100 Day Pull-up Challenge!!! Join Me Starting Monday March 9th

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I really thought i was gonna be out. I was playing catch up last night but managed to get them all in :)

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I really thought i was gonna be out. I was playing catch up last night but managed to get them all in :)
I dont know how you guys are playing catchup, I'm dying as it is. :chinese:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm catching up day 40, 41, 42, and 43. Long weekend of drinking with old military buddies. God, I need not to let this happen again. Did a little over 50 this morning, will do about 50 after lunch, the rest after work. Really, it'll all be sort of continuous.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i done 85 today, sets are getting higher in reps :)

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
so far we've done at least 935 pull ups since the start. Almost at our first thousand! C'MON!! :drillsergeant:

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
I am on a business trip in Parsippany, NJ and visited a local gym yesterday. Now I'm getting props from the senior citizens for my pullup ability!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am on a business trip in Parsippany, NJ and visited a local gym yesterday. Now I'm getting props from the senior citizens for my pullup ability!
Tell me that don't put a :D on your face

Remember everyone, we get to repeat this with Burpees when were done :usa1:

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Tell me that don't put a :D on your face

Remember everyone, we get to repeat this with Burpees when were done :usa1:
I was an exact definition of a burpee by your standards... i think they may have been different then mine

Start in the standing position
Squat down
Place hands on floor
Explode legs out behind you
<Insert if we are doing a push up or spreading legs>
Bring legs back to squat position
Explode upward into a jump off the floor
Repeat

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Caught up again - 44. It's the recovery from every day in a row that's killing me now, but I am noticing improvements.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
good article, as well as being related to what we're doing.

http://humanmachine.wordpress.com/2007/06/22/grease-the-groove-for-strength/
Pavel and his grease the groove is awesome and obviously this challenge has it's bases in it. The Marines are also a prime example of it. Pull up bars are everywhere on USMC bases and Marines are on them all the time for no good reason. The results are a community whom are far above average on pull ups. When ever I get around to finishing my guide to pull ups I will be reference Pavel and his grease the groove among others with a bunch of good tips/tricks and methods.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was an exact definition of a burpee by your standards... i think they may have been different then mine
I want to use Burgener's burpee standards for form (see explanation below)

One
Start with hands on the ground in front of your feet. Keep your back straight.

Two
Kick feet out behind you into the top of the push-up portion of the burpee. Your body should be straight and tight in a flat plank.

Three
Lower your body into the lowest part of a push-up. Your chest and thighs should ultimately touch the ground at the same time. Remember to keep your whole body, especially your midline, tight. While throwing your body on the ground and therefore touching both chest and thighs to the ground is acceptable by some standards, I feel that more is to be gained from doing a strict push-up in this Challenge.

Four
Push up into the top of the push-up position again.

Five
Jump your feet up to your hands into your starting position.

Six
Jump into the air and clap your hands overhead so that your ear is exposed in front of your arms. Your feet should leave the ground.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Tomorrow i will be doing 145 pull ups :( Damn catch up!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tomorrow i will be doing 145 pull ups :( Damn catch up!
Hahahaha, that happened to me this last weekend, for 3 days. Sucks, but when that happens it makes me want to do this even more.

*The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday*

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I did my 49 today, but sad to say this will be my last day :( I just cant keep up anymore, its taking me all day to do these.

Best of luck to you guys, I drop by try and motivate you crazy bastards that are still left.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At least do day 50!!!! and say you made it half way. I was thinking, you could do 50 tomorrow and then drop back down to day 1 and continue to follow along with us. When whoever is left hits day 100, you'll be hitting day 50 x2. It would allow for some good recovery time and I would be interested in how it feels for you going through it again. All other rules would still apply.

How about it? Instead of ending it, just modify it.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On another note, I'm going into the field for training tomorrow for a few days. Hopefully I can find something to do my pull ups on or I'll have a crap ton to do when I get back. I don't know the area we I am going to, but we'll be doing military over urban terrain (MOUT) training, which means there will be training buildings and that means maybe there will be something I can hang onto.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i killed my lats on friday. they're still sore - no way can i continue doing this and recover from tearing my back down. i'll man up and say i pussied out.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i'm finding it really hard aswell. I done over a 100 last night to catch up. my forearms,bi's and lats were pumped like hell, took me half an hour. but i don't think i can keep it up much longer :(

If i do 89 today thats me caught up!

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
We've all got different fitness goals, so if the pullups are interrupting your plans then I can't blame you for quitting. Lucky for me, I've worked it out so I can continue for awhile longer. Well see when we hit the 70s!

Good luck, guys.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Its the fact that i gotta do them at the gym, park is just too far away if i've no time :( I've scouted my back garden for a good tree but they're all crap lol. Might see about getting a bar for my house!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
ok so i've got 38 to go to finish up with 51. caught up the last 2 days plus some more. arms are burning! I'm still in though :D took me an hour to do just over 100 lol

c'mon guys we can do it!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
arms are so sore :(

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
anyone else still in? i'm totally caught up now. 89 was my goal for today but i was doing sets of 10 so i just done 100 :)

I'm going to make sure i get the coming days in all at once, catching up is just painful!

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i completely and utterly failed this challenge...

but!!!

I can do 40 pullups now because of it, where as when I started I could only do 5.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i can easy do sets of 10 now :) chuffed!

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I was out of town on the weekend with no ability/time to do them. I'll have to find out the #'s I missed for Sat/Sun/Mon. I did 80 on Tuesday, not knowing how many I needed that day nor how many to catch up. (It's on my computer at home).

Not sure if I can go on, unless I spread my catch-ups through the rest of the week up to the weekend. Getting extremely tough for me. Due to my schedule atm, I haven't been able to spread them out either and have to do them in a short span of time.

On a good note, I did do 30 in a row yesterday (utilizing kip ups, not locking out my arms and bouncing momentum, lol).

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just got out of the field, been shooting for the past 3 days. I managed to find the side edges of stair/ladders and crap to do mondays and tuesdays on, but I'm too exhausted to do todays and had no time. :( All the Marines I was think I'm nuts now, hahaha because on our breaks and down time I would be doing my sets instead of chiling. They all want me to come to there unit, kick there Corpsman's ass and be theirs. Hahaha, makes a guy feel good inside you know.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Missed the last two days, 153 today! already got 110 done!!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
got my 53 in for thursday. sets of 10 :)

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
I think I'm going to buy a pull up bar for the door way at home. I think that will make it easier to do them in the morning before I hit the field and then save my workout for later. Someone told me they're only $19.99 at Walmart, does anyone know?

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Shame i missed this, i would love to play along....

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
is this still goin on? Just got back into the forums.. checking some new things out If it is still going is it to late to jump in.. i'll be fresh meat and try to hang like the big dawgs =)

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I think I'm going to buy a pull up bar for the door way at home. I think that will make it easier to do them in the morning before I hit the field and then save my workout for later. Someone told me they're only $19.99 at Walmart, does anyone know?
I got mine for around that same price at a fitness store, but I'm up in Canada.

If yours is anything like mine, I recommend some extra foam padding for where the padded bars press against the door frame. I'm using pipe insulation. I left some indents on there, although you might not have the same problem since you're a 'little bit' lighter than me ;)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I bought the Iron Gym from Bed, Bath, and Beyond for 28 or 30 bucks. I've been quite pleased with it.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
is this still goin on? Just got back into the forums.. checking some new things out If it is still going is it to late to jump in.. i'll be fresh meat and try to hang like the big dawgs =)
Join in man. Rules are in the first post.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
today i'm playing catch up from yesterday :(

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
so today is day 55 guys!

In the last 2 weeks i've really noticed my upper body strength increasing.

Also my chest feels a lot stronger, i dunno if this has anything to do with hitting pull ups hard. Doesn't a stronger back increase your bench? Hit a PR on dumbbell flat bench :)

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
109 done!

last 20 were hard but i got them out!

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I missed out on this challenge, sigh...

... or is it still going on? I may join in, sounds intense :whip:

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
Thats sup.. im reading the rules now and im jumping in to see were i stand! Also head to the store to get me that pull up bar! thats the only way i will be able to keep up?

any 1 gonna start a push up day as well to match the pullups =P

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thats sup.. im reading the rules now and im jumping in to see were i stand! Also head to the store to get me that pull up bar! thats the only way i will be able to keep up?

I'm going to start a 100 day burpee challenge after this. Basic outline is going to be the same as the pull-ups. I'll post the probable standards for the burpees below. Youll' be getting your push ups in don't worry and like they say be carefull of what you wish for, you may just get it. HAhahaha

Stay tuned for it. Full details to include pics for demonstrations will be in the 1st post of the burpee challenge when it starts. Starting date? Shortly after this ends.

I want to use Burgener's burpee standards for form (see explanation below)

One
Start with hands on the ground in front of your feet. Keep your back straight.

Two
Kick feet out behind you into the top of the push-up portion of the burpee. Your body should be straight and tight in a flat plank.

Three
Lower your body into the lowest part of a push-up. Your chest and thighs should ultimately touch the ground at the same time. Remember to keep your whole body, especially your midline, tight. While throwing your body on the ground and therefore touching both chest and thighs to the ground is acceptable by some standards, I feel that more is to be gained from doing a strict push-up in this Challenge.

Four
Push up into the top of the push-up position again.

Five
Jump your feet up to your hands into your starting position.

Six
Jump into the air and clap your hands overhead so that your ear is exposed in front of your arms. Your feet should leave the ground.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

I'm down for push ups as well, last year I would do a 100 at a time and sometimes do thousand a week. But that was last year haha.