Topic of the Week: Are you worried about the long term effects of Prohormones?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Given the the past 20 years and evolution of ph's, do you worry about the long term effects? Heart issues, liver, kidney, etc...or do you believe its mainly blown out of proportion?

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not just prohormones but anabolics in general. I think it’s something most people don’t seem to think about but after years and years of use something will show up.

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually do somewhat pinnacle use to have andro popers I took those for a year without breaks or pct. training with my brother in Omaha not sure what the hell I was thinking young and dumb. We usually used the same things earlier this year he was diagnosed with an enlarged heart. I worry about him.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
"I actually do somewhat pinnacle use to have andro popers I took those for a year without breaks or pct."

Could you please rephrase this? I'm curious what this means.
@patrick25

Last edited:

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"I actually do somewhat pinnacle use to have andro popers I took those for a year without breaks or pct."

Could you please rephrase this? I'm curious what this means.
@patrick25
Used pro hormones for a year without taking a day off no pct added ever.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually do somewhat pinnacle use to have andro popers I took those for a year without breaks or pct. training with my brother in Omaha not sure what the hell I was thinking young and dumb. We usually used the same things earlier this year he was diagnosed with an enlarged heart. I worry about him.

Yeah this is often the case sometimes. Blood work doesn't tell the whole story and you end up with something like this...not to mention once blood work shows there is a problem, the physical damage has been done..

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
im way past worrying about them, I do feel healthy and I used many pro hormones and later on, the designers. my blood work looks good. I always tried to not abuse them and eventually progressed on to AAS which i feel are the safest route.

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Im off prohormones for good now....tried a comeback using them after years of being natty but it just hasnt worked out for one reason or another.

Maybe ill try Sarms again not sure. But nothing ever beat that first M1-T cycle.

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im off prohormones for good now....tried a comeback using them after years of being natty but it just hasnt worked out for one reason or another.

Maybe ill try Sarms again not sure. But nothing ever beat that first M1-T cycle.
Hey what do you mean by hasn’t worked out? As in your body not responding, side effects etc etc..

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
I do worry, especially about the cardiovascular effects. Never abused them by taking high dosages, but have ran many cycles in my past (young and dumb), without adequate amount of time off in between them. Ran too many methyls also as they were so readily available.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I do not really use any of the new pro hormones- really the only one O have used is 11-KT and 11-oxo. Would I worry? I don't tend to view things as "safe" - it is more about risk/reward. I think some of the newest pro hormones may have low rewards, relatively speaking.

Some of the pro hormones from, say, 5 years ago seemed to be effective but harsh and probably had more risk.

I think people on the internet do tend to brush the risks under the rug and should be more cautious. But I also think that acting like everyone using these compounds will have issues is overblown as well.

The thing is, if 1 out of 10 people will have a problem - 10 people will think they are OK to use and 1 of them will be wrong. The problem is that there is no way to tell which 9 will be ok and if you are in that group.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely concerned about cardiovascular effects but also effects on neurotransmitter receptor sites from ongoing use of dopamine agonists and other ancillaries.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Given the the past 20 years and evolution of ph's, do you worry about the long term effects? Heart issues, liver, kidney, etc...or do you believe its mainly blown out of proportion?
im worried about the heart issues

B4Hand

Awards
I wouldn't say I worry, but I'm well aware of the risks and increased likelihood of adverse health effects. While on PHs, even at lower recommended doses, I'm concerned with hypertension and libido issues. I love the alpha feeling I get, but for about 6 weeks after a cycle I've decided I won't do another because of the sides...but that doesn't last long.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well with everything in the world out there test seems small. There is a smart way though to do things and i dont plan on competing so think the most i will ever run is maybe 1800 and for like 16 weeks. so not really

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When it comes to long term health I honestly dont believe PH usage to be the worst factor. In comparison to the low amount of people who actually attempt to improve their cardiovascular system I really believe there lies the problem. Honestly not saying PHs dont carry risk but I think some of these PWOs used for extended periods of time carry the same alert.

Heck I remember noticing how drinking BCAAs and PWOs seemed to affect my teeth.

Risk Vs Reward I guess. Its subjective

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
People always think i might be on steroids or something, when in reality I'm natty for life, smh

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In response to the threads question - If you aren't "worrying" or in other words taking efforts to maintain your health whilst on and off, then things will always catch up with you eventually.

But the same can be seen in every facet of life, drinking, smoking, overeating etc.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
Natty for life, I don't need these drugs (genetics)

Slapoyjoe

I’ve only used epi, so I’m not that concerned tbh. I’ll run one more cycle of epi at the end of my next test cycle, and then I’ll be done with PHs. I’m nearly 48.

Seatmii

Awards
@ironhands just being in this thread contribute with absolutely NOTHING... man you funny

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly not saying PHs dont carry risk but I think some of these PWOs used for extended periods of time carry the same alert.
Good point

UNX

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I worry specially about cardiovascular effects. You can protect your liver with TUDCA on cycle, and liver recovery is not a problem. But atheroma plaques is another kind of problem: it will only worsen with time and keeping HDL/LDL fine on cycle is difficult. But with a healthy lifestyle, prohormones are not that bad. Newer things like SARM have a worse reward/risk ratio because most sides are unknown.

rage4cage

rage4cage

Awards
After being off them for years I haven't seen any real side effects. I did have blood work done the other day and my test was only 200, I thought that was low for a 38yr old in "dencent" shape but not sure if PH's had anything to do with it

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
After being off them for years I haven't seen any real side effects. I did have blood work done the other day and my test was only 200, I thought that was low for a 38yr old in "dencent" shape but not sure if PH's had anything to do with it
Yeah thats low IMO.

rage4cage

rage4cage

Awards
Yeah thats low IMO.
Yea it could have been the PH's or maybe the tren... :unsure: Either way TRT got it back to where it needs to be. 💪

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don’t worry, because I have made my educated decisions and feel I do what I can to accomplish what I want for a cost I can (hopefully) live with.

BUT I definitely think there is a cost, and will be longterm effects. You wanna run track or play football, there are risks as well as guaranteed wear & tear. Life is to be lived - it’s up to you how, and even similar paths won’t produce the same outcome for different users.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
No. I'll get on trt if needed. I only run one methylated compound a year. Also I run a bridge of clomid the whole time I'm off cycle. I get bloods once per year as well.
You run clomid for the entire time off cycle? How does that treat you, im genuinely interested. Does this mean your hpta is never without some exogenous chemical interference? Ive never heard this before so I'm very curious

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't worry about it, I have taken calculated risks and I have done irresponsible things as well. However worrying increases cortisol and that ain't healthy either. Just make an effort to be healthier, assume risks you are willing to deal with the consequences of and keep it moving.

I am definitely more responsible about things now, and take steps to improve my health, but like mentioned above everything has risks. I don't worry about getting in my car and my chances of dying or getting severely injured are higher there in my opinion. However I still wear my seat belt, and I still use support supps and try to improve lipids just to be safe.

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You run clomid for the entire time off cycle? How does that treat you, im genuinely interested. Does this mean your hpta is never without some exogenous chemical interference? Ive never heard this before so I'm very curious
Yes. Clomid is prescribed for HRT in the USA. I feel it keeps my LH and fsh and test high as it naturally possibly can be. I'm my opinion it's beneficial for me. I do 3, 10 weeks cycles a year approximately. At least I have the last 4 years of my life

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes. Clomid is prescribed for HRT in the USA. I feel it keeps my LH and fsh and test high as it naturally possibly can be. I'm my opinion it's beneficial for me. I do 3, 10 weeks cycles a year approximately. At least I have the last 4 years of my life
I have actually been meaning to talk to my doc about this and what sides there are compared to exogenous testosterone injections. I know there is give and take with both. Plus I have no clue if my boys would even produce anything at all after years of IM TRT now. I have read people are able to maintain some pretty decent but in range levels this way.

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have actually been meaning to talk to my doc about this and what sides there are compared to exogenous testosterone injections. I know there is give and take with both. Plus I have no clue if my boys would even produce anything at all after years of IM TRT now. I have read people are able to maintain some pretty decent but in range levels this way.
I'd buy Clomid research chemical on your own. Run it for 12 weeks and gets bloods. If test is over 500 pg/dl then it worked

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been lifting for 27 years and am on TRT for the last 8 and that is all I have done outside of a few little runs of Androhard added into TRT. I've always been interested, even long before TRT, but I am risk adverse and never wanted to take the time to really understand what each PH did- pros and cons. Genetics are good and kept me from dipping in, but I absolutely understand the draw.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
People always think i might be on steroids or something, when in reality I'm natty for life, smh
I believe you. You have a similar build to me in my 20s while in college ( i am 44 now) and i was not on gear. I used creatine, glutamine, vanadyl, MRP and protein. I got accused of using gear all the time. ironically now i do use it after going on hormone replacement therapy.

When the younger guys at the gym mention it to me as they know i have been around the block and trained with some guys obviously on gear I tell them "Go as far as you can as a natural if possible"

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah. Speaking of long term health I know back in many of the guys days like Larry Scott and Arnold Dbol was like candy and most were not aware of liver issues. Now I think we all know. I was wondering short of an all in one product with 30mg dboll a day i understand about 1000mg of milk thistle is good and Nac is good. How much NAC a day? Also anything else if i were buying things seperate?

benjamfzb

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Definitively aware this lifestyle should not be sustained long term. I think a successful steroid user (non competing) is one who gets slightly above natural over a few cycle and quits while hes ahead.

Problem now is whens the right time to stop? I dont enjoy being on at all so i can only imagine how hard it is for guys who feel good on it.