Tony & Paul Workouts

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back & Arms 69 - Wednesday 6th March 2019

Back and arms workout went very well this is now week 3/3 back and arms which will switch over to back and shoulders next week for another three weeks along with changes to all of the other workouts, both myself and Tony's strength levels were quite good, i did feel quite deflated and flat though and was not able to get much of a pump, i did manage to get some improved muscle fullness towards the end of the workout but nothing in comparison to one of our very high carbohydrate days which are only on Sundays.

Later on in the year when we decide to add in more high days to gain more mass i feel this Wednesday workout will be much better and vascularity should improve.

The weights did feel slightly lighter but my left shoulder felt a little stiff so i did not push too hard, it is also the middle of the 10th week of our fat loss phase which has flown by although this week does seem to be dragging.

Last edited:
Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Back and arms workout went very well this is now week 3/3 back and arms which will switch over to back and shoulders next week for another three weeks along with changes to all of the other workouts, both myself and Tony's strength levels were quite good, i did feel quite deflated and flat though and was not able to get much of a pump, i did manage to get some improved muscle fullness towards the end of the workout but nothing in comparison to one of our very high carbohydrate days which are only on Sundays.

Later on in the year when we decide to add in more high days to gain more mass i feel this Wednesday workout will be much better and vascularity should improve.

The weights did feel slightly lighter but my left shoulder felt a little stiff so i did not push too hard, it is also the middle of the 10th week of our fat loss phase which has flown by although this week does seem to be dragging.

[video=youtube;KFhaU8Fw-QM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFhaU8Fw-QM[/video]
Nice work. Lovin the EJ music.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Shoulders 39 - Thursday 7th March 2019

Shoulder workout went very well, strength is decent, the dumbbells did make me feel a little light headed on my first set of seated dumbbell shoulder press which is new to me but only impacted the one first heavy set. I was able to maintain decent weights on all of the exercises within this workout and Tony also had a decent progressive workout, we are both looking forward to our legs session tomorrow up the bigger gym.

This is towards the end of Week 10/10 of our planned fat loss dieting phase, i did seem to be retaining some water from the high calorie day on Sunday and have been a little run down with a cold and annoying cough which i feel did not help with the water retention which has now gone today and i am looking much leaner, i feel that i am on point for the weight and caliper checks which will be carried out very early Sunday morning due to me having a work shift starting at 7:45am so i will probably be awake at around 5am to take my body weight and perform caliper tests which was the same a couple of weeks back when i had an early Sunday work shift.

We may add a few weeks to this fat loss phase and push it to 12 or 14 weeks or include regular high calorie days every 4th or 5th day compared to the every 7th we have been doing on Sundays for a couple of weeks to give our bodies a break before going into another fat loss based phase closer towards summer which may only last 3 maybe 4 weeks max which i feel will be plenty for both of us.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 217 - Friday 8th March 2019

Leg workout went very well, our strength levels were decent despite working out in a 24-25 hour fasted state, Me and Tony both have been maintaining decent levels of strength and my knees felt quite good and were not to sore so i was able to push as normal with this workout, we also performed 3 sets on both seated and lying leg curls to add more variation to the workout and have been performing single leg presses to keep the load off the joints to allow for our knees to recover for the next 3 weeks of intense leg workouts which will be double leg press as normal but loading up the weight to allow for a little more mass gain as we plan to add in more high calorie days due to this being the end of week 10/10 of the planned fat loss phase, we have both decided to at least maintain our condition as it until maybe the middle of april to may when the weather gets warmer, we are in a much better state this time of the year compared to 2018 so if we do cut again only 4 weeks or 30 days should be required which will be straight through - no high calorie days or carb ups, we may even go back into a ketogenic phase for the month where protein consumption is kept quite low for us at just over 100-120 grams per day with high fats. If we do not have high calorie days i feel we can go upto around 1500-1800 calories per day ketogenic and still make great progress in further reducing fat levels later in the year.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back 107 - Saturday 9th March 2019

The back workout was OK, i was able to use decent weights but not as much as last week, we started working out at around 9:10 am which is early and i felt quite lethargic today which i feel inhibited my performance, carbs are depleted due to this being day 6 on around 20-30 grams of carbs just from the whey, casein and also broccoli consumed so is not from direct sugars which means net carbs are even lower, we also trained fasted again, Tony was happy with the workout and felt it was productive for us both and commented stating that i am looking in much better condition and have even maintained most if not all of my muscle mass which means this cut has been very progressive, he is also improving dramatically and keeping up with me for most exercises which is awesome, the motivation of training together is great and i feel drives further progress.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Sunday 10th March 2019 Weight Update For The Week / End Week 10/10 Cutting Phase

End of Week 10 /10 Planned Cutting Phase.

Paul (ME) 13 St 8.25 Lbs or 190.25 Lbs -2.25 Lbs from last week (I lost a little over 2 Lbs this week and appear to be harder and leaner compared to last week so the progress has been superb), the callipers measurements indicated a gain of +0.33% body fat +0.54 Lbs gained in one week - lean body mass is down -2.79 Lbs in a week which is a little odd because Tony stated from my visual and mirror checks that i am looking leaner and bigger so i contribute this to a reduction in water weight opposed to lean muscle mass which does occur for me at certain points during the fat loss phases.

Tony 10 St 12.75 Lbs or 152.75 Lbs -0.75 Lbs from last week, the callipers indicated a loss of -0.11% body fat, a loss of -0.2 Lbs of fat and a loss of -0.55 Lbs lean body mass. Tony has greatly improved this week due to his abs again looking leaner but blockier at the same time, his quads have improved in size and shreds again, his back has improved in condition and he appears to have gained more lean muscle mass, the progress overall has been awesome with this fat loss phase and we will keep things the same because it is working well, the protein intake and calories are still decent enough to allow for us to both maintain or even gain muscle whilst reducing levels of body fat.

*We are at the end of Week 10/10 of our originally planned cutting phase which also ends on the 10th of March 2019. We plan on adding in more high calorie days on a frequent basis to allow for gains in lean muscle mass to be made and to also maintain our current condition before possibly carrying out another 30 day fat loss phase later this year when the weather improves.

🍪🍩🥙🌮🥤🌰🥮🧁🍥🥠🍭🍟🍔🍕🍛🍧🍫

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - FOOD - ReFeed Day 83 - Sunday 10th March 2019

This is a video of the very high calorie day for the end of week 10 of our fat loss phase, i hit something like around 16600 calories and Tony managed 10200 which is very high for one day but we enjoyed the food and were able to have a great hamstring and calf workout the day after and the chest workout on tuesday was also quite good and i was able to achieve a decent pump.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 218 - Sunday 10th & Monday 11th March 2019

Sundays and Mondays Quad, Hamstring and Calf workouts went well i was able to work back up to decent weight for squats and performed around 20 or even more sets of leg extensions earlier through the day at the other gym so kept my legs pumped for hours prior to the quadricep workout, i was also able to go real heavy on seated calves and use more weight on leg curls and go back to pretty heavy weight for deadlifts so happy with the results of the two workouts, we have consumed more calories both Monday and Tuesday than normal just from additional protein based foods e.g. low carb quest cookies, pro supps my bars, dymatize elite bars, peanut butter, PB2 chocolate powdered peanut butter, My Protein powdered peanut butter in original and stevia sweetened version which pretty much covers the additions to both Mondays and Tuesdays Intake which is stopping from Today or Wednesday Onwards and we are reverting to our usual low calorie high protein diet to cut with, Friday will be a slightly lower calorie day and Saturday will be a complete all day fast prior to our next high day Sunday 17th March.

Last edited:
Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Leg workout went very well, our strength levels were decent despite working out in a 24-25 hour fasted state, Me and Tony both have been maintaining decent levels of strength and my knees felt quite good and were not to sore so i was able to push as normal with this workout, we also performed 3 sets on both seated and lying leg curls to add more variation to the workout and have been performing single leg presses to keep the load off the joints to allow for our knees to recover for the next 3 weeks of intense leg workouts which will be double leg press as normal but loading up the weight to allow for a little more mass gain as we plan to add in more high calorie days due to this being the end of week 10/10 of the planned fat loss phase, we have both decided to at least maintain our condition as it until maybe the middle of april to may when the weather gets warmer, we are in a much better state this time of the year compared to 2018 so if we do cut again only 4 weeks or 30 days should be required which will be straight through - no high calorie days or carb ups, we may even go back into a ketogenic phase for the month where protein consumption is kept quite low for us at just over 100-120 grams per day with high fats. If we do not have high calorie days i feel we can go upto around 1500-1800 calories per day ketogenic and still make great progress in further reducing fat levels later in the year.

[video=youtube;y6w8LJiV_rw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6w8LJiV_rw[/video]
your calves are SICK!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
End of Week 10 /10 Planned Cutting Phase.

Paul (ME) 13 St 8.25 Lbs or 190.25 Lbs -2.25 Lbs from last week (I lost a little over 2 Lbs this week and appear to be harder and leaner compared to last week so the progress has been superb), the callipers measurements indicated a gain of +0.33% body fat +0.54 Lbs gained in one week - lean body mass is down -2.79 Lbs in a week which is a little odd because Tony stated from my visual and mirror checks that i am looking leaner and bigger so i contribute this to a reduction in water weight opposed to lean muscle mass which does occur for me at certain points during the fat loss phases.

Tony 10 St 12.75 Lbs or 153.75 Lbs -0.75 Lbs from last week, the callipers indicated a loss of -0.11% body fat, a loss of -0.2 Lbs of fat and a loss of -0.55 Lbs lean body mass. Tony has greatly improved this week due to his abs again looking leaner but blockier at the same time, his quads have improved in size and shreds again, his back has improved in condition and he appears to have gained more lean muscle mass, the progress overall has been awesome with this fat loss phase and we will keep things the same because it is working well, the protein intake and calories are still decent enough to allow for us to both maintain or even gain muscle whilst reducing levels of body fat.

*We are at the end of Week 10/10 of our originally planned cutting phase which also ends on the 10th of March 2019. We plan on adding in more high calorie days on a frequent basis to allow for gains in lean muscle mass to be made and to also maintain our current condition before possibly carrying out another 30 day fat loss phase later this year when the weather improves.

:rambo::dance::arms::food:
You guys are looking excellent. The consistent hard work is paying off for sure.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Chest 82 - Tuesday 12th March 2019

Chest workout went well, strength seems to be going back up slightly making the heavier dumbbells easier to press, i did lose 1-2 reps on some of my sets for incline bar bench press which i felt like energy levels were dropping towards the end of the workout, overall i felt that this was one of the best chest workouts that we have had for a while and Me and Tony felt that it was progressive.

Last edited:
Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is a video of the very high calorie day for the end of week 10 of our fat loss phase, i hit something like around 16600 calories and Tony managed 10200 which is very high for one day but we enjoyed the food and were able to have a great hamstring and calf workout the day after and the chest workout on tuesday was also quite good and i was able to achieve a decent pump.

[video=youtube;bcc7sJpWYck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcc7sJpWYck[/video]
Thanks! Now I'm hungry! LOL

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back & Shoulders 73 - Wednesday 13th March 2019

Back & Shoulder Workout was really good, strength levels are increasing for me and Tony and i was able to get a decent pump for this workout, we have been eating protein bars which are low in carbs along with quest protein cookies yesterday and today which has been aiding with strength levels, tomorrow will be quite hard though because it is a complete fasting day for us both prior to the high calorie day Sunday.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Arms 37 - Thursday 14th March 2019

Arms workout for week 1/3 went well, we decided on 3 movements for biceps and 3 for triceps for 4 sets of each so 12 sets for biceps and 12 for triceps for a total of 24 working sets not including the 4 i did for sit-ups, 2 for cable crunches and 1 x 200 rep set of twists so this was a decent volume workout that really hammered the arms, pump was great and energy levels were awesome considering that the workout was performed in a fasted state at around 1:30pm which is later than normal due to us usually training early in the morning to break our fast at around 12pm.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 219 - Friday 15th March 2019

Leg workout went very well up the bigger gym, i was able to work back up to a decent 1122 lbs for my last set of 12 reps for leg press which is not my max but still good after a 10 week fat loss phase, my legs felt good today and knees were only a little sore when performing hack squats which prevented me from going very low on them, the gym was cold but i still managed to train in shorts, i cannot wait for the warmer summer weather so i can tan my skin which i feel works well to improve its quality and provide better footage for the gym workout videos, Tony felt good for this workout and is still keeping up with me for maxing out the leg extension machine, using the same weight for lying leg curls and donkey calf raises on the machine.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Studhorse

We will be very hungry tomorrow due to performing a full day fast which will probably be 41-44 hours straight through until Sunday morning, which started around 2-3:30pm today. We may eat something prior to the quad workout Sunday 17th or just go into it completely fasted, i feel fasted is better to aid with our fat loss progress and not increase insulin levels pre workout, it also saves me from having to use a GDA due to being able to eat the carbs after the intense workout without the need for one. "Sometimes eating prior to the leg workouts decreases our performance especially when the food is high in carbs due to us not consuming any carb based foods through the week - Mon-Sat.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back 108 - Saturday 16th March 2019

Back workout went very well in our gym, we were able to use decent weights and i performed 20 reps per side for my last set with the heavy dumbbells for single arm rows which is a new PB, i did go lighter on the corner rows but my second set was a drop of 8,8,8,8 taking a 45lb plate off for every drop starting with 225lbs, this was intense due to being a 32 rep set. All of the rest of the workout was straightforward except we compound setted the wide grip barbell rows with pro style grip pulldowns to speed up the workout to allow for me to make it to work ontime. We both had one awesome workout and i am not hungry despite not eating anything today, this is going to be a long fast due to eating my last meal on the 15th March at around 3pm around 31-32 hours ago.

Cannot wait for tomorrow's awesome high calorie day with Tony.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Sunday 17th March 2019 Weight Update For The Week - Week 11/10 Cutting Phase

End of Week 11 /10 Cutting Phase - 1 week over what was originally planned although we have eaten more this week, Saturday 15th March was a complete fasting day to make up for the increase in calories from the additional low carb protein snacks we both consumed throughout the week.

Paul (ME) 13 St 11.75 Lbs or 193.75 Lbs +3.5 Lbs up from last week (I gained 3.5 Lbs this week and appear to be drier and harder in comparison to last week so the progress has been on point), the callipers measurements indicated a loss of -0.21% body fat -0.27 Lbs fat lost in one week - my lean body mass actually up by +3.77 Lbs in a week which is noticeable due to me looking bigger overall and more conditioned.

Tony 10 St 13.5 Lbs or 153.5 Lbs +0.75 Lbs from last week, the callipers indicated a loss of -0.07% body fat, a loss of -0.07 Lbs of fat and a great gain of +0.82 Lbs lean body mass. Tony has improved this week due to his abs appearing blockier and serratus more shredded, his legs have improved in size again, his back has improved in condition as well as mass and he has gained more muscle size all over, the progress overall has been awesome with this fat loss phase and we will decide weather to increase the protein and caloric intakes during the week to see if we can still gain muscle like this whilst lowering body fat which is effectively recomping which is great!.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - FOOD - ReFeed Day 84 - Sunday 17th March 2019

This was a short video made for some - not all of the food consumed for this high calorie day, i felt i did not eat much but the calorie count proves that wrong. Me and Tony both consumed a mass of calories from a range of foods and did not include any peanut butters which is what normally jacks up the fat content.

The leg workout was quite hard because we performed a circuit for quads, 5 x 10 of Front Squats, Smith Machine Squats, Leg Press - 10-12 x per leg and 6 sets of 10-15 leg extensions. I also went up to 50 reps on each leg for my last set of leg press to finish the quads off and they are still aching today which is now Wednesday, 3 days after the workout. We will not do this workout again Sunday due to how hard it was even though i dropped 45 lbs of my front squats weight. The volume was much higher though.

Totals Me: Kcal:16:340, Protein: 477.66g, Carbs: 1844.39, Fat: 754.43g

Tony Kcal: 11:094 ,Protein: 287.71g, Carbs: 1333.79g, Fat: 506.93g

Last edited:
Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Back & Shoulder Workout was really good, strength levels are increasing for me and Tony and i was able to get a decent pump for this workout, we have been eating protein bars which are low in carbs along with quest protein cookies yesterday and today which has been aiding with strength levels, tomorrow will be quite hard though because it is a complete fasting day for us both prior to the high calorie day Sunday.

[video=youtube;AZEZHbks7j8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZEZHbks7j8[/video]
Back and Shoulders are looking great!

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 220 - Sunday 17th & Monday 18th March 2019

Sundays intense quad workout and Mondays concentrated hamstring and calves workouts both went well, Quad workout was very hard due to performing 5 sets for front squats, smith squats, single leg press and leg extensions all in a circuit with little rest between sets, the hamstring and calf workout was also quite good because we performed leg curls and deadlifts more strict which had caused for them to still be sore today.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Chest 83 - Tuesday 19th March 2019

Chest workout went very well my strength was up from last week which made the heavier dumbbells easier to press for 9-10 reps and 14 on my last set with Tony assisting me, my chest is still sore today 2 days after the workout due to pushing harder now to try and gain lean muscle mass, i have also consumed more calories yesterday and today around 400-450 more yesterday and 1000 today, but tomorrow i am going to be down 1100 calories and Saturday will be another complete fast prior to sunday's very high day.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back & Shoulders 74 - Wednesday 20th March 2019

Back and Shoulders Workout Week 2/3 went well, strength was not as good for shoulder press but was decent for all of the back exercises, i was able to get a pretty decent pump during this workout and slowed down some of the movements to get more of a squeeze. Progress is going good and strength should start to increase if we keep calories a little higher during some days through the week from extra protein shakes and low carb protein bars.

Tomorrow we will be training early and then fasting for the whole day until Sunday morning - we make break the fast prior to our squat workout depending on how we feel or perform front squats and smith squats fasted and then eat some food and go back in our gym later in the afternoon or evening to perform the leg extensions and single leg press. I will be performing a few light sets maybe 2-3 before front squats to warm up the knees because they have been painful lately.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Arms 38 - Thursday 21st March 2019

Arms workout went very well, i was able to get quite a good pump and muscle-fullness was great which could be down to the higher protein intake and slightly more calories around 400-500 extra which has been helping us both, my strength levels were also good for this workout and we supersetted all bicep and tricep movements to speed up the workout.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 221 - Friday 22nd March 2019

Leg workout was great, strength is still increasing even though this workout was performed in a 25-26 hour fasted state after my morning work shift. Both me and Tony are improving every week and i feel that due to the extra calories from low carbohydrate based protein snacks we have much better energy levels allowing for more productive workouts. I still did not push really heavy on leg press but was able to max out the machine for thigh adductors which was great, my calves are also very sore along with my hamstrings today from this workout which is new due to not suffering from muscle soreness on a regular basis.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back 109 - Saturday 23rd March 2019

Back workout was good today, we both completed this workout in a fasted state and also did not consume anything post workout, i went straight to work along with Tony and today is a complete fasting day to make up for the extra calories consumed on 3 of the days this week, it turns out that we are around 1800-2000 calories up in the whole week or 6 days which averages 300-333 calories more per day with today's complete fast which is not much higher and still quite a lot below out maintenance levels. Pumps and vascularity were good for this workout in addition to our strength levels, i did feel tired towards the end of the workout and when finishing it due to not eating and was a little sluggish in work but feel fine now and will rest tonight - hopefully have better sleep because i have only been getting 2-3 hours max every Saturday.

Tomorrow is the weight check and update along with our intense quad workout in the morning which we will split into 2 sections morning and afternoon or the evening depending on how we both feel.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Sunday 24th March 2019 Weight Update For The Week - Week 2 Off Intense Cutting Phase

End of Week 12 /10 Cutting Phase or 2nd Week Off Intense Cutting Phase - 2 weeks over what we were aiming for but we have eaten more again this week, Saturday 23rd March or yesterday was another complete fasting day to make up for the increase in calories from the additional low carb protein snacks we both consumed throughout the week.

Paul (ME) 13 St 10.5 Lbs or 192.5 Lbs -1.25 Lbs down from last week (I lost just over 1 Lb this week and appear to be drier and harder in comparison to last week so the progress is still moving in the right direction.), the callipers measurements indicated a gain of +0.13% body fat +0.21 Lbs fat gained in one week, my lean body mass also down by -1.46 Lbs in a week which is noticeable due to me being slightly flatter due to the lack of carbs but i have increased in dryness and have less water retention so a loss in muscle fullness has been traded for a gain in dryness which looked great this morning with the mirror check and from Tony's honest feedback.

Tony 11St 3.5 Lbs or 157.5 Lbs +4 Lbs from last week, the callipers indicated a gain of +0.67% body fat, a gain of +1.28 Lbs of fat and a decent gain of +2.72 Lbs lean body mass. Tony has transformed this week due to looking much fuller and harder than last week despite the caliper readings, leg development has improved in terms of quad, calf and hamstring mass along with condition and all of the upper body is fuller and he appears to be gaining more quality lean muscle mass which is very progressive and positive.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Leg workout was great, strength is still increasing even though this workout was performed in a 25-26 hour fasted state after my morning work shift. Both me and Tony are improving every week and i feel that due to the extra calories from low carbohydrate based protein snacks we have much better energy levels allowing for more productive workouts. I still did not push really heavy on leg press but was able to max out the machine for thigh adductors which was great, my calves are also very sore along with my hamstrings today from this workout which is new due to not suffering from muscle soreness on a regular basis.

[video=youtube;i6fhy0cQcOE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6fhy0cQcOE[/video]
Been away but caught up. Damn bro. Any plates left in the gym when doing leg presses?

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Been away but caught up. Damn bro. Any plates left in the gym when doing leg presses?
Thanks, i think i worked up to around 470KG or 1034lbs the max i have gone up to is 570KG or 1254lbs but i feel if i am going to push past 1254 lbs i will need to either wear knee sleeves or compressions bottoms because it causes knee soreness in my right knee.

Video is from January 19th This Year: 1254 lb leg press - the heaviest that i have used yet.

Last edited:
Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, i think i worked up to around 470KG or 1034lbs the max i have gone up to is 570KG or 1254lbs but i feel if i am going to push past 1254 lbs i will need to either wear knee sleeves or compressions bottoms because it causes knee soreness in my right knee.

Video is from January 19th This Year: 1254 lb leg press - the heaviest that i have used yet.

[video=youtube;JYvgxwtp58s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYvgxwtp58s[/video]
Holy F is right!

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - FOOD - ReFeed Day 85 - Sunday 24th March 2019

This was a video made for most of the food consumed for this high calorie day, i did not eat as much as last week due to the calorie count which is slightly lower. Me and Tony both consumed a mass of calories from a range of foods and did include some peanut butter again which increased the fat totals.

Totals Me: Kcal:14:805, Protein: 508.45g, Carbs: 1531.65, Fat: 705.8g

Tony Kcal: 10:136 ,Protein: 348.55g, Carbs: 1084.45g, Fat: 463.2g

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 222 - Sunday 24th & Monday 25th March 2019

Sundays and Mondays Leg Workouts, Quadriceps on Sunday and Hamstrings and Calves on Monday, i was very happy with my Sunday Quad workout due to being able to use more weight on my last set of front squats, i pushed an extra 11 lbs past my usual max for all of this current fat loss phase which is great progress, we also performed the workout in a 40+ hour fasted state, eat some food and then went back in the gym later in the afternoon to complete leg extensions and leg press, the calf workout went well along with hamstrings, i have had an annoying cold for the past 2 weeks which is not going away and may be forming into a chest infection, i have blocked ears from it and a lack of taste and smell which has made the past refeed day crap due to me not being able to properly enjoy the awesome food.

I hope it goes by Sunday in 3 days for me to properly enjoy some of the food we have planned to consume.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Chest 84 - Tuesday 26th March 2019

Tuesday's Chest Workout was good at the start due to the heavy dumbbells being quite easy for me to press, then towards the middle of the session my energy levels dropped and they were much harder for me to use and i lost 1 rep on my last 2 sets and was only able to achieve 9 reps instead of 10, other than this the workout still went well and we both were able to get a pretty decent pump.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back & Shoulders 75 - Wednesday 27th March 2019

Back & Shoulders Workout Week 3/3 was good, strength levels were high and i was able to push a little harder on plate loaded back rowing, i was also stronger on the smith machine shoulder press which is progressive, me and Tony decided to complete our calves and thigh adductor work in this workout due to having to cut down Fridays leg sessions due to work commitments.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Arms 39 - Thursday 28th March 2019

The Arms Workout went great, my strength was very good performing the workout in a fasted state as usual, i was able to use the heavier dumbbell for one arm behind the head tricep extensions and EZ barbell curls felt much easier, overall this was a great workout and me and Tony were both able to achieve a decent pump at the end of the workout, we both consumed around 2300-2400 calories this day though, all post workout from a mix of our beef meatball and broccoli based meal and a selection of low carbohydrate protein bars.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 223 - Friday 29th March 2019

Leg workout went well up the bigger gym, we did not perform any thigh adductor work or calves due to working them on the Wednesday prior to this workout with our back and shoulders, we had to cut the workout down due to Tony starting work shortly after this session, i also went straight from my work into this session in a fasted state and have not consumed any food today due to having around 2300-2400 calories yesterday and plan on breaking the fast after around 38-40 hours after tomorrow's back workout. Tomorrow is planned for a low day and i have set it for around 318 calories from our lean beef meatball and broccoli based meal.

This workout went very well despite us training fasted as usual and i went up heavier on leg press to 530 KG or 1166 Lbs for my last set of 10 reps which is good considering my PB is 570 KG, so my strength is coming back up, we also did not do the full ROM on the hack squats today due to knees feeling a little crunchy and sore, i feel that the quads were worked effectively with our range of motion and that this was a great progressive workout.

Vertical leg raises were added to the end of the workout for 3 sets of 20 reps which saves me from having to perform any ab work for tomorrows back session which will be Week 3/3 Back before we change around the exercises, Sundays Quad workout is back to Week 1/3 so we will revert back to hack squats and are both planning on eating prior to the session, i will still use 1 serving of my pre workout from 1Up Nutrition which seems to work well to improve my strength but nothing compared to Re1gn or the Original DMAA based Mesomorph which was awesome, DMHA pre workouts also work well with my body type to increase strength levels, if anyone can recommend a pre workout stronger than Re1gn or I AM SUPREME it would be great, for me to try a new supplement to aid with my Sunday Squat Sessions which are always the hardest for me to get through. I am based in the UK and can source Excelsior & CRZ OG as well as RIZE both made by Driven Sports if anyone has used them and rates them highly. I am just looking for something very potent - e.g. stronger than 5150 by 5% Nutrition which did not do much for me in terms of strength which i always seem to get from DMHA, DMAA and AMP Citrate based pre workouts which look as if they have all been taken of the market.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back 110 - Saturday 30th March 2019

Back Workout was completed in our home gym today, i felt very strong on dumbbell rowing and skipped the warm up today, i was also very strong with barbell rowing along with Tony due to him using my same weight but for 2 less reps, overall this was a great workout and somehow i find that we are both stronger when performing workouts after longer fasts, e.g. this was completed in a 45 hour fasted state which is quite a while to go without food, we have also only consumed around 318 calories today, 42 grams of protein, around 13 grams of carbs and i think around 10 grams of fat from our beef and broccoli based meal, this brings the total for Thursday, Yesterday and Today to around 900 calories which is lower than our usual 1200-1222 which we run on when consuming the protein and our beef based meal.

*I have been suffering from a cold, this is now the end of the second week with it and i have been coughing up green stuff with blood this morning, if this persists i will have to make an appointment to see a doctor and possibly need antibiotics if it has turned into a chest infection, my hearing and taste is still not 100% which is going to be annoying if it affects tomorrows high calorie day like it did last Sunday.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Sunday 31st March 2019 Weight Update For The Week - Week 3 Off Intense Cutting Phase

End of Week 13 /10 Cutting Phase or 3rd Week Off Intense Cutting Phase - 3 weeks over what we were aiming for but we have eaten a little more again this week, Friday 29th March was another complete fasting day and Saturday 30th March yesterday was a very low day where we consumed just over 300 calories in the whole day to make up for the increase in calories from the additional low carb protein snacks we both consumed on Wednesday 27th and Thursday 28th March. ("1132" calories up in the whole week which is not much compared to our usual intake)

Paul (ME) 13 St 12.5 Lbs or 194.5 Lbs +2 Lbs up from last week (I gained 2 Lbs this week and appear to bigger and harder despite being carb depleted, my abs look flat due to this.), the callipers measurements indicated a loss of -0.08% body fat -0.07 Lbs fat lost in a week, my lean body mass has increased by +2.07 Lbs in a week which is noticeable due to me gaining mass on my legs, chest, shoulders and back which have all improved this week and look more striated in comparison to last week.

Tony 10St 12.5 Lbs or 152.5 Lbs -5 Lbs down from last week, the callipers indicated a loss of -0.37% body fat, a loss of -0.87 Lbs of fat and a another loss of -4.13 Lbs of lean body mass. Tony is looking drier this week, his midsection looks leaner but his legs, back and chest all appear to have gained size, his condition is still very good and all the muscle groups look striated. I attribute the loss in lean body mass to water retention from last week due to the improvement in his condition today.

*Overall this has been a progressive week where we have both made positive improvements in terms of our body composition. We will be having another very high carbohydrate refeed today due to us being quite depleted to boost our energy levels, mood and strength to improve the quality of our next 3 workouts, i feel that the high calories aid with the quad workout along with tomorrows hamstring and calf workout and the chest workout on Tuesday.

Here is the video for the high calorie refeed performed on this day:

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 224 - Sunday 31st March & Monday 1st April 2019

Sundays Quad Workout & Mondays Hamstring and Calf Workouts both went very well, my strength was still good for the front squats and i used decent weight for leg extensions and performed around 6-7 sets vs my normal 4-5 due to completing them later in the afternoon. Deadlifts were good on the smith machine but the machine is not counterbalanced as it should be - the cables are missing to reduce the weight so it feels heavier than the normal Olympic bars, i feel it could be upto 30KG due to the very long weight sleeves and the hooks and other metal pieces attached to the bar which all add to the weight of it which is great because it increases the resistance. Seated Calves went well and me and Tony completed Donkey Calf Raises with both legs and then one alternating to increase the intensity, seated leg curls were performed quite light to feel the muscle more.

Both of these workouts went very well and we are making decent progress in gaining more muscle mass and strength, we plan on keeping the high carb, high calorie days for another 2 weeks after this week and then performing another 4 week to 30 day mini cut to lean up a little more for the summer.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Chest 85 - Tuesday 2nd April 2019

The chest workout went great, strength was up which allowed for me to bench press 3 plates a side for 3 sets, 10,10 and 8 reps for the last set, we also changed the routine and added in decline flyes and dumbbell bench press which worked well due to my chest being sore the day after, overall progress is going good and we seem to be gaining more muscle mass.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back & Arms 70 - Wednesday 3rd April 2019

Back workout was good and our arms got a decent pump due to us eating some carbs prior to this workout due to it being an unplanned high calorie day, i noticed that our energy levels were much better due to having carbohydrates prior to this workout which made it much easier to complete and i feel contributed to a boost in overall strength. We both added in calves and adductor work due to having a time limit for today or Friday 5th Aprils leg workout which would have prevented us from including them.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Shoulders 40 - Thursday 4th April 2019

Shoulder workout was good, strength was ok but i did perform the workout in a fasted state, i feel that the carbs from the high calorie day on Wednesday 3rd April worked well to aid with the increase in muscle strength and also allowed for me to achieve a decent pump. This is back to Week 1/3 shoulders on thursdays which worked well and was more intense than when we tend to group our shoulders with back.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 225 - Friday 5th April 2019

The Leg workout went great due to us performing it in a fasted state, we went to gym straight after my gym work shift and due to Tony having to start work earlier we had to cut the routine down due to completing calves and thigh adductor work during the Wednesdays Back & Arms workout. Overall strength levels were decent and i was able to work back upto 6 plates per side on the squat machine which is not bad considering i have not performed the exercise for 3 weeks.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back 111 - Saturday 6th April 2019

The Back workout went very well considering this is day 2 straight for us fasting, the last time we both consumed any food was 6pm Thursday 4th April, so around 53 hours ago now, i was hungry earlier at 6 pm but it has eased off now, we both felt our energy levels dipping off during the end of the back workout but it did not really reduce our performance levels, we are both going to keep this fast going until probably 6-7 am tomorrow morning to take it upto the 60-61 hour mark of a straight fast which is the longest i have ever gone without food whereas Tony has been 3 days with no food which is a little longer but this was when he suffered from a stomach bug and could not keep any solid food down.

We will both be checking our weight and body fat levels tomorrow and i will update with the results in this forum.

Tomorrow is day 7 of my Amoxicillin at a dose of 1500 mgs per day taken in 500 mg capsules split in the morning, midday and pre bed, it has been working well and cleared up my chest infection and allowed for me to regain my taste and sense of smell.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Sunday 7th April 2019 Weight Update For The Week - Week 4 Off Intense Cutting Phase

End of Week 14 /10 Cutting Phase or 4th Week Off Intense Cutting Phase - 4 weeks over what we were aiming for but we have eaten a little more again this week, Wednesday 3rd April was a very high calorie day so me and Tony fasted for all of Thursday and Friday - we are still fasted as i am typing this for around 62.5 hours straight through.

Paul (ME) 13 St 12.5 Lbs or 194.5 Lbs no change in weight this week, my abs look tighter but also flat due to this.), the callipers measurements indicated a gain of +0.11% body fat +0.2 Lbs fat gained in a week, my lean body mass has gone down by -0.2 Lbs in a week which is not really noticeable because i have gained mass on my legs, chest, shoulders and back which have all improved this week and look more striated in comparison to last week.

Tony 11St 0.5 Lbs or 154.5 Lbs +2 Lbs up from last week, the callipers indicated a gain of +0.06% body fat, a gain of +0.2 Lbs of fat and an increase of +1.8 Lbs of lean body mass. Tony is looking better this week, his abs looks leaner and his legs, back and chest all appear to have gained more size, his condition is still on point and all the muscle groups still look striated. I attribute the gain in lean body mass due to the higher calories

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 226 - Sunday 7th & Monday 8th April 2019

The legs workouts went well, quads on Sunday and hamstrings and calves on Monday, strength was quite good but still a little lower than last week due to performing the workout after fasting for around 62 hours which we were unable to do this week. I feel strength will increase for the next few weeks due to Me and Tony eating more calories from high protein based foods before we go into another 30 day mini cutting phase in the next 3-4 weeks for the summer.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Chest 86 - Tuesday 9th April 2019

Chest workout went well, strength was quite decent but i failed after 8 reps on flat bench press with 3 plates per side vs my normal 10, i also went a little lighter on decline flyes due to my left shoulder feeling a little off. Overall still a pretty decent progressive workout but not as great as last weeks.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul Workout Back & Arms 71 - Wednesday 10th April 2019

Back and arms workout was a little off this week for Tony due to him suffering from the Flu, he was unable to complete the full workout and has been reducing his working sets down to 3 from 4 for all major exercises, his strength has taken a hit but he is still making it to all of the workout sessions and training as hard as possible.