Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sundays quad workout and mondays hamstring and calf workouts went great, i was able to get my last 10th rep back on my final set of front squats so strength was up slightly from last week, i was also able to use more weight on my last set of deadlifts for 10 reps which i am happy with, overall progress has been going great, me and Tony are both dropping body fat every week and maintaining our strength.

[video=youtube;hYwXIztxmnQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYwXIztxmnQ[/video]
who's calves are those? you or your bro's ?

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Arms 35 - Thursday 7th February 2019

Arms workout was great today, strength seems up from last weeks session and i was able to get a decent pump which is a little odd considering i am running on very low carbohydrates and the last carb up day was 4 days ago. I performed a tri set with Tony for skull crushers, single arms bicep curls and single arm tricep extensions to speed up the workout.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 209 Friday 8th February 2019

Leg workout went well, strength was great and still able to use a decent amount of weight with leg press and go heavier than normal on hack squats, weather was not a cold but it was raining most of the day which made all of the discs and equipment in the gym wet due to the humid environment. Me and Tony will be keeping weights as heavy as possible whilst still hitting around 10 reps for most sets to maintain lean muscle mass whilst burning through fat.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back 103 - Saturday 9th February 2019

The back workout went good, strength was still there but energy levels feeling a little lower than normal today, i feel i have lost more weight this week due to pull ups being so easy, i normally manage 10 reps but was able to get 15 for my last set which is an improvement, but all of the other exercises felt heavier, i cannot wait until after tomorrow's weight check and fasted quad workout so i can eat some more carbs to feel better for my work later in the afternoon. (I feel mood tends to drop when dieting on very low calories along with patience)

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Sunday 10th February 2019 Weight Update For The Week / End Week 6 Cutting Phase

End of week 6/10 planned cutting phase.

Paul (ME) 13st 7.25 or 189.25 lbs -7 lbs from last week (I lost 7 lbs or half a stone this week and appear to be allot more cut up from last week so progress is going great), the calipers indicated a loss of -0.14% body fat 0.54 lb lost in one week - lean body mass is down -6.47 lbs in one week which i feel is from water weight due to my body's condition looking way better - the protein is still where it needs to be to preserve lean muscle mass, my weight dropped more this week due to the way my body updates every second week for fat loss. (protein intake will stay the same for all of next week and probably til the end of the cutting phase)

Tony 10st 13.75 or 153.75 lbs down -1.5 lbs from last week, calipers indicated a loss of -0.38% body fat, loss of -0.68 lbs of fat and a loss of -0.82 lbs lean body mass. We both kept our calories from protein the same to preserve our lean muscle mass which is important to allow for more desirable changes to be made in terms of overall body composition. (The caliper tests were more accurate this week which is the second week that me and Tony both seem to show the fat loss, our bodies work in a similar way where one week can show a gain in fat and then the second a loss so we are now used to the slight delay in updates. (Tony has dropped more fat due to looking leaner all over, abs, serratus and quads are showing much more detailed and he seems to be bigger all over, mass has been gained in his arms, back, shoulders, chest and legs and abdominal muscles look blockier and not as shallow as last year - he is getting stronger on most main lifts and i feel recomping due to being 20 years old and having naturally high testosterone levels, i feel he responds great to the high protein intake which is the main reason he is recomping which is awesome because he is going to end up a lot bigger and leaner than last year - his calves are also improving in size and shape. ( I also seem to look fuller and bigger despite being the lowest weight of my cut so far - we are both having a high calorie carb up today due to the awesome progress we have made and i am sure it will fill up our muscles which have been a little flat for the past few days along with a major decrease in vascularity.)

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 210 - Sunday 10th & Monday 11th February 2019

Sunday's Quad and Mondays Hamstring and Calf Workouts went well, i did feel a little less energy on front squats but still managed to get 10 reps for all of my 3 working sets after 3 warm-up sets we also increased the weight on hack squats and leg extensions so this was quite a productive workout, after the morning workout we also performed more leg extensions as well as some bicep curls, tricep push downs and pullups in the gym i work at, i also performed 1 extra set of leg press which left my legs feeling sore yesterday and today. I was able to go heavier on deadlifts on Monday due to the mass intake of carbs and calories on Sunday and the Calf workout went well. We used a newer machine - custom built by our old man which worked well until the weld for the knee pad arm popped off when Tony was using it, so we only has one workout out of it, I have now ordered another seated calf machine for my gym which should be here tomorrow and will be seen in legs 212 which will be in my gym again this coming Sunday.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Chest 78 - Tuesday 12th February 2019

The chest workout went well, my energy levels seemed to be a little lower which made it hard for me to hit 10 reps for heavy flat dumbbell bench press so i was failing on 10 and getting a decent 9 reps, other than this the workout went very well and i seem to be holding my muscle mass through this cutting phase, we are now into the middle of Week 7/10 so overall strength levels are decent.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back & Shoulders 72 - Wednesday 13th February 2019

A slight error was made with the numbering of the workouts being mixed up with just shoulder workouts on their own but has now been changed, so this is the 72nd recorded workout for back and shoulders as the update. Overall this was a decent workout, my energy levels have been feeling a little lower but strength is maintaining and body fat keeps getting lower, Tony's energy and strength levels were awesome though and he is getting even stronger from workout to workout.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Arms 36 - Thursday 14th February 2019

The arms workout went well - my strength is maintaining whilst Tony's is increasing, i have noticed a difference in vascularity but muscles are flat due to the lack of carbs so getting a pump is next to impossible at this stage, fat loss progress is on point and we will both keep pushing in our workouts to lift as much as possible whilst hitting a decent rep range of 8-12 to hold onto hard earned lean muscle mass whilst reducing levels of body fat.

The evening after this workout was quite hard and i felt lethargic and sluggish which makes it hard just to walk and go up and down stairs.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 211 Friday 15th February 2019

Leg session up the bigger gym went well, me and Tony had a progressive workout and trained with a friend which i feel aids with the motivation and allows for all of us to push harder, i was able to work upto 520 KG for my last set of leg press for 20 reps which is decent so my strength and endurance is still there i just have this annoying lethargic feeling which i feel is due to the low amounts of food and due to it now being almost the end of Week 7/10 of our cutting phase, it was great that Tony was able to go upto 450 KG for 10 reps on his last set of leg press, setting a new PB, so his strength is increasing dramatically which is very progressive - again i feel that he is recomping ending up bigger and more lean.

Last edited:
Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally I feel horrible when I'm on a low carb diet. The lethargy is almost unbearable.
At my age I just can't do it anymore. effects my my strength too much. Plus at my stage in life I have to be on my game at work and I'm not competing for anything. Lifting is pretty much an addiction and stress relief for me and when I don't have energy it kills my workouts and pisses me off.

You and your Bro are killing it. looks like you just have 3 weeks left of your cut. YOU CAN DO IT!

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Personally I feel horrible when I'm on a low carb diet. The lethargy is almost unbearable.
At my age I just can't do it anymore. effects my my strength too much. Plus at my stage in life I have to be on my game at work and I'm not competing for anything. Lifting is pretty much an addiction and stress relief for me and when I don't have energy it kills my workouts and pisses me off.

You and your Bro are killing it. looks like you just have 3 weeks left of your cut. YOU CAN DO IT!
Thank You, i always find that towards the end of any cutting phase energy levels tend to suffer so you just have to power through the workouts, we were originally planning the high carb days for sundays end of weeks 3/5/7/8,9 and 10, but as it has been going they have been carried out Sundays end of weeks 3,4,5 and 6 and we plan to have another this sunday end of week 7, they do not seem to be slowing down or having a negative impact on our fat loss and i feel give us something to look forward to at the end of every week, i have been working every Sunday for all of these refeeds which does limit my eating window and i feel allow for me to burn off more calories rather than just being stuck at home for the whole day. From the start of the cut i have dropped from 215 lbs or 15st 5 lbs to 189.25 lbs or 13st 7.25 lbs "A loss of 25.75 lbs in 6 weeks which is quite a loss" - Averaging 4.29 lbs per week. (Tony has dropped from 165.75 lbs or 11st 11.75 lbs to 153.75 lbs or 10st 13.75 lbs which is a loss of 12 lbs which again is quite decent for 6 weeks meaning he has averaged 2 lbs loss per week.)

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank You, i always find that towards the end of any cutting phase energy levels tend to suffer so you just have to power through the workouts, we were originally planning the high carb days for sundays end of weeks 3/5/7/8,9 and 10, but as it has been going they have been carried out Sundays end of weeks 3,4,5 and 6 and we plan to have another this sunday end of week 7, they do not seem to be slowing down or having a negative impact on our fat loss and i feel give us something to look forward to at the end of every week, i have been working every Sunday for all of these refeeds which does limit my eating window and i feel allow for me to burn off more calories rather than just being stuck at home for the whole day. From the start of the cut i have dropped from 215 lbs or 15st 5 lbs to 189.25 lbs or 13st 7.25 lbs "A loss of 25.75 lbs in 6 weeks which is quite a loss" - Averaging 4.29 lbs per week. (Tony has dropped from 165.75 lbs or 11st 11.75 lbs to 153.75 lbs or 10st 13.75 lbs which is a loss of 12 lbs which again is quite decent for 6 weeks meaning he has averaged 2 lbs loss per week.)
"Averaging 4.29 lbs per week" is a lot for someone that is a lean as you are!
Bro you must be shredded!

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
"Averaging 4.29 lbs per week" is a lot for someone that is a lean as you are!
Bro you must be shredded!
Thank You, i have leaned up quite a lot since beginning of January, problem is now feet are starting to become painful when walking along with glutes when sitting down on uncushioned chairs, i feel this maybe why my energy levels are suffering as well, i have found that the worse you tend to feel the better you look.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back 104 - Saturday 16th February 2019

The back workout went well, my energy levels were still on the low side but i was able work my way upto 270 lbs + the bar for my last set of V grip corner rows and also set a new PB for wide grip barbell rowing for my last set which came to around 300 lbs for 10 reps, i was able to use 220 lbs for all of my sets for low rows and even go upto 240 lbs for reverse grip pulldowns whilst still keeping 10 reps as a minimum, the max i hit was 12 reps for one of my sets for low rows on the cable. Overall this was a decent progressive workout and despite feeling very lethargic i performed well, Tony is also getting much stronger and keeping up with me which is great. We also trained with a friend again which helps us to push more and have more productive workouts.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Sunday 17th February 2019 Weight Update For The Week / End Week 7 Cutting Phase

End of week 7/10 planned cutting phase.

Paul (ME) 13st 8.25 or 190.25 lbs +1 lbs from last week (I gained 1 lbs this week and appear to be more cut up from last week so progress is going well), the calipers indicated a gain of +0.09% body fat 0.2 lb gained in one week - lean body mass is up +0.8 lbs in one week which i feel is from lean muscle due to my body's condition looking drier and more defined - the protein is still where it needs to be to hold onto lean muscle mass, my weight went up this week due to the way my body updates every second week for fat loss, i did lose 7 lbs last week which was a massive jump. (protein intake will stay the same for all of next week and probably til the end of the cutting phase)

Tony 10st 13.75 or 153.75 lbs - no change from last week, the calipers indicated a loss of -0.08% body fat, loss of -0.13 lbs of fat and a gain of +0.13 lbs lean body mass. Me and Tony have both kept our calories from food the same along with protein to preserve our lean muscle mass which is important to allow for more favourable changes to be made in terms of overall body composition. (The caliper tests were accurate this week. (Tony has dropped more fat due to looking even leaner all over than last week, his abs, back, delts, arms, calves and quads are showing much more detailed and once again he seems to be bigger all over, muscle mass has been gained in his shoulders, chest, back and legs and he is getting even stronger on all the main lifts and is recomping nicely, he is responding really well to the high protein intakes which is great because he keeps getting a lot bigger and leaner from week to week - his calves, hamstrings and quads are also further improving in size and condition. (I seem to look really flat but my muscles are still well conditioned. Me and Tony are both having another high calorie carb up today due to the decent progress we have made so far with this cut and i am sure it will fill up my muscles which are really flat and have been for the past few workouts, my vascularity has been great though despite the lack of a pump.) "Tony has been getting stronger on leg press and his quads are fuller and more ripped which is great, he also commented on my quads stating that they are holding or even gaining mass and shreds which is very progressive.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 212 Sunday 17th & Monday 18th February 2019

The leg workouts in our gym went well, Sunday was quads which involved a mix of front squats, hack squats and leg extensions and today was hamstrings and calves so we performed smith machine deadlifts, leg curls, seated calf raises on our new machine and donkey calf raises. My energy levels were down a little prior to the start of my squat workout yesterday which was performed in a fasted state after being very low on carbs and calories all week, high carbs are always consumed after this workout if it is a refeed which yesterday was. I lost 1 rep on my second working set of front squats getting 9 vs my usual 10 reps, Tony assisted my last 5 reps on my final set of front squats allowing for me to get 12 reps which i feel made up for the lost rep on the set prior. Leg extensions were easier but the hack squats did feel harder so i adjusted the footplate lower which takes pressure of the knees and puts it more in the quads.

*Me and Tony did eat a large amount of calories yesterday and we were able to record all of the food for a new video, due to the high calories and carbs we performed a PM workout training Biceps and Triceps which went well.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - FOOD - ReFeed Day 80 - Sunday 17th February 2019

There has not been many of these posted for a while due to all of my high calorie refeed days being performed on days when i am at work in the other gym which has not prevented me from eating but has prevented us from setting up the filming of all of the food but this was a day off for me so we decided to make one.

Calories for Me : 13812 Kcal, Protein = 651g, Carbs = 1573g, Fat = 531g

Calories for Tony :9109 Kcal, Protein = 341g, Carbs = 1108g, Fat = 343g

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Chest 79 - Tuesday 19th February 2019

The Chest Workout went well, my endurance seems a little down due to only being able to complete 9 reps for 2 of my working sets for dumbbell bench press then a 3rd set of 8 reps and last for 12 with Tony aiding with supporting my elbows, decline barbell bench press was also a little harder due to this being Week 1/3 of the training phase for chest so exercises get switched up. Overall though it went well and we both had a decent workout, my body seems to be hardening up more and joints feel a little odd and more crunchy when performing certain movements like cable crossovers and dumbbell flyes.

Last edited:
Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The leg workouts in our gym went well, Sunday was quads which involved a mix of front squats, hack squats and leg extensions and today was hamstrings and calves so we performed smith machine deadlifts, leg curls, seated calf raises on our new machine and donkey calf raises. My energy levels were down a little prior to the start of my squat workout yesterday which was performed in a fasted state after being very low on carbs and calories all week, high carbs are always consumed after this workout if it is a refeed which yesterday was. I lost 1 rep on my second working set of front squats getting 9 vs my usual 10 reps, Tony assisted my last 5 reps on my final set of front squats allowing for me to get 12 reps which i feel made up for the lost rep on the set prior. Leg extensions were easier but the hack squats did feel harder so i adjusted the footplate lower which takes pressure of the knees and puts it more in the quads.

*Me and Tony did eat a large amount of calories yesterday and we were able to record all of the food for a new video, due to the high calories and carbs we performed a PM workout training Biceps and Triceps which went well.

[video=youtube;wMGovofdxhw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMGovofdxhw[/video]
Nice leg work! and enjoyed Steve Miller Band!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There has not been many of these posted for a while due to all of my high calorie refeed days being performed on days when i am at work in the other gym which has not prevented me from eating but has prevented us from setting up the filming of all of the food but this was a day off for me so we decided to make one.

Calories for Me : 13812 Kcal, Protein = 651g, Carbs = 1573g, Fat = 531g

Calories for Tony :9109 Kcal, Protein = 341g, Carbs = 1108g, Fat = 343g

[video=youtube;7aOxY68ZXrU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aOxY68ZXrU[/video]
Now that's what I call a refeed!

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back & Arms 67 - Wednesday 20th February 2019

Back and Arms Week 1/3 - new workout switched over from back and shoulders last week, strength levels were good for me and Tony, i did feel slightly lethargic again but managed to get through the workout quite easily, we used different machines and performed hammer strength pull downs instead of pull ups, we also used the tricep extension machine over the dip machine for arms so this is a completely different workout from the weeks prior.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Shoulder 37 - Thursday 21st February 2019

This Shoulder Workout went well, strength is still decent but joints felt a little sore today on my first 2 sets of shoulder press but this eased off as i warmed up, Tony's strength was also great for this workout and he was able to use decent weights for all exercises and even increase the weight for a few different forms of lateral raises.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 213 - Friday 22nd February 2019

The Leg Workout went well today, our strength was decent even though me and Tony both performed the workout in a 24-26 hour fasted state, i did use 2 scoops of ANS Diablo II which worked well as a pre workout, my knees did feel a little sore with my first few sets of leg extensions and with machine leverage squats but this soon eased off towards the middle of the workout and i was happy to keep lifting my usual heavy weights, Tony's strength was also great and he was able to keep up with me on both machine squats and leg press so his strength is still increasing.

[

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back 105 - Saturday 23rd February 2019

The Back Workout went very well, it was completed in our gym even though it was planned for the bigger gym but it was still easy enough, i used 2 scoops of ANS Diablo II again which worked well to provide a boost in my energy levels after another morning shift in the gym standing on my feet for around 6 hours straight, i was able to use my heavier dumbbells for single arm rowing and also use decent weights for all other movements, pull ups did feel a little harder than last week so i do not know if i have gained weight this week or if i was just tired from super setting the pulldowns with the smith machine rows and low cable rows with the pull-ups. Tony was also strong today and was able to use my dumbbells for single arm rows which was great, he also used the same weights for all the other exercises which is awesome due to him being able to match me for strength on these movements.

Tomorrow i will be starting work in the gym again at 7:45am and finishing at around 3pm so will be getting up very early to take my weight and then perform the caliper tests, mirror checks, update this forum either in the morning or when i get back after work depending on how much time i have, i also plan on performing a high carb day tomorrow with Tony so will get some carbs in before i start work and even take some of my high carb protein snacks and foods to work with me to eat when i get a chance, then because i am finishing earlier than my normal 8pm i will have more time to eat when i get back, also i will be going straight in the gym tomorrow after work to perform the next leg - quad workout Week 1/3 which will include the regular front squats with smith machine back squats and either leg press or hack squats depending on if Tony feels like loading the plates on the machine - we could even perform 1 leg - leg press to save time putting as much weight on the machine.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Sunday 24th February 2019 Weight Update For The Week / End Week 8 Cutting Phase

End of Week 8/10 Planned Cutting Phase.

Paul (ME) 13St 5.25Lbs or 187.25 Lbs -3 Lbs from last week (I lost 3 Lbs this week and appear to be much drier and harder in comparison to last week so the progress is going great), the callipers indicated a loss of -0.37% body fat 0.81 Lbs lost in one week - lean body mass is down -2.19 Lbs in one week which i feel is from water due to my body's condition looking leaner and more defined, the protein is still where it needs to be to maintain lean muscle mass, my weight went down this week due to the way my body seems to update every second week for fat loss, i did gain 1 Lbs last week which was due to the 7 Lb loss the week prior which was dramatic for 1 week and the 3 Lbs loss this week is also quite a lot considering i am 8 full weeks into the cut, only 2 more weeks to go now before we decide to maintain for a while or even add a few more weeks to the cutting phase if we desire to become even leaner.

Tony 10St 12Lbs or 152 Lbs -1.75 Lbs from last week, the callipers indicated a loss of -0.46% body fat, loss of -0.81 Lbs of fat and a loss of -0.94 Lbs lean body mass. Me and Tony have both kept our calories from food the same along with protein to preserve our lean muscle mass which is important to allow for more favourable changes to be made in terms of overall body composition. (I feel that the calliper tests were more accurate this week. (Tony has dropped more fat due to looking even leaner all over than last week, his abs, back, delts, arms, calves and quads are showing much more defined and once again he is bigger all over, lean muscle mass has been gained in his chest, back, arms and legs and he is holding strength and even getting stronger on most of the main lifts and is recomping well, he is responding great to the high protein intake in comparison to last year's cut which is great because he keeps getting noticeably bigger and leaner from week to week, his, calves, arms, chest, back and quads are also still improving in size and condition.
*We are on point for fat loss progress so no changes will be made in terms of increasing or decreasing our protein or caloric intakes, we have talked about maybe removing the end of Week 9 Reefed Next Sunday to get even leaner for the last 10th Week but we are still yet to decide.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - FOOD - ReFeed Day 81 - Sunday 24th February 2019

I was in work for a the beginning of this high calorie day but finished early so we still managed to film most of it, this was quite an insane calore day due to the totals listed below which i am even surprised with.

Calories for Me : 16695 Kcal, Protein = 629g, Carbs = 1750g, Fat = 763g

Calories for Tony :10800 Kcal, Protein = 277g, Carbs = 1319g, Fat = 471g

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 214 Sunday 24th & Monday 25th February 2019

The leg workouts went ok, my front squats were very hard yesterday even after eating carbs and performing the workout later in the day, i also found the smith machine squats a little harder but they still worked well. the leg press was great though along with Mondays hamstring and calf workout which was much easier, i feel that maybe because my weight has dropped to its lowest point this year so far using the same weight as when i was much heavier is more difficult to balance.

Last edited:
Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was in work for a the beginning of this high calorie day but finished early so we still managed to film most of it, this was quite an insane calore day due to the totals listed below which i am even surprised with.

Calories for Me : 16695 Kcal, Protein = 629g, Carbs = 1750g, Fat = 763g

Calories for Tony :10800 Kcal, Protein = 277g, Carbs = 1319g, Fat = 471g

[video=youtube;4e9z8ILYcb4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e9z8ILYcb4[/video]
Now that is a food pounding!

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Chest 80 - Tuesday 26th February 2019

Chest Workout went really well, strength seems to still be there but endurance is suffering taking 1-2 reps of my end sets and 2-3 of my heaviest sets for decline bar bench press, other than this everything else has been going well and my condition is improving along with Tony's so great progress is being made, only around 1 week and 1-2 days left or 8-9 days until we hit the end of the 10 week mark for this dieting phase, i am happy with our progress this year and we are yet to decide if we are going to keep the cutting phase going for another few weeks.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back & Arms 68 - Wednesday 27th February 2019

The Back & Arms Workout was awesome due to my strength levels being back on the increase allowing for me to keep pushing throughout the workout, this is the middle of Week 9/10 of our planned dieting phase so we decided to train in stringer vests to show more of an overall change in our physiques. I feel major improvements have been made for both of us in terms of muscle gain and fat loss and really enjoyed this workout despite being flat as a pancake due to the lack of carbs.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Shoulders 38 - Thursday 28th February 2019

Shoulder workout went very well today, again both of us were strong and had decent energy levels to get through the workout which was performed in the usual fasted state but this time at a later time of the day due to me having a morning work shift, Tony did feel a little more lethargic because of the longer fasting period of around 24-25 hours but still performed a great workout and was able to keep up with me which has been great, we both remained covered up for this workout due to it being quite cold today in comparison to the Back and Arms workout we performed the day prior to this. Only tomorrow and Saturday and we can have another high calorie carbohydrate based day which i am looking forward to due to being much hungrier this week and having intense cravings for food which i have been resisting.

Last edited:
BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The exercise lying on flat bench with 1 db, brought back to face and pushed forward in your video. What's that called and what's it for? Thanks

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The exercise lying on flat bench with 1 db, brought back to face and pushed forward in your video. What's that called and what's it for? Thanks
BOSSMAN
Called a Dumbbell pullover. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8l6ykgnmPM
there are better examples out there.
When Tony and Paul do them they don't do a full stretch hits the chest more. {per Paul) I already asked.
Try it full ROM and you will feel it in the frontal lats.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Shoulder workout went very well today, again both of us were strong and had decent energy levels to get through the workout which was performed in the usual fasted state but this time at a later time of the day due to me having a morning work shift, Tony did feel a little more lethargic because of the longer fasting period of around 24-25 hours but still performed a great workout and was able to keep up with me which has been great, we both remained covered up for this workout due to it being quite cold today in comparison to the Back and Arms workout we performed the day prior to this. Only tomorrow and Saturday and we can have another high calorie carbohydrate based day which i am looking forward to due to being much hungrier this week and having intense cravings for food which i have been resisting.
Vid Added:

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 215 - Friday 1st March 2019

Leg Session went well, my strength was great allowing for me to have a decent workout, same for Tony he was feeling strong and using very heavy weights on the machine squat and also full stacking the leg extension machine and also keeping up with me on lying leg curls, i was also strong with seated calves and able to increase my reps from 10-11 to upto 20 for 2 of my working sets which was a massive increase in strength, overall they were the only muscle group that i felt was much stronger with this session, energy levels are slightly down and just walking around was hard on this day.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Back 106 Saturday 2nd March 2019

Workout went well for back today and was completed up the bigger gym after my morning work shift, i went straight from work in a fasted state to the gym and completed the back session with Tony, today i think the fasting window was pushed to 25 or even 26 hours which is a little longer than normal, i was not hungry all day though due to using 1Up Nutrition Pro Ripped Max & 2 Scoops of ANS Diablo II which aided with energy levels and appetite suppression. We had to really rush this workout due to Tony having to work after it but it was still great and we enjoyed it and both had great strength levels.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Sunday 3rd March 2019 Weight Update For The Week / End Week 9 Cutting Phase

End of Week 9 /10 Planned Cutting Phase.

Paul (ME) 13St 10.5Lbs or 192.5 Lbs +5.25 Lbs from last week (I gained over 5 Lbs this week and appear to be drier and harder in comparison to last week so the progress is still going great), the callipers indicated a loss of -0.03% body fat 0.13 Lbs gained in one week - lean body mass is up +5.12 Lbs in one week which is great because my back looks much bigger along with my abs looking leaner so i have improved quite a lot this week.

Tony 10St 13.5Lbs or 153.5 Lbs +1.5 Lbs from last week, the callipers indicated a gain of +0.03% body fat, a gain of +0.13 Lbs of fat and a gain of +1.37 Lbs lean body mass. Tony has improved this week due to his abs looking leaner along with quads, his back has improved in condition and he appears to be bigger overall, the progress is going awesome with this fat loss phase and we will keep things the same because it is working well, the protein intake and calories are sufficient to allow for us to both maintain or even gain muscle whilst reducing levels of body fat.

*We are improving every week, in both size and condition and do not appear to be losing any lean muscle mass, so we will be having another high calorie day today. :)

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Legs 216 - Sunday 3rd and Monday 4th March 2019

Sundays and Mondays Leg workouts went well, quads hit on sunday as usual and then hamstrings and calves on monday, strength levels were better for the quad workout compared to last week but still lower than the start of the cutting phase making the weight feel heavier on front squats, the leg press and leg extensions were both quite easy for us both though and we had a great calf and hamstring workout, i was even able to go upto 130 kg for my last set of seated calf raises for 12 reps which is around 25kg past my max - our machine is much nicer to use than the other one and smoother so i feel allows for us to load it up heavier. (This is supposed to be the end week of the fat loss phase 10/10 but we may keep it going just not being as low on the other days e.g. we are both at around 1200-1250 calories Mon-Sat with the exception of the high day on Sunday and almost all of those calories are coming from the 240-250 grams of protein we consume.

I will be looking to get a new stimulant based thermogenic fat burning supplement in a couple of weeks when my 1Up Pro Ripped Max runs out along with ANS Diablo II, i am also running low on Olympus Labs Alpha Y - and need to order more but do not know where is best for shipping to the UK due to it being a banned ingredient over here and something i feel is great to aid with my fat loss progress.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - Workout - Chest 81 - Tuesday 5th March 2019

Chest workout went very well my strength is coming back up which i am happy with, i was able to get back up to 8 reps with 3 plates aside on my 3rd set of decline barbell bench press which is an improvement compared to last weeks 6 reps, this is normally one of the hardest weeks to get through but overall has been decent with the leg workouts which were tough but still manageable, i did not seem to be able to get a decent pump and was nowhere near as vascular as i was on Sunday when eating the higher carbs and yesterday morning, the carbs do not seem to stay in my system for long time periods, also the very high calorie day on Sunday was 4-5k calories lower than the one prior and i went to sleep early at around 10:00 pm vs 1-2am due to feeling quite ill, also my appetite was reduced - i feel it maybe down to only getting 1-2 hours sleep the saturday night prior.

Tomorrow is the Back and Arms workout which should go great.

"We may be extending the cut for another few weeks until we feel we are happy with how low on body fat we are, it is better this way because i feel it can be harder to always set a strict time frame for body fat loss and being more free and allowing for the extension of the phase can allow for more progress to be made.

Last edited:
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
This is a shot from Back & Arms 68 Last Wednesday 27th February around 1 week ago which i felt was quite good.

th_IMG_2544.JPG

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Studhorse Thank You "i feel that the progress of this fat loss phase has been going quite well"

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Tony & Paul - FOOD - ReFeed Day 82 - Sunday 3rd March 2019

This was last Sunday's high calorie refeed based day, i did not consume as many calories as normal due to feeling quite ill probably due to the 1 hour of sleep the saturday night prior which caused for me to cut the eating short at 10:00pm.

Totals for me: 12:365 Kcal, 449g Protein, 1330g Carbs, 557g Fat * High due to consuming flavoured peanut butter, dark cacao almond butter and raw cocoa hazelnut butters.

Tony's Totals: 9154 Kcal, 312g Protein, 946g Carbs, 433g Fat.

Last edited: