Wife Has COVID-19

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode when he was throwing his shoelaces away because they touched the floor in the men's room bathroom, lol.

It's sorta funny to think about what our definition of sanitary was 10 or 20 years ago compared to today.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
As crazy as it sounds, scientists have determined the sole of a shoe is the main breeding ground for bacteria, fungi and viruses and many people conclude that your shoes could potentially be carrying something that could make you sick. Your chances are higher if you’re wearing them in busy areas like supermarkets, airports or public transportation. Which is why its usually recommended to leave your shoes at the door
good point. but before you go barefoot everywhere let's not forget about ringworm

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
🙄 Did you know eliminating routine, normal exposure to pathogens is not actually desirable? That the rsv epidemic currently overwhelming our hospitals is caused by non-exposure? Let's answer this question: how many people have been infected by anything from a shoe, in the last 50 years? Of those, did any die?

As far as those kids, it's definitely the shoes that are the problem, not the little snot factories wearing the shoes, right? As if they won't sneeze and drool covid on the floor, the new shoes, their masks, the desks, and each other anyway? Please.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did you know eliminating routine, normal exposure to pathogens is not actually desirable? That the rsv epidemic currently overwhelming our hospitals is caused by non-exposure? Let's answer this question: how many people have been infected by anything from a shoe, in the last 50 years? Of those, did any die?

As far as those kids, it's definitely the shoes that are the problem, not the little snot factories wearing the shoes, right? As if they won't sneeze and drool covid on the floor, the new shoes, their masks, the desks, and each other anyway? Please.
You are argumentative as hell for absolutely NO reason. He asked why the school could suggest such a thing. I offered an explanation as to why. THAT'S IT! I never said it was valid or an actual thing that happens, just explaining a possible reason why his local school system could be saying something like that.

And to counter your argument, 90% of people do not know where they get sick from, only that they did. You can't say for 100% certain that people aren't made sick by something they trekked in. ANY bacteria, fungus, or virus can be on on your shoe, you put your feet on the table, then eat at same table and boom you could have something 🤷🏾‍♂️ and never know it came from the soles of your shoe. You don't know, I dont know, and I doubt anyone knows if someone has died from whatever they trekked into their house. Doubt it can even be proven, but hey its possible.

I for one think its crazy to require a different pair of shoes for school, BUT my statement still stands true as to the possible reason why they could be saying that.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What is normal treatment for a COVID patient (at any stage)? I had asked someone about the national production act we had last year to build 40k new ventilators (my business was fortunate enough to be used on some of that) but they had "reminded" me that we found ventilators were somehow worse? I couldn't argue because I couldn't remember the discussion that.

What type of medication are you guys giving COVID patients? How long (assuming they don't die) are they "typically" there for? (I know outliers exist in both directions)

It's great having you share your real world experiences with us.
Thanks ;)

I don’t really know anything specific about the production of new ventilators, aside from what most of us heard. We had actually just bought 7 new ventilators right before the China virus hit that were intended to replace the 7 ventilators we had for years that didn’t offer the newest technology. Before we traded in the old vents, the virus hit and we were able to keep them all. Do you mean is it generally worse to place a COVID patient on a ventilator than not?

Nothing too crazy as far as meds….just the standard. Remdesivir for 5 days, Dexamethasone for 10 days or much longer if still critically ill- but then we wean the patient off it SLOWLY after that. Then there is Tocilizumab which is given only once depending on certain criteria and severity. I haven’t seen anyone get convalescent plasma forever. I’m not quite sure what happened to that- oh, I just found that it was determined to not offer any significant benefit. 🤷‍♂️

Some people get admitted on a day that I am working and then I go back to work 3 or 4 days later and they are discharged. Other people make very sudden changes for the worse in terms of oxygen requirements, and that’s when it becomes a very lengthy stay.

Other people may remember me talk a few months ago about an 85 yo vaccinated man who developed COVID PNA. I had a brain fart as he is actually 90 yo and was a patient of ours for 2.5 months! Perfectly healthy 90 yo man who is 6’4” and was in great physical and mental shape for his age. He was still very active and even did some work from his IPad. He escaped being on a ventilator, but he was on very high oxygen for most of his stay. If the virus didn’t destroy his lungs, oxygen toxicity did.

He just left yesterday and I was the first RT to initially see him in the ED, and I was also the one there to say goodbye. He will be on 4L oxygen while at rest, and 6L with any activity probably forever. By activity I mean getting out of bed and moving to the chair right beside it and still struggling to catch his breath. He went to rehab so maybe his stamina will improve. However, you can’t reverse scarred lung tissue. So he was our longest admitted patient, but severe cases in general are a good 3-6 weeks.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You are argumentative as hell for absolutely NO reason. He asked why the school could suggest such a thing. I offered an explanation as to why. THAT'S IT! I never said it was valid or an actual thing that happens, just explaining a possible reason why his local school system could be saying something like that.

And to counter your argument, 90% of people do not know where they get sick from, only that they did. You can't say for 100% certain that people aren't made sick by something they trekked in. ANY bacteria, fungus, or virus can be on on your shoe, you put your feet on the table, then eat at same table and boom you could have something 🤷🏾‍♂️ and never know it came from the soles of your shoe. You don't know, I dont know, and I doubt anyone knows if someone has died from whatever they trekked into their house. Doubt it can even be proven, but hey its possible.

I for one think its crazy to require a different pair of shoes for school, BUT my statement still stands true as to the possible reason why they could be saying that.
He asked 'Clown world or makes sense?' I offered a response. It's gonna be OK.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That is freaking insane!!!!!! I’m about to pull the religious card soon! I’m about to go out of town this weekend and not say a damn word.
I also have to take a daily health screen on my smart phone before each shift that asks me a series of questions like have you had any known positive contacts, running a temperature, new cough…blah, blah, blah. If the answer is yes to any of them, I have to get a test that day. This has been happening for over a year.

The question that is no longer on there is have you traveled out of state. Now it just asks if I have traveled out of the country. However, when it used to ask that, the overwhelming majority of us would never tell the truth as it was just too much bullsh*t to go through. So yeah, never admit to travel!

In regard to my China virus testing every 3 days, I think it’s time that I play the race card. I will claim they are singling me out because I am a white male, and then insist that I be called “them” as I go about my business.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks ;)

I don’t really know anything specific about the production of new ventilators, aside from what most of us heard. We had actually just bought 7 new ventilators right before the China virus hit that were intended to replace the 7 ventilators we had for years that didn’t offer the newest technology. Before we traded in the old vents, the virus hit and we were able to keep them all. Do you mean is it generally worse to place a COVID patient on a ventilator than not?

Nothing too crazy as far as meds….just the standard. Remdesivir for 5 days, Dexamethasone for 10 days or much longer if still critically ill- but then we wean the patient off it SLOWLY after that. Then there is Tocilizumab which is given only once depending on certain criteria and severity. I haven’t seen anyone get convalescent plasma forever. I’m not quite sure what happened to that- oh, I just found that it was determined to not offer any significant benefit. 🤷‍♂️

Some people get admitted on a day that I am working and then I go back to work 3 or 4 days later and they are discharged. Other people make very sudden changes for the worse in terms of oxygen requirements, and that’s when it becomes a very lengthy stay.

Other people may remember me talk a few months ago about an 85 yo vaccinated man who developed COVID PNA. I had a brain fart as he is actually 90 yo and was a patient of ours for 2.5 months! Perfectly healthy 90 yo man who is 6’4” and was in great physical and mental shape for his age. He was still very active and even did some work from his IPad. He escaped being on a ventilator, but he was on very high oxygen for most of his stay. If the virus didn’t destroy his lungs, oxygen toxicity did.

He just left yesterday and I was the first RT to initially see him in the ED, and I was also the one there to say goodbye. He will be on 4L oxygen while at rest, and 6L with any activity probably forever. By activity I mean getting out of bed and moving to the chair right beside it and still struggling to catch his breath. He went to rehab so maybe his stamina will improve. However, you can’t reverse scarred lung tissue. So he was our longest admitted patient, but severe cases in general are a good 3-6 weeks.
Sooooo… what happened to all the new ventilators that were in the landfill? Were they ever recovered?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We are finally walking the stage (I graduated in 2020). Wtf is this…. Zim?!?

65204677646__18C46067-9A19-463A-9611-33B3C3CF223C.JPG

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sooooo… what happened to all the new ventilators that were in the landfill? Were they ever recovered?
I didn’t even know about that until now. They were probably ordered by Trump, so the Biden administration tossed them just out of spite!

Last edited:
Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It just keeps on rolling…I don’t know how much more of this sh*t I can take!

The World Health Organization (WHO) is tracking a new COVID-19 variant that it says could have the ability to evade the immunity people get from vaccines and prior COVID-19 infections. Called Mu, the B.1.621 variant was first detected in Colombia in January this year. It has since been detected in 39 countries and was added to the WHO's watchlist on August 30.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

The World Health Organization (WHO) is tracking a new COVID-19 variant that it says could have the ability to evade the immunity people get from vaccines and prior COVID-19 infections. Called Mu, the B.1.621 variant was first detected in Colombia in January this year. It has since been detected in 39 countries and was added to the WHO's watchlist on August 30.
Well, it was nice knowing all of you, thanks for all the good times…

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Makes sense. Saw good news today that estimated 80% of people 16 and older(based on rather large sample) have antibodies to Covid.

We needed some bad news to keep this dystopia thing going.

Sucks.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Good grief. Stay scared!!!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Things have been VERY hectic at work after that one day on Tuesday that was tolerable. Just so many sick people all summer even without the China virus in the mix. As a result, MaineHealth has postponed most elective surgeries to make room for everyone.

I have had the floor which includes the non-critical China virus unit for the past two days and it has been absolutely exhausting. I gave it my all yesterday, and facing the same assignment again made me have to dig real deep, and also take a great deal of Adderall.

Currently 10 positive patients- 3 vaccinated and 7 unvaccinated. Some are the same crop, some are new. The interesting thing though is that all 3 of the vaccinated patients got the J&J vaccine, and 1 of those 3 is on a ventilator. Our previous unvaccinated ventilated patient was transferred out of the hospital as he also required services that we don’t offer- just like the one before him.

So basically what I am saying is the J&J has seemed to be performing the worst of the vaccines. Which isn’t all that surprising since it underperformed in clinical trials.

I also tested negative for the 5th time in a span of 2 weeks. This should be the end of that ridiculousness..

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well, it was nice knowing all of you, thanks for all the good times…
Makes sense. Saw good news today that estimated 80% of people 16 and older(based on rather large sample) have antibodies to Covid.

We needed some bad news to keep this dystopia thing going.

Sucks.
Good grief. Stay scared!!!
Many of us at work are having a more negative outlook on things recently. The potential is certainly there for things to get worse as opposed to better in the longer term, and that really has been the overall trend from the beginning of everything to now. A few people recently within and outside the hospital tell me personal stories of people they know dying suddenly while being treated as an outpatients. Meanwhile, I’m starting to get more concerned about my own father at 72 years old and vaccinated.

When you look at the latest China virus news regarding mutations and failing vaccines and such, I think it’s hard to see things that optimistically. The virus is always a step ahead of us, and seems like it always will be.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

All part of the plan to either string us out mentally or slowly reduce the population. Either way it will work

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Things have been VERY hectic at work after that one day on Tuesday that was tolerable. Just so many sick people all summer even without the China virus in the mix. As a result, MaineHealth has postponed most elective surgeries to make room for everyone.

I have had the floor which includes the non-critical China virus unit for the past two days and it has been absolutely exhausting. I gave it my all yesterday, and facing the same assignment again made me have to dig real deep, and also take a great deal of Adderall.

Currently 10 positive patients- 3 vaccinated and 7 unvaccinated. Some are the same crop, some are new. The interesting thing though is that all 3 of the vaccinated patients got the J&J vaccine, and 1 of those 3 is on a ventilator. Our previous unvaccinated ventilated patient was transferred out of the hospital as he also required services that we don’t offer- just like the one before him.

So basically what I am saying is the J&J has seemed to be performing the worst of the vaccines. Which isn’t all that surprising since it underperformed in clinical trials.

I also tested negative for the 5th time in a span of 2 weeks. This should be the end of that ridiculousness..
Thank you for digging deep for humanity. Moving to the woods sounds more and more appealing. Just need my company to mandate it and I’m gone.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Conspiracy plot twist: They just keep releasing stronger and stronger strains of their creation and label them variants

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ignore the religion part and appreciate the facts. Presented by a lawyer, not a conspiracy theorist.

Might sound crazy but to me as a very low risk person it almost feels like it would be good to get Covid to actual have a better chance of immunity to newer strains.

I also contemplated are the vaccines causing variants due to the correlation in time when the vaccines starting rolling out in large numbers so did the delta variant. Not claiming anything I just thought it was odd.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Might sound crazy but to me as a very low risk person it almost feels like it would be good to get Covid to actual have a better chance of immunity to newer strains.

I also contemplated are the vaccines causing variants due to the correlation in time when the vaccines starting rolling out in large numbers so did the delta variant. Not claiming anything I just thought it was odd.
This was my stance from the start. I didn’t want to live in fear of getting it, I wanted immunity, and I wanted to move on. I finally got covid after 9 months of as little precautions as possible. Got it in an Idaho dive bar/sharing cigarettes with strangers lol. I unknowingly brought it to my whole family at thanksgiving and they all got it as well. I felt bad at first for giving it to my 63 year old parents, but now with all the immunity data coming out it turns out it might have been for the best.

One thing I can tell you, is there is an insane amount of pride and ego in medicine. There is a lot of going with the flow and not challenging the status quo. I can assure you that the smartest immunologists/virologists/etc in the world do not have the immune system even close to being understood. So to act like they can create a vaccine that solves our problem better than our innate system can? Nope, not buying it for a second. That is if this thing is natural or course

I have however seen a few virologists/PhD’s that supported your hunch of vaccines causing variants. The agenda doesn’t listen to them tho... this makes it all more nefarious to me. It’s been full steam ahead since the start. Like a predetermined path.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think I'm gonna drop $300 on a vial of thymosin alpha 1 to keep on hand for if I get covid

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It is weird how it effects everyone so differently. My good friend has it and he has no symptoms at all, only got tested because people on his job site got it.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

2 points:

Delta is far milder than alpha and the others. I saw headlines saying 'Dr's having to test more because they can't differentiate between covid and a regular cold', due to the similar, mild symptoms. So instead of freaking out about delta, everyone should be happy, it's the best case scenario: a very mild version that still gives you immunity to future, possible worse variants. I certainly wouldn't try to get it, but I also have 0 fucks, I do bjj, Ive worked very closely with covid positive people for extended periods, etc. Probably had asymptomatic covid already.

Second, flattening the curve. It's known that if you flatten the curve too much, you can create a situation where you drag it out too long, and create a situation where people get it more than once, VS a situation where you let it rip through the population, everyone has immunity at the same time, and the virus has nowhere to go. With the vaccines, this is kind of what's happening, as well as overall. We've dragged it out so long that it just keeps recirculating, making new variants, immunity from vaccines is waning and inferior, people are getting it despite being vaxxed, etc. People who had covid aren't getting reinfected anywhere near the rate of solely vaxxed individuals. Should a just let it run with the inky flattening happening according to what they did say the goal was (they lied, as we know now): to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed. Ideally, covid would run rampant, with hospitals being at 99% capacity until it's done.

Last edited:
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is weird how it effects everyone so differently. My good friend has it and he has no symptoms at all, only got tested because people on his job site got it.
This. My brother is on dialysis, caught it and only had a runny nose. My friend, who’s super healthy, caught it and thought he was going to die and still has lingering issues (breathing). It’s been about 7 months since he had it.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This. My brother is on dialysis, caught it and only had a runny nose. My friend, who’s super healthy, caught it and thought he was going to die and still has lingering issues (breathing). It’s been about 7 months since he had it.
Curious if they know their blood vitamin D levels...

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
it's starting to sound like it's T cell related

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
2 points:

Delta is far milder than alpha and the others. I saw headlines saying 'Dr's having to test more because they can't differentiate between covid and a regular cold', due to the similar, mild symptoms. So instead of freaking out about delta, everyone should be happy, it's the best case scenario: a very mild version that still gives you immunity to future, possible worse variants. I certainly wouldn't try to get it, but I also have 0 fucks, I do bjj, Ive worked very closely with covid positive people for extended periods, etc. Probably had asymptomatic covid already.

Second, flattening the curve. It's known that if you flatten the curve too much, you can create a situation where you drag it out too long, and create a situation where people get it more than once, VS a situation where you let it rip through the population, everyone has immunity at the same time, and the virus has nowhere to go. With the vaccines, this is kind of what's happening, as well as overall. We've dragged it out so long that it just keeps recirculating, making new variants, immunity from vaccines is waning and inferior, people are getting it despite being vaxxed, etc. People who had covid aren't getting reinfected anywhere near the rate of solely vaxxed individuals. Should a just let it run with the inky flattening happening according to what they did say the goal was (they lied, as we know now): to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed. Ideally, covid would run rampant, with hospitals being at 99% capacity until it's done.
On the first point yea that’s awesome I just don’t know what it will turn into since we keep screwing around. It infuriates me they blame unvaccinated because if I were not forced by the barely of the gun I wouldn’t give those clowns money to experiment on making viruses in the first place.

On the second point this is why I wish we were like the Scandinavian countries who actually took the time to calculate the detriments of our attempted mitigation efforts. Which brings me to the two largest fallacies of our government planning: 1. Whenever we do anything we only look at the immediate impact of the group or goal we want to obtain, and 2 we never look at the impacts long term or on groups we did not consider. Inevitably they miss something, then they make new policies to fix the first mistake while simultaneously making the same mistake of nearsightedness, rinse, repeat. Meanwhile most of the public, at no fault of their own really because they are not taught this in government schools, demand the current mistake be made.

Long rant but that kinda of explains the faults of a society with the inclination towards high time preference.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
2 points:

ive been in agreement with most of your posts on here bro, but on this one my understanding is a bit different…..

im in the UK so we’ve had delta for longer and as far as the figures seem to show it’s basically the same in terms of effect and more transmissible, it’s not milder as far as we’ve seen 🤷

in regard to giving the virus nowhere to go, according to the cdc and other studies people who have previously had covid or been vaccinated can still carry it the same as those who haven’t (they just don’t get as ill), so it’ll still keep circulating and mutating, it just won’t cause as many hospitalisations.

the above is why I’m not getting the vac though (well one of the reasons), it doesn’t help me protect anyone else so I don’t have to consider that.

I also agree that natural immunity looks like it will protect against more mutations so to me that would be another reason not to slow the spread if hospitals can cope 🤷

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
All part of the plan to either string us out mentally or slowly reduce the population. Either way it will work
No matter what your stance is on these vaccines, I think we all can take a moment to enjoy this. It pretty much sums up where we are at!

Conspiracy plot twist: They just keep releasing stronger and stronger strains of their creation and label them variants
I have had the same thoughts. Not that I don’t believe in the China virus mutating, but I also certainly don’t trust the people responsible for releasing it in the first place!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ive been in agreement with most of your posts on here bro, but on this one my understanding is a bit different…..

im in the UK so we’ve had delta for longer and as far as the figures seem to show it’s basically the same in terms of effect and more transmissible, it’s not milder as far as we’ve seen 🤷

in regard to giving the virus nowhere to go, according to the cdc and other studies people who have previously had covid or been vaccinated can still carry it the same as those who haven’t (they just don’t get as ill), so it’ll still keep circulating and mutating, it just won’t cause as many hospitalisations.

the above is why I’m not getting the vac though (well one of the reasons), it doesn’t help me protect anyone else so I don’t have to consider that.

I also agree that natural immunity looks like it will protect against more mutations so to me that would be another reason not to slow the spread if hospitals can cope 🤷
Delta is absolutely more transmissible, but symptoms are less deadly. Again, best case scenario: more people get a less deadly disease, and gain immunity with less danger of dying.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That would make sense considering the death rates do not seem to be climbing similar to last year even those cases are. I guess the therapeutic “vax” could be part of that.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Delta is absolutely more transmissible, but symptoms are less deadly. Again, best case scenario: more people get a less deadly disease, and gain immunity with less danger of dying.
and if you get it three times---you have gained IMMORTALITY!!!!

and get to be a highlander......

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That would make sense considering the death rates do not seem to be climbing similar to last year even those cases are. I guess the therapeutic “vax” could be part of that.
Yeah, while the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines aren’t perfect, they have certainly proven to be very helpful at this stage in the game in preventing hospitalizations/severe illness in most cases.

The unvaccinated we see are just as sick as they were during prior variants and even more severe once they end up requiring mechanical ventilation. We used to be able to save most people with extensive time on a ventilator. This time around, we are having to transfer most of them out of our facility because their lungs are so stiff that we can’t even ventilate or oxygenate them effectively without causing tension pneumothoraces. They go to other facilities when beds are available to receive ECMO.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, while the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines aren’t perfect, they have certainly proven to be very helpful at this stage in the game in preventing hospitalizations/severe illness in most cases.

The unvaccinated we see are just as sick as they were during prior variants and even more severe once they end up requiring mechanical ventilation. We used to be able to save most people with extensive time on a ventilator. This time around, we are having to transfer most of them out of our facility because their lungs are so stiff that we can’t even ventilate or oxygenate them effectively without causing tension pneumothoraces. They go to other facilities when beds are available to receive ECMO.
Appreciate the info.

To the outside world it would seem nuts that I would take the word of someone on anabolic minds over mainstream news sources…but here we are.

Again thanks for the inside scoop.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Welp...

Last edited:
mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Welp...
For arguments to be taken seriously, they shouldnt be posted from sites with CLEAR bias. The ENTIRE site is anti-vaccine.

Also, the "DR" from the 2nd link was arrested in January 2014 and convicted in 2016 on two out of three charges of theft and practicing medicine without a license.

Last edited:
THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For arguments to be taken seriously, they shouldnt be posted from sites with CLEAR bias. The ENTIRE site is anti-vaccine.

Also, the "DR" from the 2nd link was arrested in January 2014 and convicted in 2016 on two out of three charges of theft and practicing medicine without a license.
So you you believe something to be true you shouldn’t report on it as such? Goodness, and please show me something 100% without bias

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So you you believe something to be true you shouldn’t report on it as such? Goodness, and please show me something 100% without bias
No what im saying is, that sources should always be considered. Case in point, the Israel study that just came out on natural immunity. That was an unbiased study

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

So we can't take any of the pro-vaccine info seriously either...

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just thought of this thread as I am going through a situation where someone I know got the Pfizer vax about 5-6 months ago and recently ended up in the hospital with blood sugar levels up near 600. Yes he was diabetic beforehand. His WBC is through the roof (30,000) and he has constant low BP that they had him on 3 pressors to maintain. He is obviously in critical condition and the docs keep searching for an infection.

It hits me that mRNA and Lipopolysaccharides = increased IL-6 = Impaired insulin function = increased insulin release = increased mRNA (feedback loop).

I have been thinking I am crazy thinking the vax (mRNA and lipopolysaccharides) could cause this but thought the MOA was plausible 6 months later. He probably got worse and worse over time.

So I did some research and found the Reuters is running an article with "experts" claiming there is no evidence that the vax can cause a cytokine storm (which would be increased IL-6, unresponsive low blood pressure, low platelets, elevated WBC - all that he has and the associated sepsis).

What a relief. I don't have to worry about this then:

Or this:

Or this:

Or this:

I am not anti-vax. It remains critical that people with diabetes get vaccinated for this very reason, but this stuff should be more out there. Maybe @Ricky10 and others in a hospital setting are aware...but it doesn't seem like it.

None of this is proof, it is an issue where things are just nuanced and complicated. And I just needed to vent a little.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just thought of this thread as I am going through a situation where someone I know got the Pfizer vax about 5-6 months ago and recently ended up in the hospital with blood sugar levels up near 600. Yes he was diabetic beforehand. His WBC is through the roof (30,000) and he has constant low BP that they had him on 3 pressors to maintain. He is obviously in critical condition and the docs keep searching for an infection.

It hits me that mRNA and Lipopolysaccharides = increased IL-6 = Impaired insulin function = increased insulin release = increased mRNA (feedback loop).

I have been thinking I am crazy thinking the vax (mRNA and lipopolysaccharides) could cause this but thought the MOA was plausible 6 months later. He probably got worse and worse over time.

So I did some research and found the Reuters is running an article with "experts" claiming there is no evidence that the vax can cause a cytokine storm (which would be increased IL-6, unresponsive low blood pressure, low platelets, elevated WBC - all that he has and the associated sepsis).

Or this:

Or this:

Or this:

I am not anti-vax. It remains critical that people with diabetes get vaccinated for this very reason, but this stuff should be more out there. Maybe @Ricky10 and others in a hospital setting are aware...but it doesn't seem like it.

None of this is proof, it is an issue where things are just nuanced and complicated. And I just needed to vent a little.
This is an example of what I mean by non biased sources.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Haha, being arrested doesn't make him wrong...just less credible. He COULD still be right;)

Having said that, I wish I kept the link to the study Pfizer submitted that I read earlier. It gave a glowing report on a number of inflammatory markers, but avoided talking about IL-6 entirely. It was lost in the soup of a half dozen other markers. Maybe it is just a case that they can't possibly test for every marker. But it seems a little suspicious to leave IL-6 out of all things.

And this is not dealing with Covid but basically suggests it could be an issue with ANY vaccine in certain people:

Now, I am not anti-vax. I even suggested my gf with an autoimmune disease to get the J&J vax and we both did. It was a risk that I calculated and was comfortable with and so was she. But we avoided the mRNA for this reason actually.

Hang on...this tin foil is a bit tight...

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Or this:

Or this:

Or this:

Haha, being arrested doesn't make him wrong...just less credible. He COULD still be right;)

Having said that, I wish I kept the link to the study Pfizer submitted that I read earlier. It gave a glowing report on a number of inflammatory markers, but avoided talking about IL-6 entirely. It was lost in the soup of a half dozen other markers. Maybe it is just a case that they can't possibly test for every marker. But it seems a little suspicious to leave IL-6 out of all things.

And this is not dealing with Covid but basically suggests it could be an issue with ANY vaccine in certain people:

Now, I am not anti-vax. I even suggested my gf with an autoimmune disease to get the J&J vax and we both did. It was a risk that I calculated and was comfortable with and so was she. But we avoided the mRNA for this reason actually.

Hang on...this tin foil is a bit tight...
That’s all above my pay grade, and I also just took a Benadryl :sleep:

However, I was recently interested in looking at bloodwork of vaccinated patients who test negative upon admission for something irrelevant to see if anything was consistently off. I was specifically looking at hematology, chemistry, and coagulation bloodwork results, and everything was in normal range. I don’t believe cytokines are part of routine bloodwork, but I will double check on that tomorrow.

I only did like 5-10 minutes of this ”research” about a week ago. I will try to do more as time permits!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That’s all above my pay grade, and I also just took a Benadryl :sleep:

However, I was recently interested in looking at bloodwork of vaccinated patients who test negative upon admission for something irrelevant to see if anything was consistently off. I was specifically looking at hematology, chemistry, and coagulation bloodwork results, and everything was in normal range. I don’t believe cytokines are part of routine bloodwork, but I will double check on that tomorrow.

I only did like 5-10 minutes of this ”research” about a week ago. I will try to do more as time permits!
I do not believe any cytokines are routine bloodwork. Now you have my interest on what you were searching for.

And this is way above my pay grade for sure. I am in territory where it is fair to say I don't know what I am talking about.