Today 9-23 5's week cycle 2

Current weight at 4:45am was 231 wtf?

Preworkout gameday 1 scoop
Intra bcaa\saa

5 min elliptical

Foam rolling legs and back
LaCrosse ball smash all tight spots
Stretching

After carefull consideration I decided to cut some weight from my squat to work on depth and form

Warmup barx10 105x5 135x5 165x3
Working sets 175x5 205x5 225x10 205x5 175x10

Front squat
105x10x5

Hyperextensions
20x5

Landmine 180's
80x10x5

No cardio pressed for time today

Foam rolling at home

Stress at work today then traffic jam on the way home lead to crappy day at the gym i felt really good but was pissed at the world lol

Front squats are still really uncomfortable to me cant get it to rest right

Landmine 180s were good ive done them in the past but moved away from them for some reason

Thats all I got thanks for reading

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Today 9-24 cycle 2

Current weight at 4:45 am was 228 (thats more like it)

Preworkout 1\2 scoop gameday 1 scoop condense

Intra bcaa\saa

5 min treadmill
LaCrosse ball smash shoulders back
Stretching

Bench press 5's
Warmup barx10 85x5 105x5 125x5
Working sets 135x5 155x5 175x7 155x5 135x10
Banded pullaparts between every press set under and overhand

Incline db press
65x8x4 65x5

Kroc rows
65x10-15x5

Behind the head db tricep extensions
30x10x4 35x10

Good workout today, no real issues except when pressing sometimes when pressing up one arm will get ahead of the other a bit got to work on that

Decided that on first and last set no more then 10 no matter what

Other then preworkout cardio I think im going to ditch cardio after and see what happens been doing cardio for a year straight in one form or another

Foam rolling at home

That all I got thanks for reading

capo180

Awards
  • Established
dont worry if your weight moves up and down a bit day to day.. as long as its trending down and not trending up. i usually only weigh myself like twice a week, cause really you only want to lose like a pound a week or so, its hard to see that on a daily basis..

good work though man!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Yea I dont worry about it too much ive lost over 160lbs so far like u said as long as its not going up it was 227 this morning I give it another week then im going to cut another 100 calories

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
9-26 cycle 2 5's week

Current weight at 4:45 am 226.5

Preworkout 1\2 scoop gameday 1 scoop ignite2
Intra bcaa\saa

10 min cardio
LaCrosse ball smash shoulders\legs
Stretching shoulders and legs

Deadlift 5's
Warmup step deficit 135x5 155x5 185x3
Working sets 205x5 235x5 265x8 235x5 205x10

Superset
One leg DB good mornings with lungs
Both two 20 lbs DB 8x4
25lbs 8x1 per side

Standing cable crunches
110x5x10

Great day today, legs feel like jello
One legged DB good mornings were hard to balance at first but got easier with each set

Tomorrow is a day off plus my birthday turning 32 really wish I would have decided to change my life and get into lifting at an earlier age

Foam rolling at home with laCrosse ball smash

Watch Ironman 3 lol

Thats it for today thanks for reading

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice work out man! That single leg stuff is killer. I wanna add back single leg Romanian deads soon. I always do quad dominant exercises single legs already though.

I know that feeling of wishing to get into this quicker. Better late then never though!

I wanna see iron man 3 myself! And happy early birthday man!

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
I belive I read it somewhere in jim's book the he did it to help with bar travel and less pressure on the shoulder

Not really confident in my form on any of my lifts thought it mite help
he talked about using the false grip for the Over Head Press not flat BP.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Nice work out man! That single leg stuff is killer. I wanna add back single leg Romanian deads soon. I always do quad dominant exercises single legs already though.
Im just trying different things out to see what works and helps boost the main lift for some reason my squat keeps suffering one week ill to great next ill tank

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Im just trying different things out to see what works and helps boost the main lift for some reason my squat keeps suffering one week ill to great next ill tank
Hmm maybe the recovery...

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
I got to be honest here I am afraid to eat cause I dont want to go back to the way I was
Been dieting for over a year now id like to hit 200 before going back up some

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
I know u cant gain strength with out eat though hard choice to make

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Think about adding in some BCAAs inbetween the meals then. Just get something flavored and you'll enjoy it too. No biggie man.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is recommend modern BCAA for value and leucine content.

Also, make the meals count...like if it makes you feel better eat big after the workout as your muscles are primed to receive nutrients. I know a guy who only has cheat meals on leg days(messy ass meals) and still is very lean. He is a physique guy.

Just throwing out some ideas. Also check the nutrition section here in the weightless category. Very smart guys in there.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
It's funny u recommend that cause I just picked up a tub of complete for the stretch of 5 hrs at work where we dont eat and I head home for dinner

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's funny u recommend that cause I just picked up a tub of complete for the stretch of 5 hrs at work where we dont eat and I head home for dinner
That's good stuff too. It has the whey hydroslate. Plus the LCLT in it help recovery as well. That could help you out man.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Good day today, good birthday, legs have been sore all day but feel strong not like yesterday after the workout where I didn't think they would support me lol

Tomorrow after sons soccer game is OHP day looking forward to it think its going to be a good one

Took couple doses of bcaa's between meals total 2 servings going to see if this will make any impact on recovery and workouts

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
9-28 cycle 2 5's OHP

Current weight 9 am 231

Preworkout condense\ gameday
Intra bcaa\saa

7 min elliptical

Foam rolling legs, back and shoulders
LaCrosse ball smash same as above
Stretching shoulders and legs

Military press
Warmup barx10 65x10 85x5 105x3
Working sets 115x5 125x5 145x6 125x5 115x10
Banded pullaparts over and underhand between all sets heavy band

Chins
90 off bodyweight 8x5

Facepulls
105x10x5

Superset
Close grip bench press with hammer curls
155x8x5
Hammers
45x8x5

No cardio

This workout was great, ate a good meal beforehand It just felt good not much else to say

Thats all I got sorry for it being so short lol

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
9-30 3's week cycle 2

Current weight at 4:45 am 231

Preworkout 1\2 scoop gameday
Intra bcaa\saa

7 min elliptical

LaCrosse ball smash tight spots
Stretching

Squat
Warmup barx5 105x10 135x5 165x3
Working sets 186x3 215x3 245x5 215x3 185x8

Front squat
115x ??? See comments

Hyperextensions
35lbs plate 10x5

Hafe-kneeling cable anti-rotation press
30x10x5

Comments
Ok still cant get front squat right maybe got a few good reps but most were fail crushed my throat once. ive watched so many vids on this it I lost count
I had to call it or I was going to throw the barbell across the room
Other then that everything else was great been feel really good the past few days just feel light on my feet cant explain it

Looking to crush bench press tomorrow

If anyone has some tips or solid alternatives to front squat let me know I may just go back to zerchers

Thats it thanks for reading

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Bummed out no gym past 3 days working 12's may have to work 8 10 or 12 tomorrow
Debating either to start this cycle over, start the week over or go the next 5 days straight not sure what to do
Really hate it when my plan get f'ed up

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bummed out no gym past 3 days working 12's may have to work 8 10 or 12 tomorrow
Debating either to start this cycle over, start the week over or go the next 5 days straight not sure what to do
Really hate it when my plan get f'ed up

That sucks man, I hate when schedules get f'd up. I personally wouldn't do the 5 days straight though. Add that to long work shifts and I would feel really beat up.

You could do the 2 or 3 day routine to catch up. I.E. deads and press same day, squat and bench, and then do just little assistance...or a a 3 day type template. This week I am a day short so I will either do deads and press or just leave out the press for one week. Lots of options.

CaptForest

CaptForest

Awards
i am stealing a couple things from this for sure. Great stuff

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd recommend to continue where you left off.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks for the input found out working sat too ill figure something out maybe I will double something up

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Well at least I can go flat 50 this week now all I got to do is decided what to spend my extra money on, the truck I just got or supplements namely xgels hard choice

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Well this week is finally done after 5 12's and a 10 hr day. haven't had a week like that in a while but there is some good new my belt came

ForumRunner_20131005_231206.png

Cant wait to try it out but it will have to wait till 5-3-1 week bummer o well it will be a nice addition to the gym bag for now

Going to start 3's week over dont see any harm in that it gets the week started off right plus everyone and their mother does bench press on mon

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Im back
10-7 lets try 3's week again cycle 2

Current weight at 3:25 am 226.6

Preworkout gameday
Intra bcaa\saa

Foam rolling
LaCrosse ball smash
Stretching would like to beable to do the splits but dont see that happening anytime soon

Elliptical 7 mins

Warmup barx5 105x6 135x5 165x3
Working sets 185x3 215x3 245x6 one better then last week 215x3 185x8

Hack squats
160 plus sled x8x4 180x8

Back extensions
80x10x5

50x10x5

This session was great it was good to back at it, form was good on all squats no leaning forward like I tend to do
Diet seemed to be on today had a lot more carbs then I usually do, macros worked out to be some thing like 29% pro, 32% carbs, 39% fat
Gave up on front squat for now maybe ill work on it in the future when I get laid off and there isn't 500 people in the gym
wish there was a more powerlifting orientated gym I could go to around here even if it was just for a week

Tomorrow is bench press looking forward to it

Thats it, thanks for reading

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks sean looked it up there arent any close to me but if I had a week off I could drive to one for a week and get some personal training I think it would be worth the trip and cash

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Today 10-8 3's week cycle 2

Current weight at 4:45 am was 223 thats the least I've weighted since I was 16

Preworkout gameday
Intra bcaa\saa

Foam rolling
LaCrosse ball smash
Stretching shoulders mostly
Did some broomsticks today but I try to do them everyday when im at work with a piece of conduit

3's bench press
Warmup barx10 85x6 105x5 125x3
Working sets 145x3 165x3 185x5 165x3 145x10

Incline db press
65x10 65x9 65x8x2 65x5

Kroc rows
95x8x5

One handed cable tricep extensions
40x10x5

Cable curls
80x10x3

Still no cardio

Notes
felt good today need to work on staying tight on bench first couple reps of 185 were a little loose I think i could have gotten a couple more if I didnt fight it at the beginning

Incline db's going to stick with 65's till I get 10 on all sets then move up

Going to up my carbs more on workout days was only 30% today going to shoot for 40

That's all I got thanks for reading

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Solid workout man. Sometimes taking a second and a deep breath and settling the weight before dropping it will help the first few by getting you tight. Like I said, solid workout regardless.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Today 10-10 3's cycle 2

Current weight at 4:45 am 224.5

Preworkout gameday
Intra bcaa\saa

Elliptical 5 mins

Foam rolling
LaCrosse ball smash hit shoulders hard they get really tight on DL
Stretching

Deadlift 3's
Warmup 135x5 155x5 185x3
Working sets 215x3 245x3 275x8 245x3 215x10 all touch&go normaly how I do it

Roman deadlift
135x8x2 155x8x3

Lungs
45lbs plate in each hand 45 total each side

Standing cable crunches
105x20x3

Notes
Deads were good caught myself pulling with my back so fixed that quick

Romans were ok nothing special there

Lungs I hate them but I understand the value of them so I work through it

Since I started this log and training in this manner ive noticed a lot of positive changes in body composition and strength.
Strength is still increasing not as fast as I would like but what can I expect for keeping my calories towards the low end. Right now im at 2900 a day and 224 lbs I was thinking I may kick it up to 3k or 3100 would like to get to 200lbs before I start really eating more for strength

Thats all for today thanks for reading

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look into carb cycling. I'm not huge on diet. I suck at losing weight. Carb cycling helped me out though. There's numerous articles on T-Nation. It's pretty simple.

Lunges do suck indeed, I agree. Try different variations to keep you motivated. I've grown fond of stationary rear lunges.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So would DL and squats be highs and OHP and bench press be moderate is that how I should work it? Seems like it

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Depends. Keep the 2 high carb days on your weakest links.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
No gym today going to start my carb cycle today with a low carb day I have yet to decide what 2 days I will do high carb I know one will be squat think the other will be bench press since I feel my bench is pathetic lol
Seeing as I dont eat grains other then exekiel bread im going to be eating a lot of sweet potato puffs and fruit unless someone has any good additions

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Today 10-12 3's cycle 2

Current weight 224

Preworkout gameday 1\2 scoop
Intra bcaa\saa

Foam rolling
LaCrosse ball smash
Stretching shoulders

Elliptical 7 mins

So there was a guy at the military press rack so this is what I did while I waited

Calf machine
350x15
One leg at a time 255x15x3
650x12

DB curls
25x10x5

Military press
Warmup barx10 65x10 95x10 105x3
Working sets 115x3 135x3 155x5 135x3 115x10

Facepulls
50x20x4

Assisted chins
80 off BW 5 sets of 8

Close grip bench press
135x10x4 135x7

No cardio

Notes
Good workout other then waiting I didnt really want to do anything that would compromise my lift so that why I did what I did

Moderate carb day today, yesterday was low tomorrow will be low as well

Thats all I got, thank for reading

capo180

Awards
  • Established
yeah i go to a small gym, so i feel it on the waiting thing. good work on military press man! carb cycling is the way to go for weight loss man.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
My gyms not really small but they on have 2 military press stations and the one sucks, the seat is too high

Woke up this morning to a nice surprise, I weighted in at 220 even made me pretty happy only 20 lbs to go before I switch gears and up my calories of strength

Tomorrow starts 5-3-1 week and first high carb day bought a bunch fo fruits and higher carb vegetables to eat well see how it goes

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Today 10-14 5-3-1week cycle 2

Current weight at 9 am 220.4

Preworkout gameday
Intra bcaa\saa

Elliptical 7 mins

Foam rolling
LaCrosse ball smash
Stretching, a lot of stretching

Squats 5-3-1
Warmup 105x8 135x5 165x3
Working sets 205x5 225x3 255x4

Hack squats
180+sled x10 230x10x3 270x10

Back extensions
90x15x5

60x10x5

Notes
Ive made some changes on my squat lowered the bar a bit, it seems that before it was too high and when I would remove it my lower back would lose its tightness doing this has seemed to help with form quite a bit
Next moved my feet in a bit these changes have help my depth and I feel more pressure on the back outsides of my feet instead of the front

Diet
First High carb day since starting carb cycling tomorrow is bench I plan on this to be my second high day haven't noticed anything special yet but its only been 3 days on it so can expect an amazing change

Cardio
Going to start up limited hiit cardio on bench and OHP days so twice a week we'll see how it goes. only 20 lbs to go

Think I need some wrist wraps anyone know of some good ones? Been getting some numbness in my 3 middle fingers this happens mostly at night and sometimes while holding like forks a knifes could just be that im sleeping on it wrong

Thats all I got, thanks for reading

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Think I need some wrist wraps anyone know of some good ones? Been getting some numbness in my 3 middle fingers this happens mostly at night and sometimes while holding like forks a knifes could just be that im sleeping on it wrong
Wrist wraps like you use for benching, right? I use 80cm wraps from EFS and really dig them. I've not shopped around extensively to look for better prices, but I got them on sale anyways so it was a good deal at the time.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Yea for bench,
thanks ill take a look at them i was just trying to get an idea of what everyone was using or if it was even a good idea to start using them

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Anyone read juggernaut 2.0 is it worth buying on Kindle?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
CWS is a pretty smart dude so if you have the coin and it isn't on scribd I'd say can't hurt. Never read the 2.0 yet.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like the book. I can't help but think it's written more for the athlete than the powerlifter if only because he lays out a complete periodized plan with all warmups, conditioning, lifts, and stretches laid out for an athlete but not for a powerlifter. I guess as long as you understand that a powerlifter's main goal is to squat, bench, and deadlift, you can take what he wrote and apply it for yourself and you'll be fine.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Today 10-15 5-3-1 week cycle 2

Current weight at 7:30 am 221.4

Preworkout gameday
Intra bcaa\saa

Elliptical 7 mins

Foam rolling
LaCrosse ball smash back of shoulders\traps and front

Bench press 5-3-1
Warmup barx10 85x10 105x5 125x3
Working sets 155x5 175x3 195x5
joker set 205x3

Incline DB press
65x10x2 65x9x2 65x7

Landmine row
175x5 150x8x4 that is not counting bar weight

cable tricep extensions with rope
75x15 75x10x4 with a drops set to 45 till burnout which wasn't a lot
Pullaparts between sets about 60

Machine concentration curls
55x10x5

Hiit cardio
Row machine 5 min Warmup 30 sec on 30 off for 8 intervals

Notes
Bench press
Today was awesome felt strong was going to try for 225 but didn't want a repeat of last 5-3-1 week where I crushed myself lol

Landmine row
Really like doing these always feel it in my back afterwards

Incline DB press
These are improving steadily upped each set by at least 1

Not working this week so thats why I was asking about the book just something to read and learn something new
im hook on powerlifting now if I could just get my power up lol

thats all I got hope it continues to be a good week thanks for reading

Edit: added in row machine under cardio and pullaparts