vikinginc's Xtremely[!] Stoked[!] about his Epi[©] Journey from ~T7 to D4~

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome man! Congrats on the huge jump in your squat! Man I wish I was on right now

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For sure, good sh!t brother. Love seeing you bring it.

Reward well deserved!! :head:

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Awesome man! Congrats on the huge jump in your squat! Man I wish I was on right now
Thank you, sir ! Yeah, it was pretty unreal how I did that ! I'd never expect it .. I didn't feel like I hit my legs hard enough a week ago, and I've felt bad that I wait a whole 7 days in between each leg workout . . but man, the pump was unreal. I hate the fact that I wasn't able to get any pics of my trunks when they were swollen with blood and veins . . but this'll only make it THAT much better in a week when I show off my whole next leg workout. A week into a leaner self . . another week into the Epi-run . . Another week of records !

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn man I feel your excitement! You gonna put the vid up?

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Damn man I feel your excitement! You gonna put the vid up?
I didn't realize it wasn't a part of the previous clip, so I had to re-do it. Uploading to YouTube now. This one's for you, bro . . lol

Barbell Squats - 455 * 1 reps

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxmIzS3QulQ"]YouTube - An Epi(c) Gym Assault V(.2)[/ame]

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Mmm, sludge: 2 tbs natty PB, 1 scoop ON 100% Whey (Gingerbread Cookie flavor), with 2-3 oz. water.

Put the PB in the microwave for a minute, get it a little runny . . pour into protein powder in a plastic container . . add water little by little. Place in microwave a final 10-15 seconds if you desire. Top with cinnamon. MMM mmm mmm . .

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn that vids awesome man! I showed it to my bud who just maxed at 255 today! Was very inspirational to him!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm digging the pre-lift warcry, and boy, you really know about some @$$ to grass depth on the squat, bravo :clap2:

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
I'm digging the pre-lift warcry, and boy, you really know about some @$$ to grass depth on the squat, bravo :clap2:
Always, bro, no short cuts there ! :bruce2:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day #9: PM Workout

LEGS, BABY !!!

Barbell Squats - (135 * 15, 185 * 12, 225 * 12) 275 * 10, 315 * 10, 365 * 8, 405 * 6 (NEW MUTHAFVKKIN' RECORD!) , 455 * 1 (NEW MUTHAFVKKIN' RECORD!)
- immidiately drop from 455 * 1 reps -> 405 * 2 reps -> 315 * 4 reps -> 225 * 8 reps (DEEP, SLOW)

Smith Machine Romanian Deadlifts (middle 3/5 of movement) - 135 * 20, 185 * 15, 225 * 15, 275 * 12
SUPERSET WITH (YES, SUPERSET!)
High-stance Leg Press - 580 * 15, 580 * 15, 580 * 15, 580 * 20 reps

One-legged Leg Curls - 70 * 10 reps * 3 sets (another personal record!)
superset with
Standing Calf Raises - 315 * 15, 315 * 15

Weight - ? No idea, I don't like weighing in; not yet lean enough . .

SICK workout ! Holy muitha of xod !!!! Now, for those who know me from before, I've never touched by anything higher than 405 on squats, ok ? There's never been a load greater than 405 lbs on top of my traps (aka on the squats), and I have NEVER before gone beyond 2 reps with 405 lbs. GET THIS ! 6 reps ! 6 deep, long, slow, concentrated reps ! And what's better ?! it's on tape, biiiatch ! Following the 6 reps, i stood there with a WHAT THE FVKK look on my face, and people around me did, too. I'm the 'tall skinny dude' who still handles a fvkkload of weight. Without hesitation, I said, fvkk it, I'm gonna get 455 !!!! So I slabbed on a 25 lbs plate each side. Never seen this weight on my shoulders before. Never sat down with this weight before. I went deep, low, slow, my headphone cord snaps in half, I start pressing, HUUUUUGHHHHHHHHH, got that bit$h up, racked it, once again, 'wthat the fvkk did I just do ?!'

Then proceeded to Smith Deadlifts, supersetted with leg press. I pulled off my pants, and put the under armor underwear over parts of my shorts. My veins were popping out everywhere. Definition everywhere. TRUNKS, YES, BABY, TRUNKS ON THE BOTTOM OF MY BODY ! FINALLY ! THEY LOOK LIKE SOMETHING !

Xod damn, man, I'm stokeD ! Sickening, just sickening ! What's next ? 675 deadlift ? noooooooo ... 365 + bench ? hmm, maybe. I don't know, but you guys keep hanging out here, or check in every once in a while; this logs one for the record books ! It's only going one way from here on; DOWN, and then UP again !

Gym Assault V: Leg Brutality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHdPcVBVlyw

. . . norwegian's OUT.

By the way, Dr Dre's 'Still D.R.E.' is bound to jack up ANY of your max lifts by at least 10-20 lbs. I'm still headbobbing. I'm still high on life. High on squats. High on my trunks.. and I'm about to get hiiiiigh !
Crazy lifts, bro!!! The only other person I've seen rep 405 (live) weighed about 300lbs and looked like a literal gorilla. Amazing job.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
damn man thats a sick lift!!!!

So you literally busted the cord for your headphones??? I would be pissed but impressed with myself at the same time for that one, lol.

Enjoy your "relaxation" time brohym, you earned it.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mmm, sludge: 2 tbs natty PB, 1 scoop ON 100% Whey (Gingerbread Cookie flavor), with 2-3 oz. water.

Put the PB in the microwave for a minute, get it a little runny . . pour into protein powder in a plastic container . . add water little by little. Place in microwave a final 10-15 seconds if you desire. Top with cinnamon. MMM mmm mmm . .
We get high and now we talk about eating. I see how it goes. LOL I made a huge tray of Protein Peanut Butter Balls (ala snagency) today. 8 tablespoons of Smart Choice Omega 3 peanut butter (crunchy), 8 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein, 4 tablespoons of Dark Honey, 2 cups skim milk, 2 cups of coarse oats, 2 cups of Post Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries, and some coconut flakes. Mix it all together and roll into small balls and place on a tray and put in freezer for 1 hour. Take 'em out and store them in the refrigerator afterwards. They'll melt if you leave them out at room temperature. Put some powdered sugar on your hands to get them to let go when you're rolling them into balls. They are very sticky. I've been improvising on your recipe here Chef snagency!! They are absolutely delicious and nutritious. They melt in your mouth. Great when you have the munchies!! Not that I know about that sort of thing.....but I hear about such happenings!! :rolleyes:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He's got me on depth for sure. I go down to parallel but no lower. Viking was sinking these bad boys. That sh!t was DEEP!! And with 455 lbs. :eek: Uber-impressive viking. You're a fukkin' Berzerker if I've ever seen one!! :aargh:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn that vids awesome man! I showed it to my bud who just maxed at 255 today! Was very inspirational to him!
That's impressive for anyone to watch! I was vastly impressed. If viking had on a super-suit, knee wraps, and a powerbelt and sh!t, and only having to go to true thighs parallel to the floor......he could do 500 lbs. I really believe it.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
We get high and now we talk about eating. I see how it goes. LOL I made a huge tray of Protein Peanut Butter Balls (ala snagency) today. 8 tablespoons of Smart Choice Omega 3 peanut butter (crunchy), 8 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein, 4 tablespoons of Dark Honey, 2 cups skim milk, 2 cups of coarse oats, 2 cups of Post Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries, and some coconut flakes. Mix it all together and roll into small balls and place on a tray and put in freezer for 1 hour. Take 'em out and store them in the refrigerator afterwards. They'll melt if you leave them out at room temperature. Put some powdered sugar on your hands to get them to let go when you're rolling them into balls. They are very sticky. I've been improvising on your recipe here Chef snagency!! They are absolutely delicious and nutritious. They melt in your mouth.
Yeah hand-in-hand, that's like baseball & apple pie or something, aha.. Nice Thunder, glad you like the recipe! You've def. put your own signature on it - I like the additions!

Great when you have the munchies!! Not that I know about that sort of thing.....but I hear about such happenings!! :rolleyes:
What are munchies? :think: :p

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Crazy lifts, bro!!! The only other person I've seen rep 405 (live) weighed about 300lbs and looked like a literal gorilla. Amazing job.
definately x2. on this statement. And this was only day 9. Have we started placing bets on how many new PRs you are going to achieve on this log?

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
definately x2. on this statement. And this was only day 9. Have we started placing bets on how many new PRs you are going to achieve on this log?
I'll wager that he sets a PR on some exercise in every workout this cycle. I know I have been. And he's only half my age!! :toofunny:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Hats off to you man... 455 is a sh*tload of weight.

I felt like that when I pressed 315... Once. :toofunny:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hats off to you man... 455 is a sh*tload of weight.

I felt like that when I pressed 315... Once. :toofunny:
315 is not so far away from 455. Only 140 lbs. It's not impossible for you. Not with your intensity, love of training, dedication, and level of personal motivation that I have seen from you. You keep putting those 2 and 1/2 pound plates on the bar each week. That's 5 lbs. total counting both sides. They add up. 20 lbs. in one month! 7 months from now you could be breathing down mine and viking's necks. :twisted: In all seriousness, try adding those little plates when you can and keep matching the reps from the week before. It adds up. Overload and Progression Theory. :thumbsup:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Awesome encouragement Thunder. That's what it should be all about. Too many guys I see get caught up in the individualism of this sport, great to see you pass on some solid words. Of course, you're a pretty positive guy - it shows!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to thundergod again.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome encouragement Thunder. That's what it should be all about. Too many guys I see get caught up in the individualism of this sport, great to see you pass on some solid words. Of course, you're a pretty positive guy - it shows!

You are too kind sir. :box::box::box:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

Took care of that for ya, I thought those were motivational as well. :box:

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
315 is not so far away from 455. Only 140 lbs. It's not impossible for you. Not with your intensity, love of training, dedication, and level of personal motivation that I have seen from you. You keep putting those 2 and 1/2 pound plates on the bar each week. That's 5 lbs. total counting both sides. They add up. 20 lbs. in one month! 7 months from now you could be breathing down mine and viking's necks. :twisted: In all seriousness, try adding those little plates when you can and keep matching the reps from the week before. It adds up. Overload and Progression Theory. :thumbsup:
OR . . . my OWN theory: the Cockiness Theory. Put the weight on in which you envision. Psych yourself up. VisualiZe it. KNOW you can do it. Get under the bar. Tighten you entire core, and squats down, feeling every muscle fiber in your quads, glues and hammies tighten, and prepare for an explosion, perhaps with an additional war-cry . . but that's just me ! :aargh:

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established

I second that notion. Thunder's everywhere. In every log. With tips, pointers, tricks and whatever else . . kick a$$, Thunder ! :aargh:

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Day #10: AM Workout

Back and Traps, baby !!

Wide-handle Pull-ups - BW * 10, 8, 8, 8 reps
Overhand-grip Barbell Rows - (135 * 15, 185 * 12) 225 * 12, 275 * 10, 295 * 8, 315 * 6, 315 * 8
One-arm DB Rows (leaning on low military bench, watch clip later this afternoon) - 125 * 15, 150 * 10, 150 * 10 (new personal record, yet again!!!!!!)

Seated Long-bar Cable Rows (overhand-grip) - 160 * 15, 200 * 12, 240 * 12, 300 * 8 (New personal record . . )

Standing DB Shrugs - 120 * 25, 120 * 25
superset (non-stop)
Behind-neck Barbell Rows - 275 * 25, 275 * 25

Weight - 234 lbs SOLID THIS TIME !

Rating to come, clip to come .. got awesome footage. Was insanely encouraged by you all, fellas. Can't thank you enough for having you around here and keep motivating me, and forcing me to push myself every time !

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Rating to come, clip to come .. got awesome footage. Was insanely encouraged by you all, fellas. Can't thank you enough for having you around here and keep motivating me, and forcing me to push myself every time !
Yeah bro, you've set the bar pretty damn high for yourself right from the beginning, so tap into all avenues of motivation that work to drive you. You've set yourself up pretty good, cuz I know you don't want to let any of us down, haha!

But the fact of the matter is -- YOU CAN DO DIS BRO! You are just tapping into your potential. You're a beast!

Now rock this house!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I second that notion. Thunder's everywhere. In every log. With tips, pointers, tricks and whatever else . . kick a$$, Thunder ! :aargh:
I'm just a big ol' cheerleader!! :chick: :toofunny:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day #10: AM Workout

Back and Traps, baby !!

Wide-handle Pull-ups - BW * 10, 8, 8, 8 reps
Overhand-grip Barbell Rows - (135 * 15, 185 * 12) 225 * 12, 275 * 10, 295 * 8, 315 * 6, 315 * 8
One-arm DB Rows (leaning on low military bench, watch clip later this afternoon) - 125 * 15, 150 * 10, 150 * 10 (new personal record, yet again!!!!!!)
Seated Long-bar Cable Rows (overhand-grip) - 160 * 15, 200 * 12, 240 * 12, 300 * 8 (New personal record . . )

Standing DB Shrugs - 120 * 25, 120 * 25superset (non-stop)
Behind-neck Barbell Rows - 275 * 25, 275 * 25

Weight - 234 lbs SOLID THIS TIME !

DAMN!! :eek: You fukkin' viking monster!! :twisted: You caught me on the one-arm DB rows at 150 X 10. I just did this Sunday. (Did you ever look at my report?) But I've got you on the seated cable rows. I got 310 X 9-5-3 in DC fashion 2 weeks ago. So 310 X 9 you can say. And those DB Shrugs? Forget about it. You got me there. Hel, you probably have Ronnie Coleman or Branch Warren there. You and Volcom are driving my training to new levels of intensity. I thank you both. :box: You are getting me so fired-up for tomorrow morning's Chest and Triceps bombardment!! I'm up for a 9:00 A.M. Blitz-Krieg!! :numbered:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
150 x 10! Solid, solid numbers man! GAWD I WISH WE HAD 150 Db's!!

Your strength is skyrocketing my friend, keep up the hard work, you've truly got HEART :aargh:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's a good idea, everybody place your PR bets.

500lbs Squat.
395lbs Bench.
630lbs DL

Got my fantasy picks, anybody else want to toss their Viking PR bets in the bag?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Viking, what are behind the neck barbell rows?

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Insane workout Viking! 150 is about half of what i normally do lol, you beast keep it up.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another question viking: Now that you have surpassed the dbs that your gym carries, what do you plan to do? tape some weight on them? Different exercises?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another question viking: Now that you have surpassed the dbs that your gym carries, what do you plan to do? tape some weight on them? Different exercises?
I like the Smith, One Arm Barbell Row Alternative. I pull up to 225 on that.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
werd up Volcano!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
He'll probably start lifting machines and employees and crap... Maybe walls or floors as well.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Naturally

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not really....I mean Naturally

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Maaaaaan, impressive numbers up in here viking. Damn, bro. I could only wish to be so strong.

:bb3:

We get high and now we talk about eating.
**** that, I get high and EAT! :lol:

I also like to get stoned and hit the gym. My intensity multiplies ten-fold! Anyone else?? Or am I the only one who sparks up before hitting the weights? :twisted:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^Ive done so on a few occasions and liked it. One of the good things is youre forget your working out and you realize half way through youre set and your like "sweet! I wasnt even trying!"

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Maaaaaan, impressive numbers up in here viking. Damn, bro. I could only wish to be so strong.

:bb3:

**** that, I get high and EAT! :lol:

I also like to hit get stoned and hit the gym. My intensity multiplies ten-fold! Anyone else?? Or am I the only one who sparks up before hitting the weights? :twisted:
used to over here... cant now... probation... But that shiii lends itself to some intense focus and I just close my eyes or zone out and smash those weights.

Gotta find me some alternatives now as Im done messin with the gonja.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I also like to hit get stoned and hit the gym. My intensity multiplies ten-fold! Anyone else?? Or am I the only one who sparks up before hitting the weights? :twisted:
Not me! It kills my aggression and motivation. I just wanna watch cartoons. LOL It's my post-workout recovery herbal supp reward/treat. ha ha I workout in the mornings and ALWAYS wait until afterwards to blaze one!! Of course I'm only role-playing and have no clue what you guys are talking about.....:blink:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
used to over here... cant now... probation... But that shiii lends itself to some intense focus and I just close my eyes or zone out and smash those weights.

xdream! :D

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established

Maaaan, tell me about it. I have such increased focus, drive, determination, mind-muscle connection, and my ability to just gut out a couple last reps when I would I would normally quit. I just feel more 'one with the weights' when I do it. :twisted:

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Not me! It kills my aggression and motivation. I just wanna watch cartoons. LOL It's my post-workout recovery herbal supp reward/treat. ha ha I workout in the mornings and ALWAYS wait until afterwards to blaze one!! Of course I'm only role-playing and have no clue what you guys are talking about.....:blink:
LOL! I hear you, brother. I prefer a nice predominantly sativa hybrid. Mental elevation and focus without the loss of motivation to get up and push the weights in the first place. :twsited: