10 minutes

Leg curls
3 sets

Leg extensions
3 sets

Leg press
3 sets

Double DB front squats
10 x 35s, 40s, 45s, 50s (top available weight lol)

Seated incline DB curls
3 sets

DB RDLs ( w/ 2 x 50lb)
3 x 10
Super slow with pauses, trying to make the weight more challenging.

Notes
Did what I could with the hotel gym today. No barbells, so popped a couple epiandrolean and just repped out. This life fitness leg press is nothing like the ones I normally have access too. In some ways it's kinda nice, got a good pump out of it. But it's super awkward.
I’m familiar with that exact legpress. Not something you will get strong as hell on, but very easy to use and recover from while getting some good pumpy work accomplished.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’m familiar with that exact legpress. Not something you will get strong as hell on, but very easy to use and recover from while getting some good pumpy work accomplished.
In some ways for limited machine work it was nice cause it felt like I got a little extra quad activation along with the hammies and glutes, and quads are definitely the comeback muscle of 2024 for me. Neglected them too long....

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Down in Vegas for work so I'll try to catch up on individual posts when I have a full charged phone lol. Just dropped wife off at airport, she was only here thurs-sun, I have to stay till Weds.

So I packed up some gear, wraps, sleeves and went for a walk.

Warmup
25min walk to gym

Bench
15 x bar
10 x 95, 135
5 x 175, 205
3 x 225, 250
2 x 275
1 x 275

Paused - 2+ count
3 x 5 x 225

Rear delt swings
3 sets

Dips
BW x 3 x 10

CGBP
3 x 8 x 185

Laterals
3 sets

Arnold's
2 sets

Cool down:
25 min walk back to hotel
(Figured may as well get LISS and save $30 in Uber fees)

Pretty good gear! Been a while since I got to use a new Ohio bar. Hands are thoroughly shredded View attachment 242322View attachment 242323
Looks like some nice equipment! You could always check out The Dragon's Lair if you have time. Would require a car ride, but you might bump into Flex Lewis and a few other pros. Also, Hidetada has a gym out that way he works out of too - so that's on my bucket list.

But yeah, at least you know you'll get your steps in while in Vegas walking the strip!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Looks like some nice equipment! You could always check out The Dragon's Lair if you have time. Would require a car ride, but you might bump into Flex Lewis and a few other pros. Also, Hidetada has a gym out that way he works out of too - so that's on my bucket list.

But yeah, at least you know you'll get your steps in while in Vegas walking the strip!
I for real thought about it! But today is my bigger work day so I hit the hotel gym again to just get a sweat on, move some blood and joints.

Warm up on the bike again, then going to run the machines, like all of them

I figure I might be able to get a pump but I'm probably not gonna pull off enough hard work to make progress or fall backwards so in for the pump, burn some calories, hit it hard when I'm back in Tacoma.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Warmup
Bike / 15 minutes

Machine press
2 sets

Leg ext
2 sets

Leg curls
2 sets

Rope tri extensions
2 sets

Machine Shoulder press
2 sets

Lat pull down
2 sets

Machine flies
2 sets

Leg press
2 sets

DB bench
2 x 20 x 50s (highest weight available)

Notes
Basically ran everything to failure. Opted for full body, just hitting everything because tomorrow is travel day, not sure if I'll be able to lift yet, and I mean... I used what was available lol.

Looks like a lot more than it is. Less than an hour of total work.

]
View attachment 242371View attachment 242372

Attachments

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Have a late departure tonight so I got in a 30min jog/walk in the strip this morning, and now I'm basically storing my bags at the bell desk for a few hours and hoofing it over to the planet Hollywood or flamingo pool to kill some time.

Something happened at our pool, glass fell from above so the pool is closed for a few days as they drain and clean it but they gave me access to a bunch of other pools to kill the next five hours until I can head to the airport.

They also gave my key card full access to showers, gym, anything else I need until my flight, I just lose my room access at 11am. Still seems like great service!

The show was impressive. I'm not an EV guy, but these electric trucks are starting to look awesome.

IMG20240521120634.jpg
IMG20240521112212.jpg

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Also got to visit the Vegas top golf last night, it was a blast! I finally got to be "the customer", so they took me out to top golf, and then an amazing Rodizio style Brazilian steakhouse.

Drank very little. I think I had a beer at top golf and an old fashioned at the steak house. One thing about a lot of sun and salt is I do not like a lot of alcohol. I feel so much healthier in desert air. Energy level is up, mood is up, drinking is down, creativity goes up. I love it...

Miss the green beauty of the PNW but love the dry desert heat.

Also apparently the Vegas top golf has a pool??

IMG20240521173331.jpg
IMG20240521181023.jpg
IMG20240521181332.jpg

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wow, seems like you had an amazing day! Really making me want to get out there...
it was a really good time. I have been spoiled a few times to be able to take my wife on some business trips, and I didn't realize it until Sunday when she left and I was still there through weds. I'm sitting here in Vegas of all places by myself and bored without her lol 😂 But the things I'd normally do in Vegas............ i do with her... so I really wasn't up for any solo shows etc

Looks like you had a fun work trip. Loved the pool shot while you were suffering waiting for your plane…..Well I guess somebody has to do it.😎👍
it was sorta a surreal setup, I hadn't really considered hanging out at the pool waiting for a flight before but the Hilton Elara was awesome. They texted me that I could have late check out (11am for them) and that I could not only leave my bags with the bell desk until my flight, but continue using all their services until I left. so they kept my key card active for the showers/gym etc and gave me access to 5 other pools. So I walked next door to planet hollywood to catch a few more hours of vitamin D, then just grabbed my carry-on from the bell desk, hit the showers, called an Uber. pretty slick setup!

I wasn't sure what to think about the Hilton since I usually stay at a more "mainstream" strip location, but it was phenomenal. Kitchenette with fridge, coffee maker (rare in vegas lol), microwave, etc and only like 1/4 mile walk from the main strip. I'd definitely stay at the Hilton Elara again. amazing staff and you don't get lost in a sea of slot machines. (but you're still very close to everything)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have been thinking about getting a thermogenic type of pre just for doing cardio.
I'd really like to cut about 12lbs, but possibly more slowly than I did last time. I have had some decent success with the mini cut/mini bulk cycles lately and a week in Vegas was a bit motivating for me lol. Plus my wife's mentalspace is getting better and we usually do better when we are simultaneously motivated... That's why I opted for his Sweat version when Rob gave me the choice.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Squats
10 x BW, bar, 95
5 x 135, 185, 205
1 x 225, 245, 265, 285, 305
10 x 225
20 x 135

Walkouts - 12-15 seconds
1 x 335, 365
(Wanted to see what it felt like)

Front squats
5 x 135, 155, 175

Leg ext
3 x 12

Leg curls
3 x 12

Notes
Weight 196
Sorta surprised weight wasn't lower after my Vegas trip. I think I left at 197.

Having only squatted like 4 times this year and basically taking last year off I'm crazy happy to walk into 305lbs.

Technically... My squat is a bit higher than my bench still.

Playing with front squats shows me how much mobility I've lost. I never used to have a hard time getting wrists and hands in front rack position so I need to work on that.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I also noticed I do not have as great of mobility in the shoulders, delts, and upper triceps when getting into low bar. I am sure it is a practice thing, and I am out of practice. it will come back with time...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I also noticed I do not have as great of mobility in the shoulders, delts, and upper triceps when getting into low bar. I am sure it is a practice thing, and I am out of practice. it will come back with time...
That, and new muscle tissue restricts some of the movement at the joint. Just can't move as far when surrounded with more mass to get in the way. I really noticed that when I got up around 215 and up. A lot of it can be retrained if from not doing those things in a while but some of it is just you built new muscle that gets in the way.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That, and new muscle tissue restricts some of the movement at the joint. Just can't move as far when surrounded with more mass to get in the way. I really noticed that when I got up around 215 and up. A lot of it can be retrained if from not doing those things in a while but some of it is just you built new muscle that gets in the way.
I had remembered some discussion in your log about the shoulder mobility in squats while I was running through my session. Last weeks squat session left me with a knot under my shoulder blade but it went away. This weeks session was still a bit tight, but much better. So I think between the weights going up, the reps going up, and the fact that I don't have a knot this time it's improving... lol

Weighed in at 197.6 this morning. Last night did some LISS cardio by way of walking the dogs with the wife. I find it kinda interesting that 197 seems to be that "weight" that my body really loves these days. I can eat extra, or I can eat less, and generally this is where my body lands unless I make a big effort up or down.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I had remembered some discussion in your log about the shoulder mobility in squats while I was running through my session. Last weeks squat session left me with a knot under my shoulder blade but it went away. This weeks session was still a bit tight, but much better. So I think between the weights going up, the reps going up, and the fact that I don't have a knot this time it's improving... lol

Weighed in at 197.6 this morning. Last night did some LISS cardio by way of walking the dogs with the wife. I find it kinda interesting that 197 seems to be that "weight" that my body really loves these days. I can eat extra, or I can eat less, and generally this is where my body lands unless I make a big effort up or down.
yeah, and judging from your reflection in that recent set up pic you look nice, thick and strong at that weight. Are you still seeing abs right now?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Are you still seeing abs right now?
depends on the mirror and my pose. If I lean back a bit in the pose and flex my ass off I can get them to show OK in a bad mirror. This week when I was down in vegas I swear to God the mirrors should have had a sign "objects in mirror are not as sexy as they appear". looked like my abs were cracking hard. But bodyfat "might" be around 14-16% so my abs are at a point where they can get washed out really easy with a little water retention. or show better with some drying out.

I loved the vegas life style, walking for miles upon end in the hot sun every day. Trying to figure out ways to get that natural LISS cardio into my life here to maybe shave a couple more % of bodyfat...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
depends on the mirror and my pose. If I lean back a bit in the pose and flex my ass off I can get them to show OK in a bad mirror. This week when I was down in vegas I swear to God the mirrors should have had a sign "objects in mirror are not as sexy as they appear". looked like my abs were cracking hard. But bodyfat "might" be around 14-16% so my abs are at a point where they can get washed out really easy with a little water retention. or show better with some drying out.

I loved the vegas life style, walking for miles upon end in the hot sun every day. Trying to figure out ways to get that natural LISS cardio into my life here to maybe shave a couple more % of bodyfat...
Just move to the desert and get out of that cold grey soggy expensive place once & for all.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wasn't sure what to think about the Hilton since I usually stay at a more "mainstream" strip location, but it was phenomenal. Kitchenette with fridge, coffee maker (rare in vegas lol), microwave, etc and only like 1/4 mile walk from the main strip. I'd definitely stay at the Hilton Elara again. amazing staff and you don't get lost in a sea of slot machines. (but you're still very close to everything)
I'm a fan of the Hilton brands in general as a rule. Just looked this place up, looks to be in a good spot for fun and all of that! Looks like I'll be traveling out that way now in a few weeks for work, but it's quite a walk from where I'll need to be during the day unfortunately.

But might try that Top Golf location ypu mentioned if I get a minute!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That looks like a great vacay! Man you got me itching for the desert now lol. Something about it….

I see what you’re doing with those squat walkouts

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No training today, took my boy out for 4hrs of outdoor birthday paintball. I am worked! 4 hours of air squats, sprints, and lunges
Paintball is always great fun bonding time. I bet y’all had a blast.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Warm up, waiting for barbell

DB curls
DB bench
3 x 12 x 50s

Bench (jumped in with rando)
10 x 135
5 x 185, 205
1 x 225, 245, 265, 280, 290

Slingshot
5 x 275

Raw
8 x 225
Wide grip
15 x 135

Tricep push downs
3 x 20

Pec deck
3 sets

Notes
This preWO slaps hard. I think I could push myself harder on it than my body should go

First legit pressing day since getting back from work travel, felt awesome to be in my home gym with the bros.

Super rushed session, like 45 minutes but felt great to get it in.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So this bank drops down about 65+ feet behind our house. We tied a 20ft ladder to a rope and down I went with a chainsaw. Put in about four hours fighting the brush, stickers, nettles and tiny little maples. Took out around 200 trees from 1-4" diameter and a few bigger ones around 8-14" diameter. You can see the progress but I'm probably only like .... 1/5th done. This is basically what I'll be doing this summer

IMG_20240527_171751.jpg

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So this bank drops down about 65+ feet behind our house. We tied a 20ft ladder to a rope and down I went with a chainsaw. Put in about four hours fighting the brush, stickers, nettles and tiny little maples. Took out around 200 trees from 1-4" diameter and a few bigger ones around 8-14" diameter. You can see the progress but I'm probably only like .... 1/5th done. This is basically what I'll be doing this summer

View attachment 242620
Damn that is a workout! Nice view though and when that’s cleaned up will look awesome!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work, nice session, and nice view!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
man I'm sore today, and my fingers are covered in a dozen tiny bloody scratches from the thorns. I swear the little cuts hurt more lol.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
customer on site visit lasted from 7am until 4:30 today, and then I have to pick her up at 5:30 for dinner, back at it tomorrow from about 7am until 10am so unfortunately a training day is not in the cards today , but tomorrow should be money

Damn that is a workout! Nice view though and when that’s cleaned up will look awesome!
Nice work, nice session, and nice view!
You got a LOT of view back for that 4 hours of work though!
thanks guys! the tax man gets me hard on that view so we really have to fight to preserve it. the bank itself is so steep I have long term concerns that we'd lose the yard and house, but actually dropping the trees along the bank and keeping the roots intact contributes to building the bank up. it's a weird process, and a lot of work. but it is a beautiful place to hide from the city on a nice day.

told my wife this will be her summer time "toptional" beach when the boat is sold. :devilish:

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
customer on site visit lasted from 7am until 4:30 today, and then I have to pick her up at 5:30 for dinner, back at it tomorrow from about 7am until 10am so unfortunately a training day is not in the cards today , but tomorrow should be money

thanks guys! the tax man gets me hard on that view so we really have to fight to preserve it. the bank itself is so steep I have long term concerns that we'd lose the yard and house, but actually dropping the trees along the bank and keeping the roots intact contributes to building the bank up. it's a weird process, and a lot of work. but it is a beautiful place to hide from the city on a nice day.

told my wife this will be her summer time "toptional" beach when the boat is sold. :devilish:
I was going to mention that earlier about leaving the root balls in the hillside to help hold the soil together, sounds like you got it covered though!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was going to mention that earlier about leaving the root balls in the hillside to help hold the soil together, sounds like you got it covered though!
I've had some people out to talk about erosion and explore better retaining walls but it seems like the consensus is take down heavy trees, leave roots, grow deep root plants like rhodies, get rid of black berries.....

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

View attachment 242620
What a view! Don't take for granted the good things in life. That'll be awesome when it's done.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
wrapping up a 36hr session with my customer in like a half hour... big Teams conference call to wrap it up. I sense a decent training session in my near future.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Warm up - waiting for platform

DB curls
DB RDLs
DB rows

Deadlifts
5 x 135, 225, 275
3 x 325, 375
1 x 405, 425
5 x 325

RDLs
3 x 8 x 225 (doh)

EZ bar curls
15 x 70, 80
20 x 70
(Closing in on 11.6" boys!)

Superset with t bar rows
3 sets

Rear delt swings
3 x 15 x 22.5s

Superset with hammer curls
3 x 10 x 40s

Seated DB curls
3 x 20 x 25lbs
(Final burnout set)

Notes
Felt good! Haven't pulled over 400 in a while, went "all out" today

425 was a grind, won't lie, but I'm grateful for it cause I pushed through and that's something I'm bad at. So hitting hard reps even if only at like 88% of previous PR is a major mental progress.

Felt naked without my knee sleeves today so that's why I focused more on back and arms versus knee joint accessories.

More than once a big breath of air out my lips sent sweat flying off my lips lol.
Screenshot_2024-05-29-11-43-09-83_801c3494cc30bc6d615367769f98046d.jpg

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice session Sir!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Today's stack
Alpha gel on one foot
Xpg dhea on the other
Ultra Epi on both shoulders
Epiandrolean (1cap preWO, 1 after)
All out preWO
And I forgot my AE, I'll take some later.

finishing out this last week of the month as an ending to my epi run so exhausting the ultra epi and calling it good for a while. Although I love epi, I'd do this for the rest of my life if I could lol. I gotta say @Hyde last weekend I did notice as I was amping up my dose and getting 7 weeks deep, I was more irritable than normal for seemingly no real good reason, so maybe I have the same results as you and I was just underdosing before.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today's stack
Alpha gel on one foot
Xpg dhea on the other
Ultra Epi on both shoulders
Epiandrolean (1cap preWO, 1 after)
All out preWO
And I forgot my AE, I'll take some later.

finishing out this last week of the month as an ending to my epi run so exhausting the ultra epi and calling it good for a while. Although I love epi, I'd do this for the rest of my life if I could lol. I gotta say @Hyde last weekend I did notice as I was amping up my dose and getting 7 weeks deep, I was more irritable than normal for seemingly no real good reason, so maybe I have the same results as you and I was just underdosing before.
If you take enough drugs, you tend to run into some side effects eventually lol.

That’s a great song btw! Always amps me up.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If you take enough drugs, you tend to run into some side effects eventually lol.

That’s a great song btw! Always amps me up.
this was by far the best run of epi I have had yet. of course weight went from around 187 to touching 200lbs but damn, feeling thick. awesome gym sessions too. next time I would like to come out of the gate a bit hotter and just increase dose from day 1 rather than spreading it out like I did.