Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, I missed Sunday, damn it. I really wanted to have a perfect attendance record with this, but alas I got lazy. Made them up today though.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
22 this evening, time to sleep hard and crank out vente tres manaña.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
If theres one thing i dont miss about the Marine Corps its training in the field for 2 weeks at time... coming back to the barracks only to get smashed and eat pizza... atfer 2 weeks of MREs and then smashing alcohol and pizza doesnt make for good bathroom visits the next day! hahaha

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If theres one thing i dont miss about the Marine Corps its training in the field for 2 weeks at time... coming back to the barracks only to get smashed and eat pizza... atfer 2 weeks of MREs and then smashing alcohol and pizza doesnt make for good bathroom visits the next day! hahaha
Ah, but I bet some of your best memories were those nights.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Completely forgot to do mine on Monday, but I was also exhausted. I had to lift weights for a music video on Sunday (arm curls over and over and over) and run around the hotel chasing a guy, etc into the late hours. I actually had to go home at lunch and have a nap just to get by.

I made up for it on Tuesday, although still exhausted for some reason. I did 23 consecutive chins in the morning (the last couple were not good form, but I made it up over the bar), then attempted to do my 22 at lunch via pullups. I got to 11, then did 5, 3 and admitted defeat and finished the rest with chins. My left shoulder just feels weird/bad with pullups...and I seem to run out of gas on them too.

Hmmm...where is that 100 pull-up every 2nd or 3rd day challenge...that one sounds nicer.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hmmm...where is that 100 pull-up every 2nd or 3rd day challenge...that one sounds nicer.
I'm debating doing mine this way so it doesn't get in the way of my training. That and I'm tired of doing them everyday and being so sore, if you try doing 100 then a day or two off and repeat your not as sore or at least I'm not.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Still in! There starting to get a lot easier :D

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still in! There starting to get a lot easier :D
I agree, I don't get as sore, not unless I really kill my back in the gym as a whole.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I agree, I don't get as sore, not unless I really kill my back in the gym as a whole.
when we first started i could barely do 3 pull-ups without stopping, i'm doing sets of 8 now! :)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I did 47 today (15 minutes.) I really need to stop missing days. This is evil CopyCat.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
25 today right? Done. 5 sets of 5, fairly easy.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
7, 7, 7, 4. Monster Jam, he's on fire!

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
This is starting to get easier and easier, 25 done like a piece of cake

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is starting to get easier and easier, 25 done like a piece of cake
It's like the calm before the storm I'm sure

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looong day of work yesterday so I skipped them. Made 'em up today though.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
7, 6, 6, 7, holla back!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still need to do mine. I run down to the park and do them in a bit.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I'm behind - been sick. I'll do the catchup tomorrow.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm taking today off and will make em up tomorrow. Tired from a long run today, I've begun training for the Marine Corps Marathon.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
How much do you run to train for a marathon?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How much do you run to train for a marathon?
Too much, haha

I just signed up and am still deciding which training plan I will follow. The 2 that are at the top of my list are Hal Higdon's and Jeff Galloway's. You can google both of them, just add marathon after their names. At present I am just running for time. I ran 45 min today so I guesstimate I probably covered about 5 miles. I really want to buy the Garmin Forerunner.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Those are some crazy runs, anything over 3 miles is way too much for me. I didn't think marathoners ran that much for practice, I thought it was just a few miles a day. One I my friends runs distance races (1 & 2 mile) for UT and he tells me he rarely runs over a mile straight for practice. But that is a totaly different from a marathon though...

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I'd rather not do a marathon. I've heard of losing toenails as being 'common,' which is enough for me to say no.

Today was 28, right?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd rather not do a marathon. I've heard of losing toenails as being 'common,' which is enough for me to say no.

Today was 28, right?
I've lost toenails before, not really a big deal. I just like to push things sometimes. In this case everything that makes people not want to run a marathon is exactly what makes me want to. :saevil:

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Ok, caught up. Just doing sets of 10 throughout the day. Starting to feel better again (sickness, not the chins, lol). I couldn't have done this without the chin bar in my door.
I think my hand grip is improving too...

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
29 for today and 28 for yesterday.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
25, 5 for me. Yeah, I know I went 1 over - couldn't remember the number and felt better safe than sorry.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I did 5 sets of 5 and a set of 4, I've got a weird pull beneath my collar bone so I figured I'd take it easy instead of trying to max my reps.

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
Yay for me...I attempted 15 straight for the first time and Got them all.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
30 done. 20 chins then 10 pullups.

I put my hands closer together (about shoulder width) for my pullups, and it made a world of difference. I think I spread my arms out too much before, and that's what was tweaking my shoulder and making me feel wimpy.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Man first day I missed so far, looks like I got 60 tomorrow, rats...

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
30 Done

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
30 done, still keeping the rep count low. Sets of 6.