Tony & Paul Workouts

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 203 - Friday 18th January 2019

Today's legs workout also performed with a friend went very well, my strength was up again and i was able to push an extra 20 kilos on my max squat machine weight or an extra 45 lbs on my last set for the same 10 reps and also set a new personal best on leverage leg press for my last set of 10 reps for 570 KG or 1254 lbs which maxed out the loading pins on the machine and again made it feel stuterry, i was also able to add an extra 5 kilos or 11 lbs on to my max seated calf press, Tony's strength has also been increasing which is awesome considering we are both running on the same 950-1200 calories per day and this is day 19 straight of the cut running on 190-240 grams of protein, 18-30 grams of carbs and 12-20 grams of fat per day which is very low. We both cannot wait until Sunday or Day 21 which is our first high carb day end of week 3 - the others are then planned for the Sundays End of Weeks 5/7/8/9/10 so this will allow for 64 days of intense calorie restriction with 6 all out mainly high carbohydrate days.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just wanted to say the layout of this log is awesome. I hopped in here earlier in the week and went through it. Even stole a exercise I seen you guys do in a video. Great job!

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to say the layout of this log is awesome. I hopped in here earlier in the week and went through it. Even stole a exercise I seen you guys do in a video. Great job!
Thank You, people like you make this more worthwhile and your comment means alot to me and Tony. BTW what exercise was it that you Stole HaHa :)

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank You, people like you make this more worthwhile and your comment means alot to me and Tony. BTW what exercise was it that you Stole HaHa :)
I call it the tony&paul....hahahaa

Laying on rib cage on incline bench. 1 arm fly db.....you tell me bro

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Seen arnold do them and find they work great, also our Father used to do them back in the 70s when he was Mr Wales

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm Very Late ..............

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today's legs workout also performed with a friend went very well, my strength was up again and i was able to push an extra 20 kilos on my max squat machine weight or an extra 45 lbs on my last set for the same 10 reps and also set a new personal best on leverage leg press for my last set of 10 reps for 570 KG or 1254 lbs which maxed out the loading pins on the machine and again made it feel stuterry, i was also able to add an extra 5 kilos or 11 lbs on to my max seated calf press, Tony's strength has also been increasing which is awesome considering we are both running on the same 950-1200 calories per day and this is day 19 straight of the cut running on 190-240 grams of protein, 18-30 grams of carbs and 12-20 grams of fat per day which is very low. We both cannot wait until Sunday or Day 21 which is our first high carb day end of week 3 - the others are then planned for the Sundays End of Weeks 5/7/8/9/10 so this will allow for 64 days of intense calorie restriction with 6 all out mainly high carbohydrate days.
Would you be able to share your daily intake if you have a food tracker?
Looks pretty intense

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Seen arnold do them and find they work great, also our Father used to do them back in the 70s when he was Mr Wales
Is your dad Paul Grant ? I think he was from Whales. now I'm showing my age.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Looks pretty intense
I will post avg current daily intake later on and breakdown of meals for our current cut - and also the totals for the very high calorie refeeds - first one is due Sunday 20th January 2019 after an intense squat workout.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
what kind of pie was that?
A Lemon Cheesecake - Very Nice but best have been Neapolitan, Cookies & Cream, Rocky Road and Triple Chocolate as well as the awesome Almondy Daim Chocolate Cake with Crunchy Caramel which is not a cheesecake but still awesome and in a few of our mass calorie refeed - food videos on youtube.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Is your dad Paul Grant ? I think he was from Whales. now I'm showing my age.
No but he met him in person a few times and was also judged by him in a couple of shows that he won.

Sadly Paul Grant passed away 23 November 2003 at age 60 - my father is 62 years old so 15-16 years younger.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Update video for yesterday's leg workout:

Also the personal best of 570 KG or 1254 lbs for 10 reps.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Sunday 20th January 2019 Weight Update For The Week / End Week 3 Cutting Phase

End of week 3 cutting phase

Paul (ME) 14st 1.75 or 197.75 lbs -0.75 lbs from last week (I lost almost 1 lbs this week and look much better in the mirror and based on Tony's Feedback there is way more of a change from 3 weeks progress last year), the calipers indicated a gain of +0.12 % body fat +0.2 lb gained in one week - lean body mass is down -0.95 lbs in one week which is not that bad - protein is where it needs to be to preserve lean muscle, i feel i will have more of a drop next week - due to being down so much last week i feel this week has not been as noticeable - my body has transformed allot though i seem bigger and more shredded all over.

Tony 11st 3 or 157 lbs down -1.25 lbs from last week, calipers indicated a good loss of -0.71% body fat, loss of -1.21 lbs of fat and a loss of -0.04 lbs lean body mass. We both increased calories from protein to preserve lean muscle mass which is important to allow for more desired changed to be made in terms of overall body composition. (Caliper tests are more accurate for tony this week - both of us have been getting stronger and setting a few personal bests which is awesome, i feel we could even be recomping slightly due to our higher protein intakes in comparison to last years cut - protein will be kept the same for all of next week to see more of a change before any changes are required, we are also having a high carb day today which should make us both fuller and look awesome as well as keep fat loss progress going, prevent weight loss stalls.)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great Video's !!

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back 100 - Saturday 19th January 2019

Saturday's back workout was completed with 2 friends and went well, due to so many of us training we decided to include biceps adding to the workout, strength levels were decent and this was another progressive workout, also me and Tony had our mass calorie day yesterday - Sunday 20th January 2019 and he ended up popping into my workplace with extra carb based foods - mainly sour gummy bears (1.5 kilos worth) he went through around 400 grams and i had the other 100 and we saved the others for another day, i also managed to eat a few protein cookies, bars and brownies that i took with me and we then after my shift went to McDonalds then KFC for more food before arriving home at around 8:30 pm and stayed up eating until 1:55 am - I managed a massive 14k calories, 623g Pro, 1582g Cho & 562g Fat - i used a GDA, Defuse and Fat Binder Based Supplement at minimum servings which seems to do the job compared to a few times in the past where i have used triple or quadruple the recommended dosing for things like Evomuse Defuse which is just a waste of supplement and does not really improve the effectiveness.

Tony Managed to eat around 9K Calories, 293g Pro, 1240g Cho & 303g Fat - Lower than me but he is around 38-40 lbs lighter, i gained around 13.5 lbs putting me at just over 15 stone or 210lbs today and Tony gained 9.75 lbs upto 11st 12.75 from 11st 3 or 166.75 lbs from 157 lbs.

Last edited:
Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saturday's back workout was completed with 2 friends and went well, due to so many of us training we decided to include biceps adding to the workout, strength levels were decent and this was another progressive workout, also me and Tony had our mass calorie day yesterday - Sunday 20th January 2019 and he ended up popping into my workplace with extra carb based foods - mainly sour gummy bears (1.5 kilos worth) he went through around 400 grams and i had the other 100 and we saved the others for another day, i also managed to eat a few protein cookies, bars and brownies that i took with me and we then after my shift went to McDonalds then KFC for more food before arriving home at around 8:30 pm and stayed up eating until 1:55 am - I managed a massive 14k calories, 623g Pro, 1582g Cho & 562g Fat - i used a GDA, Defuse and Fat Binder Based Supplement at minimum servings which seems to do the job compared to a few times in the past where i have used triple or quadruple the recommended dosing for things like Evomuse Defuse which is just a waste of supplement and does not really improve the effectiveness.

Tony Managed to eat around 9K Calories, 293g Pro, 1240g Cho & 303g Fat - Lower than me but he is around 38-40 lbs lighter, i gained around 13.5 lbs putting me at just over 15 stone or 210lbs today and Tony gained 9.75 lbs upto 11st 12.75 from 11st 3 or 166.75 lbs from 157 lbs.

[video=youtube;bXMOAXnMDPU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXMOAXnMDPU[/video]
Damn I enjoy your vids! Keep it up brother. Very motivating!

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 204 - Sunday 20th & Monday 21st January 2019

Sundays quad workout & Mondays hamstring and calf workouts went well, me and Tony had the first high calorie day Sunday 20th after 3 weeks of our intense low calorie cutting phase out of 10 planned weeks, the next one will be in 2 weeks the Sunday end of week 5. We performed the squat workout fasted prior to eating any carbs which i feel is best to not have a negative impact on strength levels due to the spiking of insulin, i have eat carbs prior to the squats in the past on high carb days and found performance to be a little worse so stick to what works best and then load up on the food after the workouts on the high calorie days which are limited through this cutting phase.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Looks pretty intense
Current Daily Intake has changed from 900-960 upto 1150-1250 calories per day we have pushed protein higher to around 235-245 grams per day and carbs range from 20-40 grams depending on proteins and meat sources consumed and fats range from around 16-28 grams again depending on meat sources, we tend to have one solid food based meal post workout at 12-1pm (half a full broccoli each) and around 200 grams of a lean meat such as chicken breast, lean grass fed beef meatballs, lean cajun spiced grass fed beef meatballs, low fat pork sausages in a range of various flavours, low fat chicken breast sausages in plain or chilli versions or one lean beef hache steak each. the other 2 meals are eat one after another and consist of 120 grams of a mix of whey, casein, whey isolate, hydro whey, micellar casein and milk proteins mixed in a bowl with 200-220 ml of water to form great tasting protein sludge which is easy to consume and tastes awesome when using decent protein powders like Select Protein & Myofusion. The protein powders are consumed right after the solid meal to we tend to consume all meals within 1 hour so then have a 22-23 hour fasting period and always workout in a fasted state in the morning / rarely in the evening depending on work.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Current Daily Intake has changed from 900-960 upto 1150-1250 calories per day we have pushed protein higher to around 235-245 grams per day and carbs range from 20-40 grams depending on proteins and meat sources consumed and fats range from around 16-28 grams again depending on meat sources, we tend to have one solid food based meal post workout at 12-1pm (half a full broccoli each) and around 200 grams of a lean meat such as chicken breast, lean grass fed beef meatballs, lean cajun spiced grass fed beef meatballs, low fat pork sausages in a range of various flavours, low fat chicken breast sausages in plain or chilli versions or one lean beef hache steak each. the other 2 meals are eat one after another and consist of 120 grams of a mix of whey, casein, whey isolate, hydro whey, micellar casein and milk proteins mixed in a bowl with 200-220 ml of water to form great tasting protein sludge which is easy to consume and tastes awesome when using decent protein powders like Select Protein & Myofusion. The protein powders are consumed right after the solid meal to we tend to consume all meals within 1 hour so then have a 22-23 hour fasting period and always workout in a fasted state in the morning / rarely in the evening depending on work.
Isnt 900 kcal too little? And 16g of fats? I thought you shouldnt go below 50? If even that?

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Isnt 900 kcal too little? And 16g of fats? I thought you shouldnt go below 50? If even that?
We both are currently on 1200-1280 Kcal - 900 was too low and caused too much weight loss, i do not class this as a healthy diet, it is just what seems to work very fast to allow for us to be able to quickly drop body fat and our strength is maintaining or even going up from our mass gaining phase so we will just stick to what is working, the very high calorie days 1st one already passed Sunday 20th January End of Week 3, and others for End of Weeks 5,7,8,9 and 10 will allow for us to have some more fat in our diet on them days with large amounts of carbs, after the 10 weeks which is quite short term we then re introduce high calorie days with over 50 grams of fat in them every 3rd or 4th day, we may start at every week for a couple of weeks and then lower to every 6th day, 5th day, 4th day and then 3rd until we gain enough mass before restarting the whole process over again, we also perform mini 4 week - 30 day cuts if we feel we are gaining too much body fat which helps.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Chest 75 - Tuesday 22nd January 2019

Chest workout went very well strength is still quite high allowing for me and Tony to keep using heavier weights to preserve lean muscle whilst dropping levels of fat. (this is week 3/3 of chest before we change the movements to keep progressing and stop workouts from becoming boring.)

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back & Arms 66 - Wednesday 23rd January 2019

Yesterday's back and arm workout went well - strength is still high allowing for me to max out most machines weight stacks for my last 1-2 sets on all exercises which is a good sign that i am maintaining my muscle - i did feel very tired towards the end of the workout though due to it lasting around 2 hours because all 3 of us were training together.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Shoulders 36 - Thursday 24th January 2019

Todays shoulder workout was great - strength is still good allowing for me to be able to hit 20 reps for my heavy dumbbell shoulder press, the standing shoulder press did make me feel a little faint so i used less weight, overall our energy levels are awesome allowing for us to keep intensity levels very high throughout our workouts, motivation is also good which is making the workouts enjoyable - we just cannot wait for the warmer months due to it currently being winter which is why we are covered up in hoodies for most of our workouts which is a good thing because we are hiding the changes in body composition which will show greater as the weeks go by and our fat levels drop lower.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 205 - Friday 25th January 2019

Today's leg session went very well - i was able to keep the weight very heavy and max out again at 570 KG for my last set of leg press for 10 reps again, this week my right knee was not as sore which is good as i feel the bone and connective tissue is getting stronger which is important to allow for me to keep pushing heavy weights, later this year in the warmer months when we increase our calories and aim for more lean mass i will aim to push upto 590-600+ Kilos but will either require knee wraps, knee sleeves or compressions pants / leggings to provide more support for my knees which i feel will help when using heavier weights. I was also able to push an extra 20 kilos on my machine squats up to 260 kilos for 10 reps on my last set which i am happy with because strength seems to still be holding or even increasing slightly at end of week 4/10 of our planned cutting phase. Depending on how me and Tony are both looking for sunday we will assess when our next high carbohydrate refeed day will be. This will be down to the scales, mirror, real life and caliper tests so we are making sure progress is being made in terms of lowering our body fat levels.

"We also trained with 2 friends Scott and Jose which i feel makes the workouts slightly easier and aids with motivation during this cutting phase when energy and strength levels are normally rock bottom".

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back 101 - Saturday 26th January 2019

Todays back workout went well - i am still able to use the heavy dumbbells for single arm rows for a decent 10 reps for all 4 sets, i am wearing a belt though to prevent me from tweaking my back which did happen 2 weeks back but luckily did not have a negative impact on the squat workout the day after, barbell rows are still decent and i am still using heavy weights and pull ups were much easier than normal so i feel i have dropped some more weight, Tony's strength is also great and he is leaning up even more, i feel that the very high calorie day we had last Sunday helped us push through most of this week and did not interfere with fat loss just caused a jump in temporary water weight - i did feel really sluggish yesterday night in work though and prior to this workout so after tomorrow's weigh in, mirror check, real life check and caliper readings we will decide if we are to have another high carb day which originally was planned for week 5 but will be week 4 - and maybe weekly if we are making decent progress in reducing levels of fat as planned.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Sunday 27th January 2019 Weight Update For The Week / End Week 4 Cutting Phase

End of week 4/10 planned cutting phase

Paul (ME) 13st 11.5 or 193.5 lbs -4.25 lbs from last week (I lost over 4 lbs this week and look much better in the mirror and based on Tony's Feedback there is way more of a change from last week), the calipers indicated a gain of +0.26 % body fat +0.34 lb gained in one week - lean body mass is down -4.58 lbs in one week which i feel is water weight because i look leaner and drier - protein is where it needs to be to preserve lean muscle, my weight may maintain next week and drop the week after due to way my body updates every second week - due to not being down so much last week i feel this week has been more noticeable - my body has transformed again and i have kept mass but am more shredded all over and way drier.

Tony 11st 2.25 or 156.25 lbs down -0.75 lbs from last week, calipers indicated a good loss of -1.07% body fat, loss of -0.61 lbs of fat and a loss of -0.14 lbs lean body mass. We both kept calories from protein the same to preserve lean muscle mass which is important to allow for more desired changed to be made in terms of overall body composition. ( I feel that the caliper tests are accurate for tony this week - both of us have been maintaining our strength from the week prior and still maintaining our personal bests which is great, we seem to be recomping due to our high protein intakes in comparison to last years cut, our protein will be kept the same for all of next week to see more of a change before any changes are made, we are also having another high carb day today which should make us both fuller and vascular, i was saving it for end of Week 5 - next Sunday but we are both feeling quite depleted and lethargic so having it early - the one last sunday did not seem to have a negative impact on fat loss for Tony or Me and i feel my caliper tests are not accurate because i am down quite a lot in weight from last week and look much leaner all over and mainly in the mid section according to Tony the calipers are not always the best and the scales, mirror and honest feedback from another person work well to backup fat loss progress as well as improvements in overall body composition.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 206 - Sunday 27th & Monday 28th January 2019

Quad workout was performed in a fasted state yesterday morning weighing in at 13st 11.5 which is light for me, i found the weight heavier and performed 3 warm up sets prior to my 3 main working sets so i increased the volume, i also was unable to maintain 10 reps on my last set and stopped after 9 which is not to bad for the end of week 4 of the cutting phase, todays hamstring and calf workout went well due to being fully carbed up from the high calorie day yesterday.

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You Guys Always Kill It !!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quad workout was performed in a fasted state yesterday morning weighing in at 13st 11.5 which is light for me, i found the weight heavier and performed 3 warm up sets prior to my 3 main working sets so i increased the volume, i also was unable to maintain 10 reps on my last set and stopped after 9 which is not to bad for the end of week 4 of the cutting phase, todays hamstring and calf workout went well due to being fully carbed up from the high calorie day yesterday.
"Quad workout was performed fasted" Don't know how you do it! I would peter out in about 15-20 minutes.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
"Quad workout was performed fasted" Don't know how you do it! I would peter out in about 15-20 minutes.
Every workout is now performed fasted - usually at around 10-11:00am to 12-1pm then food is all consumed within 1-1.5 hours at 1-2 so we are training in a 20-21 hour fasted state, this has been working well for us - i do sometimes get very dizzy after the heavy leg press and using more weight on the squat machine up the bigger gym but me and Tony are coping with it quite well.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Chest 76 - Tuesday 29th January 2019

Today's Chest Workout was quite good, i did find the heavier dumbbells a little harder and was failing on 10th rep but still getting around 9 for all 4 sets, this is Week 1/3 Chest so we changed barbell bench to incline dumbbell and decline dumbbell flyes to flat to change the workout up to prevent it from becoming boring and also keep progress moving along, overall i was happy with this workout and seem to already be losing most of the water weight from Sunday's high calorie day due to the almost constant urination through the day.

Tomorrow we are planning to workout up the bigger gym if the weather does not stop us, we have been having snow over here in the UK which causes quite a lot of disruption. Tomorrow we are performing Back and Shoulder 1/3 and will be changing back movements from hammer strength machine to pull ups and use different low row machine - plate loaded as well as use different grips for lat pulldowns. We may use the viking press for shoulders or smith machine i will let Tony decide tomorrow.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back & Shoulders 35 - Wednesday 30th January 2019

Back and Shoulders 1/3 again changed from back and arms last week - i decided to use the harder high grip for plate loaded low rows, reverse grip for pulldowns, and then the wide straight bar for low rows on the pulley, 2 x sets over hand and 2 x sets underhand, we then performed pull ups which did feel harder than last Saturday and finished back with the wide hands facing grip bar for more pulldowns to completely change up the back workout from the past 3 weeks, then for shoulders we used the pec deck for rear delts and lateral raise machine for side delts, along with the awful scissor type shoulder press machine so used neither the smith machine or viking press as initially planned. Strength seemed good for both of us and we are lowering body fat which will be indicated on this coming Sunday's weight and caliper check along with the mirror and real life changes.

Last edited:
Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Every workout is now performed fasted - usually at around 10-11:00am to 12-1pm then food is all consumed within 1-1.5 hours at 1-2 so we are training in a 20-21 hour fasted state, this has been working well for us - i do sometimes get very dizzy after the heavy leg press and using more weight on the squat machine up the bigger gym but me and Tony are coping with it quite well.
Glad you can do it! I have tried it. can't do it on leg day! I about passed out. but I'm a puss.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today's Chest Workout was quite good, i did find the heavier dumbbells a little harder and was failing on 10th rep but still getting around 9 for all 4 sets, this is Week 1/3 Chest so we changed barbell bench to incline dumbbell and decline dumbbell flyes to flat to change the workout up to prevent it from becoming boring and also keep progress moving along, overall i was happy with this workout and seem to already be losing most of the water weight from Sunday's high calorie day due to the almost constant urination through the day.

Tomorrow we are planning to workout up the bigger gym if the weather does not stop us, we have been having snow over here in the UK which causes quite a lot of disruption. Tomorrow we are performing Back and Shoulder 1/3 and will be changing back movements from hammer strength machine to pull ups and use different low row machine - plate loaded as well as use different grips for lat pulldowns. We may use the viking press for shoulders or smith machine i will let Tony decide tomorrow.

[video=youtube;-qX5TvWHOqA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qX5TvWHOqA[/video]
love me some pullovers. don't see them done much anymore at my gym. guys always ask me is that for chest or back. I say both for me.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Studhorse with pullovers i feel the lower you go the more they work the lats and go into my shoulders so i tend to not go too far behind the head which allows for me to use them more for chest.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I also never have performed power style conventional deadlifts and perform locked / stiff or romanian style just to work hamstrings.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Studhorse with pullovers i feel the lower you go the more they work the lats and go into my shoulders so i tend to not go too far behind the head which allows for me to use them more for chest.
Thanks Brother....makes sense. I will have to try this. I have always used full range.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also never have performed power style conventional deadlifts and perform locked / stiff or romanian style just to work hamstrings.
My daughter loves the romanian for ham work. I can't do them. my lower back has been jacked up for 15 years.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Arms 34 - Thursday 31st January 2019

Arm's workout went well, i was able to maintain strength by using the usual heavier 50lb dumbbells for bicep curls for 20 reps - 10 on each arm, triceps strength was also decent, we performed 3 exercises for biceps and 3 for triceps, 4 sets each so the total volume was around 24-26 sets for arms if you add in warmup sets so the volume is still quite decent. Due to the low carbs there is a lack of muscle fullness and pump and it is very cold so me and Tony train wrapped up warm which is better to allow for more visual changes in condition to show as we progress further into this cut. I also performed 1 x 100 and 2 x 50 rep sets of barbell twists and standing ab crunches 15-18 reps for 4 sets - standing crunches performed on the high cable which were not recorded - i always tend to hit the abs 2-3 times per week during cutting phases, every Tuesday, Thursday and Every Other Saturday normally when training in my gym, this week i trained them Tues, Wed, Thurs, and will be hitting them again Saturday.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 207 - Friday 1st February 2019

Leg workout went well, we changed up the leg exercises due to this being week 1/3 legs, sled leg press, hack squats, standing calf raises and lying leg curls, i also used less weight on leg press and maxed out at 500 Kg for 22 reps for my last set, for the next few weeks i will see how heavy i can go whilst being able to maintain 12-15 reps to keep the pressure reduced on the knees, it was very cold up the bigger gym today and i was unable to get a pump due to a combination of the very low carbohydrates due to my diet along with the cold temps.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back 102 - Saturday 2nd February 2019

Back workout went well, strength was a little down though due to training fasted after working on my feet in the gym for most of the morning, i was still able to use decent weights just felt more drained, progress with fat loss has been going well, due to work commitments videos have not been made and posted as quick, we will weigh in and do caliper test tomorrow and then i will update this forum.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Sunday 3rd February 2019 Weight Update For The Week / End Week 5 Cutting Phase

End of week 5/10 planned cutting phase

Paul (ME) 14st 0.25 or 196.25 lbs +2.75 lbs from last week (I gained just short of 3 lbs this week and appear to be up in lean body mass but zero change to fat mass which is the same as last week), the calipers indicated a loss of -0.06% body fat 0 lb gained or lost in one week - lean body mass is up +2.75 lbs in one week which i feel is lean muscle due to my body's condition looking better - the protein is where it needs to be to preserve lean muscle, my weight may will probably drop more next week due to way my body updates every second week for fat loss. (i feel protein intake should stay the same for all of next week)

Tony 11st 1.25 or 155.25 lbs down -1 lbs from last week, calipers indicated a gain of +0.44% body fat, gain of +0.61 lbs of fat and a loss of -1.61 lbs lean body mass. We both kept calories from protein the same to preserve lean muscle mass which is important to allow for more desired changed to be made in terms of overall body composition. ( I feel that the caliper tests are showing water fluctuation for Tony this week - both of us have been maintaining our strength which is great to allow for decent quality workouts, we are recomping due to our high protein intakes in comparison to all previous cutting phases, protein intake will be kept the same for all of next week to see more of a change in body composition before any changes are made, we are also having another high carb day today which should make us both fuller and more vascular, it was originally planned for today which is the end of Week 5 - Sunday but again we are both feeling quite depleted and lethargic on a day to day basis after only 6 days of very low carbs, calories and fat so putting another one in - the one last sunday did not seem to have a major impact on fat loss and even displayed muscle gain for me and Tony, we will both now check physiques in real life and the mirror to see if everything is on track.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 208 - Sunday 3rd & Monday 4th February 2019

Sundays quad workout and mondays hamstring and calf workouts went great, i was able to get my last 10th rep back on my final set of front squats so strength was up slightly from last week, i was also able to use more weight on my last set of deadlifts for 10 reps which i am happy with, overall progress has been going great, me and Tony are both dropping body fat every week and maintaining our strength.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Chest 77 - Tuesday 5th February 2019

Tuesdays chest workout went well, strength is on the increase as i was able to perform 12 reps vs my usual 10 for my last set of heavy flat dumbbell bench press, i also used heavier dumbbells for flyes which is progressive in comparison to last week's session, i am feeling a little more lethargic today as the carbs have gone from Sundays high calorie day but workout performance is still decent.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back & Shoulders 36 - Wednesday 6th February 2019

Back and shoulder workout was good, the order of the routine was changed slightly but it did not have a negative impact on the workout performance and we were still able to use decent weights for most of the machines, i felt a decent pump in my back and delts which is odd considering this is the 3rd day after the last high carb day which is usually when all carbs have been burned through and i'm normally flat, vascularity is also improving in my arms and spreading through the shoulders which only tends to happen at the end of the fat loss phase.

Last edited: