ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You are weaker in the morning. They don’t know why exactly, but science has proven this. Whatever you can do training very early, after sleep, you will be a tad stronger late afternoon, all other conditions being optimal & equal. The thought is that likely the nervous system gets more efficient after it has time to warm up, so to speak.

But if you train the same time routinely, it doesn’t matter since you will be consistent. Muscles don’t know lbs on the bar, only perceived effort. And most strength competitions are earlier in the day, so you might as well get used to strength training early if that’s your thing.
I do find lifting around 12 my CNS is sharper, and the weight was lighter (squats). Unfortunately for now, my schedule, early morning, or after 5pm are the times I get to workout.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just wondering... do you find calf training to be really not a good bang for the buck?

Especially when recovery is limited like off cycle, i feel like i am not getting anything out of it honestly.

They seem to grow alongside the whole body as i gain weight and they shrink as i lose weight. Like foreams tbh. N3ver got anything out of forearm training.

So just focusing on compound leg exercises, do you reckon is enough for calves?

btw in pct... barely moving around the house after a workout lol

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just wondering... do you find calf training to be really not a good bang for the buck?

Especially when recovery is limited like off cycle, i feel like i am not getting anything out of it honestly.

They seem to grow alongside the whole body as i gain weight and they shrink as i lose weight. Like foreams tbh. N3ver got anything out of forearm training.

I'm sure that isolated calf exercises is better than not, just because added stimulus is going to provide more growth, but I'm like you, and I don't do them because they seem to grow proportionate with the thighs.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

What you want to hear is: yeah, it’s plenty. But the truth is that needs to be determined by your goals vs genetics, which I know you know.

Do you feel they are acceptable to you? Then keep doing what you are. If you want them bigger, your best bet is to do more, independent of other variables. But that effort has a cost obviously.

There’s always site enhancement oil

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm sure that isolated calf exercises is better than not, just because added stimulus is going to provide more growth, but I'm like you, and I don't do them because they seem to grow proportionate with the thighs.
I always think of those 40 yr old+ cyclists with dad bods but lean and big calves

damn those sobs i am jealous

i wonder how many calf raises those fukers do...

Last edited:
ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Today is rest day.

Energy levels better today.
Picked up some I Am Supreme to help with morning workouts.

Nothing too notable to note today, other than great libido and overall good well being.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are weaker in the morning. They don’t know why exactly, but science has proven this. Whatever you can do training very early, after sleep, you will be a tad stronger late afternoon, all other conditions being optimal & equal. The thought is that likely the nervous system gets more efficient after it has time to warm up, so to speak.

But if you train the same time routinely, it doesn’t matter since you will be consistent. Muscles don’t know lbs on the bar, only perceived effort. And most strength competitions are earlier in the day, so you might as well get used to strength training early if that’s your thing.
Just going to throw some ideas out there.

Could that be do to lower cortisol levels?
More meals consumed since it’s later in the day?
Better hydration since it’s later in the day? (I read somewhere once that dehydration can cause about to a 20% reduction in strength). Which is quite significant.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just going to throw some ideas out there.

Could that be do to lower cortisol levels?
More meals consumed since it’s later in the day?
Better hydration since it’s later in the day? (I read somewhere once that dehydration can cause about to a 20% reduction in strength). Which is quite significant.
I’m saying science hasn’t agreed on a definitive reason, but yes those are all possible contributors. And on a practical level, it is likely multiple things stacking the deck.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m saying science hasn’t agreed on a definitive reason, but yes those are all possible contributors. And on a practical level, it is likely multiple things stacking the deck.
Yeah I definitely agree with you. Just throwing out some ideas that I could think of to contribute.

Where the hell has good fitness related research gone these days? It seems like every article I read is 20 years old at minimum (besides SARMs).

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I definitely agree with you. Just throwing out some ideas that I could think of to contribute.

Where the hell has good fitness related research gone these days? It seems like every article I read is 20 years old at minimum (besides SARMs).
Who needs good studies anymore on fitness? We have instagram influencers to steer us in the right direction, and I hear they are photoshop wizzes

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Who needs good studies anymore on fitness? We have instagram influencers to steer us in the right direction, and I hear they are photoshop wizzes
some studies are wacky too and seem like they have an agenda . You got to be careful with everything these days. Anecdotal experiences say way more for me. Everyone is different though. One guy may get one result and another the opposite

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Today is brought to you by this 700 calorie post workout snack.
IMG_15092020_101624_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpeg
IMG_15092020_101618_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpeg

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Updated body composition
Screenshot_20200916-063730.jpeg
Screenshot_20200916-063759.jpeg

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Completed the 5mg of CJC 1295, and glad I'm done. Weird to know I am unnaturally bleeding GH through the day. Next time I use peptides with be the Viking 1 in PCT. As for now, I'll continue MK677 until PCT.

I did push day today. Did not attempt strength as my joints are tender, and a little dry.

Push day consisted of Incline DB press, flat close grip bench press, rope push down, and a seated upright hammer strength flat bench machine. Completed my workout with 5 sets of push ups. Really pressing to get to 190 before the end of everything because everyone knows you just go down once PCT starts.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Day 12 Ultra Hard

My skin/muscle has that clay like dry texture look, especially in the middle of a workout pump. I am definitely more dry looking on Ultra Hard than before. My joints are also more dry, so I believe I will scale the Ultra Hard to 3 pumps in the morning as opposed to 4. This is some potent stuff!

Libido is high. Very easy for my wife to get me aroused, easier than normal, and I'm 30, so libido is already pretty good, but on Ultra Hard it is taking my libido to another level.

Well being is consistently great since the very first time applying. Pretty good considering I'm taking 60mg of DMZ, and many would typically feel like garbage at that dose of a methylated compound.

Some worry about anxiety from the epi andro, don't. The Androsterone added to Ultra Hard does a good job at subsiding that negative side effect some may fear to experience from epi andro.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I did stop creatine a few days ago as well. So that I could reintroduce another stimulus in PCT.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Could dmz be causing androgen to estrogen imbalance ? Or the ultra hard drying you out? Dmz seems pretty dry though . A combo of dry and full, but maybe it has more impact on the joints ?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Could dmz be causing androgen to estrogen imbalance ? Or the ultra hard drying you out? Dmz seems pretty dry though . A combo of dry and full, but maybe it has more impact on the joints ?
I would say ultra hard is drying him out mostly.

From what i have heard dmz is not all that dry, definitely not as dry as common dht orals liek winstrol or anavar.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

From what i have heard dmz is not all that dry, definitely not as dry as common dht orals liek winstrol or anavar.
Right, and even though DMZ is close to SD, and SD is a methyl mastering, neither DMZ or SD or very much androgenic. Very little DHT like effect from DMZ or SD. But very pro anabolic; lean mass building.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Push Day

I may need a deload week. Strength profession on my first and central lifts have halted. Even enhanced, you may still need to take it easy temporarily to progress. I made up the lack of a solid 5 sets on my first compound with higher volume.

DB flat chest press

DB Arnold press

Cable flies supersetted with rope push down.

Great pumps and muscle hardness during workout.

Lean mass visually appears to be going up slowly.

I expect my next weigh in Wednesday to have a slight total body weight increase, and the increase being primarily from lean mass. Hopefully a little fat mass decrease as well.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Been a very busy past few days as well, with the kids, work, and overwhelmed pregnant wife. Otherwise I would be posting a bit more on this thread.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Day 16 Ultra Hard

Libido is high.
I notice male confidence and overall aggression is high. I have to take a step back when disciplining the kids, and tell myself not to be too aggressive. There is some hair shedding, and I'm fine with that. This does convert to DHT, so that's expected for many to experience.
Vascularity is great, especially in the middle of working sets.
Muscle hardness is, well, hard.
Well being is great, all things considered, crazy hyper kids, pregnant wife, 60mg methylated compound.
The DHT is having continued anti estrogenic effects, even at 3 pumps every morning. Water weight appears down, and I am looking leaner when I first wake up.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Also, milestone for me. Not a big deal for most because most can put on any kind of weight with ease. I am at the highest body weight I have ever been. Starting lifting at about 112 pounds at 5'11", and now sit over 180 pounds at 5'10", and a similar body fat percentage; no, there is no height discrepancy. After getting out of the Army, I shrunk an inch.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dinner.

Some changes I think I will make.
Focus more on biceps and triceps on push and pull day. They need more growth than my chest or back. I believe I will stop trying for strength, and leave the strength gains to post PCT. So, more pump, more volume, more burning. Hopefully, not trying to break strength gains is more friendly on the joints for right now.
IMG_20092020_193452_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpeg

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Dinner.

Some changes I think I will make.
Focus more on biceps and triceps on push and pull day. They need more growth than my chest or back. I believe I will stop trying for strength, and leave the strength gains to post PCT. So, more pump, more volume, more burning. Hopefully, not trying to break strength gains is more friendly on the joints for right now.View attachment 197846
All for you?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Ah, gotcha. I guess I've read mixed review with DMZ but seems like it's more so a full look. How would you compare it to superdrol?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ah, gotcha. I guess I've read mixed review with DMZ but seems like it's more so a full look. How would you compare it to superdrol?
I dont know , i never used and most likely never will use any of those. I stick to the injectables.

@ValiantThor08 can chime in

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Push Day

I may need a deload week. Strength profession on my first and central lifts have halted. Even enhanced, you may still need to take it easy temporarily to progress. I made up the lack of a solid 5 sets on my first compound with higher volume.

DB flat chest press

DB Arnold press

Cable flies supersetted with rope push down.

Great pumps and muscle hardness during workout.

Lean mass visually appears to be going up slowly.

I expect my next weigh in Wednesday to have a slight total body weight increase, and the increase being primarily from lean mass. Hopefully a little fat mass decrease as well.
Did you decide on a deload week?

Maybe try upping your calories for a few days. Or have a cheat meal.