rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ya man the side effects seem messed up. I guess some of them are even long term
Really…I’m gonna have to look into this Bc when he mentioned it for my continual sinus infections I specifically asked. I did however take him at his word being a family doctor.

I’m gonna look into it. This is pretty recent for me getting it.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think they’re averaging around $15 - $17 an hour now. Of course that’s not much, but to make a cup of coffee….it’s decent money. Definitely not a career job by any means.
here in small town indiana that translates to decent money....weird how corporate businesses have flat pay scales even though cost of living varies by so much.

when i owned my lawncare business i was paying$12 starting and $15 hour after 6 months and was well above the average...tbh very happy i retired when i did, i hear it's very hard to get employees these days, everyone is on the government dole and fewer and fewer are willing to work even though pay scale for entry level has gone way up in the last few years....hiring employees is very competitive right now from what i've been hearing.
Well, that I definitely believe. The staffing crap my wife reports, idk how they keep the doors open at her business. A handful of good workers pulling most of the weight for the entire crew.
Ya’ll gotta stop with this narrative that people don’t want to work anymore and wanna be on gov’t assistance. The real issue is no one want’s to work for 12 an hr anymore. You can’t live off that.

2000: Go to college or you'll be flipping burgers!

2008: What do you mean you can't find a job, is flipping burgers too good for you?

2016: You want $15/hr for flipping burgers?! Millennials are so entitled.

2021: Why does no one want to flip burgers anymore?

Guy complained on twitter he had to shut down his business of 19 years cause “no one wanted to work” People found his listing on indeed and he wanted you to have a bachelors degree…… for 17 an hr. FOH

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ya’ll gotta stop with this narrative that people don’t want to work anymore and wanna be on gov’t assistance. The real issue is no one want’s to work for 12 an hr anymore. You can’t live off that.

2008: What do you mean you can't find a job, is flipping burgers too good for you?

Guy complained on twitter he had to shut down his business of 19 years cause “no one wanted to work” People found his listing on indeed and he wanted you to have a bachelors degree…… for 17 an hr. FOH
I remember being in school they made you feel like it was college or bust. Total disregard for the trades. Also totally left out the fact that you need a college degree that matters if you go.

Totally predatory. State workers convincing as many kids as possible, regardless if they are a good candidate, to take massive state backed loans.

That said this guy is also ridiculous they would never pay back the loan if they worked for him unless there was a managerial movement structure, and those loans get taken out of your will if you can’t pay them. Crazy.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ya man the side effects seem messed up. I guess some of them are even long term
It’s weird a lot of the most common side effects seem counter intuitive to what the medicine is supposed to treat. I only checked Mayo Clinic so far, but that just seems odd. I wish it had more of a statistical break down instead of more or less common.

Hmmm

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Respectfully, I'm going to have to disagree with you. I met many, MANY people on the golf course in the last 2 years who were turning down high paying good jobs because of the government handouts. One guy I'll never forget was an aerospace engineer, I said man I can get you a job easy. (I'm in manufacturing) he said nah, with the government handouts and my 401k, I don't think I need to go back to work until at least January (this was like July 2020).

I'm literally surrounded by 20 sometimes that are actively choosing not to go into the workforce because they simply don't have to. I have millennial employees that utilize ever single state law they can to avoid work as much as possible, like i mentioned earlier about the new dads taking literally 1-6 months off from work after the baby is born for honestly no reason other than because they can.

I remember being in school they made you feel like it was college or bust. Total disregard for the trades. Also totally left out the fact that you need a college degree that matters if you go.

Totally predatory. State workers convincing as many kids as possible, regardless if they are a good candidate, to take massive state backed loans.

That said this guy is also ridiculous they would never pay back the loan if they worked for him unless there was a managerial movement structure, and those loans get taken out of your will if you can’t pay them. Crazy.
I 100% believe student loans are predatory and should be OUTLAWED. Lets see what happens to tuition prices when you can't screw the 18yr olds over financially and stack them with $100k in loans.

the money is definitely in trades right now. speaking of "don't want to work", my wife is in property management, they manage some 300+ buildings and over 600 total units ( 50% apartments and about 50% single family dwellings), they are struggling horribly to find trades workers (mason, plumbing, electrical) because most of these local businesses are run by men pushing 70+ years old who WANT to retire but have nobody to hand their business off to because their kids don't want to do these jobs. And they're making BANK. my boat mechanic is a mobile self employed mechanic. he charges $135/hour and works literally as much as he wants cause there's about 500 local boaters all vying for his time, he has no competition cause again, nobody wants to be a mechanic anymore.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Yeah student loans are the biggest racket in the world. A doctor on twitter wrote that he took out a 50k student loan. Over 10 years, he has paid $47,000 back…..he still owes them $51,000

Respectfully, I'm going to have to disagree with you. I met many, MANY people on the golf course in the last 2 years who were turning down high paying good jobs because of the government handouts. One guy I'll never forget was an aerospace engineer, I said man I can get you a job easy. (I'm in manufacturing) he said nah, with the government handouts and my 401k, I don't think I need to go back to work until at least January (this was like July 2020).

I'm literally surrounded by 20 sometimes that are actively choosing not to go into the workforce because they simply don't have to. I have millennial employees that utilize ever single state law they can to avoid work as much as possible, like i mentioned earlier about the new dads taking literally 1-6 months off from work after the baby is born for honestly no reason other than because they can.

I 100% believe student loans are predatory and should be OUTLAWED. Lets see what happens to tuition prices when you can't screw the 18yr olds over financially and stack them with $100k in loans.

the money is definitely in trades right now. speaking of "don't want to work", my wife is in property management, they manage some 300+ buildings and over 600 total units ( 50% apartments and about 50% single family dwellings), they are struggling horribly to find trades workers (mason, plumbing, electrical) because most of these local businesses are run by men pushing 70+ years old who WANT to retire but have nobody to hand their business off to because their kids don't want to do these jobs. And they're making BANK. my boat mechanic is a mobile self employed mechanic. he charges $135/hour and works literally as much as he wants cause there's about 500 local boaters all vying for his time, he has no competition cause again, nobody wants to be a mechanic anymore.
The problem with your statement is you can’t extrapolate what’s happening around you to the rest of the country. If you’re 70 and want to retire then retire. Not being able to pass a business down shouldn’t stop you from being able to retire.

I also see nothing wrong with a man wanting to take time off from work to spend time with their child. Not sure what the issue is. Father being there gives the mother a chance to heal and recover.

However, I do agree that no one wants to be mechanics or trade workers much anymore because in truth, there are WAAAAAY too many ways to make money now. Much easier money than manual labor. I went to school to be a mechanic, because my pops told me “if you know how to fix a car, you’ll always find work” which was true. I also got HVAC, plumbing, welding, and forklift experience and certifications. Its how I made my living for quite some time. But you know what, why do any of that when I can run my amazon business from home, run my vending machine business from home, trade forex from home, and options trade from home. Each one of those things makes me more money separately than the mechanic, hvac, welding, plumbing, etc combined.

Yall have to change with the times. Before people were mechanics, and plumbers, and etc, people complained no one wanted to be farmers or masons anymore. The climate has changed

Last edited:
Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It’s weird a lot of the most common side effects seem counter intuitive to what the medicine is supposed to treat. I only checked Mayo Clinic so far, but that just seems odd. I wish it had more of a statistical break down instead of more or less common.

Hmmm
i was going off what my GF said, it might be wrong. sorry for the scare, I just thought it was weird that it is considered asthma meds and you got it prescribed at the same time. almost like the doctors have some kind of incentive to sell it.

after some research, it looks like the main understated risk is depression/suicide. it's out of patent and the original name was singulair.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i was going off what my GF said, it might be wrong. sorry for the scare, I just thought it was weird that it is considered asthma meds and you got it prescribed at the same time. almost like the doctors have some kind of incentive to sell it.

after some research, it looks like the main understated risk is depression/suicide. it's out of patent and the original name was singulair.
Definitely odd Bc it seemed like my doctor was like doing his own thing and then you say the same for something similar but different. Super weird. But lots of the sides seem like stuff people with sinus issues get so that’s odd.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I don’t disagree with any of the sentiments about employers wanting to pay too little for too much credential in general, but respectfully, I didn’t push anything like the words you’re putting in my mouth.

My wife works in a restaurant in a college town with primarily unskilled high school and college labor. And those kids are getting $14 an hour+ to start, and they still don’t want to come to work. It is extremely hard to find kids to even answer a phone and wipe tables part time, and when you do get someone hired many call off/try their hardest not to actually work.

When the handouts were coming out hard, they were given much more money by the government to stay home than go work any amount of hours. It’s a no-brainer for these types of part time workers: basic math would tell you to stay home; how could you blame them?

But it’s made things awful trying to get people back in the saddle.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah student loans are the biggest racket in the world. A doctor on twitter wrote that he took out a 50k student loan. Over 10 years, he has paid $47,000 back…..he still owes them $51,000

The problem with your statement is you can’t extrapolate what’s happening around you to the rest of the country. If you’re 70 and want to retire then retire. Not being able to pass a business down shouldn’t stop you from being able to retire.

I also see nothing wrong with a man wanting to take time off from work to spend time with their child. Not sure what the issue is. Father being there gives the mother a chance to heal and recover.

However, I do agree that no one wants to be mechanics or trade workers much anymore because in truth, there are WAAAAAY too many ways to make money now. Much easier money than manual labor. I went to school to be a mechanic, because my pops told me “if you know how to fix a car, you’ll always find work” which was true. I also got HVAC, plumbing, welding, and forklift experience and certifications. Its how I made my living for quite some time. But you know what, why do any of that when I can run my amazon business from home, run my vending machine business from home, trade forex from home, and options trade from home. Each one of those things makes me more money separately than the mechanic, hvac, welding, plumbing, etc combined.

Yall have to change with the times. Before people were mechanics, and plumbers, and etc, people complained no one wanted to be farmers or masons anymore. The climate has changed
I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one (y)

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don’t disagree with any of the sentiments about employers wanting to pay too little for too much credential in general, but respectfully, I didn’t push anything like the words you’re putting in my mouth.

My wife works in a restaurant in a college town with primarily unskilled high school and college labor. And those kids are getting $14 an hour+ to start, and they still don’t want to come to work. It is extremely hard to find kids to even answer a phone and wipe tables part time, and when you do get someone hired many call off/try their hardest not to actually work.

When the handouts were coming out hard, they were given much more money by the government to stay home than go work any amount of hours. It’s a no-brainer for these types of part time workers: basic math would tell you to stay home; how could you blame them?

But it’s made things awful trying to get people back in the saddle.
I worked through the entire “shutdown” and we were furloughed one day a week. Those that chose to take a “leave of absence” to help the company save money were getting $1100 a week through unemployment. Those who stayed like my self, we were getting that every two weeks. Its what drove me to other avenues of making money

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I worked through the entire “shutdown” and we were furloughed one day a week. Those that chose to take a “leave of absence” to help the company save money were getting $1100 a week through unemployment. Those who stayed like my self, we were getting that every two weeks. Its what drove me to other avenues of making money
Yeah in our state the cut was $30/hr. Meaning that if you made $30/hr or less prior to the lockdowns and covid unemployment bennies then you were likely making more money not working. Those people who made more than $30 / hour would collect less on unemployment but.... lets say you were someone who made $35/hr and unemployment bennies covered $30? for a lot of those people taking a $5/hr pay cut to short term retire was worth it. they didn't have to commute anymore and we saw massive cuts in a lot of daily expenses like insurance etc anyways for a while.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah in our state the cut was $30/hr. Meaning that if you made $30/hr or less prior to the lockdowns and covid unemployment bennies then you were likely making more money not working. Those people who made more than $30 / hour would collect less on unemployment but.... lets say you were someone who made $35/hr and unemployment bennies covered $30? for a lot of those people taking a $5/hr pay cut to short term retire was worth it. they didn't have to commute anymore and we saw massive cuts in a lot of daily expenses like insurance etc anyways for a while.
Sheesh, I remember when the company cut the leave of absence short, those who took it were livid. Cause like you said, they made more just sitting at home.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sheesh, I remember when the company cut the leave of absence short, those who took it were livid. Cause like you said, they made more just sitting at home.
it was a tough time. At first, personally, there was this sense of relief that our business was "essential" (what a joke of a term) and I didn't have to stress over losing my job or anything. And the commute dropped from 90 minutes to 30 cause there was no traffic during the lockdowns. But over time as social/political tensions grew with BLM, CHAZ (out here/Seattle), etc etc then people started arguing about those people who were getting raises to stay home while others worked through the pandemic.

Ugly times...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

c'mon man...i remember not so long ago that you took whatever job you could get and looked for a better job....ANY job was better than NO job!!!

10 years ago i knew guys with college degrees who were sacking groceries at krogers--give me fucking break.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I mean…the fact that so many high paying labor jobs for people who maintain and build our world are open and unemployment is so high I would there is definitely people who do not want to work. Obviously there are people who will thank god. Imagine is no one decided to do say HVAC work. Life would get harder for many.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
c'mon man...i remember not so long ago that you took whatever job you could get and looked for a better job....ANY job was better than NO job!!!

10 years ago i knew guys with college degrees who were sacking groceries at krogers--give me fucking break.
yeah I knew several cats with master degrees who drove buses. Difference is, the gov’t wasn’t giving out the handouts they are now. But lets be honest here, if you spent years in college for a master degree, then couldnt find work in your field, would you flip burgers or sack groceries, or would you take the money the gov’t was giving you until you found the work you was looking for? Especially since it was the gov’t fault you couldn’t find work in the first place?

Call it what you want, but it doesn’t make good life sense to settle for 13/hr after giving 5-7 years of your life studying in a field, when the gov’t who is responsible for the shitty economy, will pay you several thousand to stay at home

Last edited:
mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I mean…the fact that so many high paying labor jobs for people who maintain and build our world are open and unemployment is so high I would there is definitely people who do not want to work. Obviously there are people who will thank god. Imagine is no one decided to do say HVAC work. Life would get harder for many.
If people stop doing trade work, we would all be F’d

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
i give him credit for being a bureaucratic administrator but comparing fauci' scientific accomplishments next to those of Dr Malones i find he leaves fauci in the dust....and to be honest if it comes out that fauci was responsible for funding to the wuhan facility and it becomes fact that the wuhan facility is responsible for the virus fauci will have a lot to answer for, IMO!!!!

did you see where Dr Malone was responsible for Mnra research-so even regardless of comparing him to fauci, his thoughts on the covid vaccines are thought to be taken seriously, agreed?

sorry i am not in a very good mood right now thinking of all those people who have died alone with out loved ones by their side---and all the people who weren't allowed to be with loved ones in their final moments or even in their final weeks---this pisses me the FUCKING hell off....i would go crazy if they told me i couldn't see a loved one hospitalized by coved and then they tell me my loved one has died alone--bet your ass i would be fucking pissed off.

And if one really does some research you can see where Dr. Fauci made tons of mistakes and mislead the public during the whole HIV/Aids crisis in the 1980's. The guy has been a sketchy character for a long time.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yeah I knew several cats with master degrees who drove buses. Difference is, the gov’t wasn’t giving out the handouts they are now. But lets be honest here, if you spent years in college for a master degree, then couldnt find work in your field, would you flip burgers or sack groceries, or would you take the money the gov’t was giving you until you found the work you was looking for? Especially since it was the gov’t fault you couldn’t find work in the first place?

Call it what you want, but it doesn’t make good life sense to settle for 13/hr after giving 5-7 years of your life studying in a field, when the gov’t who is responsible for the shitty economy, will pay you several thousand to stay at home
if you are smart enough to get a masters degree you would think you would pick a field that pays more than $13 a hour--c'mon man you are playing strawman here-get fucking real. i mean there are people going to college who shouldn't be and getting bullshyt degrees that aren't going to pay the kind of money to pay back student loans and they this--the problem i see is the people giving the loans know this too--the government needs to get it's head out of it's ass...a auto mechanic or plumber is going to make a hellava lot more than a social worker--and trade schools and apprenticeships pays you while you are learning--instead of telling EVERYONE they need to go to college the government should be directing people towards careers in the trades.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
At any stage in this pandemic at my hospital, once it was known the COVID patient was not going to survive, family has been able to go in the room and say their goodbyes. Despite that, after 20 days patients are removed from isolation/precautions as they are deemed intransmissible and family is free to come and go as they please. While a majority of severe patients survive beyond 20 days in the hospital, they are likely intubated, sedated, and even paralyzed by that point. So yeah, it’s certainly not a great experience for family either way.

I know I asked you before but I have a hard time keeping up with this thread while working offshore. But where(what state) do you work? Lots of the stuff you talk about on here is not what I am seeing where I live (Arkansas but visit south Louisiana regularly)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

i kinda think we are on the same page here...
1, i think it was bullshyt for the government to be telling EVERYONE they need to go to college--this started with obamo, and look at where it got us.
2. this goes back to my initial post that their are plenty of slackers out there looking for government handouts and are willing to take a significant cut to be able to NOT work. either way i hold the government responsible for the mess we are in-and it started with trump approving those massive $600 unemployment bonuses and now biden is making it even easier not to work.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

It's not a narrative that people don't want to work and be on gov't assistance. Plenty of people would rather be on gov't assistance than work. That is a fact. If you don't want to work for 12/hr. than sharpen your job skills. It's pretty simple. And I don't want to hear a damn thing when people have to pay $50 for a fast food meal because employers are paying their hamburger flippers $25/hr. It's economics plain and simple! Far too many people think if CEO's didn't make so much money that all of the sudden then employees could make so much more money...........it doesn't work like that at all.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

Exactly- he's spouting bullshit about people have to change with the times when you can make money from home instead of manual labor!! Such a load of ****- I mean that people that can make money from home- good for them- however the world still needs mechanics, plumbers, carpenters, etc. When young people turn down other types of employment because they want to be lazy and make money from home or doing something easy is when I get pissed off. They think they are "entitled" to make easy money instead of working for it! Some as every damn college athlete these days- they all think they are going pro and are going to make big $$$. The fact is 99% of them will ever play professional sports but they feel they are entitled to being paid now!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Exactly- he's spouting bullshit about people have to change with the times when you can make money from home instead of manual labor!! Such a load of ****- I mean that people that can make money from home- good for them- however the world still needs mechanics, plumbers, carpenters, etc. When young people turn down other types of employment because they want to be lazy and make money from home or doing something easy is when I get pissed off. They think they are "entitled" to make easy money instead of working for it! Some as every damn college athlete these days- they all think they are going pro and are going to make big $$$. The fact is 99% of them will ever play professional sports but they feel they are entitled to being paid now!!
(y)

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
if you are smart enough to get a masters degree you would think you would pick a field that pays more than $13 a hour--c'mon man you are playing strawman here-get fucking real. i mean there are people going to college who shouldn't be and getting bullshyt degrees that aren't going to pay the kind of money to pay back student loans and they this--the problem i see is the people giving the loans know this too--the government needs to get it's head out of it's ass...a auto mechanic or plumber is going to make a hellava lot more than a social worker--and trade schools and apprenticeships pays you while you are learning--instead of telling EVERYONE they need to go to college the government should be directing people towards careers in the trades.
My brain starts thinking how many kids get that degree in a field that does not hold high value, feel they were promised to be upper class or elite, and feel it’s demeaning to accept anything that is not prestigious in their eyes.

Like an ego type of thing breed in them from the predatory government schools pushing government backed loans. Any other organization this would be criminal…well any one not working with the government.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My brain starts thinking how many kids get that degree in a field that does not hold high value, feel they were promised to be upper class or elite, and feel it’s demeaning to accept anything that is not prestigious in their eyes.

Like an ego type of thing breed in them from the predatory government schools pushing government backed loans. Any other organization this would be criminal…well any one not working with the government.
i mean who the fucking hell gives a kid a loan to get a degree to work as a social worker who's starting pay is on average $33, 000?

i'll tell you who the US fucking government....no wonder so many kids are defaulting on loans-they were set up to fail by our supid government telling kids they HAVE to go to college.....

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's not a narrative that people don't want to work and be on gov't assistance. Plenty of people would rather be on gov't assistance than work. That is a fact. If you don't want to work for 12/hr. than sharpen your job skills. It's pretty simple. And I don't want to hear a damn thing when people have to pay $50 for a fast food meal because employers are paying their hamburger flippers $25/hr. It's economics plain and simple! Far too many people think if CEO's didn't make so much money that all of the sudden then employees could make so much more money...........it doesn't work like that at all.
You obviously missed the fucking point of what I was saying. People worked for 12/hr because the economy was so fucked thats all they could get even with their master degrees. You obviously have zero clue how business works. Price doesn’t increase because you pay worker’s more, price increases because of supply increase.

Perfect example, I worked for Delta Airlines for 10+ years. When I started we topped out at $22 and hr. Now it’s $34 and hr. Flights prices have actually dropped in the last 10 years. Please explain how paying us more (every hourly employee for the company saw wage increases)

As far as college athletes are concerned, again its an old skool way of thinking that has to stop. These kids make the university millions, MILLIONS, and can’t even make money off their OWN life. They can sell a jersey and make millions off it, but if I sign a jersey and accept $20 dollars so I can F’ing EAT then I forfeit my ability to play? If you think thats fair, then whateva man. Kids nor their parents ever said pay me to play. They said I should be able to make money off my name, while im playing. Some of these kids go to school for 4 years, struggle to feed themselves, blow a knee out, and have nothing to show for it, yet the school make untold amounts of money off them. Thats never going to be okay for me.

NO BUSINESS, CORPORATIONS, GOVERNMENT, OR SCHOOL SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE INSANE AMOUNTS OF MONEY OFF A PERSONS LIKENESS WHILE THE PERSON THEMSELVES CAN NOTHING!!!!

You can scream bullshit all you want to but it doesn’t chance reality. Of course the world still needs tradesmen, NOWHERE did I say we didn’t. But if I can make 100k from home, working for myself, instead of going to work for 8hrs a day making someone else 100k, you best fucking believe im doing it. Its not lazy. I work just as hard now, as I did when I took mechanic work, welding work, hvac contacts and etc. Difference is I get to be at home, spending time with my family, and making more money in 6 hours than I did working 14+ hr days. Anyone can do it and people should have that option. As @BigT said, shid has been f’d for a long time in regards to student loans, and the govt f’ing people on those student loans.

People have been turning down jobs for decades. Get pissed as you want, but fact of the matter is, there ARE easier ways to make money now. Where I will agree with you and @BigT is, no one should be turning down work when you have no job to begin with. That’s just plain stupid. Any money is better than no money.

Last edited:
rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You obviously missed the fucking point of what I was saying. People worked for 12/hr because the economy was so fucked thats all they could get even with their master degrees. You obviously have zero clue how business works. Price doesn’t increase because you pay worker’s more, price increases because of supply increase.

Perfect example, I worked for Delta Airlines for 10+ years. When I started we topped out at $22 and hr. Now it’s $34 and hr. Flights prices have actually dropped in the last 10 years. Please explain how paying us more (every hourly employee for the company saw wage increases)

As far as college athletes are concerned, again its an old skool way of thinking that has to stop. These kids make the university millions, MILLIONS, and can’t even make money off their OWN life. They can sell a jersey and make millions off it, but if I sign a jersey and accept $20 dollars so I can F’ing EAT then I forfeit my ability to play? If you think thats fair, then whateva man. Kids nor their parents ever said pay me to play. They said I should be able to make money off my name, while im playing. Some of these kids go to school for 4 years, struggle to feed themselves, blow a knee out, and have nothing to show for it, yet the school make untold amounts of money off them. Thats never going to be okay for me.

NO BUSINESS, CORPORATIONS, GOVERNMENT, OR SCHOOL SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE INSANE AMOUNTS OF MONEY OFF A PERSONS LIKENESS WHILE THE PERSON THEMSELVES CAN NOTHING!!!!

You can scream bullshit all you want to but it doesn’t chance reality. Of course the world still needs tradesmen, NOWHERE did I say we didn’t. But if I can make 100k from home, working for myself, instead of going to work for 8hrs a day making someone else 100k, you best fucking believe im doing it. Its not lazy. I work just as hard now, as I did when I took mechanic work, welding work, hvac contacts and etc. Difference is I get to be at home, spending time with my family, and making more money in 6 hours than I did working 14+ hr days. Anyone can do it and people should have that option. As @BigT said, shid has been f’d for a long time in regards to student loans, and the govt f’ing people on those student loans.

People have been turning down jobs for decades. Get pissed as you want, but fact of the matter is, there ARE easier ways to make money now. Where I will agree with you and @BigT is, no one should be turning down work when you have no job to begin with. That’s just plain stupid. Any money is better than no money.
I really have to push back on the first two points. Prices increase if the cost of the good or service increases, if the demand rises greater than the current supply due to greater number of customers with issues obtaining enough scarce material, etc.

The price goes down when efficiency goes up on services or production, when market clearing rate drops but can still be fulfilled(scale), when demand for the good or service goes down, etc.

Then you have other considerations since all of the largest corporations are closely tied to the government. What is their insensitive structure? Is their guaranteed contracts? Do they offer a discounted service to the state to receive some sort of monetary reward, etc.

Then you have our Keynesian economic system to contend with that has great impacts on the value of our dollar due to their policy of assuming the more money you put into the economy the more value will put into an economy, which in theory I could make that make sense in my head but in practice has created our boom bust cycle discovered and described by Nobel prize winning Austrian(the best school IMO) economist F. A. Hayek(student of Ludwig Von Mises who wrote a masterpiece on economics called Human Action).

On its face this idea of pay more to make more only works if the greater pay comes with efficiency or volume(and possibly other factors). If simply paying more money alone made a business more successful you wouldn’t have people fighting for higher wages because the business owners(often called greedy profit seekers in todays society) would simply already pay more to make more profit.

I for the most part agree with all the other paragraphs.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I really have to push back on the first two points. Prices increase if the cost of the good or service increases, if the demand rises greater than the current supply due to greater number of customers with issues obtaining enough scarce material, etc.

The price goes down when efficiency goes up on services or production, when market clearing rate drops but can still be fulfilled(scale), when demand for the good or service goes down, etc.

Then you have other considerations since all of the largest corporations are closely tied to the government. What is their insensitive structure? Is their guaranteed contracts? Do they offer a discounted service to the state to receive some sort of monetary reward, etc.

Then you have our Keynesian economic system to contend with that has great impacts on the value of our dollar due to their policy of assuming the more money you put into the economy the more value will put into an economy, which in theory I could make that make sense in my head but in practice has created our boom bust cycle discovered and described by Nobel prize winning Austrian(the best school IMO) economist F. A. Hayek(student of Ludwig Von Mises who wrote a masterpiece on economics called Human Action).

On its face this idea of pay more to make more only works if the greater pay comes with efficiency or volume(and possibly other factors). If simply paying more money alone made a business more successful you wouldn’t have people fighting for higher wages because the business owners(often called greedy profit seekers in todays society) would simply already pay more to make more profit.

I for the most part agree with all the other paragraphs.
I agree with everything you said. My main point I was trying to drive home was that increasing frontline employee pay does not automatically equal a rise in the price of things. Also I appreciate you not saying im spouting “bullshit” just cause you disagree with what im saying.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree with everything you said. My main point I was trying to drive home was that increasing frontline employee pay does not automatically equal a rise in the price of things. Also I appreciate you not saying im spouting “bullshit” just cause you disagree with what im saying.
Oh yea absolutely agree it’s much more complex than that.

And yea I like this thread Bc for the most part it is not talking at or down to each other. I hope we can keep it that way to the best of our ability.

I appreciate you not pointing out the few typos I have to discredit my point lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i think that for many industries you are right--but where we will see a immediate increase in price of products is unfortunately the industries that pay the least like fast food, retail and service industries--one way or another we WILL foot the bill for the low pay in those industries either by higher prices or higher taxes to pay for government assistance for those working people under poverty level...

the problem as i see it is that those low paying jobs USED to be back in my day filled by high school kids and kids working 1st jobs to get a foot into the working world while looking to move up to higher paying jobs--unfortunately many of those decent paying factory jobs that were available to high school graduates are no longer available---and kids no longer want entry level jobs they see flipping burgers as degrading.

one solution would be for the government to offer incentives to private business to bring back those factory jobs to make the products we know have to import from china-even if it means we pay higher price for goods, being dependent on other countries like china for things like medicines have proven to be a disaster, imo.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
i think that for many industries you are right--but where we will see a immediate increase in price of products is unfortunately the industries that pay the least like fast food, retail and service industries--one way or another we WILL foot the bill for the low pay in those industries either by higher prices or higher taxes to pay for government assistance for those working people under poverty level...

the problem as i see it is that those low paying jobs USED to be back in my day filled by high school kids and kids working 1st jobs to get a foot into the working world while looking to move up to higher paying jobs--unfortunately many of those decent paying factory jobs that were available to high school graduates are no longer available---and kids no longer want entry level jobs they see flipping burgers as degrading.

one solution would be for the government to offer incentives to private business to bring back those factory jobs to make the products we know have to import from china-even if it means we pay higher price for goods, being dependent on other countries like china for things like medicines have proven to be a disaster, imo.
^Great points all around

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

^Great points all around
Very good points

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

Triggered much? If you think college athletes have trouble eating then you truly don't have a clue. I played college football and the last thing I worried about was food. College athletes get all the food they need and then some. Pay for play is a whole separate conversation. I never said working from home was lazy or that you were lazy. Obviously is worked for you and it works for many others. The point is that many kids these days want the "easy" way out. They don't want to flip burgers or work retail or do manual labor. They think it is below them. I worked 3 jobs throughout college to pay back my student loans. (I was a walk on for a little over a year- got kicked off the team so my college classes were not paid for by way of scholarship). I don't have any sympathy for those who don't want to pay their loans back or want a free college education. Nothing in this life is free or easy. I got a degree in Business administration/Finance yet like you found a way to make way more money by doing something different than what I went to school for. I'm a Sr. Subsea Engineer on a deep water drilling rig and I worked my way up the ladder and busted my ass to get where I am today. If you don't think increasing minimum wage is going to cause price inflation then obviously you don't know how business works.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
so, in other words you get 5 paid days regardless if you are feeling better or not...lets says a guy has a family and is deep in debt-if he isn't back to work in 5 days he aint getting paid?

lets suppose you have all these people who are sick with covid but if they don't come back to work after 5 days no pay, correct?

so you could potentially have symptomatic medical employees running around infecting non-covid patients who are already sick since they are at a hospital....this is fucked-up!!!
You could get paid up to 5 days if you were previously scheduled to work all five days. I neglected to mention that at my employer anyway (not the case with others), a negative rapid test is required at day 6 to be able to return to work.…symptomatic or not. I haven’t spoken to enough people who went through this yet, but I don’t think a negative rapid test at day 6 is all that probable. So if the rapid is still positive, you aren’t tested again with a rapid until day 11. In such case, I believe they are still required to pay you for all the shifts you were scheduled for during that timeframe under “quarantine pay.”

If someone happens to test negative at day six, yet doesn’t feel well enough to return, the quarantine pay will not be applied and we are to use our PTO. As far as someone else at other jobs with no PTO and a lengthy illness, I suppose they could be in for some financial problems if the antigen is no longer detectable in their nose?

So yes, it’s plausible that I could be running around the hospital on day 6 if my antigen test is negative. Or as I said, other hospitals are not even requiring that. It’s just another thing that is completely bizarre when you consider that all positive patients aren’t removed from isolation until after 20 days. 🤷‍♂️

I know I asked you before but I have a hard time keeping up with this thread while working offshore. But where(what state) do you work? Lots of the stuff you talk about on here is not what I am seeing where I live (Arkansas but visit south Louisiana regularly)
Maine

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I got short for while I was out. Surprisingly it was easier that I’ve heard in the past. They probably had so many people claiming they just accepted everything.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
New Tom Macdonald and Adam Calhoun song New World Order is great for people into anti-authoritarian hip hop. Just an FYI

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
First thing:
Ricky, thank you for your services. Thank you for your front line insights. Thank you for powering through long, emotionally and physically draining shifts to look after your fellow mankind.

I think they changed it to 5 days to try and minimize how shitty everything is about to get. They crunched the numbers and saw how infectious this new variant was and what would happen if 75% of the population got it in a one to two month time span what would happen to the economy, way of life, etc.

I work at a high end grocery store and over half of our staff is out with covid atm. I watched it spread from one person who had bad sniffles for a handful of days before it kicked him to the ground then suddenly to 3 and now like 30+ people have it in two weeks. Face masks are strictly enforced at work, both customer and employee, but they did not appear to do much help with this new variant.

These "supply chain" issues as they call it are really just covid outbreaks shutting down food manufacturing, transporting, stocking shelves, etc. And the disappearance of the workforce. I seriously don't understand how anybody is affording to live if they aren't working. It's like aliens kidnapped the work force. Or they all moved back in with mom and dad and are just mooching off them lol.
The store I work at has had ~40% increase in sales during this pandemic, and staffing has gone down to 25-75% (depending upon department) of what it was before covid. Now I'm starting to see people get angry and burn out from working so hard and assimilating so many other positions/jobs into their own.

I guess Sabra hummus just had an outbreak and I've been told they won't have any product until mid Feb for retailers.p

I'd stock up on non perishable foods because I have a feeling the next couple months will be bumpy.
Thank you for the appreciation and kind words!

Apparently the supply chain issues are not only due to mini COVID outbreak shutdowns, but also wharehouse workers leaving for higher paying jobs. Then of course people who don’t want to work anyway combined with the younger generations that are too privileged to work their way up in life. Much like other people have been saying.

The things that parents do for their high school and college children for greater than a decade completely blows my mind. It only continues to get worse.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As usual, following the money pulls back the curtain:

- When bigpharma stock is plummeting, you know there's a problem.

BNTX Stock Price | BioNTech SE ADR Stock Quote (U.S.: Nasdaq) | MarketWatch

- When insurance companies are seeing unprecedented claims for deaths in the 18-65 age range AFTER vaccines are released, there's a problem.

Indiana life insurance CEO says deaths are up 40% among people ages 18-64 | Indiana | thecentersquare.com

The head of Indianapolis-based insurance company OneAmerica said the death rate is up a stunning 40% from pre-pandemic levels among working-age people.

-

Davison said the increase in deaths represents "huge, huge numbers," and that's it's not elderly people who are dying, but "primarily working-age people 18 to 64" who are the employees of companies that have group life insurance plans through OneAmerica.

-

"And what we saw just in third quarter, we're seeing it continue into fourth quarter, is that death rates are up 40% over what they were pre-pandemic," he said.

"Just to give you an idea of how bad that is, a three-sigma or a one-in-200-year catastrophe would be 10% increase over pre-pandemic," he said. "So 40% is just unheard of."

-

Most of the claims for deaths being filed are not classified as COVID-19 deaths, Davison said.

"What the data is showing to us is that the deaths that are being reported as COVID deaths greatly understate the actual death losses among working-age people from the pandemic. It may not all be COVID on their death certificate, but deaths are up just huge, huge numbers."

-

The CDC weekly death counts, which reflect the information on death certificates and so have a lag of up to eight weeks or longer, show that for the week ending Nov. 6, there were far fewer deaths from COVID-19 in Indiana compared to a year ago - 195 verses 336 - but more deaths from other causes - 1,350 versus 1,319.

-

At the same news conference where Davison spoke, Brian Tabor, the president of the Indiana Hospital Association, said that hospitals across the state are being flooded with patients "with many different conditions," saying "unfortunately, the average Hoosiers' health has declined during the pandemic."

In a follow-up call, he said he did not have a breakdown showing why so many people in the state are being hospitalized - for what conditions or ailments. But he said the extraordinarily high death rate quoted by Davison matched what hospitals in the state are seeing.

"What it confirmed for me is it bore out what we're seeing on the front end,..." he said.

The number of hospitalizations in the state is now higher than before the COVID-19 vaccine was introduced a year ago, and in fact is higher than it's been in the past five years, Dr. Lindsay Weaver, Indiana's chief medical officer, said at a news conference with Gov. Eric Holcomb on Wednesday.

Just 8.9% of ICU beds are available at hospitals in the state, a low for the year, and lower than at any time during the pandemic. But the majority of ICU beds are not taken up by COVID-19 patients - just 37% are, while 54% of the ICU beds are being occupied by people with other illnesses or conditions.
- When one of Germany's largest insurers won't cover 'vaccine damage due to ordered mass vaccinations', you know there's a problem.

https://www.adac.de/produkte/versicherungen/unfallversicherung/ueberblick/

Accident insurance does not cover the following accidents:

If you have an accident due to impaired consciousness as a result of drug use
If you have an accident while driving a motor vehicle due to impaired consciousness as a result of alcohol consumption (with an alcohol content in the blood from 1.1 per thousand).
The damage to your health is caused intentionally.
Vaccine damage due to ordered mass vaccinations.
Accidents during active participation in motorsport competitions or training sessions.
Banks, insurers, and the stock market aren't in the business of losing money, and they know what's up.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
As usual, following the money pulls back the curtain:

- When bigpharma stock is plummeting, you know there's a problem.

BNTX Stock Price | BioNTech SE ADR Stock Quote (U.S.: Nasdaq) | MarketWatch

- When insurance companies are seeing unprecedented claims for deaths in the 18-65 age range AFTER vaccines are released, there's a problem.

Indiana life insurance CEO says deaths are up 40% among people ages 18-64 | Indiana | thecentersquare.com

- When one of Germany's largest insurers won't cover 'vaccine damage due to ordered mass vaccinations', you know there's a problem.

https://www.adac.de/produkte/versicherungen/unfallversicherung/ueberblick/

Banks, insurers, and the stock market aren't in the business of losing money, and they know what's up.
Yes, I do feel like the narrative is shifting quickly now with various countries dropping requirements and people quickly moving away from the "you need the booster" mentality. Suddenly everyone is "acting" normal as cases spike, at least from what I'm seeing. However the market is getting hammered across the board, LGB is prepping us for war, and we have zero business/economy minded individuals in DC now. Maybe if he fucks up the country enough we can get Trump back. Love him or hate him, he was great for the economy and I think we are may be headed into a recession.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think we need someone besides Trump. I'd go hard for a Desantis/Gabbard ticket.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think we need someone besides Trump. I'd go hard for a Desantis/Gabbard ticket.
I think it falls back to 2016 all over again. I like Desantis and even Abbot just fine, I like Rand Paul even more. But in my mind and how I see them, they're just politicians. I still think back to everything Trump accomplished, without war, the peace deals, the renegotiated trade deals all over the world, the booming economy, the factories that relocated to the states, etc etc and I just don't think we've seen a better president in this lifetime. Not even sure I "like" him, but I don't really care because the results were fantastic.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think it falls back to 2016 all over again. I like Desantis and even Abbot just fine, I like Rand Paul even more. But in my mind and how I see them, they're just politicians. I still think back to everything Trump accomplished, without war, the peace deals, the renegotiated trade deals all over the world, the booming economy, the factories that relocated to the states, etc etc and I just don't think we've seen a better president in this lifetime. Not even sure I "like" him, but I don't really care because the results were fantastic.
My thoughts exactly! Too many people focused on him swing somewhat of a jerk instead of looking at the results! I’m just not sure in 3 more years he will even want to run. He will be up there in age as well in 2024 so that has to be taken into consideration although time might “mellow out” his personality a bit.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
trump was the also the 1st republican to not back down when called a racist--up until then all democrats had to do was call a republican a racist and they would tuck their tail and run like a scared dog---trump taught republicans to stand their ground---THIS IS EXACTLY WHY DEMOCRATS HATE TRUMP.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't disagree, I just don't want to deal with the 'reeeee' for another 4 years, my ears can't take that high pitched whine.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I absolutely love the man, and I think he was the best thing Americans in our lifetime have ever seen step foot in the capital. Some people - particularly his corrupt counterparts wouldn’t stand for him breaking up and exposing their little world. Just look at how he was treated by Nancy Pelosi! Evil people don’t like individuals that devote themselves to changing things for the better.

Hence, he was villianized by the media (still is) and was removed from his position so that hopes of true American prosperity would be extinguished. And they certainly have been.

The only reason I would not want him back again, is because of all the things/people that would again make it their soul political mission to roadblock and attempt to shame him every step of the way.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
trump was the also the 1st republican to not back down when called a racist--up until then all democrats had to do was call a republican a racist and they would tuck their tail and run like a scared dog---trump taught republicans to stand their ground---THIS IS EXACTLY WHY DEMOCRATS HATE TRUMP.
Indeed! On another note…

It turns out I was wrong about if/when I test positive for COVID. I don’t know how I got this so confused before, aside from the fact that I rarely have time to read much of anything at work. Also, it’s possible that they changed it a week or two ago….I really don’t know.

So, it turns out if I happen to test positive tomorrow, I would be expected to work tomorrow unless I am running a fever, but I am to return to work after I have not had a fever for 24hrs. Other symptoms- even lethargy/cough are not acceptable as reasons to stay home. So basically I could work from day one of testing positive with symptoms and am expected to.

God forbid we should be encouraged to take adequate time to take care of ourselves after all the grueling hours we have spent taking care of the community. Talk about a slap in the face! Needless to say, if I come down with COVID and don’t feel well enough to work due to any symptom, I won’t be going in and they can f*ck themselves.