Yet another 5-3-1 by Dmax

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Pizza was excellent as always had 8 slices 4 taco and 4 bacon ground beef goes good with the Pop tarts, cup cake gold fish, piece of cinnamon coffee cake I had earlier tonight I'm going to get a no bake cookies furry from the local ice-cream place and call it good on carbs

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Not working so I went for a 30 and 40 min walk today if I get my truck back soon I'm going to try to get the wife and I bikes down and get new tires put on them. the bikes are 5 years old got them for our wedding and have never road them

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Pizza was excellent as always had 8 slices 4 taco and 4 bacon ground beef goes good with the Pop tarts, cup cake gold fish, piece of cinnamon coffee cake I had earlier tonight I'm going to get a no bake cookies furry from the local ice-cream place and call it good on carbs
I could go for some pizza man... probably have to wait till thursday when i get a day away from work. 5 to 5 nights till then.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I <3 pizza

I like carb nighting it, but I still eat carbs during the day too. Damn my weak ability to diet!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Hour long walk today moderate speed light sweat going on

Over view of tomorrow see what u guys think if I'm doing to much or redundant stuff

Front squats
Sumo deadlift
Good mornings
Rack pulls
Light hip thrust
Light leg presses or leg curls with extentions
Ab work

Seems like a solid setup to me but any advice would be appreciated

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't get in board with the hip thrust. In addition to hating the exercise, it's somewhat redundant with GM's in there.

Lot o volume, my old ass would have to break that up into 3 days. ;)

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
The hip thrusts would be light high reps 4 sets of 10-12 more like a burnout sets same with extentions and curls or presses

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Watch that LTT seminar I posted for you when you get the chance man! May give you more ideas for the non-crew days.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
5-21-14
Lower assistance work
Current weight at 7 am was 215

Preworkout - hemavol/tmg/beta-alanine/cla
Intra - compete

Warmup
7 mins elliptical
Goblet squats
55×3×12

Superset
Front squat/sumo deadlift
Front squat
95×5
115×5
135×5
185×3
205×3
235×4×3
Sumo
335×4×3

Good Mornings
235×4×4

Rack pulls (from the knee)
425×4×3

Hip thrust (fast and hard squeeze at top)
135×3×10

Leg press (piston pump style)
6 plates ×3×20

Calf Rotator machine
350×20 444×20 648×15 quadruple drop set starting at 648 till failure down to 250 ish

Stir the pot
Bird dogs
McGill crunchs
Planks with side planks
4 each 10 sec holds

Notes
Great day, weights are climbing slowly don't really feel to bad not tired at all

Hip thrusts like like them and feel that they are helping out a bunch. going to stick with this set up for a while just going to change the type of burnout sets and add in weighted Hyperextenions from time to time

Thats it thanks for reading. Dmax

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Mile long walk last night with the family came home drank a shake went to bed this morning I wake up and abs are sore as hell them dumb little movements work great

Upper assistance later

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
5-22-14
Upper assistance work
Current weight at 8am was 212

Preworkout - hemavol/tmg/beta-alanine/cla
Intra - compete

Warmup
7 mins Arc-trainer
Front/side raises with Rotator cuff
10×3×10

Banded pullaparts between all sets of OHP and landmine press light band×15×10

OHP
Bar×2×5
65×2×5
95×5
115×5
135×3
150×3,2,1
145×3

Half kneeling landmine shoulder press
70×4×4

Superset
Iso-lat pulldown (side seated) /iso-pullovers
115×4×6
55×4×10

Dead stop DB rows
110×4×5

superset
CGBP/DB flys
95×5
115×5
155×3
185×3
195×3,2,2,1
Flys
45×4×6

Superset
Ez-bar curls/French press
70×4×6-8
70×4×6-8

Seated Tricep pushdowns
4 45#plates×3×10

Hammer curls
50×3×failure

Notes
Had a good day didn't get what I wanted on OHP and CGBP but it's OK decided if that happens again I'll keep the weight but do multiple singles to make up for it other then that feeling really good

Legs and abs are sore as hell was a bit hard getting out of my bucket seats

Going to the zoo tomorrow with the family looking forward to that then Saturday is carb nite going for Mexican can't wait

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol never, I'm just out of town now and not on my phone as much as I would be at home/work

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Just finished ordering more shirts from elite fts pretty soon my whole wardrobe is going to be elite shirts lol

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Zoo was awesome all the animals were out couple of new exhibits flamingos and penguins pretty privileged to have the number 1 zoo in the country so close to home

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
5-24-14
Crew deadlift / squat
Current weight at 530am was 214

Preworkout-hemavol/tmg/beta-alanine/cla
Intra - compete

Warmup
Goblet squats
55×3×12

Squats (Texas squat bar 55#)
Bar×2×5
105×5
145×5
195×5
235×3
285×3
Belt
325×3
Belt/wraps
375×3
400×2×2

Deadlift
135×5
225×3
315×3
405×1
425×2×2 rep PR
425×3 bigger rep PR

Notes
Heart wasn't really in it today didn't even want to go but made the best of it

Squat
400 Is all I felt like doing should have been a bit lighter for multiple sets but it's OK still feel like I got some decent work in

Deadlift
425×3 is a rep pr the guys pointed out that my upper back was rounding found out it was my setup after the first 2 sets, so the last set I corrected it by coming straight down to the bar and not bending over for it
Carb nite Woot going for some Mexican and any other carb I can find lol

That's it thanks for reading. Dmax

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
5-25-14
Crew bench press
Current weight at 6 am was 219

Intra-compete

Warmup
Front/side raises Rotator cuff and banded stuff till it felt good

Bench press
Bar×2×5
95×5
155×5
205×3
255×2 with one additional assist
245×3×3

Note
Warm-ups not really going to put a soild number to this anymore really want to go by feel cause somedays may be more then others

Bench
Bench was sort or screwy today 255 was OK for a double the 3rd had a little help so dropped it back to 245 would have been much better but the guy handing it off was different from the normal dude and wasn't quite getting it out right last set was much better back to the guy I'm used too, 3rd reps on all were still a bit of a grinders but got them all. I keep slacking off on tightness on the lighter stuff or the stuff I perceive as light (which isn't) cause on my heavy attempts my form and tightness is great but like 245 sets struggle still, it's just a mental thing

That's it thanks for reading. Dmax

capo180

Awards
  • Established
245 for 3 triples!! Jeez man. Doing work. Keep it up. At this rate you'll be to 300 soon!

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
245 for 3 triples!! Jeez man. Doing work. Keep it up. At this rate you'll be to 300 soon!
In bowling DMax would be called a sand bagger :D

Just messing DMax. Your strength has been way on the up tick. Super impressive. Awesome work

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks guys I just see everyone elses progress on here and want to keep up with u guys

I think its part environment and part not having to worry about crushing myself and looking dumb lol

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it's always good to be able to work with people stronger than yourself.. My gym is just older guys hitting pump work, nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't help me at all lol.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
5 miles of biking for conditioning today first time I've road one for any length of time in at least 6 year I give the cyclest a little credit now

Think I'm going to start putting a limit on my carb nites one Pre dinner carb good size health dinner with good carbs and one night time carb ice-cream or what I feel like. been push probably an excess of 6k calories them days so I want to see what effect this has going to strain my self control thou

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Today back down to 216 after spiking to 222

5-6 miles of biking again for this morning maybe a walk with wife and kids.

She is doing well on her diet thing, down about 7 lbs in 2 weeks and feeling less bloated more energetic I hope she can keep it up I can't get it through to her that she doesn't have to go to the gym just be active and get your diet right

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
5-28-14
Lower supplemental and assistance
Current weight at 6 am was 215

Intra-compete

Warm-up
7 mins arctrainer
Goblet squats
60×till I felt good

Front squat
95×5
115×5
135×5
185×3
225×3
240×4×3

Sumo deadlift
340×4×3

Barbell good mornings
240×4×3

Rack pulls (just above the knee)
430×5×2

Calf Rotator machine
650×3×12 300# single leg down set to failure each side

Leg extentions
95×25 90×25 80×2×25

Leg curls
90×4×25

Abs
Stir the pot
4×10 revolutions (2 clockwise 2 counter)
McGill crunchs
Bird dogs
Planks and side Planks
4 set of 10 sec holds

Notes
Good day front squat was great no belt today focused on big belly and spread the floor cues really helped with stability

Rack pull were per Jason's prescription one week 3 rep next week increase weight by 5 then doubles and 5lbs then back to triples well see how these go

Lots of quick rest/pauses on the extentions and curls really got them pumped and sore

Not sure if I should be doing higher reps on anything but what I'm doing now seems to be helping /working going to stick with it

Thanks for reading. Dmax

Edit: added calf work forgot about it

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice work, and just periodize the reps. You know, work in one range or a little then switch. If it is working stick with it a little.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Nice work, and just periodize the reps. You know, work in one range or a little then switch. If it is working stick with it a little.
Seems to be, still get pretty sore the next day so I'm doing something. I like keeping the weights at the higher end of what I can handle thou I should be doing some of that rpe stuff with it if I can roll that In I bet my lifts would take off

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
30 min walk with wife and kids great night for a walk nice and cool

capo180

Awards
  • Established
good work man. and id work with higher reps from time to time.. nothing like a heavy 10-15 rep front squat set.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
5-29-14
Upper supplemental and assistance
Current weight at 6 am was 215

Intra-compete

Warm-up
Front/side raises Rotator cuff
10×till I felt good

Banded pullaparts orange band between all Warm-up set and working sets of OHP and shoulder press 12×10 (setsxreps)

OHP
Bar×5
95×5
115×5
135×3
150×4×3

Snatch grip high pulls (Ty capo)
95×3×5 105×5

Half Kneeling Landmine shoulder press
70×3×5 75×3

Superset
Iso-lat pulldown(side seated)/iso-pullovers
120×4×5
Pullovers
70×4×6 per side

Iso-low row
120×4×7

Superset
CGBP (fat gripz) /DB fly
135×3
185×3
190×4×3
Flys
40×4×5

Superset
Standing ez-bar curls/French press
80×4×5
80×4×7

Seated tricep push down machine
140×4×12

Run the rack
Cheat hammer curls
60 down to 15
5# jumps, reps are to failure, last set at 15# was strick concentration curls to failure

DB behind the head tricep extension
30×1×failure
20×1×failure

Notes
Feel really good today head was really in it stayed very tight on OHP much better then last week 150 is with my elbows below parallel with the floor not touching the chest hope they still count

Other stuff was really great didn't get tired at all feel like I could go back again

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Anybody think I should sub out something for another pressing movement like Paused bench since I believe bench is my weakest movement atm seems my biggest stall is on the way back up half way

Edit: i think board press target that don't they?

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Ahh Ty
U awnsered my next question too which was how I could set that up by myself awsome

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sean's on the money. The isometrics are brutal. Have your spotter stop you just below your sticking point, grind away at it for 5s, then finish the rep. I think doubles and triples at 70% are your best bet there. For your board work, you wanna hit mostly 3-5 reps to get some heavy weight moving for a good amount of TUT, building strength in the muscles that move the bar through that ROM.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks guys I'm going to implement them next week

Edit: more walking with family

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Good work man! 150x4x3 is pretty darn good on OHP. snatch grip high pulls are great, i forgot about em for so long. but it gives me a different angle to work the upper back from.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So got a serious question any of u just lose your enthusiasm to go to the gym for some reason? the past week I just haven't felt like going I don't know why either

I've been doing good lately with my workouts setting new pr's and feel really good about how I look and feel I just don't get it

Anyone else get this way sometimes?