MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My wife pureed some liver into meatballs that I've mixed into my egg whites and rice for breakfast... I gotta say... I like liver.
So like just a liver meatball or she added some pureed liver into some meatballs she was making? For me it isn't the taste I can't stand, it is the consistency. Reminds me of getting a mouth full of dirt or dust.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So like just a liver meatball or she added some pureed liver into some meatballs she was making? For me it isn't the taste I can't stand, it is the consistency. Reminds me of getting a mouth full of dirt or dust.
yeah she pureed liver because we had been feeding it to the dogs and I told her I wanted some, lol. So she mixed the puree liver in with her normal meatball concoction (which is almost entirely meat). It gives it a brighter flavor with a tiny bit of the chalky flavor you get from liver. To me, they taste great. She tried them yesterday and I inherited the rest lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
yeah she pureed liver because we had been feeding it to the dogs and I told her I wanted some, lol. So she mixed the puree liver in with her normal meatball concoction (which is almost entirely meat). It gives it a brighter flavor with a tiny bit of the chalky flavor you get from liver. To me, they taste great. She tried them yesterday and I inherited the rest lol
This I might be able to deal with. Been considering just getting some liver and forcing myself to eat like an ounce a day even not liking it.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This I might be able to deal with. Been considering just getting some liver and forcing myself to eat like an ounce a day even not liking it.
I would just buy some liver tabs !!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Seeing as how nobody wants to eat my food I'm starting to understand how I used to be a fatty

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Try a Steak and a Baked Potato and see how many takers you have

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What is in liver that you cannot get from other foods or supplements in sufficient quantity?

Nothing wrong with eating nutritious foods if you enjoy them and they agree with your overall wellness & wallet, but I see people going out of their way to do things they don’t enjoy that can be done other ways easier.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Have you been watching to many Liver King Videos LOL
Ha I don't think I've seen any of his but it crossed my mind after I posted this

When I clean a duck, deer, etc I tend to eat all the bits that nobody will, a little nostalgia there I guess. My brother tends to bring a deer heart to share on our annual fishing trip. My wife would never touch that

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What is in liver that you cannot get from other foods or supplements in sufficient quantity?

Nothing wrong with eating nutritious foods if you enjoy them and they agree with your overall wellness & wallet, but I see people going out of their way to do things they don’t enjoy that can be done other ways easier.
Manliness

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My grand parents came from the days of the Great Depression, when they butchered an animal nothing went to waste !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My grand parents came from the days of the Great Depression, when they butchered an animal nothing went to waste !!
That is why they were depressed, eating liver and gizzards.... :)

@Hyde nothing that I know of after investigating further. :)

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@MrKleen73 here's my coop during construction before I tiled the roof. I have a door on the front that I can physically climb in if needed. the door in the back is like a 14" closet where I keep food and supps. the hen nests hang off to the right. When I move to the auto door so they can free range more I have some concerns to as whether or not they'll lay where I want them to lay lol.

I ran the fencing around 24" deep and backfilled with gravel to keep predators from digging in. it's worked really well and twice I've had a coyote out there circling the coop but couldn't find a way in.

I just realized I also put cedar shingles on all the siding that you can't see here to match our house as well.

oh and the ducks wouldn't go up into the hen house so I made them a ground level shelter/nest. Ignore the little water bowl. my step daughter felt they needed additional water in a bowl but they have a small pond as well.

When you start referring to us all as “fellow primal” I will begin to show true concern.
And you must subsequently grow a HGH belly
Hello fellow primals. Hell, HGH? I can do it with burgers and fries.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@MrKleen73 here's my coop during construction before I tiled the roof. I have a door on the front that I can physically climb in if needed. the door in the back is like a 14" closet where I keep food and supps. the hen nests hang off to the right. When I move to the auto door so they can free range more I have some concerns to as whether or not they'll lay where I want them to lay lol.

View attachment 228856

I ran the fencing around 24" deep and backfilled with gravel to keep predators from digging in. it's worked really well and twice I've had a coyote out there circling the coop but couldn't find a way in.

View attachment 228858

I just realized I also put cedar shingles on all the siding that you can't see here to match our house as well.

oh and the ducks wouldn't go up into the hen house so I made them a ground level shelter/nest. Ignore the little water bowl. my step daughter felt they needed additional water in a bowl but they have a small pond as well.

View attachment 228857

Hello fellow primals. Hell, HGH? I can do it with burgers and fries.
Nice set up. I have a feeling my wife would beat me if I did this in my backyard though.

Ugh... to the Liver King... Guy walks around no shirt, no deodorant, and most importantly, no integrity.... That $100,000,000 lawsuit he has going on now is just repayment for all the people who have had to deal with his BS and body odor!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Dustin07 do you have screen over the top so the hawks don't aren't a problem ?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nice set up. I have a feeling my wife would beat me if I did this in my backyard though.
LOL my guess is we were drinking when we decided to get the girls chickens and ducks for easter and then began my 2 month covid build of this monster. I drew it on a napkin and just started digging holes and cutting wood until it was done. the PNW weather really takes a toll though, I'll repaint it and spruce it up again here in a few weeks....

my wife won't let me raise much to butcher so this is as close as I get to having my farm life back. She loves starting a garden but its dead in a month if I don't maintain it lol

@Dustin07 do you have screen over the top so the hawks don't aren't a problem ?
Yessir. although out here i worry more about the bald eagles and ground predators. we have a ton of birds, some owls, but the Eagles have a family in a tall tree next to our house. all going to be a risk for free range birds but I'm willing to give it a try

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh and primal ancestry something something
I’ve out-lifted that guy in every comp lift, & I’d wager most things like stone lifting, so he can take his ancestry & shove it as far as I’m concerned

That chicken coop is really cool! I am avoiding pets like the plague because something like that would make it exceptionally hard for us to ever move, but if I find myself stuck here still when my son is in grade school or I’ve moved somewhere else I think chickens would be awesome. I would also like some fish and an iguana. I figure if I move to the right place in Florida I can catch my iguana for free lol.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ve out-lifted that guy in every comp lift, & I’d wager most things like stone lifting, so he can take his ancestry & shove it as far as I’m concerned

That chicken coop is really cool! I am avoiding pets like the plague because something like that would make it exceptionally hard for us to ever move, but if I find myself stuck here still when my son is in grade school or I’ve moved somewhere else I think chickens would be awesome. I would also like some fish and an iguana. I figure if I move to the right place in Florida I can catch my iguana for free lol.
Or a really big python!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

yeahhhhh..... I have a saltwater fish tank at home too... although a lot less work than the two dogs....

Or a really big python!
I mean I assume if we are here we already have one.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I had a brackish tank back in the day, had a sting ray in there. It was pretty cool! I lost over 2000 in fish to a hurricane where we were without power for 2 weeks. It sucked and I just haven't managed to bring myself to start investing in fish again since then. I still have my tank and still tell myself all the time I am going to repopulate it. I used to sit and watch the fish while my wife watched the TV.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I had a brackish tank back in the day, had a sting ray in there. It was pretty cool! I lost over 2000 in fish to a hurricane where we were without power for 2 weeks. It sucked and I just haven't managed to bring myself to start investing in fish again since then. I still have my tank and still tell myself all the time I am going to repopulate it. I used to sit and watch the fish while my wife watched the TV.
They say fish tanks are really good for health and supposedly blood pressure. My wife was getting ready to restock her tank with freshwater fish and I said why not go salt? "isn't that more work?" naaa I said.... lol. so much more work. But rewarding. it sorta became a weekend date for us to head out of town to this salt water fish store and pick one new coral every couple of weeks. It's pretty fun, and after about 6+ months the tank is really taking on some fun colors. in the end it ended up costing twice as much as I really was thinking as I spent more on the single light for it than everything else combined... But last time I kept saltwater was like 15 years ago and things have changed a lot since then... (such as blue tooth controlled lighting parameters, all LED, its' crazy but super effective and positive for the corals).

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maybe some edibles were also involved in fish watching?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Waiting for rack warmup
Leg curls
Leg ext
Adductor machine
DB RDLs
Bent over DB rows

Leg Press hammer strength
10 x 200, 300, 350, 390
8 x 440, 480
4 x 500

Squats
5 x 135, 185
1 x 225, 265, 285, 305, 315, 325, 335
3 x 225

You should see how dam slow these reps are on the drop like 512 TUT

Notes
Weight 187 this morning

Couldn't get a squat rack after even an hour so I let my warm ups turn into some work to the best of my ability. Bad timing to end the strength cycle before a trip but it's all good.

Leg press is a PR probably, but a silly one since I never run leg press anyways lol

Edit:
All the sudden squat rack opened as I was finishing so I ran over to get some work in.

Weight belt still 4th hole

Really thought about 350lbs as that's an all time best but 325 and 335 are numbers I haven't hit in years, like pre pandemic so I'm happy.

65# to #400

Today I worked really hard on moving the bar down another inch in my back. I always lowbar but I feel like I must still be running too high because lately I've been feeling myself fall forward and if I can pick up 460lbs why can't I squat 300?

It seemed to help a lot. When I got in the hole I thought deadlift more than anything

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
honestly 335 and 265 were equal in difficulty to me. it took until 305 before the soreness in my adductor went away. I think I could possibly grind out 350 but that 335 rep was finally an RPE 9 or 9.5. that bulging vein beware the poo type struggle. But also, it was easy. I can't explain it. I have a lot of questions about my form I want to address when I get back to training. I feel like i'm really onto something in working on my low bar and figuring out the translation between deads and squats.

I think the accessory that has added the most to my squats is good mornings, and I think the accessory that adds the most to my deads is deficits. I haven't yet figured out which accessory is my bench press equivalent yet but I think it's mostly carbs and volume.

so far;
squat 335
dead 460
bench 280.

need 65 + 40 + 20. sitting at a 1075 total at 185. I'm not unhappy with that. but of course the 500/400/300 / 1200lb total remains the short term goal.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey that’s the biggest squat you’ve taken in years & you’re approaching lifetime best territory soon! That’s awesome man. Your goals are realistic and you should expect to achieve them if you execute.

Something cool one of the hosts/coaches on the Sika Strength Youtube channel said recently about what it takes to reach a goal:

Education - find the path
Execution - do the work
Consistency - every day
Patience - for as long as it takes

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Education - find the path
Execution - do the work
Consistency - every day
Patience - for as long as it takes
Education - I'll be working on form development when I get back. that's a must. My buddy is a PL nut but not a consistent trainer. he's the one that walks in and squats 405 every couple of months just to make sure he can then goes home... he's done countless seminars with Mark Rippetoe and Jordan F.

Execution - I think volume bench in the 80% as you've sorta taught me, and deficit deads as I've picked up over the years but these things are fun. For squats, I truly think its going to be high volume and 2 a week sessions. It's miserably hard to knock out those 10s but it really does give me results when I can go back and chase a 1 rep. it just freaking works for me. I wish it was easier but it's just not.

Consistency - well... this group helps a lot of accountability and motivation, that's for damn sure.

Patience - ha. 40 years down. 25 as a gym rat, and every week I wonder if I can PR something new. Not good at patience but I love the journey.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My nutrition has been sorta shitty this week. definitely in a surplus. I decided to fast two full days this week (rest days) for vanity as we lead into our vacation and neither day panned out as I ended up with two business lunches and I enjoyed them both thoroughly. Tacos, beans, rice, tostada, fried pickles. Only fasting I managed to do was IF on those days but despite it, calories have been up. yet...

I woke up at 186lbs today, starving. down around 6lbs since Sunday. I was about 192 over the weekend but felt leanish and weight belt on the 4th hole (which is normally my 180lb leanness).

Last night I had easily double the carbs I normally have in rice + my wife made a fat steak stirfry and I ate like 2lbs of that. I've been eating wild boar, elk, and venison summer sausage all week after work as snacks along with super fatty cheese and I'm still loosing weight.

I've been using that Ab Solved this week (@Rocket3015 ). fairly religiously. 2 squirts morning, 2 squirts at night. Maybe that is actually doing something??

today I'll bench. tonight I'll shower, I'll apply one last application, then head to the airport and begin a week of debauchery and bad decisions rooted in tacos, tequila, ceviche and my wife's little bikini. She might think she's fat but I'm all about it.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My nutrition has been sorta shitty this week. definitely in a surplus. I decided to fast two full days this week (rest days) for vanity as we lead into our vacation and neither day panned out as I ended up with two business lunches and I enjoyed them both thoroughly. Tacos, beans, rice, tostada, fried pickles. Only fasting I managed to do was IF on those days but despite it, calories have been up. yet...

I woke up at 186lbs today, starving. down around 6lbs since Sunday. I was about 192 over the weekend but felt leanish and weight belt on the 4th hole (which is normally my 180lb leanness).

Last night I had easily double the carbs I normally have in rice + my wife made a fat steak stirfry and I ate like 2lbs of that. I've been eating wild boar, elk, and venison summer sausage all week after work as snacks along with super fatty cheese and I'm still loosing weight.

I've been using that Ab Solved this week (@Rocket3015 ). fairly religiously. 2 squirts morning, 2 squirts at night. Maybe that is actually doing something??

today I'll bench. tonight I'll shower, I'll apply one last application, then head to the airport and begin a week of debauchery and bad decisions rooted in tacos, tequila, ceviche and my wife's little bikini. She might think she's fat but I'm all about it.
It's kinda nice sometimes when you do the wrong things and end up with the right results !!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's kinda nice sometimes when you do the wrong things and end up with the right results !!
Dude I can't even figure it out! I feel like and a little flat today. I've been carbing up, doubled my breakfast carbs, increased sodium etc before I lift today but I feel deflated so wish me luck 😅

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dude I can't even figure it out! I feel like and a little flat today. I've been carbing up, doubled my breakfast carbs, increased sodium etc before I lift today but I feel deflated so wish me luck 😅
I'm sure you will do fine !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Little bikinis are never a bad decision
I can think of a few times I have seen them as bad decisions, but the body positivity police say I am not allowed to mention them...

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Pre workout:
Doubles carbs, pounded a donut

Bench
10 x 95
8 x 135
1 x 185, 205, 225, 245, 265
1 x 285 (PR)

SS
1 x 305 (PR), 315 (PR)

Bench / cardio
18 x 185 (probably PR? Lol)
30 x 95

CGBP
3 x 10 x 155

Bent over DB Rows
12 x 50s
10 x 60s, 70s

DB curls
3 sets

Lateral raises
3 sets

Seated dips
2 sets

Notes
Weight
186lb this morning

Might have had 290 but wanted to end with a for sure. After I hit the PR I really wasn't sure best approach to finish the session so I just did what was fun, build the pump, flex and spit all over the mirrors.