100 Day Pull-up Challenge!!! Join Me Starting Monday March 9th

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
and without the push up.
you do a pushup in a burpee? Isnt that a 8 count bodybuilder then?

Ok too much confusion... here is how I have always been told a burpee was performed

squat down hands on ground, kick legs straight back, bring legs back to beneath you to squatting position, explode straight up into a jump... repeat

and I was always told a 8 count was the same thing but with a pushup after you kick your legs out and no jump at the end...

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
away to get in my 33 for the day!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
so done 8,8,6,6,3,3. thats one extra just to make sure! Felt A LOT easier to do today! :D

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I'm sticking with this shit, i have a feeling I'm going to be doing pullups for like 2 hrs in a couple weeks :laugh:

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Only 75 days to go. Haven't heard from a few already. Any guesses as to how many will actually finish?
I'm still in and I'll get pics up of some places I did pulls at over the drive to and from Cali. Had to wait 10 minutes for a group of like 7 kids and their parents to leave a playground one time. I probably looked like a predator waiting for a kid or something.

some people do burpees with a jump at the end of each rep from the squatting postion... thats how i like to do them
Thats how I do it, explode as high as possible. None of this stand up or just barely jump off the ground. That makes it way harder. The jump part takes it out of me but I always strive for max vertical when I do them.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established

Ok too much confusion... here is how I have always been told a burpee was performed

squat down hands on ground, kick legs straight back, bring legs back to beneath you to squatting position, explode straight up into a jump... repeat

and I was always told a 8 count was the same thing but with a pushup after you kick your legs out and no jump at the end...
hahaha.. no... its like a squat jump and when you in the air you make a star shape. almost like a snow angel but in the air

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I HATE 8 counts! Worthless, bad on the spine, and I always get confused...legs split then push up or push up then split legs...haha

Burpee is like you said, squat-kick legs out-then push-up-squat-jump-brings hands together over head.

Here is a video demonstration, follow link

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_Burpees.wmv

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did "Fran" today...

Time: 7 min. 36 sec.

(Fran is sexy, but she always manages to hurt me and this time I just didn't perform like I should have. I promise, I'll nail her hard next time.)

21, 15, 9

95# Thrusters
Pul-ups

So, I got mine today, plus some.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fran? Is that crossfit?
Yeah it's crossfit.

3 rounds
1st round 21 reps of 95# thrusters, 21 pull ups
2nd round 15 reps of 95# thrusters, 15 pull ups
3rd round 9 reps of 95# thrusters, 9 pull ups

Done for time.

Here are some links to videos of it

Fran 1:53, Jason Kaplan - http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFitMontclair_Rhabdo153Fran.wmv

Heavy Fran, Greg Amundson - http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_AmundsonHeavyFran.wmv

Fran, Greg and Annie - http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/fran-greg_annie.wmv

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Here you guys go:

Hopefully that worked out for everyone alright.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
Okay CopyCat I'm in (late, but in none the less)...153 pullups DONE. On to day 18. Not to be on the defensive, but I did 153 full-out pullups close grip...my husband, BigFish80 will vouch for me. Representing the girls till day 100!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Okay CopyCat I'm in (late, but in none the less)...153 pullups DONE. On to day 18. Not to be on the defensive, but I did 153 full-out pullups close grip...my husband, BigFish80 will vouch for me. Representing the girls till day 100!
WOLFPACK!!!

Got my 17 in today, plus 1 for good measure. :)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's some damn motivating stuff right there, I tell ya! :clap2:

I'm adding your name to the list of challenger's in the 1st post.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
That's some damn motivating stuff right there, I tell ya! :clap2:

I'm adding your name to the list of challenger's in the 1st post.
I didn't know there was a list of challengers. I also didn't know that I'm not on it. :rant:

So do you have a regular workout log going on CC?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't know there was a list of challengers. I also didn't know that I'm not on it. :rant:

So do you have a regular workout log going on CC?
My bad, I thought I did add your name. I made the list half way through this thread and must have missed ya. I'll go back and find out when you joined. I'm sort of trying to keep the list in numerical order (I don't know why, just am).

No training log right now, I'm too disorganized and sometimes lazy to. I'm tracking my pull ups, follow the WOD from crossfit.com sometimes and weight fu8k.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
They dont make em like you anymore

The one to the right was Nevada and the other two were at some little park in Santa Clara, CA.
Hey your close to me

Just did 20 on my lunch break :)

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
on wednesday i was playing catch up so i got the 33 in, done them easy at the start of my workout.

Today i got my 17 in. it was a real struggle! i forgot to do them at the start of my workout so it was half way into my workout before i got them done, took me ages lol. sets of 3 :(

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2 sets of 9 for a total of 18 today.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
did mine....

honestly........... i dunno how its gonna be as thing goes on. When we get past, say 40, i dont see many people making it. Im not doubting anybody's strength/drive but its just a matter of recovery. I got some marines in my shop that i have do pullups everyday, and it comes to a point where you gotta have a break......I dunno. I can see being sore from doing 80 pullups one day..... and being like " ffffuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhkkkkkkkkkk...... i gotta do 81 today?!"

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
did mine....

honestly........... i dunno how its gonna be as thing goes on. When we get past, say 40, i dont see many people making it. Im not doubting anybody's strength/drive but its just a matter of recovery. I got some marines in my shop that i have do pullups everyday, and it comes to a point where you gotta have a break......I dunno. I can see being sore from doing 80 pullups one day..... and being like " ffffuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhkkkkkkkkkk...... i gotta do 81 today?!"
that's going to be an issue. hell, when i come off cycle in 10 days, 28 will be an issue.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to try to stick with this until the end but if it interferes with my main lifting too much I'm going to have to drop it. Can't kill my progress for 3 months. So far so good though. I like doing sets of 5-6 to keep the CNS fatigue to a minimum.

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
did mine....

Day 50-100 will really suck. The thing I'm more worried about is getting a huge manly lat spread! So the only reason I may stop in the future is if my biceps and back can't fit into my clothes anymore!

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Day 50-100 will really suck. The thing I'm more worried about is getting a huge manly lat spread! So the only reason I may stop in the future is if my biceps and back can't fit into my clothes anymore!
Unless your on steroids, theres no such thing as a women with too much muscle, I'll bet your significant other would agree. As I'm sure your well aware, women dont get obscenely muscular without the use of 'extra' help.

But I do wonder about the actual ability of our bodys to continue to knock out that many pullups a day, I'm basically sore 24/7 and were only on 19.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bah humbug to all this negative talk

However, this what I was referring to when I was stating in the beginning of the thread that I'm not going to try and do as many consecutive the whole way through. Some days I max out consecutive, some I break up in sets of 3 etc and spread them out through out the day, as well as switch up methods from dead hangs to kipping, to chin ups to neutral grips and so forth. I think complete variety is the key to good progression and to keep from burning out. About 3-8 days after the challenge is when I plan on getting back on the bar and finding out what my true max consecutive pull ups are.

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
Can anyone do one handed push ups yet? I tend to only be able to do them when I see others do it. I like to show off :)
Yeah, with feet spread. Do you mean pull up? I can only do a one handed pullup cheating (using the other hand to pull up holding to my wrist). It's an easy way to win a bet..."Bet you $5 I can do a one-handed pullup."

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
Unless your on steroids, theres no such thing as a women with too much muscle, I'll bet your significant other would agree. As I'm sure your well aware, women dont get obscenely muscular without the use of 'extra' help.

But I do wonder about the actual ability of our bodys to continue to knock out that many pullups a day, I'm basically sore 24/7 and were only on 19.
I know, I know. I'll be fine, if anything because I'm cutting too I'll lose weight but have an unbelievable back for my summer tops and bikini! Yay for me :)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not me

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, with feet spread. Do you mean pull up? I can only do a one handed pullup cheating (using the other hand to pull up holding to my wrist). It's an easy way to win a bet..."Bet you $5 I can do a one-handed pullup."
Me too

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Just got 19, 15 straight then 4 slow & wide as I can grip ones. FEEL THE BURN!

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
19 in, still doing close grip chins. I'll start alternating grips as soon as I can't do them consecutive. 20 is my PR, so I don't want to jinx anything by changing things up.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Fell off the wagon yesterday but hit 37 today. In it to win it!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did mine at the kids park again, but could only do sets of 2-3 because it's raining and the bar is too slick to hold on to.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
7, 6, 7, booyah-chaka

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards