Trying to get into 1000lbs club, need prep help

CJNator

Awards
Hey guys as of now I am cutting and will be trying to get into the 1000lb club at my gym for fun but I want to take it seriously. I calculated my PRs to be around 945 I believe but I feel I can get higher if I prep better. I was thinking carbing up and drinking a bcaa drink right before. Also I'll be on alphamine and albuterol. Any other suggestions?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hyde Rodja tygatyga

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Really comes down to programming bud.

CJNator

Awards
Really comes down to programming bud.
I'm going to start a 12 week modified PHAT program from boonman nwxt week but is there anything I can do pre lifting(diet, supplements, etc...) to ensure a good lift assuming my form and strength is up to par? Tomorrow I'm going to do a little bench and deadlift work just for technique and speed.

napalm

napalm

Awards
A calculated pr is not a pr. Get under the bar and find out what you're capable of. And getting stronger while cutting isn't exactly easy.

A great man once said:

You're a lot stronger than you think you are once you stop being a p.ussy...

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
200-300mg caffeine pre workout for acute strength benefits

Solid meal about an 1-1.5hr pre workout.

CJNator

Awards
A calculated pr is not a pr. Get under the bar and find out what you're capable of. And getting stronger while cutting isn't exactly easy.

A great man once said:

You're a lot stronger than you think you are once you stop being a p.ussy...
Hahaha that seems like a awesome quote. I'll be going hard tomorrow.

200-300mg caffeine pre workout for acute strength benefits

Solid meal about an 1-1.5hr pre workout.
Ok thanks, I'll post my number up hear when I'm done. What order should I do my lifts; I was thinking deadlift, bench, then squat.

compudog

compudog

Awards
I'm going to start a 12 week modified PHAT program from boonman nwxt week but is there anything I can do pre lifting(diet, supplements, etc...) to ensure a good lift assuming my form and strength is up to par? Tomorrow I'm going to do a little bench and deadlift work just for technique and speed.
Best things you can do prelifting are: 1. Get a good night's sleep. 2. Deal with whatever stress factors you might have. 3. Set up a practice, i.e. train as regular as you can; same time of day, same place, same shoes, etc. Make everything as much the same from workout to workout as you can. 4. Drink some water.

By all means use whatever stimulants you like, but I think paying attention to these basic things will benefit you a lot more than any pre workout potion.

CJNator

Awards
Best things you can do prelifting are: 1. Get a good night's sleep. 2. Deal with whatever stress factors you might have. 3. Set up a practice, i.e. train as regular as you can; same time of day, same place, same shoes, etc. Make everything as much the same from workout to workout as you can. 4. Drink some water.

By all means use whatever stimulants you like, but I think paying attention to these basic things will benefit you a lot more than any pre workout potion.
Thanks man, I have all of that down man! I make sure to be as rested and hydrated as I can. Also some gangsta music to throw on!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Squat
Bench
Dead

Just like a PL comp.

Time of lifting shouldn't matter. I've squatted 350 in the early am and 350 in the pm. Proper warm ups, mobility and work ethic is what matters. Pre workout food that digests easily and smooth for YOU always helps, as well as caffeine. Study after study proves acute strength benefits.

CJNator

Awards
Squat
Bench
Dead

Just like a PL comp.

Time of lifting shouldn't matter. I've squatted 350 in the early am and 350 in the pm. Proper warm ups, mobility and work ethic is what matters. Pre workout food that digests easily and smooth for YOU always helps, as well as caffeine. Study after study proves acute strength benefits.
Thanks for the help man, I trust myself that tomorrow will go smoothly!