100x18x16x12x12

leg extension
150x10x10x10

BB shrug
225x12x12

neck plate curls
10x12x12x12
20x10x10x10

Surprised it looked as good as it did. This week of fasting and low calories I definitely have not recovered very well and energy levels super low today. Also been a pretty long weeek at work this week as well.
Next week de load and cardio bump calories up a scoosh. Really thought I’d seee 219 on the scale this week but no dice yet. Definitely looking a little slimmer in the mirror.
Another solid DL session!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
gym time 5 am 70 minutes
W5-D1
Deload week

pre workout coffee + pea relief + 4 caps Pepti plex

bench
140x8x8

db flat bench
45x8x8

BB row
125x6x6

lat pull down
135x8x8

BB curl
55x10x10

skull cruaher
55x8x8

neck curl
10#x10x10x10

elliptical 2 miles

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
all I can think about here is "I'd like to have Nachos in about 10 hours so I'll start smoking the meat now" lol
looks awesome, big kudos cause I know how much work and art that is.
Basically 😂

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've been thinking about nachos this entire day from this thread. Instead, I'm having leftover chuck roast, wild rice, and fistfuls of salad. (n)

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've been thinking about nachos this entire day from this thread. Instead, I'm having leftover chuck roast, wild rice, and fistfuls of salad. (n)
Get you a burrito shell and some lime and make that a big burrito!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gym time 5 am 70 minutes ish
D2w5
BW 221

preworkout coffee + pea relief + yohimbine 2.5 1 cap

squats
185x5
225x5x5

leg press
315x8x8

lying leg curl
110x8x8

Calf raise
110x12x13

deadlift deficit (45# bumper plates-4/5”)
185x5
225x5x5

elliptical rest of the time. Hunger was crazy high yesterday, feeling really good, I will be ready for next week 💪🏻

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
leg press
315x8x8
The differences in resistance on leg press machines has always been a point of interest for me, I completely understand why but it's always made me try the leg press at every gym I go to. I'm weird. In Iraq I was doing like 1200lb, and I remember getting back on back and 500 was heavy on that rust ass machine. Idk, I find it intriguing

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The differences in resistance on leg press machines has always been a point of interest for me, I completely understand why but it's always made me try the leg press at every gym I go to. I'm weird. In Iraq I was doing like 1200lb, and I remember getting back on back and 500 was heavy on that rust ass machine. Idk, I find it intriguing
yeah I've noticed that too. different angles and what not. I find the hack squat machine brutally difficult.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Get you a burrito shell and some lime and make that a big burrito!
Yeah buddy!
... you may be on to something...
My wife introduced me to roast beef soft tacos many years ago, pretty good stuff.
Yeah this is a fact for sure. Some I can load up to 12 plates a side for 12 reps, some I am working in the 500 range for heavy sets of 12. As long as they make my legs work hard and give me that extra volume I need I am happy!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah this is a fact for sure. Some I can load up to 12 plates a side for 12 reps, some I am working in the 500 range for heavy sets of 12. As long as they make my legs work hard and give me that extra volume I need I am happy!
when i was in high school for $6/year we could lift in the weight room after school, so I essentially had 1st period weight class, and after school lifting. My buddy and I would get into trouble because we'd max out the room for plates on the press then one of us would sit on it, lol. dumb kids. however much weight that was seemed easy compared to 450-500lbs on the leg press machines I have available at my gym.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
when i was in high school for $6/year we could lift in the weight room after school, so I essentially had 1st period weight class, and after school lifting. My buddy and I would get into trouble because we'd max out the room for plates on the press then one of us would sit on it, lol. dumb kids. however much weight that was seemed easy compared to 450-500lbs on the leg press machines I have available at my gym.
Oh yeah, I was repping with 24 plates on one and some guy said you think you can still do that with me on top? Of course I said yes, so he climbed up on the platform and i started repping with him on it. Some people were stopping and watching but the trainer ran up and admonished us. Which I get, but I still finished my last 2 reps to get to 10 before i stopped the set. He asked me why I didn't stop and I just said I had to finish my set. He just laughed and shook his head then said that was actually pretty bad ass but don't do it again or he will get in trouble for letting me do that. WHOOPSIE!!! You can't press a man on DMZ and not expect him to take the challenge!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah, I was repping with 24 plates on one and some guy said you think you can still do that with me on top? Of course I said yes, so he climbed up on the platform and i started repping with him on it. Some people were stopping and watching but the trainer ran up and admonished us. Which I get, but I still finished my last 2 reps to get to 10 before i stopped the set. He asked me why I didn't stop and I just said I had to finish my set. He just laughed and shook his head then said that was actually pretty bad ass but don't do it again or he will get in trouble for letting me do that. WHOOPSIE!!! You can't press a man on DMZ and not expect him to take the challenge!
I always break rep PRs and hurt something on DMZ, eventually

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Definitely true. I also feel like some plates are way different in weight/ same with DB.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That is awesome!!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gym time 1pm 80 minutes
BW 220
W5d3

pre workout spaghetti 1.5 hr prior

windy as **** today, I have a bridge deck pour tomorrow that I will have to be in the road at 4am for. So today I took off at noon hit the gym and that will be all for this week.

warm up 15 minutes elliptical

pull up neutral grip
X5x5x3x3

bench
135x8
155x8
175x3
Close grip
135x8x5

DB fly
15x12
25x12x12

seated cable row
50x12x12

one arm landmine row
35x8x8

incline db lateral raise
10x12x12
Drop set with BB close grip upright row
45x10x10

incline DB curl
15x10x10 with 6 second negative tempo

neck plate curls
On back 10#x10x10x10
On chest 20x10x10x10

hammer curl
15x10x10

pull up wide grip
X3

overhead tricep extension (cable)
20x12x12x12

shrugs
45# plate per hand x12x12x10

There was 1 other person on the weights, so nice and relaxing. Things feeling great this week was well needed and will be ready to rumble 💪🏻

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
dude that looks like a great session!
it's funny you mention only one other person being in there. I've noticed once I have my headphones in I seem to completely zone out anyone else in the gym whatsoever unless I'm benching heavy then I start peeping the biggest guy I can find for a spot lol

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
dude that looks like a great session!
it's funny you mention only one other person being in there. I've noticed once I have my headphones in I seem to completely zone out anyone else in the gym whatsoever unless I'm benching heavy then I start peeping the biggest guy I can find for a spot lol
Just one of those sessions I just wanted to keep going and going! But I kept it toned back since it’s my programed deload.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work getting down to 100kg, and on the pull-up game coming up! Keep hammering them both - losing weight is the fastest way to drive your chin-ups through the roof!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thats a pace you can probably continue to build a little muscle at and at a minimum are not losing much if at all if you don't mind it taking a while. You could afford to turn up the heat up little if you want to speed things up or you could stay at a slow and low simmer. If truly prioritizing weight loss I would try to increase the deficit to at least 500 for the day so you are dropping about one pound a week. Might be worth pushing things to 1.5lbs a week then enjoying a rebound once you hit 200 if that is your next big goal. You will likely be happier with the overall changes in the time frame that way. Just things to consider, not telling you what you should do. I just think you will be more successful and efficient focusing hard on one goal and then the other, at least until closer to your overall goal of a leaner physique.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So even though it has been really slow going looking at my spread sheets with my weight averages I am heading in the right direction!

View attachment 241469
Love that you're taking this approach to look at your progress. I had done something similar a while back for weight loss. 0.5# or even a lb weekly can seem like small changes on the scale. And easy to get frustrated unless you look at the bigger/whole picture. You can see the steady progression with your trend over time when you zoom out like that.

I'm hesitant these days to really change things up when I am seeing steady progress. But perhaps just dial up an additional 500 cal deficit like Kleen says if you want to get closer to a 1# weekly deficit. Either way keep it up!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
not sure what I will get in training wise this week, work schedule is a little hectic. This morning I got in 40 minutes elliptical 3 miles.

Also have a lot on my mind at the moment.
Me and my wife obviously have started are family and getting ready to add to it here shortly. We are not very happy living in the city and are discouraged over high market prices and just things in general in this area. We want to be out in the country, that’s how we grew up and what we like.

We settled on this area as this was where better careers are and the thought of buying out in the countryside and being content.

The more we have been here the more that it does not seem to be likely. So we are really considering a life change.

my parents have 250 acres in the country, everything is already there including the original farm house. My parents built a new one long ago and have just left the old one there as it’s still a great house and they use it for storage. We could move into the old house, kids could grow up with all the farm animals and all the country life has to offer. Grow up with grandparents and all that stuff. Great small town 12 miles away with schools and all the necessary things, small farm country community. Big town with the sams club and all that 100 miles out.
The downfall is career wise obviously not like where we are at now. Offset cost wise is way lower cost of living and realistically no mortgage rent etc.

I know super long post. This is not something we are doing right away but 1-3 years later kinda deal. So we are just more or less weighing are options and trying to find the best solution for are family and are selves as well.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's a big decision to make. Sounds like you both would be happier with the farm life, so it really just comes down to if it makes sense to you all having to drive a long way for most things you need. If that doesn't bother you, and that is the lifestyle and way you want your children to experience their childhood then it just comes down to making it happen budgetwise. I mean my BIL drives 1.5 hours to and from work every day so he can live that lifestyle. Me, I couldn't do that. I would feel like i was driving my entire life away but he loves being able to go home to his land, shoot a deer off his porch, and hunt in his own back yard.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That's a big decision to make. Sounds like you both would be happier with the farm life, so it really just comes down to if it makes sense to you all having to drive a long way for most things you need. If that doesn't bother you, and that is the lifestyle and way you want your children to experience their childhood then it just comes down to making it happen budgetwise. I mean my BIL drives 1.5 hours to and from work every day so he can live that lifestyle. Me, I couldn't do that. I would feel like i was driving my entire life away but he loves being able to go home to his land, shoot a deer off his porch, and hunt in his own back yard.
Yes it is a big decision and we have been talking it over a lot. Have a few pages of pros and cons and few pages of budget figures. Sad part is moving there financially makes the most sense as we cut the biggest cost out of the equation housing. The other factor is my parents have worked really hard in life to create what they have built, I would like to carry on that tradition and always the possibility of passing it to the next generation if they would choose to live that lifestyle. Luckily this is also the wife’s dream so it’s not a one sided dream that would make it almost impossible.

so yeah a big decision.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes it is a big decision and we have been talking it over a lot. Have a few pages of pros and cons and few pages of budget figures. Sad part is moving there financially makes the most sense as we cut the biggest cost out of the equation housing. The other factor is my parents have worked really hard in life to create what they have built, I would like to carry on that tradition and always the possibility of passing it to the next generation if they would choose to live that lifestyle. Luckily this is also the wife’s dream so it’s not a one sided dream that would make it almost impossible.

so yeah a big decision.
I come from the farm life as well, "homesteading" is a dream of mine. My biggest concern is how tied down you become. My Dad has been out to see me in NC twice in the last 13 years because you can't just have someone come out and casually take care of 30 cows, 12 goats, feed the barn cat, move the round bale out, get a new mineral tub out, etc. Maybe I'll get to a point where that isn't an issue, but even with my dogs and I don't feel like I can just go spend a night somewhere unless extensive plans are made.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s not for me, but I can see the value in it - and most importantly it sounds like YOU can see the value in it.

The top thing I think that would be a consideration is if one of you can line up a job you can realistically commute to from there before you move, or take some kind of remote position if either of you can do anything that would work with that. No mortgage or rent means you can survive on radically less income.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It’s not for me, but I can see the value in it - and most importantly it sounds like YOU can see the value in it.

The top thing I think that would be a consideration is if one of you can line up a job you can realistically commute to from there before you move, or take some kind of remote position if either of you can do anything that would work with that. No mortgage or rent means you can survive on radically less income.
For sure. Like I said it’s still a few years out. I would definitely see if the company I am at I can be remote and essentially be a CADD technician for the engineering department. There is also a DOT department in the town and they are always looking for basically what I do now. Job wise I will have no trouble landing work it will just be not what I make currently. But offset the low cost of living and no mortgage yes we can flourish on substantially less income. Also the wife has another year to finish her degree and will have a high probability of landing a decent remote position that would help a lot.

I come from the farm life as well, "homesteading" is a dream of mine. My biggest concern is how tied down you become. My Dad has been out to see me in NC twice in the last 13 years because you can't just have someone come out and casually take care of 30 cows, 12 goats, feed the barn cat, move the round bale out, get a new mineral tub out, etc. Maybe I'll get to a point where that isn't an issue, but even with my dogs and I don't feel like I can just go spend a night somewhere unless extensive plans are made.
This is definitely true! It would help with my parents living on the other side of the property when either they or us would need to be gone the other could watch over. In theory that works at least 😂.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well work plans changed this morning since it’s been heavy downpour since midnight. Go up to hit the road and got a text. Then was going to go to the gym this morning instead, but don’t feel like getting soaked 😂 so might go later this morning or this afternoon since work will be pretty slim today

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Little change in scheduling this morning
Gym time 7:30-8:15 am

warm ups
10 minutes elliptical

Deadlift
135x10
185x5
225x5 (felt super light everything felt good so I ran with it)
275x3 belted
295x2
315x1 super fast but lost my grip at top
335x1 PR mixed grip good off the floor a little slow to lock out but nailed it.

BB OHP
45x10
65x10
95x10x10

ez bar preacher curl
30x25x25

neck plate curls
10x10x10
20x8x6
10x8x8

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on that PR!!!! I bet you were stoked!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Pretty wiped from yesterday, mostly the 400 mile drive to a bridge deck pour yesterday. So slept in this morning.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
are you using chalk? I keep that liquid stuff in my gym bag fwiw.
depending on the quality of the knurling on the barbell, chalk can add like 50lbs to my dl some days.
although tbh I like it on heavy bench too, especially if the bb of the day is spinnier than others.

dude, congrats!!

Pretty wiped from yesterday, mostly the 400 mile drive to a bridge deck pour yesterday. So slept in this morning.
deadlift PRs will do that!! 😅😅

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Little change in scheduling this morning
Gym time 7:30-8:15 am

warm ups
10 minutes elliptical

Deadlift
135x10
185x5
225x5 (felt super light everything felt good so I ran with it)
275x3 belted
295x2

BB OHP
45x10
65x10
95x10x10

ez bar preacher curl
30x25x25

neck plate curls
10x10x10
20x8x6
10x8x8
Awesome PR brother! Everything is going in the right direction, keep at it

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
are you using chalk? I keep that liquid stuff in my gym bag fwiw.
depending on the quality of the knurling on the barbell, chalk can add like 50lbs to my dl some days.
although tbh I like it on heavy bench too, especially if the bb of the day is spinnier than others.

dude, congrats!!

deadlift PRs will do that!! 😅😅
Unfortunately the chalk bowl was MIA that day not sure why. Also I used a pretty smooth bar because I didn’t want to tear my shins or knees 😂