Wife Has COVID-19

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
over the weekend i had some errands so i went to several different shopping centers---the parking lots were TOTALLY full and stores were very busy, i only saw 3-4 people wearing masks...the only difference i saw between now and pre-covid was EVERY single store had help wanted signs-every one of them...so, i thought to myself if there are that many unfilled jobs where is everyone getting money to do all this shopping---then i found out that the $300 dollar per child checks had arrived on friday....

honestly, the only time i even talk about covid is here on this forum, it's like it isn't even happening where i live in small town indiana---no masks required for grades k-12 here either.........it's incredible how things are so different from place to place!!!
Yeah my town I live in us full on COVID, the talk controls their lives. When I drive 30 miles east every Weds to my hometown to have family dinner it's like going into a different world where nobody cares

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah my town I live in us full on COVID, the talk controls their lives. When I drive 30 miles east every Weds to my hometown to have family dinner it's like going into a different world where nobody cares
People don’t care about it until they see a loved one or friend die- or come close to death. Otherwise, if you aren’t seeing all the sick people in the hospital it’s very easy to pretend that it doesn’t exist….or choose to.

I posted this in another thread because it’s true:

C0DCADE2-AED1-4C6B-8101-DFD0D14C3086.jpeg

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is the mask I wear at work to make people feel better. It’s not really a mask but it makes people who sit on the other side of the office feel a bit better. 🥴

IMG_8366.JPG

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is your line of work?
I work in corporate America at a firm. 🤫 90% of our employees are working remotely but the 2-3 people who come in once in a while are super lefties.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I work in corporate America at a firm. 🤫 90% of our employees are working remotely but the 2-3 people who come in once in a while are super lefties.
Ah, you must have fun with them..!

When I heard about all the testing and so forth including TB etc when you applied for a recent job, I thought you may have been in some aspect of the medical field.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

When I heard about all the testing and so forth including TB etc when you applied for a recent job, I thought you may have been in some aspect of the medical field.
hell no...she is way smarter than that :love:

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
my new name for lefties...dementiacrats. :cool:

Ah, it’s rough being one of the only conservatives at the company. Everything is a first world problem.

I’m in the HR field and a few jobs I’ve applied to is in the medical field, but I’ve decided to stay away from those for now.

Here’s a conversation with my lesbian coworker:

She/He: I don’t support Chick-fil-a.

Me: Why?

She/He: Because they don’t support the LGBTQ community.

Me: Okay…. 🤷🏻‍♀️

She/He: They need to support the LGBTQ.

Me: Just don’t support them. They don’t need to support anyone they don’t want to. Starbucks support BLM, so I don’t support them. 🤷🏻‍♀️

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Ah, it’s rough being one of the only conservatives at the company. Everything is a first world problem.

I’m in the HR field and a few jobs I’ve applied to is in the medical field, but I’ve decided to stay away from those for now.

Here’s a conversation with my lesbian coworker:

She/He: I don’t support Chick-fil-a.

Me: Why?

She/He: Because they don’t support the LGBTQ community.

Me: Okay…. 🤷🏻‍♀️

She/He: They need to support the LGBTQ.

Me: Just don’t support them. They don’t need to support anyone they don’t want to. Starbucks support BLM, so I don’t support them. 🤷🏻‍♀️
and just a few short years ago the lefties [including gays] were criticizing people for being so 'JUDGEMENTAL', lol...

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
People don’t care about it until they see a loved one or friend die- or come close to death. Otherwise, if you aren’t seeing all the sick people in the hospital it’s very easy to pretend that it doesn’t exist….or choose to.

View attachment 207921

That's every hospital every flu season. That's just how hospitals run. They're for profit, running at 10% capacity makes 0 business sense. When the gov of a state whines that hospitals are so overwhelmed that they can't take a stabbing victim so DO THE RIGHT THING AND GET VAXXED, and I can see in 30sec that the whole state has 394 covid admissions.......

WELL yeah, the hospitals may be overrun, but it's not because they have 394 covid admissions out of thousands of beds. They're overrun because of how hospitals run, because rsv is wrecking **** right now but they won't talk about that, because <insert every reason but covid>.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That's every hospital every flu season. That's just how hospitals run. They're for profit, running at 10% capacity makes 0 business sense. When the gov of a state whines that hospitals are so overwhelmed that they can't take a stabbing victim so DO THE RIGHT THING AND GET VAXXED, and I can see in 30sec that the whole state has 394 covid admissions.......

WELL yeah, the hospitals may be overrun, but it's not because they have 394 covid admissions out of thousands of beds. They're overrun because of how hospitals run, because rsv is wrecking **** right now but they won't talk about that, because <insert every reason but covid>.
not only that but people are now getting operations and procedures done that they had put off because of covid...

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
not only that but people are now getting operations and procedures done that they had put off because of covid...
And… at first you can’t visit people because of Covid. Then you can only have one visitor. Now you have to show proof of your vaccination or get a test before you visit….

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
And… at first you can’t visit people because of Covid. Then you can only have one visitor. Now you have to show proof of your vaccination or get a test before you visit….
i think it depends on where you are located...here things are pretty much back to pre-covid.

covid hardly gets talked about...the talk here is about the 4 teenagers that were killed when the 17 year old drunk driver of their vehicle drove head on into semi.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I do have respect for the virus. I am doing what I can to keep us healthy despite already having had covid, and now having antibodies. the only honest answer that I or anyone else can give is that "I don't know". I don't know if I can get it again, or if I can get a variant, or if it will go worse. so all I can do is take care of my health to the best of my ability so my immune system can face opposition like a Spartan warrior.
if I ever show symptoms, I'm shooting up thymosin alpha 1

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

View attachment 207921
My aunt died of COVID. I can be aware of the situation and still disagree with the tyrannical way in which it's being treated.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i think it depends on where you are located...here things are pretty much back to pre-covid.

covid hardly gets talked about...the talk here is about the 4 teenagers that were killed when the 17 year old drunk driver of their vehicle drove head on into semi.
How does one teen kill more teens than covid in their city?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If this is meant to imply some sort of overreaction that is unreasonable...I live in NZ and I don't believe there was an overreaction at all. We've been in strict lockdown for 1 week now, and just under 150 Delta infections have now come to light, most of them definitively linked to the chain of transmission involving the first index case, and the border.

We have had no community transfer occur during lockdown, that wasn't due to household contact. So who knows how different this current scenario could be looking if people's movements hadn't been severely, temporarily, restricted. We have some general indications close-to-home: Australia, specifically New South Wales. Community transfer there is huge.

Now, it remains to be seen whether the current lockdown will absolutely prevent any further community cases. Either way, one of the main objectives is to minimize community transfer whilst vaccination rates increase. If we essentially remove this current outbreak domestically in the process, well fukin sweet.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
If this is meant to imply some sort of overreaction that is unreasonable...I live in NZ and I don't believe there was an overreaction at all. We've been in strict lockdown for 1 week now, and just under 150 Delta infections have now come to light, most of them definitively linked to the chain of transmission involving the first index case, and the border.

We have had no community transfer occur during lockdown, that wasn't due to household contact. So who knows how different this current scenario could be looking if people's movements hadn't been severely, temporarily, restricted. We have some general indications close-to-home: Australia, specifically New South Wales. Community transfer there is huge.

Now, it remains to be seen whether the current lockdown will absolutely prevent any further community cases. Either way, one of the main objectives is to minimize community transfer whilst vaccination rates increase. If we essentially remove this current outbreak domestically in the process, well fukin sweet.

It must suck to live in a country where you have no problem being locked down "in the name of safety".................shake my head

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It must suck to live in a country where you have no problem being locked down "in the name of safety".................shake my head
Not at all.

Lockdown here will be for approximately 2-3 weeks, if past experience is any guide. If successful, the citizens in my country will then be able to return to a degree of freedom I haven't seen in many other Western countries since this sh1t happened. And they'll be no domestic covid cases.

Note I said 'return'. We have had normal freedom of movement domestically AND no covid* since last year. I obviously hear about the restrictions with gyms, work, restaurants, etc etc people in the US and Britain and Australia face and thank fuk I don't live there.

So no, I don't shake my head over 2 weeks of restriction.

*we did have a small covid outbreak earlier in the year due to a border breach, but that was quickly contained to a very small geographical region, thanks largely to a lockdown

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
How does one teen kill more teens than covid in their city?
i live in a small city where it is rare to hear of even a single teen death-for ANY reason...for 4 teens to be killed in one drunk driving incident is big and very tragic news here...not certain there has even been 1 teen death from covid here.

Last edited:
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Only if you have 0 contact with the outside world, ever. For example, you never leave NV again. Does this seem sustainable? Good? Right?
Maybe, maybe not.

Your initial statement is a false dilemma, based on the assumption that Covid spread cannot be prevented or limited. NZ has pretty successfully kept it out, without our international borders ever being fully closed. Maybe this latest compromise will end up with Covid spreading through our domestic community; if that's the case, like I said, one of the main objectives was for this period to be used to increase Vax rates, which has occurred.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I got no problem with someone quarantining themselves and locking themselves down. I cast no judgement on someone who wants to do that for their health if that's what they think is best.

I do have a problem with my government telling me that I have to do that.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I got no problem with someone quarantining themselves and locking themselves down. I cast no judgement on someone who wants to do that for their health if that's what they think is best.

I do have a problem with my government telling me that I have to do that.
i have a bigger problem with employers setting rules for condition of employment that weren't in employee guidebook when hiring on....now i see that many major corporations are bringing in UNITED WAY to do MANDATORY CRT training for employees........where will it end?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i have a bigger problem with employers setting rules for condition of employment that weren't in employee guidebook when hiring on....now i see that many major corporations are bringing in UNITED WAY to do MANDATORY CRT training for employees........where will it end?
The biggy right now in WA state is that your employer mandates a vax and you refuse you can be fired and will not qualify for unemployment

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The biggy right now in WA state is that your employer mandates a vax and you refuse you can be fired and will not qualify for unemployment
this is a government run-around...the government has approved employers setting conditions of employment and even the SCOTUS-in the form of justice amy comey barrett has ruled this is legal...taking away a persons means of support is something i would expect to see in iran, n.korea or china.

JOE BIDEN: COVID VACCINATION IN US WILL NOT BE MANDATORY

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Turns out per this data set, that if someone is vaccinated and has a symptomatic breakthrough case, their viral load is through the roof. Much more to dig into on this study but maybe the vaccinated are the super spreaders? 🤷🏼‍♂️

“Compared with peak viral loads of cases infected with old SARS-CoV-2 strains detected in Vietnam between March and April 2020, peak viral loads of breakthrough cases were
significantly higher, median log10 viral load in copies per mL (range): 9.1 (range: 2.8–10.2) vs. 6.7 (1.9–9.5), equivalent to 251 times higher for median viral loads. The differences were more profound among symptomatic cases while there was no difference in viral loads among asymptomatic cases between the two groups.”

”In summary, we report the transmission SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant among vaccinated health care workers. Breakthrough Delta variant infections are associated with high viral loads, prolonged PCR positivity, and low levels of neutralizing antibodies after vaccination and at diagnosis. These factors coupled with poorly ventilated indoor settings and without mask wearing might have facilitated presymptomatic and/or asymptomatic transmission among the vaccinated workers.”

I think I’ll continue to hold off on putting all
My faith in the jab for now.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this is a government run-around...the government has approved employers setting conditions of employment and even the SCOTUS-in the form of justice amy comey barrett has ruled this is legal...taking away a persons means of support is something i would expect to see in iran, n.korea or china.

JOE BIDEN: COVID VACCINATION IN US WILL NOT BE MANDATORY
I like the cut of your jib.

Turns out per this data set, that if someone is vaccinated and has a symptomatic breakthrough case, their viral load is through the roof. Much more to dig into on this study but maybe the vaccinated are the super spreaders? 🤷🏼‍♂️

“Compared with peak viral loads of cases infected with old SARS-CoV-2 strains detected in Vietnam between March and April 2020, peak viral loads of breakthrough cases were
significantly higher, median log10 viral load in copies per mL (range): 9.1 (range: 2.8–10.2) vs. 6.7 (1.9–9.5), equivalent to 251 times higher for median viral loads. The differences were more profound among symptomatic cases while there was no difference in viral loads among asymptomatic cases between the two groups.”

”In summary, we report the transmission SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant among vaccinated health care workers. Breakthrough Delta variant infections are associated with high viral loads, prolonged PCR positivity, and low levels of neutralizing antibodies after vaccination and at diagnosis. These factors coupled with poorly ventilated indoor settings and without mask wearing might have facilitated presymptomatic and/or asymptomatic transmission among the vaccinated workers.”

I think I’ll continue to hold off on putting all
My faith in the jab for now.
so basically we have a massive spike because the vaccinated are more contagious than idiots like me who got some natural antibodies licking doorknobs all winter?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

While I can see some valid points in your post, I can’t emphasize enough how different this is from a flu season at its worst- on multiple levels. FWIW, I have worked in 2 hospitals over the past 10 years and influenza has never been problematic. Nor have I ever seen anyone admitted due to influenza and end up critically ill or dead.

As far as vaccination, my personal opinion is that the biggest problem right now is that the highest risk people are making very poor choices. While I like the notion of people having a free choice and I respect natural immunity, it’s very unfortunate that too many people seem to have irrational assessments of themselves. I see these people 40 y/o and up who are overweight by nearly 60-80 pounds (and up) with diabetes and I’m like really? How did you ever come to the conclusion that you didn’t have anything to worry about and opted to not take a vaccine! Same goes for anyone in the 70 and older population and is generally healthy. These are examples of cases where risks of contracting the China virus should clearly outweigh the potential risks of vaccination.

Postponing elective surgeries is back on the table for several Maine hospitals at this time including mine. Of course I have also heard of other areas of the the country facing the same as well. While things aren’t as bad yet as they have been in the past here in Maine, we can’t sustain occupying our ED with inpatients much longer. So taking the post op patients out of the equation opens up more staff and beds.
My aunt died of COVID. I can be aware of the situation and still disagree with the tyrannical way in which it's being treated.
Sorry for your loss, but the overall situation is what it is. Our society and the medical professional is built upon the notion that every life must be saved at virtually any cost. So that’s one reason behind why we have been enduring all this BS from day one. I was always totally on board with accepting loss of life even before the vaccine. Fine, wear a mask, don’t wear a mask. Take a vaccine or don’t take a vaccine. Choose you own path and see ya bye!

We aren’t willing to accept losses of life, so infringing upon many aspects or everyones life is the situation we will continue to battle.

Reactions: Nac
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
While I can see some valid points in your post, I can’t emphasize enough how different this is from a flu season at its worst- on multiple levels. FWIW, I have worked in 2 hospitals over the past 10 years and influenza has never been problematic. Nor have I ever seen anyone admitted due to influenza and end up critically ill or dead.

As far as vaccination, my personal opinion is that the biggest problem right now is that the highest risk people are making very poor choices. While I like the notion of people having a free choice and I respect natural immunity, it’s very unfortunate that too many people seem to have irrational assessments of themselves. I see these people 40 y/o and up who are overweight by nearly 60-80 pounds (and up) with diabetes and I’m like really? How did you ever come to the conclusion that you didn’t have anything to worry about and opted to not take a vaccine! Same goes for anyone in the 70 and older population and is generally healthy. These are examples of cases where risks of contracting the China virus should clearly outweigh the potential risks of vaccination.

Postponing elective surgeries is back on the table for several Maine hospitals at this time including mine. Of course I have also heard of other areas of the the country facing the same as well. While things aren’t as bad yet as they have been in the past here in Maine, we can’t sustain occupying our ED with inpatients much longer. So taking the post op patients out of the equation opens up more staff and beds.

Sorry for your loss, but the overall situation is what it is. Our society and the medical professional is built upon the notion that every life must be saved at virtually any cost. So that’s one reason behind why we have been enduring all this BS from day one. I was always totally on board with accepting loss of life even before the vaccine. Fine, wear a mask, don’t wear a mask. Take a vaccine or don’t take a vaccine. Choose you own path and see ya bye!

We aren’t willing to accept losses of life, so infringing upon many aspects or everyones life is the situation we will continue to battle.
once you accept loss of freedom of choice for one thing then you have accepted loss of freedom of choice, period!!!

maybe next time they will take away the freedom of choice for something you approve of--for your own good of course!!!

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Except assisted suicide, abortion, and the unvaxed right? Sorry man, respectfully I disagree and I subscribe to my rights as a free American. Truly, respectfully 100% but that is what I will nail to my door.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
once you accept loss or freedom of choice for one thing then you have accepted loss of freedom of choice, period!!!

maybe next time they will take away the freedom of choice for something you approve of--for your own good of course!!!
That's literally a perfect Reagan quote

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Except assisted suicide, abortion, and the unvaxed right? Sorry man, respectfully I disagree and I subscribe to my rights as a free American. Truly, respectfully 100% but that is what I will nail to my door.
I’m not sure you took what I was trying to say in the right context, but that’s cool :cool:. My view on things is a bit more complex for me to even try to fully explain myself. Do you mind sharing more about your Aunt? Like comorbidities and what her China virus battle entailed?

once you accept loss of freedom of choice for one thing then you have accepted loss of freedom of choice, period!!!

Yeah! Since I took the vaccine before mandates were even on the table, it obviously didn’t have much impact on me personally. When you are employed in the medical field, these things more or less come with the territory. Between the influenza and China virus vaccine mandate, we are like walking pin cushions. It’s all about what‘s best for the patient!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am against the government telling people what to do.

I am also against stupid people being stupid.

If we didn't have stupid people doing stupid things, we would have no reason to allow the government to tell us what to do.

So try not to be stupid, mmmkay?

Of course, I think a lot of people stop at this point in the reasoning process...but then we have to ask, how do we define what is and is not stupid or who gets to define it?

I honestly don't know, and I think any answer is going to have a lot of nuance to it.

I like what Dustin says about the government. I like what NAC is saying about, "we can prevent issues with this". I don't like the government dividing things and trying to act like they are so much smarter and know what is best. Still, we have a lot of people totally refusing to admit that covid is even an issue.

It's like alcoholics refusing to admit they cannot drive while drunk. Eventually, the government is going to have to make laws, and that will have a marginal effect (you cannot legislate away stupidity)...so more laws come and those laws often involve a lot of their own stupidity.

After typing this...maybe stupidity is the virus we need to fight?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’m not sure you took what I was trying to say in the right context, but that’s cool :cool:. My view on things is a bit more complex for me to even try to fully explain myself. Do you mind sharing more about your Aunt? Like comorbidities and what her China virus battle entailed?

Yeah! Since I took the vaccine before mandates were even on the table, it obviously didn’t have much impact on me personally. When you are employed in the medical field, these things more or less come with the territory. Between the influenza and China virus vaccine mandate, we are like walking pin cushions. It’s all about what‘s best for the patient!
Oh I think my main knee jerk response was to the idea that every life must be saved. As far as my aunt goes, I feel like she is the poster child for my take on all of this. She wasn't a phenomenally healthy person, got sick and died. It seems like the common theme with this virus.

Maybe one of the reasons the virus discussion here is more interesting is because we are surrounded by people taking their health serious. When I venture into other dark corners of the internet you're surrounded by fat asses that haven't seen a gym their entire life telling you how to be healthy..... so at least in this world, in our little safe place here, the perspectives are coming from people on both sides who are still more health driven regardless.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

If we didn't have stupid people doing stupid things, we would have no reason to allow the government to tell us what to do.

Of course, I think a lot of people stop at this point in the reasoning process...but then we have to ask, how do we define what is and is not stupid or who gets to define it?

I honestly don't know, and I think any answer is going to have a lot of nuance to it.

I like what Dustin says about the government. I like what NAC is saying about, "we can prevent issues with this". I don't like the government dividing things and trying to act like they are so much smarter and know what is best. Still, we have a lot of people totally refusing to admit that covid is even an issue.

It's like alcoholics refusing to admit they cannot drive while drunk. Eventually, the government is going to have to make laws, and that will have a marginal effect (you cannot legislate away stupidity)...so more laws come and those laws often involve a lot of their own stupidity.

I think the key thing here though is the difference between legislating to protect others and legislating to control individuals.

in the alcoholic example, the laws are to protect other people from a drunk driver, that is completely fair. Someone’s individual actions shouldn’t be allowed to negatively impact other people.

this isn’t the case with the vaccine though. Being vaccinated doesn’t stop the spread of covid or prevent transmission. It will not eradicate it.

therefore any one deciding to vaccinate is doing so to protect themselves, not to protect others. In the same way as smoking is banned indoors to protect other people from second hand smoke but is permitted for an individual to do something which is very likely to negative affect their health.

thus mandating vaccines is a government seeking to control an individual, not a government seeking to protect innocents (which by making the vaccine available they have already done).

I think the best any of us can do is make our own decision based on what feels right to us and respect that it may be different to a decision made by someone else

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think the key thing here though is the difference between legislating to protect others and legislating to control individuals.

in the alcoholic example, the laws are to protect other people from a drunk driver, that is completely fair. Someone’s individual actions shouldn’t be allowed to negatively impact other people.

this isn’t the case with the vaccine though. Being vaccinated doesn’t stop the spread of covid or prevent transmission. It will not eradicate it.

therefore any one deciding to vaccinate is doing so to protect themselves, not to protect others. In the same way as smoking is banned indoors to protect other people from second hand smoke but is permitted for an individual to do something which is very likely to negative affect their health.

thus mandating vaccines is a government seeking to control an individual, not a government seeking to protect innocents (which by making the vaccine available they have already done).

I think the best any of us can do is make our own decision based on what feels right to us and respect that it may be different to a decision made by someone else
Well said! Bravo!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
if your employer requires covid vaccine, won't you have to keep getting injections regularly forever? every 6 months or so?
in the uk the booster vaccine starts around now - apparently studies show after about 6 months the protective effect from the vaccine starts to wane 🤷

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
in the uk the booster vaccine starts around now - apparently studies show after about 6 months the protective effect from the vaccine starts to wane 🤷
Well the left likes to virtue signal about getting the jab for the vulnerable and not for themselves. This was never an endpoint in the original trial for obvious reasons, and I the transmissibility data I’ve seen is weak.

I just posted a paper looking at delta variant fully vaccinated showing 251 times the viral load as people with previous infections and unvaccinated. I’m pretty sure viral load correlates to ability to be contagious/transmission.

My gut tells me we are going to see massive issues long term with people that are vaccinated. Many won’t correlate it if its 2+ years down the road, especially health care. Add on the layer do virologists and immunologists saying we are creating a perfect storm for antibody dependent enhancement and this is not pretty. Let’s see how this post ages my this time next year! I bloody well hope they are wrong!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well the left likes to virtue signal about getting the jab for the vulnerable and not for themselves. This was never an endpoint in the original trial for obvious reasons, and I the transmissibility data I’ve seen is weak.

I just posted a paper looking at delta variant fully vaccinated showing 251 times the viral load as people with previous infections and unvaccinated. I’m pretty sure viral load correlates to ability to be contagious/transmission.

My gut tells me we are going to see massive issues long term with people that are vaccinated. Many won’t correlate it if its 2+ years down the road, especially health care. Add on the layer do virologists and immunologists saying we are creating a perfect storm for antibody dependent enhancement and this is not pretty. Let’s see how this post ages my this time next year! I bloody well hope they are wrong!
i agree, I’m not happy about that but that’s where my gut and head are at as well.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

My wife and I have the same thought. I shared your report yesterday with a buddy and he pointed out one question we need to have answered. Is the higher viral load because they are comparing delta to the original strain? or do they still find a higher viral load in vaccinated people when comparing delta to unvax delta?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

You're absolutely right. If I think about all the laws and prohibitions I'm prepared to at least tolerate or even encourage, they all seem to share that common factor of minimizing dumbfukery.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

with all of the mandates going on, and with all the assurances people have been given about safety of vaccines---can you imagine that if in 3 years serious side effects even deaths attributable to vaccines start to happen?

just for a minute think of the possibilities---it makes me pray really hard that i am wrong and that vaccines will prove to be safe in the long term!!!

Last edited:
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
with all of the mandates going on, and with all the assurances people have been given about safety of vaccines---can you imagine that if in 3 years serious side effects even deaths attributable to vaccines start to happen?

just for a minute think of the possibilities---it makes me pray really hard that i am wrong and vaccines will prove to be safe in the long term!!!
I went to the pharmacy the other day and a woman was waiting to get the shot.

Pharmacist: Are you pregnant?
Lady: Yes.
Pharmacist: Maybe you should talk to your doctor first?
Lady: I already did.
Pharmacist: And you’re ok with taking the vaccine?
Pharmacist: You know that we don’t have any studies showing how it will affect your baby, right?
Lady: Yes

Me being nosey:

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I went to the pharmacy the other day and a woman was waiting to get the shot.

Pharmacist: Are you pregnant?
Pharmacist: Maybe you should talk to your doctor first?
Lady: I already did.
Pharmacist: And you’re ok with taking the vaccine?
Pharmacist: You know that we don’t have any studies showing how it will affect your baby, right?
Lady: Yes

Me being nosey:
It’s likely the pregnant lady was taking this into consideration:

In Covid ICUs, doctors see a surge in critically ill pregnant women