Yet another 5-3-1 by Dmax

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Just wanted to say thanks to herder for the 2 board bench advice I truly believe this helping a lot with where I was sticking at

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just wanted to say thanks to herder for the 2 board bench advice I truly believe this helping a lot with where I was sticking at
You're welcome, man. Keep at it, it's only going to get better!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Tonight
Light round of ab work
Ab roller 5 sets of 6
With McGill crunchs in between
5 planks 10 sec holds as tight as I can get it without passing out lol

I got to modify my roller thou cause the grips are way to close and I causes me to bind up in the shoulders

Tomorrow headed Cedar Point to ride some kick ass roller coasters first I will be able to ride in 10 years it think should be awesome. Capo I know u know what I'm talking about

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man, I haven't been to Cedar Point in a loooong time.

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Tonight
Light round of ab work
Ab roller 5 sets of 6
With McGill crunchs in between
5 planks 10 sec holds as tight as I can get it without passing out lol

I got to modify my roller thou cause the grips are way to close and I causes me to bind up in the shoulders

Tomorrow headed Cedar Point to ride some kick ass roller coasters first I will be able to ride in 10 years it think should be awesome. Capo I know u know what I'm talking about
Haha man back when I was like 17 me and my buddies got season passes.. Man that was a great summer. I try to go like once or twice a summer now, it's always a good time. Have fun man!

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet dude have fun!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
The point was awsome today rode everything but top thrill dragster and the longest wait was 3/4 of hr. Maverick is by far the best ride there

Side note my buddy brought me up my new gym partner from Florida he thought my training was incomplete so together we are going to work on that lol

ForumRunner_20140623_212659.png

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
6-24-14
Lower supplemental and assistance work
Current weight at 10 am was 219

Preworkout-smash compound 5/tmg/cla/melatonin/Yohimbine hcl
Intra-compete

Warm-up
7 mins Arc-trainer
Goblet squats
55×a bunch

Front squat
95×5
135×5
185×5
210×5
235×5×5

Sumo/conventional deadlift
325×4×3 sumo
325×4×3 conv
Conv was done immediately after a set of sumo

Good mornings
138×5
185×5×5

Rack pulls
455×4×2

Donkey calf raises
490×2×15 500×15

BSS
Bw+40×5×10

Barbell Hyperextenions
125×4×6
135×6

Ab work
Stir the pot / ab roller / bird dogs / McGill crunchs
4×10sec hold on dogs/pot and crunchs
4×5 on roller

Notes
Good day, Forgot I wanted to do conv from a deficit but no biggy, had a lot of pop today with sumo and conv and form was good which is why I was doing the conv today in the first place

I set back my good mornings after watching seans video I had my legs together this time I set them at least shoulder with apart like it much better this way

Thats it thanks for read. Dmax

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
6-25-14
Upper supplemental and assistance work
Current weight at 8 am was 217

Preworkout-smash compound/tmg/cla/melatonin/Yohimbine hcl
Intra-compete

Warm-up
7 mins elliptical
Front/side raise/Rotator cuff
10×a bunch

Ss
2 board bench/kroc rows
Bar×10
95×5
135×5
165×5
2 Boards added
200×5×5
Rows
95×5×6

Ss
OHP/ orange band pullaparts
Bar×10
65×5
100×5
125×5×5
Pullaparts
3×10 underhand 2×10 overhand

Ss
Iso-low row/iso-pullover
140×5×6
Pullovers
80×5×6

Iso-behind pulldown
95×6
Orange bands added
95×2×5
90×2×5

Iso-lat pulldown (side seated)
115×5×5

Ss
CGBP/DB flys
65×5
105×5
135×5
160×5-6×5
DB flys
40×5×5

Sumo shrugs (straps + belt)
315×4×10

Ss
Tricep pushdowns/ez-curls
100×3×amrap with drop set
Curls
60×3×amrap with drop set

Side raises
20×3×amrap

Rear delt destroyer

Notes
Good day had lots of energy to do all that
2 board may have been 205 the bar was a bit thicker then normal but not a big deal.

Really enjoyed the banded pulldowns going to stay with them a while

The sumo shrugs were awsome got a bit light headed on the 3rd set was able to pull it together thou

Figured out that I need to wear my good shoes from now on cause stability was a problem on OHP

Thats it thanks for reading. Dmax
By the way u guys are putting in some great work out there

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Good work man, lots of volume and super setting, stuff i like to see.. I like to wear my weight lifting shoes for over head press, well i wear em for everything. But having a nice hard sole gives you some support. It doesnt take much weight before the sole on an average pair of running shoes will collapse.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
What's a good supplemental move to address a bit of slowness midway up the squat? High box squats?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd assume that's from weak quads and/or glutes. I like Rob's idea on CAT. Accelerate out of the hole faster than you decelerate at the stick point. Box squats (actual box squats, not squatting too a box) would help glute strength, and you're already nailing front squats for quads.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good call Sean on the muscle aspect and box squatting

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks ill look into the box squats. I got good pop out of the hole it's just that midway point is slower then I'd like. I do know a constant problem with me is keeping my elbows under the bar which I think I may have sorted this week on lower day with hand position

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These guys took care of you on your question. Give every rep of your multi-joint movements maximum speed and acceleration. Learning how to "outrun" your weak points is a big part of adding to your total.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Speed is something I really need to focus on after the meet I'm just not sure how u would address it. what do u do just think fast or what? Does it need to light enough so I can focus on the speed aspect is that it?

Side note I hurt from my traps to my ankles I think every muscle

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Throw on a weight that takes maximum force to move fast, and don't slow up at the easy parts of the lift. That's really it man. Probably like the 80% give or take range.

capo180

Awards
  • Established
speed work is all about exploding, be it off the chest for bench, out of the hole for squat, or off the floor for deads.. Just keeping bar speed fast, low reps, lots of sets like 5-8 sets of 2-3 reps. probably at 70-80 percent, its really by feel though.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For me, it's always about treating every weight with the same respect your maxes get. They all get the same amount of force applied to them no matter the weight. You can't lift a heavy weight slow. I understand it best when you ask someone to slowly jump on to a box. If you try to jump slowly, you won't leave the ground.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So I'm getting a bit frustrated with my diet. The goal was to be close to 198 by the meet and I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen at this point without serious strength loss. I can't really complain too much I have see quite a bit of leaning and my strength has gone up a lot but I guess it's just the fact that I still haven't gotten my goal

Sorry just wanted to vent some frustration this morning

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's all good, man. Fat loss without strength loss is an extremely slow process. So be patient! Next meet you can keep dieting and cut water and be a 198. You're getting stronger and your weight is staying the same, that's great news.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
After I really thought about its really not that important (other then self satisfaction) not like I'm going for a record or anything like u said I'll hit hard this meet then when it's over I'll get back to hitting it even harder. as long as I maintain I'll be somewhat happy

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Slow and steady.

Your a Mark Bell fan, you watch the recent PodCast with Layne? If not check it out. Great diet talk and even workout stuff from a great POV.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks rob just watched the video very informative and will definitely be changing some stuff up soon

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Today did a round of abs nothing different then u see in my weekly log

Squats and deads at 730am. May shoot for a overload with orange bands single still up in the Air on that thou

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
6-28-14
Crew squat and deadlift
Current weight at 530 am was 217

Preworkout-met rx nuclear (sucked)/tmg/cla/melatonin
Intra-compete

Warm-up
Goblet squats
55×a bunch

Squat (Texas squat bar)
Bar×10
105×5
145×5
195×5
235×5
285×5
Belt
345×3 wrapless pr?
Belt and wraps
405×3
450×1 boom 10lbs PR
475×1 35lbs PR previous PR was 440 and ugly

Deadlift
135×5
225×5
315×3
405×3
455×1
480×0,0
405×5 ¾ no lock out

Note
I really wasn't sure going into today what was going to happen I haven't singled out on squats since I started training with them but apparently the power was there just didn't know it.
I notice too its all in the wrap job as well I wrapped myself on the 405 trip and it was a struggle for the 3rd but the 450 and 475 flew up
No overload Jayson said I singled what he was planning on taking me too so **** it

Deadlift was all head case and technical errors on the 480 didn't even get it off the floor could have also been I just Pr'ed squat big time

legs are shot I feel it already feel weak but it's carb night so Woot

That's it thanks for reading have a great day. Dmax

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Twelveeee hundooooo! Haha killing it bro

Lol at met-rx

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I reserve the right to change titles to lucky number thirteen hundorella

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks rob I'm definitely going to give it my all. Jayson just wants me to hit some solid numbers that are official that I can work from. the met-rx was a free sample so I figured why not and it was definitely a not I like my compound 5 much better

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Found out today day I like the rhino wraps and overkill wraps much better the my inzers when I get back to work I'm going to order a pair of each and some overkill wrist wraps too

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
thanks bro
I think Sean did send some of monstrous squat with the shoes I bought from him just enough to get my confidence up lol

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks bro I think Sean did send some of monstrous squat with the shoes I bought from him just enough to get my confidence up lol
Well, I'm buying some shoes off him as well. I wouldn't mind a consequential squat increase as well. Ha!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
I have been on the 405 I did but not on the 450 or 475 also was given good advice on how to wrap myself for next time

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Yea I could they aren't super stiff but they have a more cast like feel it's hard to describe the inzer isn't a bad wrap maybe it's the thickness different I feel

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thicker, the rhino's are a bit like inzers but without the rubber and a little stiffer material the overkills are thinner yet about the same stiffness

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmmm I might go with overkill then...if I can find their ****ing website

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Np I got a text into Jayson to find out more information about when the store will reopen

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You tell your friend, and he will tell his friends, and you can be friends

-Puff Daddy