CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep go for it. + x2 on Sean.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks i was just trying to find away of targeting weak points without interfering with the core of the program I'm already kind of doing it on shoulder day just don't want to get into doing a bunch of different things

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Yeah a pretty good list of things there to improve the press. Tricep strength and shoulder flexibility have been two keys for me.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Back when I first started I injured my shoulder think I had only been at it few months really upset me thought I was done press couldnt even lift my arm in front of me. now I alway do rotator cuff work and warm ups / stretching

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So as I sit here I realized that I have devoted all my time to reading on how to cut fat now I find myself lost on how to go about gaining strength without undoing all my hard earned work

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So as I sit here I realized that I have devoted all my time to reading on how to cut fat now I find myself lost on how to go about gaining strength without undoing all my hard earned work
It won't be hard work gone to waste. It was hard work to put yourself in a good composition to begin increasing muscle mass. Just start increasing calories slowly.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Meh, you've done the hard part. You just have to adjust your diet again to support some gains...

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Starting deload week im going to up calories about 300 and protein to 250g and fill in the rest according to day type fat, medium carb or carb after the first week going to add 100 a week till 3500 then sit on that a while and see what happens. Sound like a good plan?

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Plus im going to cycle off all my supps for that first week too except multi and gut health

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Yeah just up the cals slowly man, 3500 is a good number to get too. The strength comes, being on 5/3/1 you are bound to get stronger.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dude! You look like a TV commercial! Good ****in work.

I hope that's a raw steak you're eating in the first pic.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome work man. That is something to be pretty proud of. :)

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Ok Lucas county needs to lift the lvl 3 snow emergency so the gym can open at noon its 5-3-1 week and I want to get in there and hit it hard

Deak007

Deak007

Awards
Ok Lucas county needs to lift the lvl 3 snow emergency so the gym can open at noon its 5-3-1 week and I want to get in there and hit it hard
I hate Lucas County... LOL what gym you go to?

Deak007

Deak007

Awards
Superfitness for now
Gotcha... I work out at Fitness 4 all... and love it! Open 24 hours... can go to all location except the warehouse... All my fitness needs being attended too!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Do they have a lot of equipment\specialty stuff super has alot of machines and a nice free weight area. I dont want to wait for stuff like squat racks

Deak007

Deak007

Awards
Do they have a lot of equipment\specialty stuff super has alot of machines and a nice free weight area. I dont want to wait for stuff like squat racks
It depends on which you go too... the one on monroe street has the most equipment and dumbbells, followed by the Holland/Sylvania gym, and Levis Commons is the smallest... but if you time it correctly, they are almost always available...

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Monroe is probably packed as hell in the afternoon id go to the one on holand-Sylvania most likely

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks rob sean bolt and deak

1-6-14
Cycle 5
5-3-1 week

Current weight at 8:30 am was 209

Preworkout - uncut
Intra - modern bcaa

5 mins elliptical
Foam rolling
Stretching
Broomsticks
T-spine
Warrior stance
90/90
Some extra ankle mobility stuff

Squat 5-3-1 (sets×reps)
Warmup
Bar×10 135×5 145×5 175×3
Working sets
225×5 255×3 285×4 belt
Joker set
315×2×1
Paused squat 3 count
225×2×3

Front squat
185×3 135×3×3

Hypertension
BW+35#plate 4×10

Kneeling cable crunchs
120×3×20

Leg raises
3×15

Notes
Squats went great 315 felt heavy at first but moved quick had a bit of forward lean on the first one cause I think I tried to rush it /dropped it down to quick

Front squats were OK not really sure if that's a correct count cause my former was all over the place I'm ending up with a pretty wide stance if I try to narrow it I feel like I may fall backwards going to look up some stretch to get my arms in better position

Thats it thanks for reading and your support

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Once again waiting for lvl 3 to be lifted to head to the gym it's -37 and yes there is snow and ice but it's also Ohio/Michigan not like it hasn't happened before frustrating to say the least

Deak007

Deak007

Awards
Once again waiting for lvl 3 to be lifted to head to the gym it's -37 and yes there is snow and ice but it's also Ohio/Michigan not like it hasn't happened before frustrating to say the least
Damn right it's frustrating! LOL I am dying here!

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Awesome progress man!

yeah - the cold is doing a great job of keeping me in bed, instead of hitting the iron & I lift at home... - not to mention the wife's been off work since the cold hit (school job), although we have absolutely no snow...

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So far today im up to 3 movies The Avengers, battlefield Los Angeles and safe house ... on a side note lvl 3 till 11pm so no gym today bs

capo180

Awards
  • Established
nice job on squats. looks almost exactly the same as my squat day did today hahha.. Fronts can be rough man, takes a little bit to get used to em. I used to do a little oly style lifting in highschool so I got pretty proficient at front squats.. being locked down sucks man, happy that we don't got that here well at least not in my county. i think some counties are on level 3 in ohio though.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Lol looks like a copy and paste almost.
Everyone keeps saying how good front squats are im going to get it just takes time and mobility work

Deak007

Deak007

Awards
Lol looks like a copy and paste almost. Everyone keeps saying how good front squats are im going to get it just takes time and mobility work
This level three is killing me! I am dying here stuck inside!

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Functional strength right there!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's a video of a guy successfully doing that actually. I'll try to find it lol

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
1-8-14
Cycle 5
5-3-1 week

Current weight at 5:45 am was 210 yesterday was 208 but had a lot of pizza last night

Preworkout - uncut
Intra - modern bcaa

5 mins elliptical
Foam rolling
Stretching
Broomsticks
T-spine
Warrior stance
90/90
More ankle work
30 pullaparts

Bench press 5-3-1
Warmup
Bar×10 85×5 105×5 125×3
Working sets
165×5 185×3 205×4
Paused press 1 count
175×3×3

Incline DB press
70×8 70×3×6 70×5

DB rows
100×6 110×4×6

Cable Incline tricep extensions
90×15 90×4×10

Notes
Pressing went well till the last rep went up slow and felt my middle of my back pull/tense up I think that what through off my DB press a bit was a bit worried about it but it's good now

That's about it getting excited about finishing this week up then deload and getting back at it with added calories

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Since there has been a lot of talk lately of conditioning do u guy feel I should start right off with some sort off conditioning or hold off a bit and see how things go?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Since there has been a lot of talk lately of conditioning do u guy feel I should start right off with some sort off conditioning or hold off a bit and see how things go?
It'll benefit your lifts and increase your work capacity. That's the main reason why I even bother with it. Not looking completely gross is just a secondary goal. Even just little stuff like farmer walks can benefit you.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
I can do farmer walks with the 150# DB right? Then I was think of making a getto prowler with a step-up platform and some 45#plates and push it across the carpet it will be really low but mite work

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can do farmer walks with the 150# DB right? Then I was think of making a getto prowler with a step-up platform and some 45#plates and push it across the carpet it will be really low but mite work
150's, yup

I made a sled from a tire at work. Used a broken anntennae mount from one of out boats in the center of it and dropped a pole into it to stack weight. I drilled through the tire wall on one quarter, then straight through to the other quarter, and ran a bridle through it. Grab one more line to attatch to the bridge, and drag that bitch.

You can also tug around a wood pallet stacked with weight

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks I'm trying to visualize that in my head lol
going to talk to my father in law and see if he can get a tractor tire from one of his farmer buddys

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks I'm trying to visualize that in my head lol going to talk to my father in law and see if he can get a tractor tire from one of his farmer buddys
I'll get a pic for ya next week lol I suck at explaining

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There are cheap little sleds that wouldn't be too much trouble to carry to the gym. You just throw a plate on them.

But really you could do a lot of things. I think one of the main things to keep in mind is it shouldn't take away from your workouts. If anything your recovery should be greater. If what you do makes, for example, squats harder, than it is working against you in my opinion. That's why my prowler pushes have been light. Strong squat/dead/bench > heavy sleds for powerlifting.

Edit: def start slow and just grow with it IMO

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use gravity. Treadmill as high as the incline will go and walk. You would be surprised.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Prowler and sleds and hills outside. Sprints.

Deak007

Deak007

Awards