To much cardio will burn muscle? True Or False?

kashra

kashra

Awards
Hey..
Guys i just want to clear one thing.. Mostly people say that To much cardio will burn muscle during fat loss... is it true or not..??
i think its true.. what is your opinion..???
Befittacoma personal trainer

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My opinion is, you should learn to use the search feature before starting threads.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Strong believer in that concept as Ive seen my share of running enthusiasts get pissed they aren't making gains in the gym.....then they get hurt lol

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
slightly off topic but, i hear so many people say not to run while bulking, I personally think running (not too much) helps keep the gains on a bulk leaner. It would seem to me that due to glycogen usage during running it would help with insulin sensitivity in the muscles. What are you guys opinion on that theory?

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like cardio on a bulk just for cardiovascular health

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
idk man, I grew a tail and wings from doing cardio.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Strong believer in that concept as Ive seen my share of running enthusiasts get pissed they aren't making gains in the gym.....then they get hurt lol
Off topic, but that speaks to the importance of having a focus. Runners aren't going to get bigger b/c they aren't focused on lifting, just as few BB'ers will be competitive runners.
That being said, any runner who is truly seeking to perform their best NEEDS to take the weights seriously (as it is the number one way to avoid injury).

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Off topic, but that speaks to the importance of having a focus. Runners aren't going to get bigger b/c they aren't focused on lifting, just as few BB'ers will be competitive runners.
That being said, any runner who is truly seeking to perform their best NEEDS to take the weights seriously (as it is the number one way to avoid injury).
PREACH!!! Without focus its just wasted effort in the end

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All of us that compete have to do some form of cardio , at some point during the 'on season'... Example: if I was running on an incline, it would b a 1/2 hr, but if I was on the stepper, it would b 1hr.. / session...

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cardio vs. HIIT?

th.jpg

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In the long run, who wants to do too much cardio anyway?!?! I rather lift any day:)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
put Usain Bolt in the HIIT. Doesn't even look like he lifts. this picture is stupid

Sprinters are typically larger than sprinters.

Per your request Bolt

sprinting.jpg

vs marathoner Horiguchi

Horiguchi_1.jpg

Now which one do you think squats more weight?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Sprinters are typically larger than sprinters.

Per your request Bolt

View attachment 93788

vs marathoner Horiguchi

View attachment 93789

Now which one do you think squats more weight?
prolly usian because I'd assume he trains explosively. mine as well ask who can do more reps. still irrelevant. if you do an hour of LISS vs 20-30mins of HIIT, it's not going to change how much you can lift

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Troll

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you watch my video in full YouTube mode you can see the references I put in the information box underneath. :)

P.S. there is difference between running and cycling as well as HIIT vs LISS in terms of concurrent training on lean body mass and strength.