Virile Mane - Hair anyone?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Uh oh! Looks like the topical might through to the brain and distort spelling ;)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Uh oh! Looks like the topical might through to the brain and distort spelling ;)
and cause one to leave words out of sentences.

/hey...SHINY!!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Ruh Roh Rohrge...this is not a battle I want to be in the middle of :duel:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ruh Roh Rohrge...this is not a battle I want to be in the middle of :duel:
The logistics of that would be...unpleasant.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
The logistics of that would be...unpleasant.

...dude. I mean...

Ouch.

I may not be able to post for a few days. I seriously just got my ass kicked. *Not in the way that was previously mentioned by Dsade

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
LOL or it could be fun!! Spice up things a bit eh Deuce! A verbal duel with a woman on test boosters can be quite fun!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
LOL or it could be fun!! Spice up things a bit eh Deuce! A verbal duel with a woman on test boosters can be quite fun!
This is CT's secretary, I apologize but he cannot answer at the moment. He left the office...something about his ass hurting...not sure the details just yet. Could I possibly take a message?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This is CT's secretary, I apologize but he cannot answer at the moment. He left the office...something about his ass hurting...not sure the details just yet. Could I possibly take a message?
Wimp!!:lol:

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Where exactly is the Java Lustre shampoo, is it available for purchase?

I probably missed something because this thread is "HUUUUUGE!"

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Where exactly is the Java Lustre shampoo, is it available for purchase?

I probably missed something because this thread is "HUUUUUGE!"
I don't believe it's been released yet. If it were...it would have been on my last order :food:

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Just got my VM today !! I must say like every other RPN product it smells great.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
If I calculated shipping right, mine should be here tomorrow :)

cld517

Awards
yes there are other ingredients..as follows..

minoxidil sulphate 4%..finasteride .1%..sophora flavescens extract..adenosine..creatine ethyl ester..cepharanthine cyanocobalamine (vit b12)..ketoconazole..ascorbic acid..gamma tocopherol (vit E)..Vehiclei coated PG-liposomes from phosphatidycholine..Prpylene glycol (10%)..carrageenan & distilled water..what do you think? conflicts?
thank you all for your responses..i'm gonna try to incorporate my nanominx fms w/virile mane..

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yes there are other ingredients..as follows..

minoxidil sulphate 4%..finasteride .1%..sophora flavescens extract..adenosine..creatine ethyl ester..cepharanthine cyanocobalamine (vit b12)..ketoconazole..ascorbic acid..gamma tocopherol (vit E)..Vehiclei coated PG-liposomes from phosphatidycholine..Prpylene glycol (10%)..carrageenan & distilled water..what do you think? conflicts?
thank you all for your responses..i'm gonna try to incorporate my nanominx fms w/virile mane..
What product is that? ^

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
DSADE,

I got my VM last night and started using it but I can't remember what is the rule of thumb for other styling products? How long after applying VM must I wait to apply some styling cream (not that I need too much)? Thanks.

Mr.50

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DSADE,

I got my VM last night and started using it but I can't remember what is the rule of thumb for other styling products? How long after applying VM must I wait to apply some styling cream (not that I need too much)? Thanks.

Mr.50
Styling products will not affect absoprtion at all...no need to wait to apply them.

You only need to avoid water and vigorous exercise for 30 to 45 minutes.

/and don't feed them after midnight.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
DSADE,

Mr.50
good question..I wear hair gel..how long do I wait after VM before dumping my usual gallon of bacon grease on?
*edit* you must've been responding as I was typing...so VM followed by other hair junk soon after.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Styling products will not affect absoprtion at all...no need to wait to apply them.

Ah much appreciated!

Mr.50

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established

Yes!!! Rogue Gremlins remark!

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
Mine finally arrived today after i missed delivery on monday.

Just tried it for the first time... here are my thoughts:

The good:

- smells lovely
- you can feel the menthol effect, it's quite pleasant.
- initially greasy but becomes less so relatively quickly (unlike traditional rogaine which stays greasy all the time)
- bottle design is nice, makes application much quicker and easier.
- lotion spreads well

The bad:

- As I feared with my diffuse thinning, chances of using this in the morning are... slim. I may have used slightly more than ideal this first time, but it left my hair too messy to be able to do anything with. The Xandrox I am currently using (5% minox + AA in a quick drying carrier) is much better in this regard.

I'll be using this at night in addition to my xandrox in the morning. The only way I can currently see it being practical for someone with diffuse type thinning to use twice a day is if they have a buzz cut... then it'd be perfectly fine. I'll keep an open mind on this front and evaluate it as i get better at applying it.

The good news is the application to hair line and temples is easy and quick, which is what a lot of people will be using it for.

I'll be using this all over at night, but concentrating on the "cow lick" at the back which is the one part of my hair being very stubborn with my current treatments. I'll update in a few months (maybe with pics if i feel like it) as to whether I am experiencing any change... that would be a MAJOR achievment because even 10 months of fin and minoxidil haven't made much improvement there.

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
Mine finally arrived today after i missed delivery on monday.

Just tried it for the first time... here are my thoughts:

The good:

- smells lovely
- you can feel the menthol effect, it's quite pleasant.
- initially greasy but becomes less so relatively quickly (unlike traditional rogaine which stays greasy all the time)
- bottle design is nice, makes application much quicker and easier.
- lotion spreads well

The bad:

- As I feared with my diffuse thinning, chances of using this in the morning are... slim. I may have used slightly more than ideal this first time, but it left my hair too messy to be able to do anything with. The Xandrox I am currently using (5% minox + AA in a quick drying carrier) is much better in this regard.

I'll be using this at night in addition to my xandrox in the morning. The only way I can currently see it being practical for someone with diffuse type thinning to use twice a day is if they have a buzz cut... then it'd be perfectly fine. I'll keep an open mind on this front and evaluate it as i get better at applying it.

The good news is the application to hair line and temples is easy and quick, which is what a lot of people will be using it for.

I'll be using this all over at night, but concentrating on the "cow lick" at the back which is the one part of my hair being very stubborn with my current treatments. I'll update in a few months (maybe with pics if i feel like it) as to whether I am experiencing any change... that would be a MAJOR achievment because even 10 months of fin and minoxidil haven't made much improvement there.

Thanks for the first impression review. My situation is strikingly similar: I, like you, am currently using a 5/5 minox/aa combo and will be adding VM when my 2 bottles arrive tomorrow, I also have diffuse thinning, and I haven't seen much in terms of results after a year of minox and 6 months of Revita. I have seen a significant slowdown in shedding, but unfortunately no regrowth. I am very hopeful VM will help.

I will also keep everyone updated after a few months; I also plan to use my 5/5 solution in the AM and VM in the PM.

Good luck flyboy, hopefully we'll both have "virile manes" in a couple months! :afro:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I began running it today myself...and I have 2 bottles to use before a re-order is necessary. I will be keeping track and updating as often as there can be updates made...pics by the month as well...all in my log.

It's in my sig if anyone here is not already subbed :head:

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Got two bottles on the way! Hoping for good things!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First application last night: I was 18 hours after I showered in the morning, and after judo class. I was beat, and went to bed without showering. Yeah, I'm hardcore like that. Second application this morning was easy, post-shower. Menthol tingle FTW! Anyway:

Smell: AOK, thumbs up, VERY nice. 10/10

Bottle: Label is hard to read (but we've all read it here, so who cares), but the bottle design is perfect for the consistency of the product. 10/10

Product: not too thick, not too thin. It's yellowish brown, and at first i was a bit taken aback, as it looked henna-ish. But when you rub it in, it's invisible. Not greasy, disappears quickly. 10/10

Application: The consistency makes it very easy to rub in. It soaks in quickly, and does not affect my finger-length spikiness, or styling thereof. Perfect. My question is: I still have hair, it's just thinning, so as I rub it in, it's being rubbed into my hair, too. I feel like I may be losing some of it, or it's getting 'soaked' up by my hair. I used a half a pea sized dot in three locations on my head, and spread it around from there. Is that sufficient?

how broad is the effect of this stuff, area-wise? Does it spread a bit throughout the skin, or is it purely local where it's applied?

ironbrother

Banned
Awards
Would this work on a receeding hairline at all?

I might buy this as a Christmas present for a few guys that I know. They're drastically going bald.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
poison - the effects are localized to application sites.

BigD16

Awards
my wife said it looked like mustard, we will see how it goes. not much of a menthol tingle for me

ironbrother

Banned
Awards
I've always had a very slight receeding hairline type thing. I'm only in my 20s!

hadrion

Awards
dsade -- Just received my bottle from NP and I have a few questions.

Are you recommending use to 1x a day or 2x a day?

Any reason why once a day may not be enough?

Also, does it have to be applied after shower or can you apply to a dry scalp?

Any reason why dry scalp application would be less effective?

Thanks for the product and for your hard work. I'm off to order a bottle of your shampoo to add in with this.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade -- Just received my bottle from NP and I have a few questions.

Are you recommending use to 1x a day or 2x a day?

Any reason why once a day may not be enough?

Also, does it have to be applied after shower or can you apply to a dry scalp?

Any reason why dry scalp application would be less effective?

Thanks for the product and for your hard work. I'm off to order a bottle of your shampoo to add in with this.
I'm working on a twice a day recommendation initially. The nature of topicals is that eventually the active will be circulated away from target tissues. I also want to see what kind of interactive effects can be achieved with sleep.

Regarding shower, it is just to ensure that the scalp area is clean of sebum, oils, dirt, etc that would both hinder absorption and negatively affect growth. Dry scalp is fine, however. I actually apply it after I have completely dried my hair.

I appreciate the support!

chore boy

Awards
That's kinda lame... price on the VM was raised $10.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's kinda lame... price on the VM was raised $10.
That means the last of the first 5 shipments (since the presale didn't get placed up, we went ahead and ran the presale price throughout the first 5 shipments - Nutra bought out the entire first run of the product) just sold out and they are into the regular stock.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I want to see what the price is for the proposed package with the shampoo and everything.

Mr.50
I'm still pricing out everything, but a NOxidant/Java Lustre/Virile Mane will probably run somewhere in the low $50s.

hadrion

Awards
I'm working on a twice a day recommendation initially. The nature of topicals is that eventually the active will be circulated away from target tissues. I also want to see what kind of interactive effects can be achieved with sleep.

Regarding shower, it is just to ensure that the scalp area is clean of sebum, oils, dirt, etc that would both hinder absorption and negatively affect growth. Dry scalp is fine, however. I actually apply it after I have completely dried my hair.

I appreciate the support!
I will definitely keep you informed of my progress and I'll go with the 2x a day application. I took pictures of my before state just to have a good base line to judge from.

I ordered the shampoo tonight and it will get added in next week when it arrives.

I'm hopeful this works as I need something topically to stimulate regrowth. I've only recently lost a lot of hair on top (some of no doubt to stress) and I'm hoping this can help. My hair line is still intact, but I'm diffuse down the middle of my scalp to the crown behind the hair line in about a 2 inch wide swath.

I have to say, after my first application I found it to be very soothing. My scalp gets inflamed and can itch at times, but the VM was very calming.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I'm still pricing out everything, but a NOxidant/Java Lustre/Virile Mane will probably run somewhere in the low $50s.
That's an awesome price!!!

Just want to remind everyone reading here that I started VM 2 days ago as well as Java Lather and some other RPN products that you can check out at my log. Link is in my sig.

I will be running VM for AT LEAST 3 months....so feel free to stop in and say hi :wave:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
why Has The Price Went Up By $10!!
Because that price was a pre-sale price given to NutraPlanet only. Since the first 5 runs (pre-sale) have been completed and it's time for NP to re-up...the price has gone to it's normal pricing and not the special pre-sale pricing.

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
even at $10 more it's a damn good price considering what's in it... and it's a big bottle.

Dsade - If one is only doing once daily I guess night is the best time? Do you think using java lustre in the morning and this at night might yield similar results to a twice daily?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dsade - If one is only doing once daily I guess night is the best time? Do you think using java lustre in the morning and this at night might yield similar results to a twice daily?
actually, yes I do.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Evomuse 8
travbedaman Evomuse 8
Evomuse 4
Evomuse 21
mrchristian Supplement Logs 91