Tongkat Ali LJ100

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone tried the 100:1 LongJack powder is from the bulk place that also sells HMB and other bulk powders? They have good reviews on Amazon and supposedly theirs is 2% Eurycomanone, but no COA is posted though.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Admittedly, I am a noob, but I always thought that lighter color was not a good sign for TA (which is the case for Tonvara). Personally, I tried a darker one (with license and some certificate of eBay - spirit scents) and I got more from it than Tonvara. Nothing to back it up though, only personal feeling.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Admittedly, I am a noob, but I always thought that lighter color was not a good sign for TA (which is the case for Tonvara). Personally, I tried a darker one (with license and some certificate of eBay - spirit scents) and I got more from it than Tonvara. Nothing to back it up though, only personal feeling.
a 200:1 extract that cheap? i feel like tonvara is bunk the pricing and site are off. Just personal opinion im not repping any source or anything

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
a 200:1 extract that cheap? i feel like tonvara is bunk the pricing and site are off. Just personal opinion im not repping any source or anything
I don't know. The supplier is Nomor Depkes licensed and he showed it to me. But there is no way to know whether it is legit or not without doing a labtest on my own. I bought also some 90% Forskolin from the same eBay seller and it appears to be working in comparison to what I have used in the past.

I tried Tonvara for Turkesterone and TA. As I already said, I've always thought that it should be dark brown to be legit. And as far as Turkesterone is concerned, I got similar or even better results (again personal feeling) by superdosing Myproteins Beta Ecdysterone from a low level source like CV (very often at - 50%, so dirt cheap). As I read a lot of things about Tonvara here, I was only wondering why their stuff is light brown? But maybe I am simply not well enough informed. I am not exactly an expert either on this topic

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
I don't know. The supplier is Nomor Depkes licensed and he showed it to me. But there is no way to know whether it is legit or not without doing a labtest on my own. I bought also some 90% Forskolin from the same eBay seller and it appears to be working in comparison to what I have used in the past.

I tried Tonvara for Turkesterone and TA. As I already said, I've always thought that it should be dark brown to be legit. And as far as Turkesterone is concerned, I got similar or even better results (again personal feeling) by superdosing Myproteins Beta Ecdysterone from a low level source like CV (very often at - 50%, so dirt cheap). As I read a lot of things about Tonvara here, I was only wondering why their stuff is light brown? But maybe I am simply not well enough information. I am not exactly an expert
Actual I believe thats a myth, it's all dependent on the extraction method used.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards

I tried Tonvara for Turkesterone and TA. As I already said, I've always thought that it should be dark brown to be legit. And as far as Turkesterone is concerned, I got similar or even better results (again personal feeling) by superdosing Myproteins Beta Ecdysterone from a low level source like CV (very often at - 50%, so dirt cheap). As I read a lot of things about Tonvara here, I was only wondering why their stuff is light brown? But maybe I am simply not well enough informed. I am not exactly an expert either on this topic
My experience with Authentictongkatali.com has actually been really good, it's the number one recommended supplier out. Also 600mg per cap at 100 caps and a 200:1 extract so youre getting 60 grams. However it is $120 but i feel as though youre getting what you pay for, i started my cycle yesterday 3 caps a day so 1.8grams of 200:1 TKA per day and my vascularity in the gym today was INSANE. My arms felt extremely full (bi's/tri's day) and my libido went through THE ROOF. I saw my girlfriend yesterday and we had a movie night and got a stiffy just from her sitting on my lap. Waiting to see if my skin gets oily/more hair growth as those are my tell tales for TKA. Whatevers in there does have a benefit. Although the price is intimidating if you want the real deal i prefer not to skip. THIS IS MY PERSONAL UNBIASED OPINION. Not affiliated with anyone just spreading experience.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I never found Tongkat Ali to be "amazing". I tried Viron, LJ100 and others and while it did increase libido and a little bit of free test, it wasn't massively noticeable.

If Danes is recommending Tonvara as the best one, I would just go with that, hes the Tongkat King. But if you guys are after libido boost, I would say Yohimbine is far superior
LJ100 is a good extract but like with all compounds its dose dependent. Some would find LJ100 to be pretty effective with just 200mg while some people need higher doses. There are many reason/factors for that.
My friend who is police officer and 53 years old, he is on 600mg LJ100 and his energy, mood, libido +++ is very good..he is very impressed with LJ100. Before Lj100, he had low libido, energy ++.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Which dose of Tonvara Turk?
Uncle Danes will help you to get mild PH effect of Tonvara Ajuga Turkestanica Extract :)

Here is something i wrote before :
The color has nothing to do with the quality of TA (its myth that dark brown TA is a real 1:200 TA).
It all depends on extraction procedure.

"it is true that traditionally Indonesian tongkat ali manufacturers produce dark brown powders. The extraction method used usually takes many hours to complete, subjecting the tongkat ali to oxidative damage that makes the color darker.however, modern extraction methods can complete the process in much less time producing a more clear powder."

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Which dose of Tonvara Turk?
Uncle Danes will help you to get mild PH effect of Tonvara Ajuga Turkestanica Extract :)

Here is something i wrote before :
The color has nothing to do with the quality of TA (its myth that dark brown TA is a real 1:200 TA).
It all depends on extraction procedure.

"it is true that traditionally Indonesian tongkat ali manufacturers produce dark brown powders. The extraction method used usually takes many hours to complete, subjecting the tongkat ali to oxidative damage that makes the color darker.however, modern extraction methods can complete the process in much less time producing a more clear powder."
Ok, thanks for the info.

I took the indicated dose on their website. 4 tabs. The effects were decent, but not more (rather less) than 1,5g daily cheap Beta Ecdysterone of CV.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
LJ100 is a good extract but like with all compounds its dose dependent. Some would find LJ100 to be pretty effective with just 200mg while some people need higher doses. There are many reason/factors for that.
My friend who is police officer and 53 years old, he is on 600mg LJ100 and his energy, mood, libido +++ is very good..he is very impressed with LJ100. Before Lj100, he had low libido, energy ++.
Very well said.

Studies show that as little as 100mg has a profound effect on test, cortisol, libido, etc....BUT, studies also show great results on 200-300mg+ as well. It really all depends on where your test and cortisol levels currently sit, and how your body reacts to the compound.

Best way is to test out various dose protocols until you find the "sweet spot."

muree

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've used their tongkat, but mine was capped 300 mg a cap and I took around 1.2 gms a day (4 caps). Its pretty solid in the libido boost. The differences I found (as per my experience) between pasak bumi, LJ 100 and viron are..

a) Pasak bumi - top notch libido boost. the libido boost was there from the very first cap till the last cap in the bottle.(4 caps / 1.2 gram for 4 weeks)

b) OL LJ 100 - great libido boost, amazing mood boost / anxiety reduces drastically and good body recomp effects (3 caps / 300 mg for 4 weeks). the libido boost leveled off at around the last week but mood and leaning effects continued till the end of the bottle.

c) Viron - mood boost / anxiety reduction start immediately, libido shoots up at around day 5 (2 caps / 500 mg for 4 weeks). The libido effects continue until week 2 and then level off. the mood boost continued till the end of the bottle.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I've used their tongkat, but mine was capped 300 mg a cap and I took around 1.2 gms a day (4 caps). Its pretty solid in the libido boost. The differences I found (as per my experience) between pasak bumi, LJ 100 and viron are..

a) Pasak bumi - top notch libido boost. the libido boost was there from the very first cap till the last cap in the bottle.(4 caps / 1.2 gram for 4 weeks)

b) OL LJ 100 - great libido boost, amazing mood boost / anxiety reduces drastically and good body recomp effects (3 caps / 300 mg for 4 weeks). the libido boost leveled off at around the last week but mood and leaning effects continued till the end of the bottle.

c) Viron - mood boost / anxiety reduction start immediately, libido shoots up at around day 5 (2 caps / 500 mg for 4 weeks). The libido effects continue until week 2 and then level off. the mood boost continued till the end of the bottle.
Great feedback. Much appreciated man!

For myself, with LJ100 I notice the anxiety reduction and mood boost first, then libido a few days into the run and peaks then levels out a bit, then body comp changes over the next few weeks.

I tried a bulk long jack a while back and didn't get much out of it. Tried it again in a 200:1 (supposed) ratio and it was decent with similar results to LJ100 over the long run.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OL LJ100 is a little bit tough to get in Europe. What are other good sources? As I said, I was not too impressed with Tonvara.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I haven't noticed any hair loss with LJ100 but is that something to be concerned about?

I don't think it would increase test so much it would sky rocket DHT levels but could be wrong
Anyone? :)

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
i haven't and ive been using tongkat ali for a year now, and i have not, however no one in my family is prone my father is 58 and has a full head of LONG hair. So take this with a grain of salt.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very well said.

Studies show that as little as 100mg has a profound effect on test, cortisol, libido, etc....BUT, studies also show great results on 200-300mg+ as well. It really all depends on where your test and cortisol levels currently sit, and how your body reacts to the compound.

Best way is to test out various dose protocols until you find the "sweet spot."
True and totaly agreed.
I use to take PA as example. It is anabolic at 750mg BUT it does not mean that dose is the best dose.
And when I suggest lets say 800mg LJ100 or 3-4g PA, I am not thinking about cost effectiveness. I am talking about getting more/most of the compound :)

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, thanks for the info.

I took the indicated dose on their website. 4 tabs. The effects were decent, but not more (rather less) than 1,5g daily cheap Beta Ecdysterone of CV.
I use 8-10 daily and my personal experience is:
-Amazing musclefullness
-strength gains
-size
-increased recovery
-increased endurance
-more energy
The only "side" is maybe little bit higher heart rate and I can see in my face and body I am more red. Usualy my skin is very "white" if I dont take solarium in the wintertime but with Ajuga , I am getting more red color to my skin.(face/body).
It is due to more red blood cells production and My hemoglobin is increasing.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I stray away from anything with the name authentic, real, legit, etc in the name lol

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Even if TA skyrocket your T levels, it depends on how high levels you have of 5a-Reductase enzyme (enzyme which convert T to DHT).
But you really dont need to worry about hairloss :)

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OL LJ100 is a little bit tough to get in Europe. What are other good sources? As I said, I was not too impressed with Tonvara.
OL LJ100 is easy to find in Europe :)
How did you dosed Tonvara TA? How old are you?

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OL LJ100 is easy to find in Europe :)
How did you dosed Tonvara TA? How old are you?
Where can I find it?

As I said, I used TA from some eBay seller (spirit-scents. xyz) at the same dose with a better impression. Again, I used the indicated dose for Tonvara.

Turkesterone at 8-10 tabs is too pricey for me, to be honest. I am 38 years old.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
The only "side" is maybe little bit higher heart rate and I can see in my face and body I am more red. Usualy my skin is very "white" if I dont take solarium in the wintertime but with Ajuga , I am getting more red color to my skin.(face/body).
It is due to more red blood cells production and My hemoglobin is increasing.
You ever had your Hematocrit level checked while using it?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where can I find it?

As I said, I used TA from some eBay seller (spirit-scents. xyz) at the same dose with a better impression. Again, I used the indicated dose for Tonvara.

Turkesterone at 8-10 tabs is too pricey for me, to be honest. I am 38 years old.
There are many fake TA extracts around and god knows whats in them lol.
I will send you UK site where they sell LJ100

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are many fake TA extracts around and god knows whats in them lol.
I will send you UK site where they sell LJ100
Powermyself stocks it, should have looked myself before. Well, I'll try it then.

Cjg

Awards
  • Established
Is Sumatra Pasak bumi 200:1 tongkat legit? Barlowes herbal elixirs have it for 56 dollars.. 100 capsules 300mg.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Even if TA skyrocket your T levels, it depends on how high levels you have of 5a-Reductase enzyme (enzyme which convert T to DHT).
But you really dont need to worry about hairloss :)
I've been on low dose propecia for nearly 5 years so I don't think I have to worry about that

I've experienced no hair loss or androgenic sides from LJ100 :)

Cjg

Awards
  • Established
Yea... Think I'm gonna stick to lj100!! Is the tonvara Turk expensive?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been on low dose propecia for nearly 5 years so I don't think I have to worry about that

I've experienced no hair loss or androgenic sides from LJ100 :)
Which dose of LJ100 are you running ? :)

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
You have your compounds confused: The only AI you mentioned, is Arimadex, and it does nothing to restore the HPTA. The Nolva you mentioned is a SERM, and will help restore HPTA function. The difference between TA/LJ and a SERM, is that the SERM is a pharmaceutical drug that will bring your Testosterone levels to the top of the physiological range (1100ng/dl). The couple hundred (few hundred if you want to be generous) points that TA may raise your Testosterone is nothing when you are suppressed in PCT and want to recover as fast as possible to feel better and keep any LBM you added during cycle.

If you use TA/LJ at all, it is best (IMO) for true Natty's, or for off cycle breaks after PCT. During PCT, I *want* SHBG binding Estrogen.
Well, I know guys who used arimidex as part of PCT to reduce estrogen and stimulate increased test production.
Also, my point wasn't that TA should substitute for nolva or clomid in PCT, but whether it could play a role in stimulating HPTA function/increased testosterone for those with suppressed testosterone production even after the product itself is discontinued.It's not clear to me whether any studies have addressed users' test levels after discontinuing TA

I see a few possible ways it could be beneficial:

1. Reduce SHBG, increase circulating testosterone promoting virtuous cycle of higher test/lower estrogen
2. Reduce estrogen, raise total testosterone, also promoting virtuous cycle of higher test/lower estrogen

So for people who have higher estrogen promoting stubborn fat (producing aromatase), common contributor to lower test levels, it seems like it could be helpful in balancing one's hormone levels over time.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
So i decided to continue at 600mg daily for the rest of my LJ100 run. This dosage is fantastic. I am tempted to go up to 8.

After LJ100, ill be giving Powder Citys 2% Eurycomanone extract.

Anyone here tried the 100:1 Longjack extract from BulkSupplements? They have a lot of good reviews. Some of the reviews mention the powder is light brown/yellow and very bitter. One negative thing is that maltodextrin is added to the product. I'm considering trying this one after i give Powder City version a go.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Well, I know guys who...
Lots of guys doing lots of things that aren't necessarily optimal IMO. Why run an AI in PCT where the goal is homeostasis, when a SERM does a better job at HPTA restoration (tricking the Hypothalmus while also protecting breast tissue) as your body clears excess Estrogen via the CYP Enzymes naturally? But to each his own, don't want to get into a 9mm vs .40 vs .45 debate, and I'm certainly not above being all jacked up in my thinking.

TA does increase T production a bit, but it will never do it better than a SERM, ever. If you are talking in strictly natural guys, then yeah it's better than nothing, but you are still only talking 1, 2, 300 points (which *may* be great or useless, depends on what your level is). As far as stimulation after cessation - I'd say it's possible for a bit, but it won't last. I believe the rat data on Anacyclus or Bulbine (?) showed it was effective for about two weeks after cessation - in rats.

QuarkStar

Awards
I never found Tongkat Ali to be "amazing". I tried Viron, LJ100 and others and while it did increase libido and a little bit of free test, it wasn't massively noticeable.

If Danes is recommending Tonvara as the best one, I would just go with that, hes the Tongkat King. But if you guys are after libido boost, I would say Yohimbine is far superior
do you have blood for free test or it's just your opinion?

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
Lots of guys doing lots of things that aren't necessarily optimal IMO. Why run an AI in PCT where the goal is homeostasis, when a SERM does a better job at HPTA restoration (tricking the Hypothalmus while also protecting breast tissue) as your body clears excess Estrogen via the CYP Enzymes naturally? But to each his own, don't want to get into a 9mm vs .40 vs .45 debate, and I'm certainly not above being all jacked up in my thinking.

TA does increase T production a bit, but it will never do it better than a SERM, ever. If you are talking in strictly natural guys, then yeah it's better than nothing, but you are still only talking 1, 2, 300 points (which *may* be great or useless, depends on what your level is). As far as stimulation after cessation - I'd say it's possible for a bit, but it won't last. I believe the rat data on Anacyclus or Bulbine (?) showed it was effective for about two weeks after cessation - in rats.
I think that you should have more respect for what people say (notice how you chopped out my post in your quote), as you are not understanding what I am saying for the second time in a row.

I'm not saying it would be as or more effective than a SERM. I'm not saying you should use it post-cycle in lieu of a SERM.

What I AM speculating on is whether it could play a role in normalizing HPTA function for someone who is mildly suppressed due to things the supposed "vicious cycle" of having high bodyfat -> high estrogen/suppressed testosterone -> hard to lose bodyfat -> etc...

Additionally, if it lowers SHBG, for how long is it lowered? Does it return to the same baseline level after cessation of TA?

I have not seen studies that answer these questions.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
So i decided to continue at 600mg daily for the rest of my LJ100 run. This dosage is fantastic. I am tempted to go up to 8.

After LJ100, ill be giving Powder Citys 2% Eurycomanone extract.

Anyone here tried the 100:1 Longjack extract from BulkSupplements? They have a lot of good reviews. Some of the reviews mention the powder is light brown/yellow and very bitter. One negative thing is that maltodextrin is added to the product. I'm considering trying this one after i give Powder City version a go.
What have you noticed at 600mg? Any joint soreness?

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
I'm running 2.4 grams a day past 3 days I'd say I get on average 3-4 random BONERS a day. I have EXTREMELY oily skin acne mag be a problem, my pumps have been INSANE, and last night I got the best sleep of my life.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
No joint soreness. Improved recovery, increased strength, increased stamina, random wood, calm and stress free mentality, improved mental focus, and increased muscle fullness.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I'm running 2.4 grams a day past 3 days I'd say I get on average 3-4 random BONERS a day. I have EXTREMELY oily skin acne mag be a problem, my pumps have been INSANE, and last night I got the best sleep of my life.
Wait.... 2.4 grams?!

That escalated quickly : ) lol

P.S. You should get some bloodwork done. It would be really interesting to see where your test and estro levels are at.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
isnt that 6 tabs a day? thats a lot of money to burn...

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Damn if you had a pump of formestane to go with that much tongkat you'd probably feel invincible. That and 1200 mg fenugreek extract damn....that would give you some morning wood to remember

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Wait.... 2.4 grams?!

That escalated quickly : ) lol

P.S. You should get some bloodwork done. It would be really interesting to see where your test and estro levels are at.
I actually got blood work 5 days ago, 1 day prior to supplementation and not intentionally either I just got every 3 weeks for it.

Testosterone free and total-
Total t- 998
Free t-21.1

Pregnelone-73

Dhea- 81

Thyroxine(t4)- 1.29

DHEA-sulfate- 350.4

AM Cortisol-11.2

Estradiol- 21.5

Prostate specific ag serum- 2.1

Triiodothyronine- 4.1

SHGB 26.5

Background stats-
Early 20s
177-183
5'9
12% BF

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I think that you should have more respect for what people say (notice how you chopped out my post in your quote), as you are not understanding what I am saying for the second time in a row.

I'm not saying it would be as or more effective than a SERM. I'm not saying you should use it post-cycle in lieu of a SERM.

What I AM speculating on is whether it could play a role in normalizing HPTA function for someone who is mildly suppressed due to things the supposed "vicious cycle" of having high bodyfat -> high estrogen/suppressed testosterone -> hard to lose bodyfat -> etc...

Additionally, if it lowers SHBG, for how long is it lowered? Does it return to the same baseline level after cessation of TA?

I have not seen studies that answer these questions.

My post was more about the "guys" use of AI's in PCT, hence my "chopped" quote of "lots of guys..." As for all the rest, I don't think I'll clog up the TA discussion, with my thoughts on respect and comprehension. Peace.