Topical Finasteride

Vitruvian Man

Vitruvian Man

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
My hair is doing the goodbye. I am ready to give fina a go after I’ve seen it fully save/recover my brothers hairline and a few other friends of mine..

However I want to go topical due to risk of sides in oral and it also seems topical is better (I’m prone to anxiety so worried it could mess with that plus don’t want to risk ED)

The only topicals I’ve found contain minoxidil as well which I don’t want to use due to negative sides in the past (rapid heart rate / palpitations)

Do any of the online clinics offer standalone topical fina ? It seems they’re all the fina / minox combo

If I get fina pills prescribed, can I turn them into topicals and how difficult would that be

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My hair is doing the goodbye
Bald is beautiful! Better to just bite the bullet and be bald. Easy to manage and save on haircut costs that can go toward supplements ;)

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing seems to work for me, early 40s.

Topical Finasteride is difficult to find solo, compound pharmacy maybe? It would be difficult to get food coverage.

Oral Finasteride gave me major sides the first time I used it, this time I've been fine other than lacked orgasms.

Maybe try using a Derma Pen, Rogaine doesn't seem to work for me after 18 months so I'm probably a non responder.

I did buy RU, but yet to begin using it.

Good luck, it's tough!

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bald is beautiful! Better to just bite the bullet and be bald. Easy to manage and save on haircut costs that can go toward supplements ;)
Facts. I still grow hair just fine but $25-$30 every two weeks is not they way lol I just shave it with the clippers with no guard and and call it a day

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, all of the online places are compounding their formulas and can be formulated how you request. Can't speak to the effectiveness without the min, but can say that the topical is amazing. No sides and all my hair grew back and is staying.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would try something like Hims which sells a topical finasteride/ minoxidil product. Once per day and you get both products in one. It's better than just using one or the other.

Bon20

Awards
My hair is doing the goodbye. I am ready to give fina a go after I’ve seen it fully save/recover my brothers hairline and a few other friends of mine..

However I want to go topical due to risk of sides in oral and it also seems topical is better (I’m prone to anxiety so worried it could mess with that plus don’t want to risk ED)

The only topicals I’ve found contain minoxidil as well which I don’t want to use due to negative sides in the past (rapid heart rate / palpitations)

Do any of the online clinics offer standalone topical fina ? It seems they’re all the fina / minox combo

If I get fina pills prescribed, can I turn them into topicals and how difficult would that be
Hey, I'm in the process of creating my own topical finasteride. You can use pills to make topical finasteride. There are recipes available on Reddit and YouTub
Topical finasteride can also have side effects. However, experiments have shown that a 0.025% finasteride solution results in the fewest side effects. It blocks about 52% of scalp DHT and 25% of plasma DHT. Considering that 25% of plasma DHT is blocked, some people opt for a 0.0125% or a 0.01% solutio
Experiments have been conducted with concentrations from 0.025% up to 0.05%. As a result, it's not known how much scalp DHT a solution weaker than 0.025% blocks, nor its effect on plasma DHT levels.

So, yes, it is possible to make it yourself, and it's safest to prepare a solution of 0.025% or less to minimize side effects.

DaveMcNaul

DaveMcNaul

Awards
  • Established
Nothing seems to work for me, early 40s.

Topical Finasteride is difficult to find solo, compound pharmacy maybe? It would be difficult to get food coverage.

Oral Finasteride gave me major sides the first time I used it, this time I've been fine other than lacked orgasms.

Maybe try using a Derma Pen, Rogaine doesn't seem to work for me after 18 months so I'm probably a non responder.

I did buy RU, but yet to begin using it.

Good luck, it's tough!
I friend of mine told me that RU is amazing, is a miracle on his opinion.

His hair looks amazing tho

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I friend of mine told me that RU is amazing, is a miracle on his opinion.

His hair looks amazing tho
I did read multiple people on are the forums claim? When they started using it they literally stopped losing hair.

One of my friends users it and has pretty amazing hair, and his brother started on Finasteride, Rogaine and RU and did well!

Because it's a gray area supplement, I'm a little bit worried about taking it. Plus I don't think it's going to help me regrow my hairline.

I'm not sure whether I'm going to stop using Rogaine, but you can enhance the way it's absorbed by using a derma roller and I'm going to start doing that from next week and also I perhaps may start doing RU but I did wanna give Finasteride longer to see if it was enough.

I was looking to get 1500 grafts and get a hair transplant just to fix my hairline, over the months and years it does become stressful even though it's not a huge deal.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I did read multiple people on are the forums claim? When they started using it they literally stopped losing hair.

One of my friends users it and has pretty amazing hair, and his brother started on Finasteride, Rogaine and RU and did well!

Because it's a gray area supplement, I'm a little bit worried about taking it. Plus I don't think it's going to help me regrow my hairline.

I'm not sure whether I'm going to stop using Rogaine, but you can enhance the way it's absorbed by using a derma roller and I'm going to start doing that from next week and also I perhaps may start doing RU but I did wanna give Finasteride longer to see if it was enough.

I was looking to get 1500 grafts and get a hair transplant just to fix my hairline, over the months and years it does become stressful even though it's not a huge deal.
I know quite a few people who have gotten hair transplants and not a single one I know has regretted it. The recovery time for hair transplants today is very quick now. The former procedures had a tougher recovery time. It's not something I ever really wanted to do but I knew more and more people who had them done and they look so good it's hard not to want to get one now.

DaveMcNaul

DaveMcNaul

Awards
  • Established
I know quite a few people who have gotten hair transplants and not a single one I know has regretted it. The recovery time for hair transplants today is very quick now. The former procedures had a tougher recovery time. It's not something I ever really wanted to do but I knew more and more people who had them done and they look so good it's hard not to want to get one now.
Cbum, in just a week, his hair looks much better, obviously his head is shaved, but looks good.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This time over, I'm handling Finasteride much better but my concern is halting hair loss as well.

I'm not sure Finasteride will be enough, apparently it's not as effective for men in their 40s with natural receding hairlines.

I did buy 7 months worth of RU, yet to start using it and obviously I haven't responded to Minoxidil.

I could start derma rolling, however I'm not sure if there's any point doing this if I get a HT.

I did email a clinic, they told me maximum 1500 graphs.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This time over, I'm handling Finasteride much better but my concern is halting hair loss as well.

I'm not sure Finasteride will be enough, apparently it's not as effective for men in their 40s with natural receding hairlines.

I did buy 7 months worth of RU, yet to start using it and obviously I haven't responded to Minoxidil.

I could start derma rolling, however I'm not sure if there's any point doing this if I get a HT.

I did email a clinic, they told me maximum 1500 graphs.
They said you would only need a maximum of 1500 grafts?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They said you would only need a maximum of 1500 grafts?
Yeah, it's just my hairline.

Maybe on the day, they give me more? It depends on the Dr.

I'm still losing hairs, even on Finasteride and Rogaine.

Next step, I could add DUT or RU.

Maybe I do some Derma Rolling, see what happens but I'm unsure if you can really rebuild a hairline.