TRT-- alternatives to HCG?

de49152

Awards
Sorry, I know this has probably been asked a hundred times, but I could not find a good thread.

I am currently on 50mg/day compounded testosterone (still isn't coming up very fast). My doctor didn't mention anything about shutting down my natural test. Besides HCG shots, are there any supplements that will maintain my natural test while on TRT? Tribulus? Powerfull?

Thanks,
Dan

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
Maintaining natural test and TRT are mutually exclusive.

Testosterone Replacement Therapy by definition completely replaces your natural testosterone production. That's why your balls would shrink. HCG is also suppressive to the HPTA, but it will get your testes to produce *some* testosterone (and other things that the leydig cells make).

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Maintaining natural test and TRT are mutually exclusive.

Testosterone Replacement Therapy by definition completely replaces your natural testosterone production. That's why your balls would shrink. HCG is also suppressive to the HPTA, but it will get your testes to produce *some* testosterone (and other things that the leydig cells make).
Yeah;

What are the other things;
and who made that list, references please.

de49152

Awards
New question-- how long on TRT does it take to shut the boys down completely? Is HCG the only post-TRT option?

Marshall

Marshall

Awards
New question-- how long on TRT does it take to shut the boys down completely? Is HCG the only post-TRT option?
Not sure how size relates to production but I noticed a change in the size of the testes around 7 or 8 weeks into cycle. It may have been noticeable sooner and I just didn't pay attention. I have only used HCG as PCT and it seems to work great in my case. I know people who use a Nolvadex protocol and they like it as well.