he's done nothing as of yet to prove hes worth that high of a pick.
Il give you that he just was remaining late in the draft and just drafted him to fill my roster paid off lol

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I refuse to touch Lamar Miller with a 10-foot pole in fantasy until i see him have a consistent full season.

I see people hyping him up as a first round pick and im just like

The talent is there i think, but he's done nothing as of yet to prove hes worth that high of a pick.
I'm going OBJ or AB in the first. I'll pick up a QB like Eli in the 12th lol

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
DO IT. I won my league last year drafting AB in the first and having eli as my qb along with matt ryan (2 qb league). Think i drafted them in like the 8/9th rounds or something respectively

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Il give you that he just was remaining late in the draft and just drafted him to fill my roster paid off lol
Oh yeah i think mid to late round hes a steal, but at the top of the draft no way lol

Then again being on a team coached by Bill O'Brien im sure Lamar will be involved a lot in the pass game as well as running it, so maybe the change of scenery is the difference maker

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep ab/obj first then running back 2nd ap/lb/dm. I usually pick a quaterback in 8th but ive gone as late as 12th as well. Ive read a few people saying big ben is supposed to be the quarterback this year for fantasy points.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DO IT. I won my league last year drafting AB in the first and having eli as my qb along with matt ryan (2 qb league). Think i drafted them in like the 8/9th rounds or something respectively
We had people pick Peyton and Luck in the first round. 10 QBs went in first two rounds. I got Dalton and Eli in like the 15 and 12. I never draft a QB early unless it's a stupid league that has crash QB points (draft for a buddy of mine. 2 QB league. QBs got .5 pts PER COMPLETION wtf)

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Oh yeah i think mid to late round hes a steal, but at the top of the draft no way lol

Then again being on a team coached by Bill O'Brien im sure Lamar will be involved a lot in the pass game as well as running it, so maybe the change of scenery is the difference maker
Yea I stole chandrick west too lol

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Cardinals' S Chris Clemons may face assault charges

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17115157/prosecutor-deciding-whether-charge-arizona-cardinals-chris-clemons

TEMPE, Ariz. - Scottsdale police recommended to the city prosecutor's office that assault and disorderly conduct charges be brought against veteran Arizona Cardinals safety Chris Clemons for a May 8 incident outside a Scottsdale night club. The recommendation was made two weeks ago.

Clemons allegedly assaulted a female outside of International, a night club in the Old Town area of Scottsdale, according to a police report. The victim was knocked out for 20 to 30 seconds by a punch to the face after an altercation in a parking lot near the club, according to the report. According to the victim, whose name was redacted in the report, Clemons punched her with a closed fist, which caused her to bleed from her nose and mouth, fall and hit her head.

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
We had people pick Peyton and Luck in the first round. 10 QBs went in first two rounds. I got Dalton and Eli in like the 15 and 12. I never draft a QB early unless it's a stupid league that has crash QB points (draft for a buddy of mine. 2 QB league. QBs got .5 pts PER COMPLETION wtf)
Yeah agreed. going qb early is NEVER smart in fantasy. I was in a huge QB points league and the guy i beat in the finals had blake bortles as one of his QBs. Pretty sure he was picked up off the waiver wire after going undrafted and was putting up huge stats all year (lot of garbage time numbers, but hey it all counts the same in fantasy). I also had kirk cousins on the bench and subbed him in occasionally with great success.

Point is you can get a good fantasy QB late in the draft or even the waiver wire. no need to waste a top pick on a Brady or Rodgers when you can get an Eli or Rivers or Romo in round 10 and still get 4,000 yards and 30+ touchdown passes

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Cardinals' S Chris Clemons may face assault charges

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17115157/prosecutor-deciding-whether-charge-arizona-cardinals-chris-clemons

TEMPE, Ariz. - Scottsdale police recommended to the city prosecutor's office that assault and disorderly conduct charges be brought against veteran Arizona Cardinals safety Chris Clemons for a May 8 incident outside a Scottsdale night club. The recommendation was made two weeks ago.

Clemons allegedly assaulted a female outside of International, a night club in the Old Town area of Scottsdale, according to a police report. The victim was knocked out for 20 to 30 seconds by a punch to the face after an altercation in a parking lot near the club, according to the report. According to the victim, whose name was redacted in the report, Clemons punched her with a closed fist, which caused her to bleed from her nose and mouth, fall and hit her head.
Role model my a$$

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
NFL medical adviser Elliot Pellman retiring; move prompted by Roger Goodell
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17113610/controversial-nfl-medical-adviser-elliot-pellman-retiring

The NFL will replace longtime and controversial medical adviser Elliot Pellman with a new full-time chief medical officer, commissioner Roger Goodell wrote Wednesday in a letter to club executives.

For years, Dr. Elliot Pellman has been a central figure in the NFL's concussion crisis.
Pellman will retire, Goodell wrote, but the commissioner made the decision that prompted Pellman's retirement, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter. Goodell understands that the NFL must demonstrate strong leadership on health and safety and that its players and fans need to trust in the league, the sources said.

Pellman is retiring after a 30-year career with the NFL. A rheumatologist, Pellman had served as New York Jets team doctor and was also chairman of the league's powerful research arm.

scw538

scw538

Awards
Agreed I'm a skins fan and at one time I thought dez was elite but I don't anymore I think brown has the edge over obj I'd take him over him any day obj is a prima Dona imo
You will believe DEZ is elite after he schools that "second coming of Nnamdi Asomugha " Josh Norman. He had one good year and skins paid him 5 yrs @ 75 mill. Trust me if he was that critical the panthers would have kept him they let him leave without a fight.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You will believe DEZ is elite after he schools that "second coming of Nnamdi Asomugha " Josh Norman. He had one good year and skins paid him 5 yrs @ 75 mill. Trust me if he was that critical the panthers would have kept him they let him leave without a fight.
There is something called a salary cap. Panthers didnt want to have to compete with 5 year 75 mill contact.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Must be something in the water up in Dallas.....

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If Josh Norman isn't very good, how would schooling him make Dez elite?

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
People like you belong watching tennis or ping pong dez has fallen off it seems his attitude alone is pathetic

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hahaha don't you know Dallas fans graduate from melwood
Jerry Jones does not mind paying an arm and a leg to have headaches on his team.
And then going 8-8 and missing the playoffs.
They are known for both of these things.

Lawrence suspended 4 games for drugs
They signed hardy last year after his horrible track record and it did not improve.
I am surprised Manziel has not found a home there yet.

If Dallas was smart they would draft Defense... They can't stop a team to save their life. Elliot was a great pickup, don't get me wrong, But you need to address your weakness. Defense wins championships. You won't win or go deep in the playoffs trying to play shootout every single game.

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Hey now no need to diss my man Nnamdi. He had accomplished 10x more than Norman has to this point. He flamed out with the Eagles but the people forget the dude was a beast with the Raiders for like 6-7 years straight

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey now no need to diss my man Nnamdi. He had accomplished 10x more than Norman has to this point. He flamed out with the Eagles but the people forget the dude was a beast with the Raiders for like 6-7 years straight
He flamed out with the Eagles for the same reason most high priced FA acquisitions do - scheme. He was a beast with the raiders on the outside. The Eagles used him inside because apparently, using a primo outside shutdown CB inside makes sense.

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
He flamed out with the Eagles for the same reason most high priced FA acquisitions do - scheme. He was a beast with the raiders on the outside. The Eagles used him inside because apparently, using a primo outside shutdown CB inside makes sense.
Yeah for sure. That and he was getting a little older. But those damn Eagles fried his brain with that stupid zone scheme, and he was never the same again

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Eugene Monroe announces retirement, will evaluate health

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17117984/eugene-monroe-plans-retire-seven-year-career

Free-agent offensive tackle Eugene Monroe announced his retirement from the NFL on Thursday.

"After 18 years, I am retiring from the game I love," Monroe said in a statement. "This was not an easy decision to make, but I know it's the right one for me, my health and my family. Thank you to my fans for your continued support, and to my friends and family for always standing by me. I'm excited about what's to come."

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Josh Gordon met with Roger Goodell on reinstatement

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17119570/suspended-cleveland-browns-wide-receiver-josh-gordon-met-nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell

Suspended Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell this week to discuss his return to the NFL, according to sources.

The meeting was first reported by the NFL Network and confirmed by ESPN.

Gordon can reapply for reinstatement to the league on Aug. 1, and the meeting had been scheduled as part of that process. Sources tell ESPN's Dan Graziano that a decision on Gordon's status is not likely before the start of the season.

Gordon was suspended two games in 2013, 10 games in 2014 and for the entire 2015 season for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy. He was denied reinstatement in April after reports he failed a drug test because of a diluted samples that also tested positive for marijuana. The level of marijuana did not meet the NFL's threshold for suspension, but the diluted samples are considered the same as a positive test.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Packers confirm NFL will interview Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers over PED allegation

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17120795/green-bay-packers-confirm-nfl-interview-clay-matthews-julius-peppers-ped-allegation

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Green Bay Packers president Mark Murphy confirmed Thursday that the NFL will interview Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers, who were named in an Al-Jazeera America report linking them to performance-enhancing drugs.

It was the first acknowledgment by anyone from the Packers' organization of the interviews, which are expected to take place in Green Bay when training camp opens next week.

"The league is pursuing that," Murphy said following the team's annual shareholders meeting. "I know there's been some resistance from the NFLPA about the credibility of some of the sources there, but I don't think we know much more than that."

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Eugene Monroe announces retirement, will evaluate health

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17117984/eugene-monroe-plans-retire-seven-year-career

Free-agent offensive tackle Eugene Monroe announced his retirement from the NFL on Thursday.

"After 18 years, I am retiring from the game I love," Monroe said in a statement. "This was not an easy decision to make, but I know it's the right one for me, my health and my family. Thank you to my fans for your continued support, and to my friends and family for always standing by me. I'm excited about what's to come."
18 yrs of being a tackle in the nfl Jesus

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Josh Gordon met with Roger Goodell on reinstatement

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17119570/suspended-cleveland-browns-wide-receiver-josh-gordon-met-nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell

Suspended Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell this week to discuss his return to the NFL, according to sources.

The meeting was first reported by the NFL Network and confirmed by ESPN.

Gordon can reapply for reinstatement to the league on Aug. 1, and the meeting had been scheduled as part of that process. Sources tell ESPN's Dan Graziano that a decision on Gordon's status is not likely before the start of the season.

Gordon was suspended two games in 2013, 10 games in 2014 and for the entire 2015 season for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy. He was denied reinstatement in April after reports he failed a drug test because of a diluted samples that also tested positive for marijuana. The level of marijuana did not meet the NFL's threshold for suspension, but the diluted samples are considered the same as a positive test.
This guy could be amazing is he would grow up

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Nah not in NFL. Probably 8 in NFL. He's only 31 or so.

JG was best in league at one point. Insane talent.
Oh ok I guess I mis interpeted but still man reguaedless at that weight and position for 18 years even back yard I know his body has to be screaming

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Speaking of Headache Hardy:

Jaguars work out Greg Hardy; no plans to sign him, source says

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17121960/greg-hardy-works-jacksonville-jaguars-team-no-plans-sign-source-says

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jaguars confirmed they worked out free-agent defensive end Greg Hardy over the past two days, but a league source says the team has no plans to sign him at this point.

Pro Football Talk first reported news of the workout.

Sources told ESPN that the Jaguars were doing their due diligence by bringing in Hardy and wanted to sit with him face-to-face to see where he was mentally and physically.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No need for Hardy unless Fowler has a set back

Leveon Bell skipped a drug test and may be facing another suspension. Idiot

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell facing 4-game ban for missed drug test

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17124034/pittsburgh-steelers-rb-leveon-bell-facing-four-game-ban-missed-drug-test

Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell is facing a four-game suspension for a violation of the NFL's drug policy, sources told ESPN's Dan Graziano.

The suspension is the result of a missed drug test, not a failed one, sources said. The reason it hasn't been announced is that the appeal process is ongoing.

No date for Bell's appeal has been set, although it's expected that it will be heard before the regular season. If it isn't overturned, Bell would miss the first four games of the season.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ezekiel Elliott's Girlfriend Posts Photos Of Bruises, Claims She's A Victim Of Domestic Violence

http://deadspin.com/ezekiel-elliotts-girlfriend-posts-photos-of-bruises-cl-1784124894

A woman named Tiffany Thompson, who is known to be Dallas Cowboys rookie Ezekiel Elliott’s girlfriend, just posted photos on her Instagram account showing bruises that she alleges are the result of domestic abuse.

Thompson does not specifically accuse Elliott of abusing her in the caption on the first set of photos, but directed the second set of photos at his Instagram handle.

Update (10:20 a.m.): TMZ is reporting that they have obtained a copy of a police report detailing Elliott’s alleged assault of Thompson. According to the report, Elliott allegedly attacked Thompson while she was sitting the driver’s seat of her parked car. The report states that Elliott was not arrested due to conflicting reports from witnesses, but that Thompson was referred to the prosecutor’s office.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Very well may be BS, but agreed. Truly a bad start. If he gets suspended... Dallas is screwed.
Yea it could be and I think Morris will do well but as far as Elliot goes I could see if he only got suspended someone making a case why ray rice is still not in the league

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No need for Hardy unless Fowler has a set back

Leveon Bell skipped a drug test and may be facing another suspension. Idiot
Moron. His contract is up next year I think. I know he came into the NFL in 2013, so it should be up 2017. He has yet to play a full season too due to injury or suspension. He just shot himself in the foot with his new contract. He will get paid, don't get me wrong, but I don't think he will become to new highest paid RB.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Moron. His contract is up next year I think. I know he came into the NFL in 2013, so it should be up 2017. He has yet to play a full season too due to injury or suspension. He just shot himself in the foot with his new contract. He will get paid, don't get me wrong, but I don't think he will become to new highest paid RB.
Im glad though. It means he less likely to leave the steelers.

scw538

scw538

Awards
ZEEK didn't do it. 4 witness say girl got in bar fight. His record was spotless at Ohio State.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
ZEEK didn't do it. 4 witness say girl got in bar fight. His record was spotless at Ohio State.
Tough to say. Everyone is guilty until proven innocent now and days... even though it should be the other way around.
Zeke is a good dude. I have seen him practice and play at OSU for the last few years. A true role model on that team.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
See i agree i dont think he did it. Although there was at one point "witnesses" who said ray rice didnt do it either. Money talks and people will attest to anything for the right pice. It also goes the other way around. People will accuse innocent people because of money. With that said i don't think he did it.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
See i agree i dont think he did it. Although there was at one point "witnesses" who said ray rice didnt do it either. Money talks and people will attest to anything for the right pice. It also goes the other way around. People will accuse innocent people because of money. With that said i don't think he did it.
Good point there

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He also says he saved text messages from her where she said she would set him up if he broke up with her.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im glad though. It means he less likely to leave the steelers.
He is actually a FA after this season, he really goofed.

In terms of Zeek, going off of what we know, I would say he is innocent. So many other vouched for him. Who knows, I'm sure there is other info that is not yet out.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
I can't believe that leve on bell is facing a possible suspension guy is a amazing running back just can't seem to play often smh

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't believe that leve on bell is facing a possible suspension guy is a amazing running back just can't seem to play often smh
He has yet to play a full season.
True!!! I want to see him play a full season, as he is always the leading rushing(or close to it) until hes injured/suspended. He average 4.9 yards a carry last year before he was out, thats just ludicrous!

I dont know if he is innocent or not, you cant just not show for drug test. I mean come on if it was that easy i think no one would ever show up for them. So if you dont show you up they assume you guilty and slap on a 4 game suspension. Idiot!!!

Im glad though as it means my steelers are more likely to keep him.

Anyone else think tampa could be pretty solid this year? Doug martin was #2 rusher last year. Winston is getting better and they said their line has improved a lot; over the offseason. I still dont think theyll make it to the playoffs but i think they be a solid team now.