Topical turmeric (curcumin)?

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Anyone know if I can make a topical solution out of turmeric? I've got bursitis in my elbow and I was thinking about trying this out. Any thoughts?

PowerHouse555

PowerHouse555

Awards
  • Established
Yes i believe turmeric to be about the' single best herb to take....no matter how many times they study it it always proves to be effective from joint-to-cancer. I dont belive there is a tropical and if there was i wouldnt waste my time...take it oraly.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I'm already taking it orally, but you're saying you don't think it would have a better localized response if taken topically?

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dude you would be so yellow it wouldn't be possible. I spilled it once and it was a total nightmare. Plus, I don't think curcumin is small enough to pass, but I would have to look to be sure.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
it stains very bad - not sure if this is what you are looking for additionally as bursitus would be deeper in and not as localized for a topical solution.

best -

Vegking

Awards
I heard it is not very bioavailble, how do you get around that issue?

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Dude you would be so yellow it wouldn't be possible. I spilled it once and it was a total nightmare. Plus, I don't think curcumin is small enough to pass, but I would have to look to be sure.

lol he'd look as if he had contracted a disease...

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Piperine vastly increases the oral ba of curcumin, I think claims were by 2000%. Also dissolving it in olive oil should help qutie a bit. No point in using it topically or as a transdermal. Most available transdermal formulas result in systematic deliver since they cannot penetrate all layers of the skin and reach target tissues.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
i was gonna say

"isnt this yellow" you'd have jaundice of the elbow"

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I made an olive oil suspension out of it once to try to increase it's bioavailability..didn't taste too terrible but man, you couldn't even look at it without staining something.