Will LG's New Topical 7-keto DHEA become a Staple in the Female Terminator's Arsenal?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im trying to work something..... , key word is "try" :)
Thanks, Chris :veryhappy: I definitely appreciate it (and I'm sure others are interested in seeing how the higher dosage works over a longer period of time) :bigok:

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm well aware of what stress can do - I said it doesn't really affect me or drag me down; big difference.

PS. There's only ONE "s" in Rosie. And never refer to me as "Mrs." Thanks.
I will do so! Although for my sake I will state I meant it with respect......Its a Southern thing i suppose

and I didnt doubt your knowledge of stress :)

you know more about body building/ nutrition then I do by a long shot and most people I know

still watching

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
geezus, rosie-you need to wear tennis shoes to work.:aargh:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
geezus, rosie-you need to wear tennis shoes to work.:aargh:
I used to - until they made a new rule two weeks ago that we have to wear non-slip dress shoes. I wasn't about to go out and buy some shoes especially for a job I'm not going to be working much longer at, so decided to wear the boots I have - which unfortunately have 4-inch heels (chunky and not stilettos, thank God - THAT would have been more painful) :happysad:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I used to - until they made a new rule two weeks ago that we have to wear non-slip dress shoes. I wasn't about to go out and buy some shoes especially for a job I'm not going to be working much longer at, so decided to wear the boots I have - which unfortunately have 4-inch heels (chunky and not stilettos, thank God - THAT would have been more painful) :happysad:
lol-at least they aren't steel toed.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 5: Day Off

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Vision without action is a dream. Action without vision is simply passing the time. Action with Vision is making a positive difference." - Walt Ostarly

TRAINING

None. I've trained daily so far this week, albeit only doing three resistance sessions instead of 4-5, but sometimes you have to take a step back to allow for progress, and the beauty of knowing when your body requires it, and being able to adapt to it is a great thing.

COMMENTS

Mental Focus and Clarity: Great - I'm going to be working hard in place of my training today.

Stress: Always high.

Recovery: For some reason, I feel quite shattered, even though I did nothing yesterday - possibly Friday is catching up with me, or maybe my terrible sleeping patterns are finally taking a toll on my body.

Other Notes: Going to continue using ~24 pumps of the 7-keto DHEA topical (changes reflected in post #1).

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
geezus rosie. high stress and poor sleeping habits-this product seems like it was made for you. hope you see some great results.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 6: NEVER Give Up!

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength." - Unknown

TRAINING

HIIT Cardio:
a. 4 min easy
b. 12 x 40 sec effort/20 sec easy
c. 4 min easy

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Energy: I am absolutely EXHAUSTED!

Stress: No need to elaborate on the obvious.

Recovery: Again, still feeling shattered - not sure why, since yesterday was a day off, and I should have recovered from last week's training. Then again, it could be BECAUSE I didn't train yesterday, since training usually energizes me and makes me feel a lot better.

Other Notes: Used the last of my Shred Matrix today (changes reflected in post #1) - very upset, and can't wait to get more. I definitely notice the difference when not using that - and Alpha-T2!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 8: Stim-Dependency

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering." - Unknown

TRAINING

None. Against myself, my body made this this week's day OFF . . . GRRR . . .

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Still not falling asleep until ~0600, but sleeping longer and longer, waking just after 1400 today! NOT cool, and explainable, when thought about.

Energy: I've had nothing for anything but doing what I have to. The problem is that I've been withOUT any real stimulants for quite some time now, and it's definitely affecting EVERYthing - as I have said before, I'm NOT (well, barely, at any rate) functional withOUT a LOT of stimulants (and yes, I know it is something that I have to kick OUT of - FAST)!

Stress: Higher than ever.

Recovery: Fatigued and no good for anything.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love stimulants :D I usually don't function without them either but once in a while it is always good to give your CNS a break :) I guess these times are the hardest though :(

Using any stims except the ones in Black Cats?

//CC

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love stimulants :D I usually don't function without them either but once in a while it is always good to give your CNS a break :) I guess these times are the hardest though :(

Using any stims except the ones in Black Cats?

//CC
I don't like to give them a break at all and usually use them all the time - the only break I've had was the one when I was forced to take time off training earlier this year.

Not using any stimulants at all, and I no longer consider Black Cats as a strong stimulant, since I don't get anything from them anymore (which, yes, I know, could mean time for a break, but I'm not sure I was to be completely UNfunctional just yet).

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i can really relate-with a physically demanding job/family responsibilities/working out, i would have a hard time getting everything done stim free.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i can really relate-with a physically demanding job/family responsibilities/working out, i would have a hard time getting everything done stim free.
i feel ya man.....Ill teach you a trick. this is how i look in my normal day to day life, I carry around one of these units. its not beer......its iced coffee spiked with ephedra and stimulant x

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You'd never know that until 2006 I had NEVER used stimulants at all! And now I'm as bad a stim junkie as they come, more than ever since my first bout of Chronic Fatigue in 2008 :sigh:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You'd never know that until 2006 I had NEVER used stimulants at all! And now I'm as bad a stim junkie as they come, more than ever since my first bout of Chronic Fatigue in 2008 :sigh:
it has become so routine to take stims now, that it is almost automatic.

my problems started when my test level fell so low, i had a hard time getting out of bed. i am on trt now but i had already become used to the stims-kinda like when someone huts their back and gets hooked on pain pills.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 9: Funny how the body works

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Don't repeat history, Make new history." - Walt Ostarly

TRAINING

HIIT Cardio:
a. 5 min easy
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
c. 4 x 60 sec effort/30 sec easy
d. 5 min easy

Stretch 21 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: I need to get back on track! Make a new schedule and stick to it!

Energy: Still none.

Stress: Ok, so sometimes we have to learn when to stop pushing and step back - this is one of those weeks. It's going to INcrease my stress in the short-term, but also DEcrease it at the same time, and hopefully let me give my head a break before going back into full stress mode.

Quality of Training: HIIT was ok. I did what I could and that was that.

Recovery: I'm still fatigued - definitely more from the lack of stimulants and going into withdrawal than anything else.

Body Composition and Look: Up to 120.2 pounds. I can definitely FEEL the extra weight, and I KNOW that I am holding water. The last few days I have drunk only 2-3 litres of water, because every time I drink it, I feel like being sick (not sure what's up with that) - when I drink less than 4.5 litres of water a day, my body tends to retain water, regardless of what supplements I am using (the loss of Shred Matrix also makes a difference here, which could be a contributing factor to the water retention since it acts as a diuretic), and to my eyes I look soft as well as feel it, neither of which I am particularly comfortable being.

Other Notes: It's been 30 weeks (this is the 31st) since I started back training and I actually haven't had a complete week off at all. I DON'T want a COMPLETE week off, and right after my competition (12 weeks ago) I had a week with only two resistance sessions, ending up having to do another week of only two resistance sessions and less training volume a couple of weeks after that (10 weeks ago), too. Ironically, the week my body decided that it wasn't going to work for me and I only managed ONE resistance session (five weeks ago), with two days of training in total, was the week that if I HAD continued with competition in 2010, I would have been at the Worlds that Saturday. So, technically, I have had three EASY weeks in the last 30.5 weeks (you could almost call one of them a 'week off', which makes me well and truly due for a week of nothing, despite my head NOT ever wanting another week of nothing ever again. I've done three cardio sessions this week, and a short resistance session, so technically it's a week off. Because of the way my body is feeling, I am going to fight my head and go with my instincts and just let it happen - I know, not very like me, but nothing has really been like me over the last 12 weeks if I'm to be completely honest. But, if it will allow me to pull myself together, get my thoughts centered, and prepare my body for a warrior's training over the coming months, then it is worth the small sacrifice to my sanity.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hang in there rosie- a lot of people are pulling for you!!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hang in there rosie- a lot of people are pulling for you!!!
Thanks Tom :) The support I have received from individuals on this board has been nothing short of amazing!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I cant take all the credit here:friday:
You're definitely one of them, Chris - you and the rest of the LG team have been very good to me (in fact, there's quite a few teams here that I highly support, to the point where people mistake me for being a company rep for companies other than the one I am with at that time) :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yes....I have the great children of the peoples pulling for her too, its an order!
LOL Thanks, bud :veryhappy:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie did you noticed a water retention?
I am having some right now yes - as I mentioned in my last update:
"The last few days I have drunk only 2-3 litres of water, because every time I drink it, I feel like being sick (not sure what's up with that) - when I drink less than 4.5 litres of water a day, my body tends to retain water, regardless of what supplements I am using..."

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 10: Happy Christmas New Zealand!

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well." - Abraham Lincoln

TRAINING

Cardio 20 min.

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: WTF is up with me these days?! I slept for nearly 12 hours! Woke with a screaming migraine to boot - so very uncool.

Energy: Feel like the walking dead.

Stress: High as ever.

Quality of Training: Decent.

Other Notes: HAPPY CHRISTMAS NEW ZEALAND! If I was back home now, I would be celebrating Christmas in the summer sun with family and a real Christmas tree - I actually miss it. Will ring the family later today . . . Ironically, I finish my current bottle of Erase tomorrow (not happy about that either), and I finished my current bottle of Lipotrophin-PM yesterday (changes reflected in post #1). Not got much BLACK CATS left either - at this rate, I'm going to be going into 2011 with barely even my STAPLES. Ah well, time to start the New Year off with a fresh, clean canvas to paint new chapters of my life on . . .

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 11: Happy Christmas United States!

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering." - Unknown

TRAINING

HIIT Cardio:
a. 4 min easy
b. 8 x 50 sec effort/10 sec easy
c. 4 min easy

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~6 hours, which can be classed as slightly over normal for me.

Energy: I was energetic when I first work up for a few hours, but the last half of the day I have been falling back into fatigue, and think I even passed out for an hour on the couch.

Stress: Even on today of all days, still high in some areas.

Quality of Training: Ok.

Body Composition and Look: I am definitely holding water, and the reason has become apparent - it's not entirely due to my lack of water consumption over the last week. Today, of all days, and now, of all times, when it is such a rare event - sometimes being a female is a nuisance. Ah well, hope it's over quickly . . . My lack of RESISTANCE training has also made a difference on how my body looks and feels - just goes to show how IMPORTANT this is to me in my ability to maintain my leanness and physique, not just for health and fitness reasons. Looking forward to being back to a proper training schedule next week . . .

Other Notes: HAPPY CHRISTMAS UNITED STATES! It's my second White Christmas - yes, it snowed last night (and I was out shoveling this morning). As much as I enjoy the snow, next Christmas I definitely want to be back home in New Zealand - especially since my immediate family is expanding, and I don't want to miss out on the lives of my family and friends any more than I have already by being over here in the US. Until then, those I love and care for are in my mind and heart, and I look forward to being able to see them again. And in the meantime, it's time to make a fresh new start!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 12: To move forward, let go of the past

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want." - Walt Ostarly

TRAINING

HIIT Rollers:
a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 116 rpm
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x16 (efforts @ rpm NA; easy @ 70 rpm)
c. 8 x 40 sec effort/20 sec easy in 39x16 (efforts @ rpm NA; easy @ 70 rpm)
d. 8 x 60 sec effort/30 sec easy in 39x16 (efforts @ rpm NA; easy @ 70 rpm)
e. 4 min easy 39x16 @ 116 rpm

Stretch 22 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Woke after both five and eight hours - should have got up after five hours, but went straight back to sleep almost instantly. No more of this - from now on, it's back to DISCIPLINE!

Mood/Aggression: NOT happy with myself - for the lack of training, terrible nutrition, poor sleeping habits, and a whole host of things, but most of it is my own fault, and I knew I would feel like this even as it was happening, so I cannot say I didn't know. It's time to use the pent-up aggression and kick myself back into training and doing what I know I should and have to!

Energy: Not a lot, but there is a driving force making sure I get things done.

Mental Focus and Clarity: There.

Stress: After having my body composition and measurements done today, even though I knew it would happen, has stressed me out a little more, despite knowing that being back on track with training again will negate those effects soon enough.

Libido: Some.

Joints: Left wrist has actually been twinging a little today.

Endurance: Fine.

Pump: In legs.

Vascularity: Normal.

Quality of Training: Felt good to be back on my bike again - albeit a little uncomfortable, but not as uncomfortable as running would have been. Efforts were fine - nice to have a change of cardio mode. Definite sweating and heart rate explosion!

Recovery: Feeling quads afterwards, but ok otherwise.

Body Composition and Look: 11% bodyfat at 123 pounds (no surprise that my breasts are larger, then, with the higher body composition). Gained a little bodyfat and weight - mostly because of NOT training (and continuing to eat as normal). Embarrassed and horrified at what I see in the mirror, but knowing that I can get back to ~10% bodyfat by the end of the week - training again is going to make such a DIFFERENCE. My statement in an earlier log of being uncomfortable at anything over ~9.5% bodyfat is truer than ever, and it's time to start being more serious about maintaining in the lower range of the 8-10% bodyfat I have set myself to maintain.

Other Notes: The past is done - I can't do anything about it. The future is yet to come - I can only know what I want to achieve. The here is now - it's the time to do what I know I must, in order to achieve the future I desire . . . It goes without saying that often there is more going on than what is said in an online journal/log, and I have always been detailed (if not OVER-detailed), but now it's time to be completely transparent re goals, etc. and hold myself more accountable than ever, for it's fine to know what one wants themselves, but letting others know is even harder. Not only that, but it helps to provide that extra measure of accountability, an extra measure to ensure that one stays on track, because to fail is UNacceptable, especially if you have not done all you could to attain your goals! It's all or nothing; that's the way it always has been with me - until this year. Somewhere along the way, my discipline diminished, and I didn't do everything as well as I could (so yes, I have no one to blame but myself for what I did not achieve that I wanted to). Half measures are NEVER conducive, so now that I have finalized what I want to do over the next year, where I want to be in the next few years, and know the steps I must take to reach that, it has to be ALL again - like it was when I was cycling (sometimes I miss those days, but I will never go back, and I am grateful for the many valuable lessons and habits I took from them). ONWARD! It's time to let go of regrets and "what ifs" and "if onlys". To move forward, one must let go of the past, and it's MY time to stop remembering what I was like, and focus on the person I am and WILL become . . .

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 13: Sprints!

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you. Let others leave their future in someone else's hands, but not you." - Jim Rohn

TRAINING

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec rest
c. 4 min jogging

Full-Body (30 sec recovery between supersets):
Superset A -
1. BB Good Mornings 6 x 12
2. Side-to-side Plyometric Box Jumps 6 x 24
Superset B -
3. Flat BB Bench Press 6 x 10-12
4. Supinated BB Bent Over Rows 6 x 10
Superset C -
5. Plate Hammer Raises 6 x 10
6. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 6 x 10 per side
Superset D -
7. Dips 6 x 10
8. DB Bicep Curls 6 x 10
Superset E -
9. Rope Crunches 6 x 10-12
10. Hanging Straight-Leg Raises 6 x 10

Post-Weights Cardio - Stepper:
20 min @ 8 floors/min

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: This getting up late is getting really old now. Get back to getting up and having training finished by midday!

Mood/Aggression: Feel better now that I am training again.

Energy: Doing what I have to when I have to.

Mental Focus and Clarity: 100%.

Stress: Today things start getting back on track, so hopefully the stress will decrease somewhat.

Libido: Not like I can do anything about it.

Joints: Left wrist has been aching terribly. Left biceps' tendon as well.

Endurance: Great.

Pump: Very strong, especially in shoulders and arms.

Vascularity: Ropes and knots on the top of my arms up until Superset C - slightly above average from there.

Quality of Training: I was under no illusion that getting back into training would be tough, especially sprinting again after not having run for such a long time. Sprinting definitely took a lot out of me, and I had to rest for the 10 seconds between efforts, as well as only making it a shorter than usual HIIT session. Now just need to build up my running endurance again . . . Resistance training was ok. Started out well. By half-way through my left wrist was aching badly, and I had to stop and shake it a lot to deal with the pain. On top of that, my left biceps' tendon and shoulder started giving me hell as well after Superset D. Made sure I was lifting heavy - much more than I was last time I did this kind of session, since HEAVY lifting does so much MORE for me than lighter weights, and if I can handle it, then why not - not much point NOT making my body WORK. It was a long session for the first one back, but it was fine . . . Post-Weights Cardio is part of my Maintenance training now, so it HAD to be done . . .

Recovery: I'll know later how well my body took training today.

Body Composition and Look: I can't wait to be COMFORTABLE again - and then to be LEAN!

Other Notes: At 12 sprays daily, the beta bottle was supposed to last ~24 days. I've been using 24-36 sprays of the 7-keto DHEA topical daily, and I am only about a third of the way through the beta bottle, so it is going to last me at least 24 days, and probably TWICE that . . . As of now, the 7-keto DHEA topical is my ONLY cortisol control product, so the higher dosing actually works perfectly . . . Tomorrow I'm going to be trying the beta version of PES' new stimulant as well, and make notes on that for a couple of days (it will not affect effects from the 7-keto DHEA topical) . . .

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 14: Blood and Bruises

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take the moment and make it perfect." - Peter Haenga

TRAINING

Cardio - Rollers:
20 min in 39x18 @ 106-112 rpm

Stretch 20 min.

Full-Body (30 sec recovery between supersets):
Superset A -
1. Alternate Backward DB Lunges 6 x 12 per leg
2. Step-Ups (onto 2-foot bench) 6 x 12 per side
Superset B -
3. Push-Ups (feet and hands on floor) 6 x 12
4.V-Bar Close-Grip Seated Rows 6 x 12
Superset C -
5. Seated DB Shoulder Press 6 x 12
6. DB Lateral Raises 6 x 12
Superset D -
7. V-Bar Tricep Push-Downs 6 x 12
8.Alternate DB Bicep Curls 6 x 12 per side
Superset E -
9. V-Sits (on bench) 2 x 12
10. Bicycle 2 x 12 per side
Superset F -
11. V-Sits (on bench) 4 x 12
12. Plank (on bench) 4 x 60 sec, 50 sec, 40 sec, 30 sec

Post-Weights Cardio - Treadmill:
6 x 90 sec effort/30 sec rest @ 12.8 km/hr

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: Frustrated with lack of energy and the way I feel during training.

Energy: EXHAUSTED. Completing training was just sheer willpower.

Stress: Back to being in the RED red.

Endurance: Awesome - considering.

Pump: So strong that I had to stop a few times during training and pump my arms and legs so that I could actually perform the exercises ok. Pump definitely very painful.

Vascularity: High.

Quality of Training: Rollers were fine . . . Resistance training was long and felt it. I nearly collapsed multiple times during Superset A, and had to steady myself and take it slower to ensure that I didn't. Again, I made the recovery short, and it was probably actually TOO short, honestly, and I should have done ALTERNATE sets, or had a minute between supersets, because I was NOT recovering. Everything was done slowly after that. Surprisingly, my face was flushed and not ghostly white, which it usually is when I do Legs' exercises . . . Despite being completely fcuked after weights, I forced myself to do some more cardio. A little slower, because my legs felt like they were going to fall out from under me, and stopped early, because I was close to throwing up . . . It was definitely a VERY slow walk back from the gym . . .

Recovery: My entire body is sore. And not just from training - there'll be some not-so-pretty bruises appearing over the next few days. My legs hurt, and walking, especially up and down stairs, is torture. My back aches. My deltoids are in pain. My arms don't even want to move. I feel like absolute sh*t, and that's putting it mildly.

Other Notes: Used my first dose of PES' beta stimulant today - notes can be found at PES Beta Stim!: Rosie's Initial Impressions.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
wow-i hope things get better for you-real soon, rosie!

i am sure you will bounce back and be fine in no time.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow-i hope things get better for you-real soon, rosie!

i am sure you will bounce back and be fine in no time.
It's all good - I should be ok by the end of next week . . .

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 15: Progress is Not Just about Doing

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Going backward is never an option." - Irial, Ink Exchange (Melissa Marr)

TRAINING

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 30 sec effort/30 sec rest
c. 4 min jogging

Stretch 10 min.

Upper Body (30 sec recovery between supersets):
Superset A -
1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 3 x 15, 8, 6
2. DB Clean and Press 3 x 15, 8, 6

Stretch 10 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: I think I'm just going to have to stay awake for ~48 hours and make sure that my body gets back on track as far as waking and sleeping when I want it to.

Mood/Aggression: Not very happy at all - especially about cutting training short today, even though it's probably for the better.

Energy: Not a lot. Moving slowly.

Mental Focus and Clarity: Have to make sure I am all with it today - do the things I was planning on doing tomorrow.

Stress: HIGH!

Joints: EVERYthing has been aching - miss the Erase.

Endurance: Ok.

Strength: My body is so painful that even the light weights were not light enough (sigh).

Pump: PAIN!

Vascularity: Pretty decent.

Quality of Training: HIIT was poor by anyone's standards. My body was so sore that even my efforts were barely faster than a quick jog. My pectorals were also aching every time I took a step, deep bruising pain between my breasts, which was odd . . . Started resistance training. By the second superset, I knew that I was not going to get out the planned 6x15-20 of five supersets. I stubbornly did another superset after that, but even at the lighter weight, it was still not happening, and my shoulders/arms were screaming in pain (they're screaming in pain when I'm NOT lifting, let alone when I am!). Rather than frustrate myself further and just end up getting angry and severely pissed off (which I did anyway), I stopped and decided to do today's session tomorrow, and let my body try recuperate for tomorrow (I say "try", because I'll probably feel the same as today) . . .

Recovery: I AM IN PAIN ALL OVER! The first week of getting back into training after time off is always the toughest, but I don't think I have ever been this sore, honestly.

Body Composition and Look: Until last year, I was fortunate enough only to have to deal with the same fat distribution as a male, but for some reason, my body is now working against me and giving me female AND male problems areas, damnit! Tells me I have to start being more serious about training and making sure that I don't slack off no matter what, and even though Maintenance is higher than what it has ever been, it has to be DONE, period!

Other Notes: Sometimes we have to realize when to stop and ease up. Progress is not always made by thrashing oneself into the ground and hoping we recover from it. Progress is made from knowing when to stop and when to push on. I'll be the first to admit that I have a hard time realizing when something is going to cause more damage than good and stop, but I am slowly learning. My head does not like to do what I did today, because I perceive not doing what I set out to do as a weakness, and I hate weakness - in myself more than anything. However, progress is not just about doing - especially when we know that results are made during the RECOVERY period - and my head is just going to have to deal. I know I have to start taking care of myself, and that means being strong. Strength comes from within, indeed, and sometimes strength is doing nothing.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 16: Be the one MAKING the DIFFERENCE!

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"You are unique - there has never been another You, and there never will be. You are an original, and only you can choose how your life will unfold." - Tom Hoobyar

TRAINING

Cardio - Rollers:
a. 10 min in 39x18 @106-108 rpm
b. 10 min in 39x18 @ 116 rpm

Stretch 14 min.

Upper Body (30 sec recovery between supersets):
Superset A -
1. DB Clean and Press 6 x 15
2. Incline DB Rear Raises 6 x 15
Superset B -
3. Supinated Close-Grip Lat Pull-Down (standing) 3 x 15
4. Incline DB Bench Press 3 x 15
Superset C -
5. Seated BB Shoulder Press 3 x 15
6. DB Lateral Raises 3 x 15
Superset D -
7. Incline Dips 3 x 15
8. EZ-Bar Zottoman Curls 3 x 15

a. 1 x 60 sec @ 12.8km/hr / 30 sec rest
b. 1 x 60 sec @ 14.4km/hr / 30 sec rest
c. 1 x 60 sec @ 15.2km/hr / 30 sec rest
d. 2 x 30 sec @ 15.2km/hr / 30 sec rest
e. 1 x 30 sec @ 16km/hr / 30 sec rest
f. 1 x 30 sec @ 16.8km/hr / 30 sec rest
g. 3 x 30 sec @ 17.6km/hr / 30 sec rest
h. 1 x 30 sec @ 17.8 km/hr

Stretch 6 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: All-nighter coming right up.

Mood/Aggression: Interesting.

Energy: Some.

Mental Focus and Clarity: Definitely more alert than I have been.

Stress: HIGH!

Joints: Left wrist has been giving me no end of trouble today - clicks and creaks and grinding constantly, aching in the gym.

Endurance: Fine.

Strength: Definitely notice the difference when NOT using creatine. My strength levels have plummeted over the last few days - the higher reps don't help either (I HATE high reps).

Pump: MORE PAIN!

Vascularity: Knots and ropes.

Quality of Training: I hope that cycling again doesn't start building my glutes and legs up - since it always seems to. Sweating a lot during rollers . . . Man, I HATE high reps - anything over 8-10 reps is getting to be a nuisance, and definitely if you have to do 6-8 SUPERSETS of them. Anyways, the rep range I set myself today was 15-20 - I guess I could have gone lower, but I was semi-following something, and if I deter from the schedule I set for myself for that day, I feel like I am giving up and not doing it right (I know, I have issues). Anyways, ended up doing only three sets of the last three supersets, instead of six, and again, cut down the recovery time between them, essentially cutting my training session in HALF of what it WOULD have been otherwise . . . Decided that at least ONE of my cardio sessions is going to be highER intensity, and I can do that on the treadmill (and since I need to run more, as it helps re leaning), albeit shorter sessions than 20-minutes . . .

Recovery: My body is still in pain, but after training today, I noticed that walking DOWN the stairs was not as bad it was BEFORE training.

Other Notes: You are always going to get people who hate you; who can't stand you; who do everything they possibly can to deter you from your course, prevent you from achieving your goals, to slander your name and character. There will always be haters, no matter who you are, or where you go. People will always have their opinions and perceptions, no matter how wrong or illogical they are. Haters, if you don't want to do something with your life and make a difference in this world, that's your prerogative, but there's no reason to take cheap shots at those who ARE.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
sounds like you are making some progress.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
QUOTE OF THE DAY

a. 1 x 60 sec @ 12.8km/hr / 30 sec rest
b. 1 x 60 sec @ 14.4km/hr / 30 sec rest
c. 1 x 60 sec @ 15.2km/hr / 30 sec rest
d. 2 x 30 sec @ 15.2km/hr / 30 sec rest
e. 1 x 30 sec @ 16km/hr / 30 sec rest
f. 1 x 30 sec @ 16.8km/hr / 30 sec rest
g. 3 x 30 sec @ 17.6km/hr / 30 sec rest
h. 1 x 30 sec @ 17.8 km/hr

Im going to Google the conversion:D, only because you kicked ass!:aargh:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im going to Google the conversion:D, only because you kicked ass!:aargh:
Just for you, Chris :)

12.8km/hr = 8 miles/hr
14.4km/hr = 9 miles/hr
15.2km/hr = 9.5 miles/hr
16km/hr = 10 miles/hr
16.8km/hr = 10.5 miles/hr
17.6km/hr = 11 miles/hr

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just for you, Chris :)

12.8km/hr = 8 miles/hr
14.4km/hr = 9 miles/hr
15.2km/hr = 9.5 miles/hr
16km/hr = 10 miles/hr
16.8km/hr = 10.5 miles/hr
17.6km/hr = 11 miles/hr
Aww Shuckkkkks! :) Thanks Rosie!.. Have a Happy New Year!

Reactions: ax1
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Aww Shuckkkkks! :) Thanks Rosie!.. Have a Happy New Year!
No worries :) The same to you, Chris! Looking forward to next year - it's going to be AWESOME!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 17: 2010 draws to a Close

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you." - Tony Dorsett

TRAINING

HIIT Cardio:
a. 4 min easy
b. 12 x 40 sec effort/20 sec easy
c. 4 min easy

Shoulders/Arms/Abs (30 sec recovery between trisets):
Triset A -
1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 4 x 10-12
2. Plate Hammer Raises 4 x 10-12
3. Lateral Raises 4 x 10-12
Triset B -
4. Tricep Pull-Down 4 x 10-12
5. Zottoman Curls 4 x 10-12
6. Hammer Curls 4 x 10-12
Triset C -
7. Cable Crunches 4 x 12
8. Reverse Curls (on floor) 4 x 10
9. Plank 4 x 1 min

Post-Weights Cardio 20 min.

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Energy: There - which is interesting considering the lack of sleep.

Mental Focus and Clarity: High.

Stress: Trying not to think about that today.

Joints: Left wrist is not as sore as yesterday, but there are still niggles.

Endurance: Good.

Strength: For the end of the week and having worked these body-parts three times already, I was doing ok - better than yesterday for sure.

Pump: Painful, especially in left anterior deltoid and bicep.

Quality of Training: HIIT was good - get those effort periods up . . . Resistance training was intense. Deltoids are still extremely sore from the rest of the week, but not as bad as they were on Wednesday, thankfully . . .

Recovery: My quads ache a little - but only when doing something that puts pressure on them. Deltoids are still tender - but not as noticeable unless I am lifting.

Body Composition and Look: 117.6 pounds at 10.7% bodyfat. Interestingly enough, my upper body skinfolds have decreased, and what I seem to have lost there has redistributed to my midsection, which is odd. So, still got a long way to go, but getting there.

Other Notes: 2010 is nearly over. It has been a 'foundational' year for many things, providing the base on which 2011 will grow. I would like to thank all those who have supported me on my journey throughout the last year, and look forward to continuing on the road with you in 2011. In the meantime, I hope that everyone has a safe and enjoyable New Year :party:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
good bye 2010-

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good bye 2010-

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Sure thing! :party:

First Post in 2011!:) Kick ass Rosie!
Hey, Chris :)

I'll have some updates coming later this week, guys - been away, with limited internet access.

In the meantime, 2011 started off well, and it can only get better! :006: