Weights up, scales down…

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So seems to be the trend this week itchy throat and coughing last night, was a bad night for rest. Also made a mistake of not turning the AC on it was like the damn dessert in the room. I ended up on the couch and got 3 hrs of sleep 😅

gym time 5:30 am 70 minutes total
BW 224
Pre workout cups of coffee and scoop of pump addiction + 4 caps Pepti Plex + PEA relief + fish oil

no warm ups tracked just working sets

bench (roughly 70% of 1 rep max)
145x10x8x8x8 focused on speed and explosive movement

DB fly
30x10x10x10

seated cable row
90x11x11x9

one arm DB row supported
60x10x10x10

incline DB lateral raise
20x11x11x11
15x10x10

incline DB curl
20x15x13x12

single arm tricep extension
25x10x10x10

cable V tricep extension
40x15
30x25

hyper extension
X10x10

this was a grinder all the way through, lots of heavy tunes and will power.

post workout raw milk + 1.5 scoop protein + pct assist + incinderine

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Slept good last night so very happy about that. This weekend is my daughter’s 1st birthday so we got family coming to town and all so I took the day off to help the wife get things ready and so she could go do some stuff today.

gym time 6 am 60 minutes ish had a coworker chatting for a while.
BW-225
Pre Workout 4 caps Pepti Plex + Pea relief + fish oil + 1 scoop wild thing

BB lunges
50x10x10x8x8

front squat
145x10x10x8x8

leg extension
105x12x11x11x10

Seated leg curl
95x18x12x12x11x11

pull up
X5x5

BB shrug
225x12x11x11
Drop set with 25#plate shurgs

DB hammer curls
25x15
30x10
35x10
40x10
20x12
No rest re rack and grab next set

plate raises 25#
x10x10x10

farmers walk 8 laps around track carrying 45# plate each hand

post workout raw milk + protein + incinderine + cel pct assist + Gluco XT + vitamin D

made blueberry pancakes it’s her favorite, scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s AWESOME Brother! Being a Dad is the best. Enjoy EVERY MOMENT you can w her. My daughter is 25 this May and I worked a shift at work that was a personal sacrifice but benefited my employer. I missed a lot of tub time, dinner, and bed time stories w her. I worked 4 10hr shifts so I kinda broke even but man do I miss those days when she looked at me like I made the sun rise and set.
Its a cliche but they grow up soooooo fast
Agreed, I used to be of the mindset that kids should move out once they have finished school or whatever because that was what was expected of us. Now both my son, and my daughter still live at home and I couldn't be happier about it. My son is turning 30 this July and pays a good portion of rent, covers all of his other expenses and have learned to be self sufficient and able to pay his bills. So I know I made him ready to move on and go live his life when he is ready but also told him he is welcome to stay as long as he wants to and be a part of the household since he pays his own way and helps with the bills and everything. Same with my daughter, I recommended to her that she stay until she has a bigger and better plan and knows she can make it on her own. Same as her brother she will pay into the house but have the benefit of lower bills. So it just works out great for us. No need to downsize the house and we get all the love and time with them we can want until they are at a point in their life they want to move out on their own. So still lots of cuddling and love from both of them every day and the wife and I couldn't be happier with the situation.
I work to live - never live to work! You never know how many days you will get, but the one thing you can count on is that none of the days will ever truly be the same. Time is always passing! Try to appreciate the now as much as you can.
AMEN! I have always said this too. I work to live, I just want to be able to be comfortable in life and have time for the things I value in life, which work is simply not one of those things. Just a means to an end for me.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good lifting today, and happy early birthday to your little chicken nugget! The first bday is a special realization, watching them experience their cake and realizing just a year ago they were basically a cute alien potato doll - now they are bright eyed and taking it all in!

I’m happy for you man.

Agreed, I used to be of the mindset that kids should move out once they have finished school or whatever because that was what was expected of us. Now both my son, and my daughter still live at home and I couldn't be happier about it. My son is turning 30 this July and pays a good portion of rent, covers all of his other expenses and have learned to be self sufficient and able to pay his bills. So I know I made him ready to move on and go live his life when he is ready but also told him he is welcome to stay as long as he wants to and be a part of the household since he pays his own way and helps with the bills and everything. Same with my daughter, I recommended to her that she stay until she has a bigger and better plan and knows she can make it on her own. Same as her brother she will pay into the house but have the benefit of lower bills. So it just works out great for us. No need to downsize the house and we get all the love and time with them we can want until they are at a point in their life they want to move out on their own. So still lots of cuddling and love from both of them every day and the wife and I couldn't be happier with the situation.

AMEN! I have always said this too. I work to live, I just want to be able to be comfortable in life and have time for the things I value in life, which work is simply not one of those things. Just a means to an end for me.
My stepdaughter will be 23 in a couple months, and she still lives with us. The rent here in a college town has gone insane, so even with a full time job she would struggle if she moved out alone. This way, she’s actually building great savings, starting her 401k properly out the gate, getting ahead instead of buried. But more than that - it’s just really great having her here, as part of the family. Having another adult to help with my son, a third car, someone else to do some grocery shopping or whatever if needed - everything goes so much easier having 3 people. When my car was down for 2 weeks, it was no inconvenience at all basically. And my son loves her so much; he goes out of his way to give her hugs before bed time same as us. Whenever she eventually does move out, I know we will all miss her a lot. For now, we are all much happier together!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good lifting today, and happy early birthday to your little chicken nugget! The first bday is a special realization, watching them experience their cake and realizing just a year ago they were basically a cute alien potato doll - now they are bright eyed and taking it all in!

I’m happy for you man.

My stepdaughter will be 23 in a couple months, and she still lives with us. The rent here in a college town has gone insane, so even with a full time job she would struggle if she moved out alone. This way, she’s actually building great savings, starting her 401k properly out the gate, getting ahead instead of buried. But more than that - it’s just really great having her here, as part of the family. Having another adult to help with my son, a third car, someone else to do some grocery shopping or whatever if needed - everything goes so much easier having 3 people. When my car was down for 2 weeks, it was no inconvenience at all basically. And my son loves her so much; he goes out of his way to give her hugs before bed time same as us. Whenever she eventually does move out, I know we will all miss her a lot. For now, we are all much happier together!
Yeah, I think here in America we all get into the American Dream, and the idea the kids should move out when they hit adulthood. Many other countries this is just not the case. Families stay together until the children marry off, otherwise they tend to help each other out. It is funny how much I have changed my stance on that as a became a better human.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, I think here in America we all get into the American Dream, and the idea the kids should move out when they hit adulthood. Many other countries this is just not the case. Families stay together until the children marry off, otherwise they tend to help each other out. It is funny how much I have changed my stance on that as a became a better human.
Cost of rent and everything is asinine as well. 18 yr olds better have that PHD by the time they wanna move out.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Slept good last night so very happy about that. This weekend is my daughter’s 1st birthday so we got family coming to town and all so I took the day off to help the wife get things ready and so she could go do some stuff today.

gym time 6 am 60 minutes ish had a coworker chatting for a while.
BW-225
Pre Workout 4 caps Pepti Plex + Pea relief + fish oil + 1 scoop wild thing

BB lunges
50x10x10x8x8

front squat
145x10x10x8x8

leg extension
105x12x11x11x10

Seated leg curl
95x18x12x12x11x11

pull up
X5x5

BB shrug
225x12x11x11
Drop set with 25#plate shurgs

DB hammer curls
25x15
30x10
35x10
40x10
20x12
No rest re rack and grab next set

plate raises 25#
x10x10x10

farmers walk 8 laps around track carrying 45# plate each hand

post workout raw milk + protein + incinderine + cel pct assist + Gluco XT + vitamin D

made blueberry pancakes it’s her favorite, scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns.
Happy birthday to your daughter. Such a special time

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Happy birthday to the little one! Hope you get to spoil her right for her first!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Was a very busy weekend with all the grandparents in town and other family members and friends. Was definitely a little busy for the little girl, but she did very well and had a great time!
Thanks everyone for all the best wishes!

Today we have had a lazy day getting a couple good naps in and just relaxing around the house. My wife is also pretty exhausted with the busy weekend and being about 6 months along now. So I’ve been cleaning and trying to get everything back in order to help her out as much as possible before the work week starts again.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Rise n Grind!
Yes sir!
Gym time 5:20 60 minutes woke up late and was running behind
BW 225
Pre workout coffe + pea relief + Pepti Plex 4 caps + fish oil

bench
175x5x5
Sling shot 205x3 / 225x2
155x10

incline DB press
50x10x8x8x7

bent over BB row
165x5x5x5

lat pull down
140x10x10x8

BB OHP
100x6x6x5

ez bar preacher curl
50x10x10x10x8

skull crusher
60x12x12x12

Going to wave bench down I have been pushing higher percentages, so I will drop down and more reps for a period.
Was a good session despite being behind the clock and having a busy morning ahead.
Post workout protein + raw milk + cel pct assist + blr incinderine.

I definitely didn’t count macros or watch what I ate this weekend, I enjoyed the time and the moments.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a great weekend, good man getting the house tidied back up for the wife. You never know when those brownie points might come in handy! ;)

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sounds like a great weekend, good man getting the house tidied back up for the wife. You never know when those brownie points might come in handy! ;)
I try to do a lot of housework on the weekends to just help out and give her a break an always add to the brownie points jar!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gym time 5 am 72 minutes ish
BW 224
Pre workout 1 scoop pump addict + cup of coffee + pea relief + fish oil + 4 caps Pepti plex

squats
240 x5x5x5x5

deadlift
275x5x5x5x3

leg press
325x10x10x10x10

seated leg curl
110x8x8x8x8x8

calf machine
110x20x18x15x15

didn’t quite have it to get the last 2 reps on deads. Man I was feeling good sweating like a May thunder storm downpour. Leg press was grueling to get those sets done.

post workout 1.5 scoop mutant protein +rae milk + 2 caps pct assist + 2 caps inciderine

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Seriously, between squats and deads his lower back must've been toast!
Lower back was a little sore but this morning all good. Appetite today has been raving feeding red meat keeps me satisfied way longer luckily. Meal prep is going to be a lot more beef going forward.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What will you do with the leaner cuts of beef like bottom round and the like? Those are great sources of lean protein but are so damn tough!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What will you do with the leaner cuts of beef like bottom round and the like? Those are great sources of lean protein but are so damn tough!
My trick to those is in the crock pot still frozen. They tend to keep the moisture really good and get really tender.

some of the roasts I will inject and cook them like a brisket more so the fatty cuts like the chuck.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sous vide is amazing for those too, my secret for buying the cheap tough cuts no one else buys

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sous vide is amazing for those too, my secret for buying the cheap tough cuts no one else buys
Yeah, I was going to try my flank steaks in the sous vide just to see how it came out. I haven't tried a bottom round yet. I love chicken breast sous vide style, stays so tender and juicy!
One of these days I need to get one of those.
Yeah for sure, they are great throw a steak in there at 120 then pull it out pat it dry and salt and sear it!

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, I was going to try my flank steaks in the sous vide just to see how it came out. I haven't tried a bottom round yet. I love chicken breast sous vide style, stays so tender and juicy!

Yeah for sure, they are great throw a steak in there at 120 then pull it out pat it dry and salt and sear it!
Flank steak done with soy sauce, ginger, green onion, and finished on some sesame oil is amazing

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Flank steak done with soy sauce, ginger, green onion, and finished on some sesame oil is amazing
Oh snap, PM me some specifics on that if you don't mind, I definitely want to try it out.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
One of these days I need to get one of those.
My wife bought me my first one, maybe $55, I cooked in a pot until I got a specific container for it lol. That damn thing lasted for 5 years, while I'm praying it breaks so I can upgrade

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gym time 5:15am 70 minutes
Upper body hyper trophy
BW 222
Pre workout 1 scoop wild thing + pea relief + fish oil + 4 caps Pepti Plex

speed bench
135x12x10x10x5

DB flys flat bench
40x8x8
30x10x10

Seated cable row
100x8x8x8

Kroc row
60x8x11x11x11
80x7x7 (body movement to complete sets)

incline lateral raise DB
20x12x12x12x10 holy hard

incline db curl
20x15x10x8x8

overhead tricep extension cable
30x20x18x10x10

pull up
X5x5

hip machine + stretches

Post workout water +2 scoops of protein + 2 caps incinderine + cel pct assist

a little slow getting going this morning took a bit more warm ups. Finished my jug of raw milk Monday I think, going to just use water for a few weeks, drop off the extra calories from the milk.

Temp swings have been messing with me the last few weeks we have been on the yo yo effect. They talking a big winter storm to push through the next 3 days or so.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m sure it’s not as cold as where you are, but definitely seeing the swings. Been getting up to 47-55 many days, even a few 60s, then some days doesn’t hit 40 and seeing freezing overnight. It was 31 with flurries this morning when I took my son to school, but the grass is green and birds are back chirping.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’m sure it’s not as cold as where you are, but definitely seeing the swings. Been getting up to 47-55 many days, even a few 60s, then some days doesn’t hit 40 and seeing freezing overnight. It was 31 with flurries this morning when I took my son to school, but the grass is green and birds are back chirping.
Same here but are low swings got down to 10-12 degrees we hit 78 as a high last week some time. Go from a T shirt and air conditioning to my damn parka and heat 😂

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It used to not bother me as much but I have been losing my insulation layers and I definitely get a lot colder!