17 weeks out !!! Let's do it !!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I miss football, my son injured his back years ago and that ended a very promising career.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes it looks like you are in your log. I'm only on 2 different supps right now, well not including t3 ;)
How is the t3 I'm liking mine but might run 3 weeks than back off since weight is peeling off. I wan to grow into my show

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
How is the t3 I'm liking mine but might run 3 weeks than back off since weight is peeling off. I wan to grow into my show
Not bad. Only running 25mcg a day right Moe.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
210 , so down a lb or two. 1 st pic last sat. This morning is second pic.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can really see those 1, 2 lbs though, very successful week and you are already ahead. Keep going though, stay ahead not time to cruise yet.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I can really see those 1, 2 lbs though, very successful week and you are already ahead. Keep going though, stay ahead not time to cruise yet.
Thanks DreamWeaver. I think dropping the whole milk and burger will make a difference this coming week also. And yes I plan on keeping very strict and trying to stay ahead of the game. Funny you should say that though. I took my wife to a frozen yogurt shop last night while we were out. They had every topping you could imagine from pecans to reeses, which you put on your self. It is set up like a buffet with the toppings. Well I didn't get any at all for me and had told my brother that. His reponse? 'No pat on the back, you are prepping' :( At least he is honest and will keep me in line...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I cut out all dairy now except my protein powder which is only after workouts and it's a blend. The powder goes at about 12 weeks out though. Dairy has me watery looking so want to clan that up. I am still having a bit of ground beef, some turkey sausage and lean steak which I may keep for a while. The sausage and ground beef will disappear around 12 weeks and will be replaced with fish and white turkey meat ( fresh). I may go buffalo on the lean sirloin about 8 weeks out. It's not bad really.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Just got off the phone with my my "help" for this show. Changed a few minor things again in my diet. Changing up the times I am having my meals to work more around my workout times. Plus going over what "supplements" I will be adding in soon.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Just got off the phone with my my "help" for this show. Changed a few minor things again in my diet. Changing up the times I am having my meals to work more around my workout times. Plus going over what "supplements" I will be adding in soon.
Whats the eating schedule look like now?

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Legs again today. Started out lighter and worked up in weight.

Calf raises on smith machine-
135 x 25
225 x 20
315 x 15

Squats-
225 x 20
275 x 18
315 x 15 VIDEO should of went a little deeper than I was after watching the vid

Leg curl-
100 x 20
140 x 12
180 x 7

[video=youtube;7Sbd66i8lqI]https://youtu.be/7Sbd66i8lqI[/video]

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Meal 1: 6 eggs, 2 ezekial bread, 2 tbs jelly, 2 tbs coconut oil

Meal 2: 2 scoops protein, 1.5 cup oats, water

Meal 3: 8oz chicken, 1.5 cup rice, 1 cup broccoli (1.5 hours preworkout)

50g karbolyn

Meal 4: 8oz chicken, 8 oz sweet potato, 1 cup broccoli (within 1 hour post workout)

Meal 5: 6oz tilapia, 1 cup broccoli (prebed)

Cals 3,703 F 112.6 C 331.9 P 333.7

Main thing we did was got rid of one protein/oat shake and upped my P/C for each meal and also added fish back in for my last meal.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Pulled a stupid last night. Went out with my wife to a big party. Mud volleyball, bbq, pool, DJ, dance, lots of beer. Told her she could drink so I stopped and bought a big bottle of water to carry around. Welll, the longer we were there the more I was convinced just to have a beer. Then 2, then 3, then....way to many !! Drank a lot of water when we got home so I don't feel to bad today, but I knew better, I shouldn't have drank at all....

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pulled a stupid last night. Went out with my wife to a big party. Mud volleyball, bbq, pool, DJ, dance, lots of beer. Told her she could drink so I stopped and bought a big bottle of water to carry around. Welll, the longer we were there the more I was convinced just to have a beer. Then 2, then 3, then....way to many !! Drank a lot of water when we got home so I don't feel to bad today, but I knew better, I shouldn't have drank at all....
Did it help you drop some water at least? I'm down another .5lbs. T3 and tren really doing a number come see the calf vascularity I just posted up leg pics

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Did it help you drop some water at least? I'm down another .5lbs. T3 and tren really doing a number come see the calf vascularity I just posted up leg pics
Weight didn't change my weight any, but do look leaner.. I'll check it out.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Arms, abs and cardio tonight

Barbell curls-
80 x 6
90 x 6
100 x 6
110 x 6 x2

Close grip pin press-
225 x 5
245 x 5
275 x 5
295 x 5
305 x 5

Rope grip hammer curls-
110 3 x 15

Single arm rope pushdowns-
3 x 15

Cable crunches-
140 x 20
160 x 20
160 ----- CRAMP !!!! I quit here !! haha

DB side bends-
3 x 20

12 min HIIT on elliptical crosstrainer

Worked up a good sweat and actually felt good doing cardio tonight. Tomorrow is an off day but have my first client to train and will do 40mins LISS cardio so I will be at the gym a lot tomorrow evening.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Legs again today. Started out lighter and worked up in weight.

Calf raises on smith machine-
135 x 25
225 x 20
315 x 15

Squats-
225 x 20
275 x 18
315 x 15 VIDEO should of went a little deeper than I was after watching the vid

Leg curl-
100 x 20
140 x 12
180 x 7

[video=youtube;7Sbd66i8lqI]https://youtu.be/7Sbd66i8lqI[/video]
Still looked great bro! made it look easy, you got close enough to breaking parallel it still had to be for the best!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Ya you see guys who go ass to the grass on squats and I'm ok with that, I just don't feel the need to go that low to build my legs up. I don't PL, and as long as my legs continue to grow, that is all that matters to me ;)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya you see guys who go ass to the grass on squats and I'm ok with that, I just don't feel the need to go that low to build my legs up. I don't PL, and as long as my legs continue to grow, that is all that matters to me ;)
:) that's it

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Exactly! you can always do lunges and leg presses and all that fun stuff if you wanna target those really deep and hard to get fibers in the glutes and hammies, but your going deep enough that your using it all regardless! and if it works, it definitely don't need to be fixed!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Late

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
No weights today. 38 mins low intenstity cardio.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Don't let the drinking hiccup mess with your head. You did it, it made you feel guilty, don't do it again. Other than that is not going to effect your prep negatively. You have plenty time, are in great shape and it was just once. You are looking great by the way! Your back is very impressive!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Don't let the drinking hiccup mess with your head. You did it, it made you feel guilty, don't do it again. Other than that is not going to effect your prep negatively. You have plenty time, are in great shape and it was just once. You are looking great by the way! Your back is very impressive!
Thanks MrKleen73. The wife and I don't get out very often so it was just to tempting. I knew better though as you said, so it's straight forward from here on.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yea dont worry about it the other day I tried to convince team I needed krispy kreme

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Went light first today. Hit 225 on my bench and then my reps went downhill quick haha

Flat BB bench-

225 x 20
255 x 7
275 x 4

Reverse grip pull-ups- weighted
25# 3 sets 6

Bent over bb rows-
275 x 10
185 x 20

Seated shoulder press machine-
130lbs 20,20,17

DB V-rows-
35's 3 x 15

15 min HIIT on Elliptical crosstrainer

Going to leave my diet as is for the rest of the week and 20 HIIT each cardio day and see where I am Saturday. Looking a little leaner in the mornings but the scale isn't moving so that is a good thing.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Yea dont worry about it the other day I tried to convince team I needed krispy kreme
Haha, ya I am working 2 different jobs right now, one being a convenience store. You know how hard it is to NOT eat crap food there?? Pizza, cookies, doughnuts, etc etc !!!

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha, ya I am working 2 different jobs right now, one being a convenience store. You know how hard it is to NOT eat crap food there?? Pizza, cookies, doughnuts, etc etc !!!
Yep I'm working a new job and they keep cookies cereal mini candy bars soda,all stocked for free. I be passing by to get water and just want to grab stuff

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm moving to Hitt 5x a week after work. Just 15 min. It's like 3 rounds my body really responds welll

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep I'm working a new job and they keep cookies cereal mini candy bars soda,all stocked for free. I be passing by to get water and just want to grab stuff
that would be hard as hell... iron will!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Last meal for today. Tilapia and broccoli.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Fish looks good actually!
Wasn't to bad, I will probably switch cod or haddock just because I get tired of tilapia quick.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't compete but I don't see drinking as a big deal unless you're drinking calorie heavy drinks.. I always wake up leaner it seems like after a night of drinking. I'm also still drinking one or two nights a week on my cut but fitting it in my calories and getting enough protein. But again, I'm not competing..

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I've drank as you said , a few nights a week while cutting also. Right now we are playing with my diet and cardio to see how my body is responding and just don't want any unnecessary variables....don't get me wrong though, I'd love to have a beer right now haha.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
They're finally growing.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've drank as you said , a few nights a week while cutting also. Right now we are playing with my diet and cardio to see how my body is responding and just don't want any unnecessary variables....don't get me wrong though, I'd love to have a beer right now haha.
That makes sense.. I try to keep it to vodka and club soda or other diet drinks while cutting. But if you get me to the lake there will but tons of beer.. Lol it's inevitable.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man I might be looking at cutting through the holidays hope I have the willpower h

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Got my son to go to the gym with me again tonight. We were supposed to do legs but he had football practice a little after we got done so we did arms instead. I will do legs tomorrow night.

Straight bar curl-
80 x 6
90 x 6
100 x 6 x2

Rack lock outs (pin press)-
225 x 5
245 x 5
275 x 5
295 x 5
315 x 5 VIDEO \/ \/ \/ \/

High cable double bi curls-
3 sets 20,20,25

Rope pushdown- 1 set of 50

Didn't get much pump tonight, but started to practice some poses and really got tight. Enough that my right tri started cramping up haha. Need to start working on poses every night and get them down pat so when I hit one it just comes natural and I don't have to think about everything I am supposed to do.

[video=youtube;uu8PjrxymYY]https://youtu.be/uu8PjrxymYY[/video]

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Got my son to go to the gym with me again tonight. We were supposed to do legs but he had football practice a little after we got done so we did arms instead. I will do legs tomorrow night.

Straight bar curl-
80 x 6
90 x 6
100 x 6 x2

Rack lock outs (pin press)-
225 x 5
245 x 5
275 x 5
295 x 5
315 x 5 VIDEO \/ \/ \/ \/

High cable double bi curls-
3 sets 20,20,25

Rope pushdown- 1 set of 50

Didn't get much pump tonight, but started to practice some poses and really got tight. Enough that my right tri started cramping up haha. Need to start working on poses every night and get them down pat so when I hit one it just comes natural and I don't have to think about everything I am supposed to do.

[video=youtube;uu8PjrxymYY]https://youtu.be/uu8PjrxymYY[/video]
Yeah I need to start working on poses and routine every night too

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can wait till you around 12 weeks out if your training volume is still pretty high. I may wait till around 8 weeks but I've been through it quite a few times. 3 to 4 times a week to start is fine.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Posing is a huge piece of it. Make sure you get it down.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
You can wait till you around 12 weeks out if your training volume is still pretty high. I may wait till around 8 weeks but I've been through it quite a few times. 3 to 4 times a week to start is fine.
Posing is a huge piece of it. Make sure you get it down.
Yes I will practice as least 3-4 times a week. Right now I have a hard enough time holding the poses, much less hitting them right everytime :(

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Leg day

Squats- several warm ups sets from 135 to 365 starting with 10 reps a set down to 365 x 2 just to get acclimated to the heavier weight before doing a workign set

405 x 5
365 x 10
315 x 15

Prone leg curls-
180 x 12
140 x 15
100 x 20

Seated leg press SINGLE leg calf raises-
5 sets, not sure how many reps, I just went back and forth between legs until failure on each set ;)

Even though I am hitting legs twice a week the lower volume is letting me recover and I actually believe I am seeing some growth out of them. Cutting and still growing is f'kng awesome !!!! Hope it keeps up :eek:mfg:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes I will practice as least 3-4 times a week. Right now I have a hard enough time holding the poses, much less hitting them right everytime :(
Yah, I start by holding them for 30 seconds and work my way up but at first the 30 seconds has me shaking like a leaf.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
No gym for a few days. Going out of town with the family on a short vaca. Going to the Omaha zoo :)