2010 College Football Season

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking forward to an Auburn victory! Living down here in BR, I hear the ribbing from my buddies every day, asking me what MI is ranked.. ****ers know we've dropped out of the top 25 again..

Go Auburn
Go Alabama
Go Arkansas!!!

F Ohio State too!! LOL.. Now that WI beat the ****eyes, I'm secretly rooting for Mich State to win the Big 10 & possibly get a bowl game down in AZ...:cheers:

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
But it is true, winning is winning. Its either a W or an L. Period. (I just hope they take it up the arse by Auburn, Alabama, and Arkansas.) Notice I put down all 3.
I think that is one thing all three of us (Rubberring, Hoother, and Myself) will agree on. We will feast upon the hat.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to an Auburn victory! Living down here in BR, I hear the ribbing from my buddies every day, asking me what MI is ranked.. ****ers know we've dropped out of the top 25 again..

Go Auburn
Go Alabama
Go Arkansas!!!

F Ohio State too!! LOL.. Now that WI beat the ****eyes, I'm secretly rooting for Mich State to win the Big 10 & possibly get a bowl game down in AZ...:cheers:
Is this year going to be a repeat of last where the wolverqueens start out the Big Ten season with a narrow win over IU and then lose every game the rest of the season? Probably not but
it's a possibility.
I'm rooting for Mich St as well, I like the head coach.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, Rodriguez better get his team right on this bye week. I think his D has reached its full potential. They cut down on their personal foul penalties & the game improves significantly! Shoelace needs to get better in the pocket & his receivers need better gloves! Yeah, I like States coach too. His players are playing for him, that's for sure.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Rodriguez better get his team right on this bye week. I think his D has reached its full potential. They cut down on their personal foul penalties & the game improves significantly! Shoelace needs to get better in the pocket & his receivers need better gloves! Yeah, I like States coach too. His players are playing for him, that's for sure.
If shoelaces continues to be the whole offense he's going to get killed. I think he's been injured in 3 games now right? Rich Rod needs a new D coordinator Robinson is flat out not getting it done and it could end up costing Rich Rod his job, although I think meatchicken would be stupid to can him now when it apprears at least offensively they have turned a corner. How in the hell can Michigan have that bad of a defense? it's freakin Michigan! they should not have one of the ten worst defenses in America. I'll tell you what after watching my Buckeyes on Saturday I am now convinced Michigan will actually have a shot in November. What a difference a week makes.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Haha!! Damn, thatd be funny to actually see MI compete w/ you guys this year. Yeah, Shoelace, like Forcier last year, is just too small to take D1 hits week in & week out. Dude, our D..... I'm at a loss for words for them now. We'll see what the bye week brings.... Happy Valley next weekend for us.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Robinson is flat out not getting it done and it could end up costing Rich Rod his job...
Sadly, 7-8 wins will buy RichRod another year... which will only prolong the misery of Wolverine fans.

How in the hell can Michigan have that bad of a defense? it's freakin Michigan! they should not have one of the worst defenses in America.
Don't ask Notre Dame or Auburn. I would've added USC and Tennessee, but it's pretty obvious why they're struggling.

tattedsailor

tattedsailor

Awards
Speaking of USC, can someone please tell me what lame kiffin did to deserve two great head coaching jobs? He's never done anything productive anywhere!!!

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Btw, tattedsailor, have you heard about the Aussie, Jesse Williams? I think we'll have a new leader on the defense for the next two seasons. Kid's an absolute beast. Haven't been this excited about an incoming player in a long time.

Feature article on Rivals:
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1141429

"Williams is 6 feet 3 and 320 pounds, but unlike many linemen, he has no gut. Rather, he looks like he's been pumping iron since birth. But he doesn't have the appearance of a body builder and comes off as more powerful than muscular."

rec_jwilliams_400.jpg

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sadly, 7-8 wins will buy RichRod another year... which will only prolong the misery of Wolverine fans.
idk I tend to think that Rich Rod can and will produce a winner in Ann Arbor given more time. I'm completely conflicted on the subject on one hand it's Michigan, whom I've hated all my life. On the other hand I absolutely believe it's in the best interest of the Big ten in general and my Buckeyes specifically to have a very good, relevant Michigan team to compete against.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Btw, tattedsailor, have you heard about the Aussie, Jesse Williams? I think we'll have a new leader on the defense for the next two seasons. Kid's an absolute beast. Haven't been this excited about an incoming player in a long time.

Feature article on Rivals:
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1141429

"Williams is 6 feet 3 and 320 pounds, but unlike many linemen, he has no gut. Rather, he looks like he's been pumping iron since birth. But he doesn't have the appearance of a body builder and comes off as more powerful than muscular."

View attachment 35802
That dude just looks like menacing doesn't he?

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
idk I tend to think that Rich Rod can and will produce a winner in Ann Arbor given more time.
First, I don't think his ethics (or lack thereof) mesh well with UM's standards, and from what I've read, they regret hiring him in the first place. I also don't think he can produce a consistent winning team over the long haul. RichRod's teams have never been noted for their defense or their ability to play smash-mouth football... both of which are vital when playing in the Big Ten, imo.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Damn, we get to face him in 2012 @ Dallas!!

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn, we get to face him in 2012 @ Dallas!!
Yes, you do... and I will be there to see it. My best friend is a Michigan man. We used to use Michigan and Alabama football as reasons to take road trips and mini-vacations. We went to Maui in '98, and hopped over to Honolulu to watch the UM-Hawaii game... back when the "Warriors" had rainbows on their helmets. :lol:

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
First, I don't think his ethics (or lack thereof) mesh well with UM's standards, and from what I've read, they regret hiring him in the first place. I also don't think he can produce a consistent winning team over the long haul. RichRod's teams have never been noted for their defense or their ability to play smash-mouth football... both of which are vital when playing in the Big Ten, imo.
I have read several reports that the powers that be have already contemplated firing him but imo it would set the program back even further to fire him now. You're probably right though his history of lack of defense will do him in.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Easier to maintain after getting to 320 pounds by steroid use than to get to 320 pounds naturally.

tattedsailor

tattedsailor

Awards
Easier but next to impossible. You'd definitely lose a fcuk ton after coming off a cycle serious eanough to get to 320. Its not like he's the first football player to be his size either.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
steroids much? Aren't they legal in Australia?
Easier to maintain after getting to 320 pounds by steroid use than to get to 320 pounds naturally.
Jesse Williams is listed at 6'3", 320lbs. AU's freshman DT Jeff Whitaker is listed at 6'3", 310 lbs. and Nick Fairley is listed at 6'5", 314lbs.

Quit blowin' smoke. :smokin:

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes, you do... and I will be there to see it. My best friend is a Michigan man. We used to use Michigan and Alabama football as reasons to take road trips and mini-vacations. We went to Maui in '98, and hopped over to Honolulu to watch the UM-Hawaii game... back when the "Warriors" had rainbows on their helmets. :lol:
Depending on the cost of the tix, I'm there too!! A buddy of mine in the local jeep club here is an AL grad & said he'll check into tix for us soon. Just so happens, there's a good off-road park between Shreveport, LA & Dallas, so I can get some rock crawling in a couple days before the game!!!

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
rubberring & tat -- Whitaker is about 44% BF and so is Fairley. They are 220 pound guys under all that fat. This guy is 20 years old with sub 20% BF at that weight, NOT POSSIBLE. I'd be willing to bet Cam Newton that this guy has juiced up a storm.

On a side note.. It's my Birthday!

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
rubberring & tat -- Whitaker is about 44% BF and so is Fairley. They are 220 pound guys under all that fat. This guy is 20 years with sub 20% BF. I'd be willing to bet Cam Newton that this guy has juiced up a storm.
But... but... the use of anabolics is so rare in D1 football. :rolleyes: And please don't tell me it's an ethical issue with you. Something tells me that if he'd signed with Auburn, he'd be in keeping with your uncompromising moral code.

a62.jpg

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
rubberring & tat -- Whitaker is about 44% BF and so is Fairley. They are 220 pound guys under all that fat. This guy is 20 years old with sub 20% BF at that weight, NOT POSSIBLE. I'd be willing to bet Cam Newton that this guy has juiced up a storm.

44% bodyfat? Really? Can we back that up? That seems extremely obese for a football player. lol.

Even fatass offensive lineman hover around 20-25% bodyfat.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Who has two tickets to the Razorbacks v. Ole Miss game Saturday? Me. I love today.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
I had people tell me I was 20% bf with ZERO gut a few years back. Offensive lineman are much higher than 20% BF. So you're telling me these guys who lets say are 300 pds at 20% body fat. That means they would be 240 pounds at ZERO percent body fat. These dudes are NOWHERE near that muscular.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Depending on the cost of the tix, I'm there too!! A buddy of mine in the local jeep club here is an AL grad & said he'll check into tix for us soon. Just so happens, there's a good off-road park between Shreveport, LA & Dallas, so I can get some rock crawling in a couple days before the game!!!
Whatchoo know about Shreveport fool? (my Arnold Jackson voice)

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying to come up with enough cheese to go to the Emerald Isle Classic in 2012 baby!!!! I;d love to be there. Packages start about 2K.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Whatchoo know about Shreveport fool? (my Arnold Jackson voice)
.. That I should just keep on driving when I get there!! I live in Baton Rouge & have passed through there several times.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
.. That I should just keep on driving when I get there!! I live in Baton Rouge & have passed through there several times.
Ain't nothing here except mostly people with heads as big as Les Miles.

tattedsailor

tattedsailor

Awards
Did anyone see Oregon last night? They impress me more and more everytime i see them.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did anyone see Oregon last night? They impress me more and more everytime i see them.
Yeah, they are definitely the real deal offensively. Their attack is both potent and balanced. They get turnovers too. However, they've yet to play against a real defense, and won't until Arizona visits them on 11/26. That's the only team who still has a legitimate shot at tripping them up.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Talk about kickin' you in the balls when you are down:

From ESPN's CollegeGameDay on "What's Wrong with the Gator Offense"

Des Bryant: "The college environment there is basically a State Prison."
The hate finally comes out of Bryant who uncreatively blathers the typical Big Ten alum "SEC wins because they recruit convicts" attitude.

Herbstreit: "Recruiting is not good. The freshman there have some sort of sense of entitlement"
Actually recruiting is great, it's how you coach to the strength of the players you recruit that's the problem.

Corso: " The field goal kicker, Chaz Henry, is a joke and needs to be benched forever."
At least Corso's comment is on topic although he doesn't seem to realize that Chaz Henry is actually an all-SEC punter who is kicking back-up for injured kicker Caleb Sturgis.

I know the Gators need CPR but this commentary was just a joke. What this team has is a big time Leadership Problem.
Besides the 'Bama lashing, the Gators are easily 6-1 but for a Les Miles lucky bounce and a couple of missed 20 yard field goals by their punter. But hey, shame on Meyer for not having a back up kicker.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Des Bryant is from Oklahoma St which makes him a Big 12 Alum. The arrest records at Florida are pretty eye opening to this Big ten fan though. Time to go watch my Buckeyes struggle with mighty Purdue.

tattedsailor

tattedsailor

Awards
I'm pretty sure he meant Desmond Howard...or at least i hope so

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure he meant Desmond Howard...or at least i hope so
Yeah that would make sense. I didn't watch any of GameDay but Desmond is part of the GameDay crew so that's probably what OG meant. Most big programs have some problems with young men getting in trouble or arrested some are definitely worse than others.