100 Day Pull-up Challenge!!! Join Me Starting Monday March 9th

purebred

You know, that's a good question. I really am not sure. I believe I inhale on the way up and exhale on the way down, ending my breathes at the to extremes of the ROM. It just feels natural to me. I haven't read anywhere anything regarding breathing and pull-ups. I would say don't even think about it and let your body just do it.

On another, but similar note, I am working on putting a guide to better Pull-ups together. I want to cover aspects from the beginner working for their 1st to the experienced working towards a PR, whether it's for reps or poundage/tonnage. I will also cover the various methods, grips, their purposes etc. All that into an easy to read/follow summary. I've got it started, just need to finish it now.
I've read it’s easier to breathe at the bottom portion of the lift (i.e. big ol' breath before you pull yourself up). and hey, your pull-up improvement guide sounds fantastic. what a great idea! wishing you the best with compiling all that together. i believe many, both newbies and experienced lifters will benefit from that, including all lifters in-between the two experience levels

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
14, it's getting tougher to get em all in one set, might have to break into 2 or more soon...

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I missed like a week haha, but I did 40 last night with a 10 pound dumbell between my legs. I'ma do another 40 at the gym on my lunch break and 40 tonight and I think I'll be good. :) I'm catching up lol
I was going to shout out to you in another thread to see if you were still with us, but I think I got side tracked.

Got my 15

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Check out my training thread I just started I'm down and knocking em out.

EDIT
I have no more room in my sig to add this :(
Ha, all good bro.

I'll check it right now.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
bwx10 20poundsx10 50 poundsx8-8 now on to deadlifts...I need to eat more calories..I am plateauing.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Only 75 days to go. Haven't heard from a few already. Any guesses as to how many will actually finish?

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Ohh ****, your a beast I'll catch up soon enough
LOL I feel like such a pussy right now. I have to get out of the work too much not eat enough rut. Now that I'm focusing back on training after such a long break of half assedness I am not back where I want to be at all lol. I have to work harder at getting more calories in during my work day...its my problem.No excuses though. I will hit close to my goal, I am determined.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
DREAMOFWEIZZZZZT wants to play! what number are yall on?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
today was day 15. What you need to do is "buy in". What that means is you need to do all the pull-ups that you missed as well as that days. If you buy in tomorrow you need to do 136 pull-ups. Yes in that day and no they don't need to be consecutive! All the rules are in the 1st post and I'll add your name to the list. Glad your coming along.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Day 15 and Bob's still holding strong! WOOWOO!

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
ill go to the gym in a bit.. im in... hopefully

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
i got to a hundred shity ones... i kinda felt bad for myself twords the end... i had to look into a mirror as well... so that sucked..

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I should be caught up by now, 50 on my lunch break and 50 about 40 mins ago at the gym. Now I can just cruise again on the low reps with you guys.

LOL I feel like such a pussy right now. I have to get out of the work too much not eat enough rut. Now that I'm focusing back on training after such a long break of half assedness I am not back where I want to be at all lol. I have to work harder at getting more calories in during my work day...its my problem.No excuses though. I will hit close to my goal, I am determined.
No matter what you say, I still think your doing a great job but if you do keep slacking I'm planning on passing you up. :dl:

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
I should be caught up by now, 50 on my lunch break and 50 about 40 mins ago at the gym. Now I can just cruise again on the low reps with you guys.

No matter what you say, I still think your doing a great job but if you do keep slacking I'm planning on passing you up. :dl:
Thanks, the rest of my workout was a Monster powered one of awesomeness..I had to stop myself so I woudn't overtrain. I think my next back day will see an increase on reps or weight for pullups. My calories are great today.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, the rest of my workout was a Monster powered one of awesomeness..I had to stop myself so I woudn't overtrain. I think my next back day will see an increase on reps or weight for pullups. My calories are great today.
Wow, whats your supp regimen like nowadays?

Welcome to the event buddy, lets make it happen!

Side note, I did 5 sets of ten pull ups with a ten pound weight on he first two sets today at lunch. :)

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Wow, whats your supp regimen like nowadays?

:
I use a micronized/di creatine blend. Allmax protein powder, L-Glutamine,Fish Oil,Ginko,glucosimine,liver tabs,blue-green alage,Coral calcium,Vit C,alpha lipoic acid and psyllium husks..for..you know:laugh:
Mainly my main supplement staples are wild meat(mostly deer,elk,bear,grouse)and fish(mostly pacifc salmon) along with whole non refined foods. Every once in a while I crave a Big Mac,tiramisu or a gelato though...lol. I am only human.Oh I also Love the Blue Monsters and NOS when I need it.

I plan on trying a BetaAl, CitMal and a plethora of other things in the year to come though.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I use a micronized/di creatine blend. Allmax protein powder, L-Glutamine,Fish Oil,Ginko,glucosimine,liver tabs,blue-green alage,Coral calcium,Vit C,alpha lipoic acid and psyllium husks..for..you know:laugh:
Mainly my main supplement staples are wild meat(mostly deer,elk,bear,grouse)and fish(mostly pacifc salmon) along with whole non refined foods. Every once in a while I crave a Big Mac,tiramisu or a gelato though...lol. I am only human.Oh I also Love the Blue Monsters and NOS when I need it.

I plan on trying a BetaAl, CitMal and a plethora of other things in the year to come though.
Sheer power on somewhat basic supps I love it..

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
16, easy day

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
16 today.
Got confused by my "15 today" dated today until I realized it put it as after 4am.
Haven't missed a single day yet. We were just going up to 20 right? :p

brugalou

brugalou

Awards
  • Established
Got my 16 I'm still wit you guys just can't get to the computer all the time:fing02:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
I think you guys should run this twice a year so i can join the fun next time!! ha

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I think you guys should run this twice a year so i can join the fun next time!! ha
You could join in now...136 today, or start tomorrow with 153 :burnout:

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
16 today. Sorry about no posts. Ive been hitting it regularly.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
You could join in now...136 today, or start tomorrow with 153 :burnout:
Not too try and sound like a puss or anything but i used to do 18 back in the Corps... shxt i could probably only do like 5 now... so im using that assisted machine and working the way down the weights... monday is 5 sets of 5 reps for chins and wedneday is 4 sets of 8 reps for pull ups... I keep taking weight off every week so im excited to get to doing those for body weight... thats why i dont have much intentions to jump in on this yet my brotha

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, not too late to join. You only need to do 153 tomorrow to buy in. Break them up in sets throughout the day.

We def can do this again sometime.

The next challenge I think will be similar to this, but I think I'll be doing doing burpees. I'll start that right after this one ends.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Not too try and sound like a puss or anything but i used to do 18 back in the Corps... shxt i could probably only do like 5 now... so im using that assisted machine and working the way down the weights... monday is 5 sets of 5 reps for chins and wedneday is 4 sets of 8 reps for pull ups... I keep taking weight off every week so im excited to get to doing those for body weight... thats why i dont have much intentions to jump in on this yet my brotha
All I can say is that it comes back FAST! I was doing assisted pullups for a few months and took a 3 month break, the next thing I know I'm doing unassisted sets of 5+ for this competition.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, not too late to join. You only need to do 153 tomorrow to buy in. Break them up in sets throughout the day.

The next challenge I think will be similar to this, but I think I'll be doing doing burpees. I'll start that right after this one ends.
Oh my... 100 Burpees... I would defintely have to split them up during the day... i can do like 15 and im dying

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

You're really trying to kill some people aren't you? :) Those will be intense.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
Im all caught up with those jump pullups... this competition is killing my cool points at the gym.

plus my whole body hurts.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
I dont know what i like to punish myself with more... burpees or 8 count body builders

if you are not familiar with 8 counts they are basically burpees but when you kick your legs out you do a push up and then come back up

some people do burpees with a jump at the end of each rep from the squatting postion... thats how i like to do them

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're really trying to kill some people aren't you? :) Those will be intense.
Hahaha

It's the motived crossfiter in me. I just can't keep him in.

It keeps things fun and interesting as well, having these little goals/challenges.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
I actually intend on doing the crossfit WOTD eventually... do you do them on top of your normal workouts or just the WOTD?

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
do u guys ever do starbursts?

edit: you jump as high as you can.. kick out your legs and reach to 3 and 10 oclock.... military school shhhtuff

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Flawed - I mix things up currently, Crossfit WOD one day, weight fuk another.

Dream - only do starbursts if they are what I have to do during unit training. Burpees are similar.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Naw man they kill my physique... but they taste so good!

LOL just playin... i have no idea what that is
Sure you do, you go from the squat position and jump into the air in a sort jumping jack movement then back to the squat position, repeat.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
Flawed - I mix things up currently, Crossfit WOD one day, weight fuk another.

Dream - only do starbursts if they are what I have to do during unit training. Burpees are similar.
ohhh na, i wasent doing them... i was just asking..

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
I Forgot the I, I only do them...

Does that make sense^ referring to my last post.
lmao... i was like dang.

i tried to look back and see if you had posted a workout routine

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Sure you do, you go from the squat position and jump into the air in a sort jumping jack movement then back to the squat position, repeat.
So its a burpee without kicking your legs out and back in?