Yet another 5-3-1 by Dmax

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
6-7-14
Crew bench
Current weight at 5am have no clue was my son's 4 birthday party so carb nite too so I'm sure it's up

Preworkout-hemavol/tmg/beta-alanine/cla/melatonin/coffee
Intra-compete

Warm-up
Front /side raise /Rotator cuff /band suff
10×a bunch

Bench
Bar×10
95×5
135×5
195×4 big collars
235×3
255×1
280×1 very ugly PR
225×3,3,4,4

Notes
Good bench day worked up to 280 for a single should have gone much better but didn't maintain anything tightness, grip nothing

Now the 225s were great remembered the ques from Chris Duffin lat video and the flew up wish I could have redone the 280 by then would have been way better

The crew did good at senior yesterday jayson and norm qualified for worlds
And Jayson got a bench World Record of 816 one other guy just missed world's by 5lbs

That's it thanks for reading. Dmax

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So I was just thinking back on my carb nite Saturday and it was probably the most conservative night I've had in a while only had
3 slices of thin crust pizza chicken and banana peppers
4×4 piece of cake
1 banana
Small Cookie crumble coffee from Starbucks
2 Russell stovefers (spelling)
Smores snacks

Thats it and for the first time I was actually hungry the next morning
So I'm going to try to keep this more conservative approach along with the increase in protein intake should do good I think

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
5-6 miles of biking tonight tomorrow is lower supplemental work really looking forward to it

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks Sean it was ugly but it got there after jumping back to the 225 I think I finally got how I'm really supposed set up with setting the lats for the first time I feel some confidents going into my next bench session

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So quick question should I be applying the same lat principles to all benching say CGBP or Incline/ decline or even say DB press seems like I should know the the answer to this but I don't sorry

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So quick question should I be applying the same lat principles to all benching say CGBP or Incline/ decline or even say DB press seems like I should know the the answer to this but I don't sorry
It depends, man. You'll have to see what works best for you. Some of these movements, the lat involvement will be easier or harder to get going. Inclines generally take the lats out of the movement just by the bench setup. DBs you can easily vary the lat involvement.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks herder as usual u are a great help to me

6-11-14
Lower supplemental and assistance work
Current weight at 8 am was 217
Preworkout-hemavol/tmg/beta-alanine/cla/melatonin
Intra-compete

Warm-up
7 mins elliptical
Goblet squats
55×a bunch

Front squat
95×5
115×5
135×5
185×5
225×5×5

Sumo deadlift
315×5×5

Good mornings
225×5×5

Rack pulls
445×4×2

Barbell Hyperextenions
100×4×6

Machine leg curls
130×4×amrap

Machine leg extentions
110×4×amrap

Calf Rotator machine
650×4×amrap

Ab work
Stir the pot ss with bird dog ×6
McGill crunchs ×6 10sec holds
Planks with rolling planks 5-6 sets

Notes
Good work today try to kick it back on weight and get more TuT in seemed like it worked well was sweeting to death belt looked like I went swimming in it and I only used it on good mornings and rack pulls

Thats it thanks for reading kick ass AM crew. Dmax

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Good work man. A lot of good volume there.. I gotta get my front squats back going.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good sesh, man. Lotta volume and I must say I like the rep schemes much better.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
DMax, you gonna go from skinny to all muscles with these accessory sessions

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Well I figure if Dan Green and Mark bell can be ripped and strong as **** so can we

Edit:thou I will never be ripped but it give me some to shoot for I guess

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
6-12-14
Upper supplemental and assistance work
Current weight at 8 was 216

Preworkout-hemavol/tmg/beta-alanine/cla/melatonin
Intra-compete

Warm-up
7 mins Arc-trainer
Front\side raise\Rotator cuff
10× a bunch

Banded pullaparts orange band 10×12
Mixed in throughout

2 board press
Bar×10
95×5
115×5
135×3
155×3
Boards addes
190×4×5
195×5

OHP
Bar×10
95×5
115×4×5
120×5

Iso-lat pulldown (side seated)
125×5×5

Iso-low row
130×5×8

CGBP (fat gripz)
95×5
115×5
145×4×5
155×5

Iso-pullovers
70×3×amrap

Superset
Cable tricep pushdown (rope) / cable straight bar curls
55×3×amrap

Cable low fly & high flys
40×3×amrap for both

Side raises
20×3×amrap

Rear delt destroyer

Notes
Had a bit of carpentry before the gym had to quickly put together a 2 board for today

Board press were good going to stick with them a while to see if they are helping with my struggles mid way

Knocked the OHP AND CGBP down to make all my 5×5's then going to work my way back week by week while still doing 5×5

Thats it thanks for reading continue to kick ass AM. Dmax

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Anyone link or post a copy of that chart that has amount of reps per percentages starts with a p I think

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's also a good thread started by Swanson on Pripelin's Chart.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks ill try to find it

I'm trying to get a handle on the way the crew trains right now I just do what they say and I feel like I'm a burden on them

After the meet I want to try to straighten things out just seem too random atm

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jayson didn't pull? I saw him at the XPC Finals, didn't remember his squat or bench, but he pulled HYOOGE, something like 820-840. What's he usually work with in training?

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
He did deadlift think he was 720 raw

Squats he is doing about 1200 with orange bands somewhere around 1050 to 1120 ish without in training and bench it's in the low to mid 900's

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
This may seem dumb but does anyone else find them self practicing there squat when they get up from a chair or couch I do it all the time

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All the time. I also don't bend over to tie my shoes or play with my kid anymore. I squat down like he does!

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That doesn't sound dumb, it sounds badass!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
That doesn't sound dumb, it sounds badass!
Lol

Guess what carb nite Woot

Edit. Blue cheese chips for appetizer, salad 14oz prime rib with blue cheese on top loaded sweet potato

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Haha a coworker seen me pop off my chair at work today.. He was like don't move so fast you might hurt yourself. I was just warming up for squats though lol.

Edit: that steak looks freaking delicious.. I'm so jealous over here with my canned tuna :( haha

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Chicken tuna eggs nuts and salad sometimes steak are my diet 6 days out of the week sitting at 2700 calories a day about 2900 work days and less then 30 carbs it's a bitch

capo180

Awards
  • Established
I used to be low carb at times when I was like 185 and 8% bf or so. I would get into keto and cruise between 30-50 g carb a day. No where near 2900 cals though lol. That would be rough.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
I still got some body fat I want to get rid of its getting to the point where I get a hint of a vien popping out of my forarm which is very exciting for me when u have been as big as I have most my life little milestone like the are great to me

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So typically on carb night I get a flurry from the local ice-cream shop well today aft I ordered I found out u can add whey protein to your shake that will now become standard in all my flurrys

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You like going keto versus just lowering calories and keeping carbs around 180/200g? I ask because I used to be a low carber and now I switched over and lost more fat, kept more muscle and my strength has gone up. Some food for though... You know like a large juicy steak with red potatoes type of food.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
You like going keto versus just lowering calories and keeping carbs around 180/200g? I ask because I used to be a low carber and now I switched over and lost more fat, kept more muscle and my strength has gone up. Some food for though... You know like a large juicy steak with red potatoes type of food.
Not particularly, right when I thought my diet was coming to an end I bought the CNS book went more reverse diet for a bit and decided I still wasn't happy with my gut so I decided to give it a go see what happens been on it for 3 months now got another month till meet and then maybe I'll change a bit. I love carb thou but who doesn't

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
6-14-14
Crew squat and deadlift
Current weight at 6 am was 219

Intra-compete

Warm-up
Goblet squats
55×a bunch
Groin was tight as hell so did some light leg curls help quite a bit

Squat
Bar×10
95×2×6-10
135×5
185×5
225×3
275×3
315×3
355×3
375×3×3

Deadlift
135×5
225×5
315×3
405×1
455×1
475×1 got that bitch finally 10lbs PR

500×0 was spent got maybe 2 inches off no leg drive first time ever touching 500 anything

405×5 rep PR by 1

Ab roller 5×10

Notes
Squat were great tightness was there and speed and depth were good probably some of my best ones yet

Deadlift was excellent couple pr's today I'm happy with. not happy with the 500 at all the guys were like wtf hardly moved one guys said it was mental Jayson said was just spent but it goes that way sometimes that's why we train

That's it, thanks for reading continue kicking ass guys. Dmax

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Nice squatting & pulling man! kicking some serious @ss!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great sesh! Nice volume on squats and nice PR on deadlifts.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Congrats bud. Getting close to 5!
Getting there I looked at it and lifted it slightly lol

Whatever I'm doing in lower day to help my deadlift is working cause went really smooth and was able to drive my hips through

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Getting there I looked at it and lifted it slightly lol

Whatever I'm doing in lower day to help my deadlift is working cause went really smooth and was able to drive my hips through
that front squat/good morning combo does a deadlift good. so close to 500!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
6-15-14
Crew bench
Current weight at at 6 am was 220

Intra-compete

Warm-up
Banded work
Front/side raise
Rotator cuff
10× a bunch

Bench
Bar×10
95×2×5
135×5
185×5
225×3
255×3 pr sort of last time I had help on the 3rd this time no help
285×1pr
Red Slingshot
315×2,3
325×2

Pvc bench
90×2×10

Notes
Good bench day finally getting stuff going
I have a hard time feeling the lat involvement till the weight gets above 225
Then takes a few sets to really start getting them going

285 went way better then 280 last week was still a bit of a grind at the end but no where near as bad as last week

315 wasn't as big as a shock as the first time I put that 440 on my back I thought for sure it was going to be another o **** moment

Body note
This afternoon I feel like I've been run over by a bus sore everywhere especially lower back/hip area

That's it AM thanks for read. Dmax

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Optimistically yes it would seem that way now all I need is the confidence everyone else on here has in there lifting ability to make it a really come meet day then I will have a total and then when people ask me what I do in your spare time I don't have to say I'm a powerlifter sort of lol

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Feeling better laid on the roller for a bit and basically took it easy for today going to go for a bike ride later when it cools down from 90

At the suggestion of one of the guys I'm moving the supplement days up one so tomorrow will be lower Wednesday, upper he thinks I should have 72 hr between ME days and supplemental days. they all bench squat and deadlift more then me so who am I to argue