Which Protein do you prefer?

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
I am looking for a new protein as a staple. One that I can use preWO, postWO, or anytime. The 2 that stick out to me the most are Trutein(chocolate peanut butter cup) and Combat Powder(triple berry). I usually am a fan of berry flavored protein powders. Let me know what you think, and if you have had experience with either of these proteins.

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
I've been using ON Gold Standard whey or Dymatize Elite Gourmet. Every time I buy a different kind it doesn't mix right in a bowl of oatmeal + peanut butter + stevia. Myofusion mixed well but I can't handle the egg protein in it.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
This. very versatile, can serve as a good pre-workout meal or post-workout shake, can be used at almost any time. plus taste is second to none ;) the strawberry is highly underrated in my opinion

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
Trutein ,
it will be better than a mostly whey product (protean) if you plan to use it anytime.

MrDeadlift

Awards
I used to big a huge fan of IsoPure. But now, I am in love with Proto Whey from BNRG. The Vanilla creme taste is amazing.

bpclipper10

Awards
  • Established
Dymatize Iso-100...their prices seemed to of gone up a bit lately but the quality and taste is worth it to me. Trutein is a great choice too. Just my two cents.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trutein is nasty. Awful aftertaste. I do really like their Iso-ology line though. Jamocha Shake is the best tasting out of the Iso-ology line.

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
i third this post ^^^^^^^ i use sam's club 5 pounders
Your local Sam's club sells Trutein? Mine only has muscletech, *** pro- performance, and muscle milk. I dislike all of them.

Has no one here tried Combat powder? I am looking at these 2 because am looking for a protein that isn't moslty whey.

I have liked Dymatize Elite Fusion 7 Strawberry. I may just go back to that.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This. very versatile, can serve as a good pre-workout meal or post-workout shake, can be used at almost any time. plus taste is second to none ;) the strawberry is highly underrated in my opinion
My problem with strawberry flavors is that all of them have that same pepto bismal taste to it. Granted I haven't had iforce's so I can't comment on it but I have high hopes for it.

Your local Sam's club sells Trutein? Mine only has muscletech, *** pro- performance, and muscle milk. I dislike all of them.

Has no one here tried Combat powder? I am looking at these 2 because am looking for a protein that isn't moslty whey.

I have liked Dymatize Elite Fusion 7 Strawberry. I may just go back to that.
I have. I currently have the Chocolate and the Chocolate Peanut Butter Combat Powder. The chocolate is chocolate, nothing special but good. The Chocolate Peanut Butter is really good though. I haven't tried the triple berry yet but plan to order some in the next couple days.

I also like XF protein but I found Trutein to be too gritty.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Loving protean vanilla cupcake batter which is unreal.. just waiting for vanilla mint but just ordered some combat cpb for cheap. At the Arnold.. I thought cytosports new proteins were really good.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Loving protean vanilla cupcake batter which is unreal.. just waiting for vanilla mint but just ordered some combat cpb for cheap. At the Arnold.. I thought cytosports new proteins were really good.
And what are your thoughts on Vanilla Lipotropic Protein ;)?

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nutra pro is good I bought 15lbs during a sale. When it's time for me to order protein I try to find a deal and stock up. I will admit iforce's protean has spoiled me... The taste is by far the best and the blend of proteins is great too. I've been mixing it with my nutra pro to make it last

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
Nutra pro is good I bought 15lbs during a sale. When it's time for me to order protein I try to find a deal and stock up. I will admit iforce's protean has spoiled me... The taste is by far the best and the blend of proteins is great too. I've been mixing it with my nutra pro to make it last
I second Nutrapro as well. I love their chocolate. Great profile too. But nothing is beating the vanilla cupcake batter Protean. It is more than just a protein powder. Baking, recipes...it's setting new standards. I have tried a TON of protein powders for baking/muffins/cakes and NONE of them hold up to the cupcake batter Protean. It is unreal. Crispy, creamy, when poofed it is poofy yet somehow remains moist with great texture...no clumps... no bumps. Just pure goodness. OP we got some insanely delicious recipes if needed.

therealest77

I second Nutrapro as well. I love their chocolate. Great profile too. But nothing is beating the vanilla cupcake batter Protean. It is more than just a protein powder. Baking, recipes...it's setting new standards. I have tried a TON of protein powders for baking/muffins/cakes and NONE of them hold up to the cupcake batter Protean. It is unreal. Crispy, creamy, when poofed it is poofy yet somehow remains moist with great texture...no clumps... no bumps. Just pure goodness. OP we got some insanely delicious recipes if needed.
I third the Nutrapro, but you can't buy the stuff because they won't keep it in stock.

I'll just replace it with Protean, I keep hearing great things about it

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And what are your thoughts on Vanilla Lipotropic Protein ;)?
Honestly bro, I bought a ton, like 80lbs of lipotropic protein chocolate on sale for dirt cheap and 1 vanilla. Chocolate I love, i absolutely love the texture and flavor. One of my favorites for sure. I have a horrible stomach condition, most food/shakes leave me feeling bloated and full, lipo does not at all. Vanilla is good, not the best, I def don't love it, but I can easily drink it. My girl just ordered syntha 6 for cheap, so i ordered 5 tubs of vanilla for 20 a piece.

Mike

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you like chocolate flavored protein Nutrex Muscle Infusion Black is a very good blend of different
proteins with an excellent chocolate taste in water and you can find a 5lb container out there for
about $36.

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
I'm a big fan of twinlab fuel chocolate. It tastes good and mixes great. Cheap as hell too .

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Syntha-6 chocolate

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I also like Muscle Gauge and their cake batter is one of the best out their. I love to add a scoop to
my oatmeal banana pancakes. I have tasted about 5 of their flavors and they all tasted pretty good
in water.

Strygwyr

Strygwyr

Awards
Rocky road and choco for me from mgn I'm addicted to it I even find my self trying to lick the lumps that get left sticking on the side of my glass @_@

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a big fan of twinlab fuel chocolate. It tastes good and mixes great. Cheap as hell too .
I didn't even know they still existed until I saw them at the arnold

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am planning on trying some Protean sometime in the future.

brendan808

Awards
I take COMBAT by muscle farm. It works really good cause it has all different types of protein and it has digestive enzymes so i cant take it on an empty stomach. It tastes great too.