Yet another 5-3-1 by Dmax

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Nice bar man! I'm sore already from this morning deads and such..

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
Good work in here man. OHP can be challenging to progress. But I agree with what people are saying here though. Keep at it and you'll find that groove man. Btw that bar looks dope!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Did some 4 set of 10 ab roller and some planks

Tonight is carb nite so we are going to a Mexican restaurant and to the fair I also stopped by a new store in town that sells organic baked goods and picked up a few thing I'm excited to try it. I should have tons of energy for squats tomorrow

Also I've been adding 100% raw cocoa powder to my shakes twice a day want to see if I get any of them health effects they speak of (epicatechin)

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Mexican food is my Jam. Good work on food choice. Go for a taco PR tonight ma man!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So no taco pr bit I had a jumbo burrito that was massive and barely ate a hafe a taco that's how big it was

Well I know it's only 2 weeks from the meet But I'm bitching out on squats in the am not really feeling it and my lower back has been sore and stiff for at least a month mybe not going for 500 on deadlift and squats with give it a break but man I feel guilty as hell right now

Edit: please someone tell me I'm not making a mistake

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's not a bad idea to do your first meet as a single lift or push/pull. I know a lot of the guys here have done so. I did.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
I'm not skipping the meet just skipping my training session tomorrow is what I feel guilty about is all

capo180

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it's a big deal.. I mean really you could hit some squats/deads sometime during the week to make up for it. Maybe work up to an opener or something.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh! Well shît, being healthy and recovered going into meet day is priority number one.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
I'm one of them people who get a guilty feeling when they call off work

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So my self punishment for not squatting today was 30 mins of HIIT outdoor road biking Warm-up then 8 intervals 30sec on and 30-40 secs off

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So today to make up for my massive over eating I only hand 1oz of almonds a 2 protein shakes and a 10oz Ribeye with asparagus with some coconut oil and I'm not even hungry pretty good imo

Tomorrow is bench and I'm definitely going to that lol

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
7-27-14
Crew bench
Current weight at 5:30am was 220

Preworkout-compound 5/tmg/cla/melatonin/Yohimbine hcl/caffeine/starbucks

Intra-compete

Warm-up
mixture of light pulldowns in front and behind the head/shoulder presses/front and side raises/Rotator cuff

Bench
55×5
105×5
145×5
195×5
225×3
255×2
275×2
300×¾ had help right at the end Damn it!
Slingshot
335×1½ move towards the head so he took it
335×2

Ss
Incline DB press orange band tricep extensions
55×12
60×10
65×8
60×8
55×9
Orange Band extensions
5×12

Notes
Man what a great day just missed the 300 couldn't quite get it to lockout. The 335 sets were good the weight was a shock for a sec but was able to control it well
Absolutely no pain in the shoulders or elbows which is awsome

Thats it, have a great day guys. Dmax

O I tried the overkill wrist wraps today and I am definitely getting a pair of them as soon as I get back to work 100% better them my elitefts set I couldn't believe the difference

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Warning: Overkill sales rep over here! Hahaha. I need something a little better than my Z's in the near future, I'll be giving those a looksee.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Lol if I was a rep I'd have some already..
I can only speak on stuff we use and we got a lot of stuff that's shared and in humble opinion they are great. Just for example I used them on my last set and I was able to wrap my wrist so well it basically held my hand shut

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Good work man! I got elite fts wraps, no complaints yet. But then again I don't work with 300 + pounds :( lol

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks

At the rate your going you'll be reppin 300 before u know it

Nothing wrong with the elite wraps just I like the way u can wrap with the others they are about hafe as thick so I feel u get a tighter wrap

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Just catching up - good call on skipping squats. Gotta listen to the body - sometimes you just need rest. I over did it going into my meet & ended up fighting bicep tendon pain the whole way into it.

If the overkill are anything like the titans - I know what you're talking about. I've got Inzer grippers, then picked up the titans - those bad boys will make my hands go numb fast.

Great benching BTW -

Oh yeah & Mexican is my fav by far!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks king
Back is still tight thou it hasn't effected my squat yet after I warm up the tightness typically goes away but that doesn't help me the other 99% of the week when I'm not. I'll just continue to take ibuprofen and smash, roll, heat and stretch

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
7-29-14
Lower supplemental and assistance work
Current weight at 8:30am was 218

Preworkout-compound 5/tmg/caffeine
Intra-compete
Warm-up
Goblet squats/BSS
55×a bunch
Bw×a bunch

Ss (setsxreps)
Front squats/BSS
95×5
115×5
135×5
155×4×10
BSS
65×10
85×3×10

Sumo deadlift
275×4×10

Good mornings
95×10
115×3×10

Ss
Iso leg extension/curls
60×5×amrap

Abs
Wood chops
60×3×amrap
Ss
Bird dogs/Stir the pots/McGill crunchs/planks, 4 times thought held as long as possible

Notes
Somewhat took it easy today. 2 weeks out from the meet I didn't want to risk an injury but I still feel I did put some good work in had a huge pump in my legs

Tomorrow will be speed bench I was advised to gradually move my grip out or in as I go so going to give that a shot

Thats it thanks for reading. Dmax

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So what does everyone do the week before the meet I know this weekend we are doing openers then what just Stretching and mobility?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So what does everyone do the week before the meet I know this weekend we are doing openers then what just Stretching and mobility?
Hit openers and then chill out for the week. Maintain mobility. Stretch/Mash what needs it. Hydrate and feed.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I personally like some rest leading in. Mobility and healing up. If you have to do something just make it low volume/low intensity.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks I was just going to do a few sessions of HIIT cardio just to make sure I stay below 220 going to the fair this Friday again and out for a good dinner going to try to keep it moderate thou just so I don't screw myself

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks I was just going to do a few sessions of HIIT cardio just to make sure I stay below 220 going to the fair this Friday again and out for a good dinner going to try to keep it moderate thou just so I don't screw myself
Fair have "The Zipper?"

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Probably but it may go by a different name. I go just to take my son to ride the rides and maybe eat a funnel cake this last weekend I had an elephant ear and that didn't cut it lol

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Word. That's good stuff man. I honestly only got to go on one ride last year as I was with the little one too.

Enjoy it ma man!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you're gonna cardio, I'd probably do LISS stuff the week before the meet. I'd rather see you do some glycogen depletion circuit training and sweat if you need to stay below 220.

Go to the fair whenever you go, don't have carbs between the fair and weigh-ins, then have all the carbs, sodium and fluids you can handle post weigh-ins.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks herder that's what I was planning I think I can weight in Friday morning so I'm going to shoot for that. Then after have some solid meals nothing over board with good amount of carbs and such

Edit: let me know if this is the wrong thinking

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
7-30-14
CAT Bench/ light supplemental and assistance work
Current weight at 7:30am was 216

Preworkout-compound 5/tmg/caffeine/yohimbine hcl
Intra-compete

Warm-up
Light pulldowns/DB press/side/front raises with Rotator cuff

CAT bench (setsxreps)
Bar×2×10
95×5
135×5
160×5
190×9×3 three different grip widths

DB press
45×4×12

DB shoulder press
35×4×12

Bradford press
60×4×10

V grip pulldown
105×4×12

Behind the head pulldown
45×3×12

Head propped rear delt raises
15×3×amrap

Pec deck
70×25
100×3×amrap

Close grip Incline bench
Bar×20
95×3×amrap

Ss
Tricep pushdowns (rope) / cable curls
100×3×amrap with triple drop set
60×3×amrap with triple drop set

Notes
Good day bench moved quick especially towards the end didn't seem to run out of steam at all. Did the v grip pulldowns more for looks then strength I must admit but they felt really good. Everything else was pump and hypertrophy stuff

That's it thanks for reading. Dmax

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You didn't run out bc that is like 42%of your 1RM :D

Good work

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks guys
Rob that's going from 300 not 335 I can't really justify using slingshot work as a 1rm cause it's not true after the meet I'm going to shoot a bit higher still trying to get a feel for it only my 2nd time implementing it

Capo I'm liking the speed work cause not only can a focus on speed but I can also pay attention to other things such as leg drive

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
This morning was still sitting at 216 went out and did some fasted HIIT biking 30 sec intervals 8 on 8 off man did that suck, legs are still sore but it will go away

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So what does everyone do for meet day nutrition I just read and article about strongman but I was wondering what u guys do?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing too upset your stomach. Gallon of Gatorade and some PB&J's works.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
I was thinking that and may a couple all natural granola bars

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
VPX Bang
I had VPX CarbonX RTDs
Quest Bars
Bananas b a n a n a s
Brain Candy

I'm lucky that after my last lift there was a wawa next store to get a hoagie.

Edit: but yea, what Sean says. Nothin that makes you think "I might have an emergency poop"

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks i know they provide pizza but that doesn't scream lift to me it screams puke it back up

Did abs today
Ab roller ×10/McGill crunchs 20+ count hold/planks 20+ count hold 4×through

Tomorrow is openers for deadlift and squat going to be on the light side think squat will be 385 possibly more then likely the same for deads I'm, letting Jayson make the final call it seems he knows what I can do more then myself lol

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
8-2-14
Deadlift/squat openers
Current weight at 6am was 221

Preworkout-compound 5/tmg/caffeine/yohimbine hcl 12gms

Intra-compete

Warm-up
Goblet squats
55×a bunch
BSS×a bunch

Squat
Worked up to 375 for a single extremely easy

Deadlift
Worked up to 385 for a single extremely easy as well

Notes
Felt good today inner thigh is a bit tight I will address this during the week and try to drop my few lbs so I can weight in Friday at below 220 but shouldn't be a problem

So depending how I feel meet day I'm shooting for final attempts at 475 minimum may be slightly higher on both squat and deadlift

Thats it thanks for reading dmax