MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Front squats EMOTM, getting real up in here!!!

You may be able to recover some of that strength and energy for your sessions by having 1 big protein and carb heavy meal the night before after a 24 hour fast compared to the 36 hour fast then trying to carb up before your sessions. You could also be experiencing leverage differences from the weight loss. You are going to suffer from worse leverage points the smaller you make yourself. So even if muscle strength has not gone down the muscles have to apply more force to move the same weight due to worse leverage.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Pinning... you seem to be focusing on health a bit more and out of the things that work pinning is the healthiest option. Otherwise there are some decent transdermals out there, and something like Androhard or one of the many knockoffs at a relatively high dose would be nice for you. Does not convert to estrogen or anything but if you run it high enough to really be noticeable results you will need to PCT. If you can find some Trenavar or the like they could also be good options but then you need to be watchful of prolactin issues. Easy enough with P5P but it is still a consideration.
Can you give me an idea of how you would run the androhard (pumps per day, times per day) and what PCT you'd run? More than half the reason I haven't ventured any further than my standard OTC stuff is because I simply don't know enough about it. I have multiple calls into my doc for a blood panel and am not getting an appt yet... still working it will call again today. we have local mens clinics but they have really really bad reviews (like "paid $300 for consult and blood work, never got answer, they want $300 more to give me results, etc. etc.). 10 years ago I could damn near walk into my doc and she'd give me an hour long visit. Now days its like pulling teeth to get 5 minutes.

Front squats EMOTM, getting real up in here!!!

You may be able to recover some of that strength and energy for your sessions by having 1 big protein and carb heavy meal the night before after a 24 hour fast compared to the 36 hour fast then trying to carb up before your sessions. You could also be experiencing leverage differences from the weight loss. You are going to suffer from worse leverage points the smaller you make yourself. So even if muscle strength has not gone down the muscles have to apply more force to move the same weight due to worse leverage.
started sustain alpha at the beginning of January. The reviews were good and it seemed like a fine stand alone product to add into my daily regiment. 3 pumps a day based upon my weight and I noticed nothing. Yesterday and today I increased it to 4.

Tuesday night after dinner I fasted about 24hrs until Weds dinner. I had a fat burger + all the carbs I could get my hands on. doing my best I estimated it at around a 1200 calorie feed. Thursday morning broke my fast immediately with protein shake in my coffee and my normal grits + ground turkey for breakfast.

Full lunch, 1 cup of jasmine rice + 6oz of chicken, salad, etc.

Had another 71g of carbs via sticky rice about 1hr pre-workout and another protein shake intra workout after my working set of squats. When I finally got to the last two lifts of the day I started "waking up" and feeling some form of aggression. It seems like it really takes my body a bit longer to respond to my intake.

For dinner we skipped Spanish class and went out. I had an 8oz angus burger on brioche with roasted red potatoes, plus some of my wife's left over tots and brioche. I could practically feel the fat and carbs soaking (much needed) into my joints and deflated muscles. I woke up today at 184.6lbs. down another .2lbs since yesterday. Despite having a full nearly 3k calorie day and not having removed the large food from my stomach yet...

IDK if maybe I'm finally seeing some results from the sustain alpha in terms of metabolism or if this is normal from long fasts. It does seem like when I do a full 24-36hr fast I continue burning fat like crazy into the next day or two.

The EMOTM front squats... I sorta forced that upon myself because I could tell my gas tank was just empty and I was sorta getting light headed in heavy sets. sometimes if I set a timer it helps me hold myself accountable and get the work in.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Warmup

Emtpy bb
Press, cleans, RDLs, squats, rows

Squats
10 x 95
5 x 135, 185, 205,
3 x 10 x 225

Front squats
5 x 135, 155, 175
3 x 3 x 195 EMOTM

RDLs
10 x 135
5 x 225, 275

Leg ext
3 x 10

Leg curls
3 x 10

Biceps
11 sets total
Curls, machine curls, hammer curls

Kettlebell arm bars

Weight
184.x

Notes
Fasting cuts fat hella fast. Abs are popping.
Lifting the day after fasting does not serve me well. Aggressiveness and mental clarity just aren't there, but! I hit my numbers so I'm not unhappy.

My January experiment, thus far has taught me:

I perform better over 15% bf.
I feel better over 15%. No injuries, better gains.
I feel skinny and weak at 184.
Cutting alcohol sucked but had no noticeable effect in any aspect of my life, scale, body fat or gym performance.

Such a catch 22. I only dropped about 6-8lbs since my Dec high but I feel crazy deflated and unstable under the barbell.

My joints feel dry and achier as well as my weight drops.
But you look good in the mirror !!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh and dermacrine is 72mgs per pump, noticed you asked earlier.
Gracias amigo. I emailed iconic as well to verify but hadn't heard back yet. so 3 pumps of dermacrine is going to equal the dhea in the true shred just being topical instead of oral. <-- which doesn't mean much to me since I don't honestly know which application is better but I take enough pills already 😅

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gracias amigo. I emailed iconic as well to verify but hadn't heard back yet. so 3 pumps of dermacrine is going to equal the dhea in the true shred just being topical instead of oral. QUOTE]

Haha yeah man, all the vitamins and supps in pill form, nice to just slather it on and be good.
IMG_9176.JPG

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I used to just chuck salt in my pwo, even did a few blend with magnesium and eat a banana. A while back a friend have me some LMNT packets and I’ve been hooked ever since.m due to the ease of use. It would be cheaper to just buy raw and mix but who has time for that?!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I used to just chuck salt in my pwo, even did a few blend with magnesium and eat a banana. A while back a friend have me some LMNT packets and I’ve been hooked ever since.m due to the ease of use. It would be cheaper to just buy raw and mix but who has time for that?!
WTF I can't believe I never thought of this.
my current pwo only has 60mg. I wonder if I should up it. awesome idea

hell even the lmnt has like 1000mg?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Give it a go! LMNT has 1gram sodium, 200mg potassium and 60mg magnesium. I love it for the speed and convenience of the packets. Unflavored works well in pwo and watermelon is hands down the best taste for daily sipping. The chocolate ones are nasty.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

If you aren’t consuming about 1g sodium periWO, you are leaving performance/recovery on the table.

A 2% dehydration in an athlete can reduce power output up to 15%. Water cannot be held without significant sodium or at least carbohydrates, ideally both. People on keto plans who are small even need 5-6g salt per day to stay optimally hydrated. So a more muscular individual using carbs should still shoot for this range, and it can scale with size. You still want your 5 grams of potassium daily, but large amounts of sodium are proven to be healthy & helpful for individuals who do not suffer from hyper-retention & significantly increased blood pressure from sodium consumption. They’re out there, but you’re not them! Use lots of salt!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would not be messing with cycles right now as a natural around 40 years old. I would be considering if HRT is right for me, because cycling is going to risk your endogenous production getting substantially weaker - so are you really interested in weekly injections for the rest of your life?

Doctor-supervised HRT combined with some light cycles in time would be much more effective overall, as far as what you keep and what it can cost your health. It’s not a free ride, so I don’t want to glamorize anything. You have to do a lot of bloodwork to keep tabs on things, and troubleshooting when things start to get high or low.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Bench
10 x 95, 135
5 x 175, 205

Pause
3 x 5 x 230

SS
4 x 260
3 x 270

Incline
15 x 95
10 x 115
5 x 135, 155
2 x 175
8 x 135

Dips
Bw x 10
+25lbs x 8
+50lbs x

DB tri kickbacks
3 x 10

Weight

Added 5lbs to pause bench
Incline... Still trying to figure out grip to avoid shoulder injury. I think it's quite narrow for me.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If you aren’t consuming about 1g sodium periWO, you are leaving performance/recovery on the table.

A 2% dehydration in an athlete can reduce power output up to 15%. Water cannot be held without significant sodium or at least carbohydrates, ideally both. People on keto plans who are small even need 5-6g salt per day to stay optimally hydrated. So a more muscular individual using carbs should still shoot for this range, and it can scale with size. You still want your 5 grams of potassium daily, but large amounts of sodium are proven to be healthy & helpful for individuals who do not suffer from hyper-retention & significantly increased blood pressure from sodium consumption. They’re out there, but you’re not them! Use lots of salt!
noted! my buddy had a brand of electrolytes with high sodium in it that I threw into my preworkout today. I'll make a better effort on sodium. Never in my life did I really think about it intraworkout. I have no qualms with salt at all, except that my ring wont' come off after pho. ha.

I would not be messing with cycles right now as a natural around 40 years old. I would be considering if HRT is right for me, because cycling is going to risk your endogenous production getting substantially weaker - so are you really interested in weekly injections for the rest of your life?

Doctor-supervised HRT combined with some light cycles in time would be much more effective overall, as far as what you keep and what it can cost your health. It’s not a free ride, so I don’t want to glamorize anything. You have to do a lot of bloodwork to keep tabs on things, and troubleshooting when things start to get high or low.
Yeah I know you're right and I appreciate the candid response. I'm spitballing more than anything, trying to figure out anything at all that I can add to gain that edge. I have a lot on my mind as I figure out priorities. I know long term being this lean is no good. I'll have to go back to putting on more weight the old fashioned way if I'm going to break through these plateaus again. There is a mental barrier. I cut from 242lbs in my early 20s down to 168 and have spent the rest of my life since around 183-185. I get a mental block when I break over 190. it's hard to enjoy it when at another point in my life I worked so hard to get lean and chased bodybuilders

that said... strength training and powerlifting is more fun and I feel better when I'm in a surplus. less injuries, happier joints, more aggressive.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It was very easy for me to stay natty when I was competing and from a small town surrounded by people who were all 100% natural. felt good to be a big fish in a small pond. As I get older, the need to piss clean has disappeared and I think thats where the dark side starts to whisper in my ear.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I need to back up a moment and take inventory of what has occurred since Sept 2022 when I was able to go back to focus on training.

Sept
weight = 188
Bench = 225 x 3, and a single at 250.
Deads = 350 x 3
Squats = 300 x 1, 250 x 5

More Recently
weight = 184
Bench = 230 x 3x5, 275 x 1 multiple times. 300 w/ slingshot
Deads = 410 x 5, also 410 x 5 with deficit. 460 x 1 (PR)
Squats = 320 x 1, 225 x 3x10. But really not much progress here.

Putting things into perspective, the past 4-5 months have been pretty stellar actually. I've just developed a sense of urgency and lack of patience. I need to get control of that.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Very nice progress from September really. You added 25 lbs to your bench (I bet there is more in the tank than you think) and a nice push on deads! Keeping all 3 growing simultaneously is the giant juggling act.

I get the patience and urgency deal, it’s inevitable.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I need to back up a moment and take inventory of what has occurred since Sept 2022 when I was able to go back to focus on training.

Sept
weight = 188
Bench = 225 x 3, and a single at 250.
Deads = 350 x 3
Squats = 300 x 1, 250 x 5

More Recently
weight = 184
Bench = 230 x 3x5, 275 x 1 multiple times. 300 w/ slingshot
Deads = 410 x 5, also 410 x 5 with deficit. 460 x 1 (PR)
Squats = 320 x 1, 225 x 3x10. But really not much progress here.

Putting things into perspective, the past 4-5 months have been pretty stellar actually. I've just developed a sense of urgency and lack of patience. I need to get control of that.
This is really great progress. I'd be very pleased if this was my strength increase. And I'm basically hoping to do the same, focus on deads & bench strength over a slightly longer time period (6 mo vs 4) .

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Squats
5 x 95, 135, 175, 205, 235, 255, 270
1 x 300 (I just wanted to)

Fronts
3 x 185, 205, 215

Good mornings
8 x 185, 205, 215

Leg ext
3 x 10

Leg curls
3 x 10

Kb armbars
3 x each arm
(Shoulder prehab. Leg shoulder bugging)

Notes
Ribeye Steak and potatoes + sliders for dinner. Needed to get my cals up bad

Dude came over to my platform while I was moving weights from 205 to 225 and starts doing db raises then smiles and winks at me? I just about knocked him the F out. Ignored him and went back to squats. Bad form bro.

Wanted at least 3 x 5 @ 245 so I'm happy here.
If I can stick with it two squat days a week (volume and intensity) have always served me well.

Not sure how I'm gonna stay on top of deads.

Weight
But after coffee/breakfast
Felt lean, looked lean. Squat belt on 4th hole, so I am lean but after all I ate my gut should have been bloated

One of those days I struggled to motivate then had a great surprise session.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I love eating a lot of beef and lifting.
I like that more than being lean, sluggish, injury prone, moody, and less aggressive.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This is really great progress. I'd be very pleased if this was my strength increase. And I'm basically hoping to do the same, focus on deads & bench strength over a slightly longer time period (6 mo vs 4) .
The deads I'm stoked about.
I love turning 40 and breaking PRs.
The bench I'm mostly happy about, caught my old PRs so I'm knocking in the door.
The squats always being my biggest struggle are still quite a bit below PR territory but I know how to fix it. It's work, and it's hard work. I can't pussy foot around it, it's just hard and I have to do it.

But the more I think about it I can't imagine a scenario where I'm squatting 400 and not deadlifting 475+ so maybe switching my effort to squats will have the better carryover even though I love deads. They're just fun and I think I have the leverage, genetics, shape that favors deads over squats.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Squats
5 x 95, 135, 175, 205, 235, 255, 270
1 x 300 (I just wanted to)

Fronts
3 x 185, 205, 215

Good mornings
8 x 185, 205, 215

Leg ext
3 x 10

Leg curls
3 x 10

Kb armbars
3 x each arm
(Shoulder prehab. Leg shoulder bugging)

Notes
Ribeye Steak and potatoes + sliders for dinner. Needed to get my cals up bad

Dude came over to my platform while I was moving weights from 205 to 225 and starts doing db raises then smiles and winks at me? I just about knocked him the F out. Ignored him and went back to squats. Bad form bro.

Wanted at least 3 x 5 @ 245 so I'm happy here.
If I can stick with it two squat days a week (volume and intensity) have always served me well.

Not sure how I'm gonna stay on top of deads.

Weight
But after coffee/breakfast
Felt lean, looked lean. Squat belt on 4th hole, so I am lean but after all I ate my gut should have been bloated

One of those days I struggled to motivate then had a great surprise session.
I’m trying to picture this scenario: do you mean someone you don’t know just carried dbs onto your platform for the express reason of doing shoulder raises while staring at you? That would be really strange. I don’t even know that I would be angry as much as just baffled.

Also, you have made tremendous progress. 10% on bench, 20+% on deadlift, and ~8% on squats in less than half a year. That is the express lane for gains by any standard, beyond noob gains. You should be very pleased with the results your work has yielded! I have gone YEARS for 6lbs on benchpress before, with drugs. The higher you climb, the harder it gets, and progress is not linear. You can toil for 2 years, and then all of a sudden find the answer and things take off again.

Lastly, I really think you shoulder order some injectable L-Carnitine, and if you really want to throw some cash you could get some CJC with DAC and some Mk677. These are performance enhancers that will not require PCT, can be run for extended periods to increase recovery, and will get you experienced with pinning. The CJC & MK combo may not be right for you (pricey, mainly for bulking, can have side effects like lethargy or raising prolactin some), but you actively believe in L-Carnitine so it seems like a no-brainer way to actually make it work for you and improve your natural hormonal environment.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like no need to discuss Androhard doses, which is good. I think your current progress is awesome, and wouldn't mess with my HPTA unless being totally okay with the prospect of TRT for life.

Great progress man you shouldn't be worried about not progressing fast enough. The stall is probably a good thing because it will allow some of your connective tissue to catch up before you keep climbing in weights lifted. Your numbers have come up A LOT, and quickly!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’m trying to picture this scenario: do you mean someone you don’t know just carried dbs onto your platform for the express reason of doing shoulder raises while staring at you? That would be really strange. I don’t even know that I would be angry as much as just baffled.

Also, you have made tremendous progress. 10% on bench, 20+% on deadlift, and ~8% on squats in less than half a year. That is the express lane for gains by any standard, beyond noob gains. You should be very pleased with the results your work has yielded! I have gone YEARS for 6lbs on benchpress before, with drugs. The higher you climb, the harder it gets, and progress is not linear. You can toil for 2 years, and then all of a sudden find the answer and things take off again.

Lastly, I really think you shoulder order some injectable L-Carnitine, and if you really want to throw some cash you could get some CJC with DAC and some Mk677. These are performance enhancers that will not require PCT, can be run for extended periods to increase recovery, and will get you experienced with pinning. The CJC & MK combo may not be right for you (pricey, mainly for bulking, can have side effects like lethargy or raising prolactin some), but you actively believe in L-Carnitine so it seems like a no-brainer way to actually make it work for you and improve your natural hormonal environment.
I literally was walking from barbell, to plate rack which is mounted to the squat rack. Grabbing a 45 to throw on the barbell to make it 225. With plate in my hand, lifting it to the barbell the guy jumps on my platform and starts doing db raises then looks at me smiles and winks.... IDK how I attract this type of stuff. I'm pretty anti social in the gym. once my head phones go on I'm focused on what i'm doing for the next 60-90 minutes and keep to myself entirely. Another guy spent the last 2 weeks trying to sell me his supplements. He sees me deadlifting 400 and something and says "oh back day huh? right on man!".

Thank you for the suggestions on supps! I'm making a list to put together a plan.

I know you're right on the gains. I think I can get frustrated with myself when my maxes always end up at the same exact region so breaking through is always a monumental success.

Sounds like no need to discuss Androhard doses, which is good. I think your current progress is awesome, and wouldn't mess with my HPTA unless being totally okay with the prospect of TRT for life.

Great progress man you shouldn't be worried about not progressing fast enough. The stall is probably a good thing because it will allow some of your connective tissue to catch up before you keep climbing in weights lifted. Your numbers have come up A LOT, and quickly!
I appreciate everyone's comments and support. I agree with you in regards to connective tissue etc as well. it's always funny how when the body needs something, the brain knows what food to crave and where to get it. I knew I desperately needed fats this weekend. Suddenly my joints were sore, elbows a little burny at one point. scale says I grabbed a whopping 6lbs over the weekend. Did not drink any alcohol. and did not really eat more than maybe 2,000 calories over maintenance total the whole weekend but my body needed some nourishment badly. Usually I can see 6lbs of water retention in the mirror but everything seems to have stayed leaned out. Not sure how my gut measurement stayed down with all that food and water in me, that one is perplexing.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You have made tremendous progress lately and think that is because you finally switched up and committed more to powerlifting. Great progress across the board. I don't know what I would have done in the sit. Maybe laugh and tell him he is not my type LOL

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Warm up
DB curls, forward, lateral, bench

Bench
3 x 10 x 95
5 x 175, 200
3 x 10 x 210

SS
3 x 8 x 230

CGBP
20 x 135
12 x 155

DB curls
3 x 10 x 40s

Lateral raises
12 x 30s
2 x 10 x 35s

Hammer strength seated dips
12 x +190
2 x 10 x +230

Declines
12 x 135
10 x 165
8 x 185

Figured tens always build my squats. Why not toss them into bench. Saw Jesus on the last rep though. I think he spotted me a little.

Feeling thick and pumped. Great session. I love food.

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You will never have a better spotter !

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Have some nice shoulder doms today, feels good!

You have made tremendous progress lately and think that is because you finally switched up and committed more to powerlifting. Great progress across the board. I don't know what I would have done in the sit. Maybe laugh and tell him he is not my type LOL
haha yeah I think he was just a goofy dude. But I was in the zone and focused so at the moment I just wanted the dude to bugger off lol. What's funny is I go out of my way to make my rack available for someone who wants to work inbetween sets etc but once people start to drum up a conversation I get guarded because I know how fast a little bro talk can absolutely derail and ruin a workout....

You will never have a better spotter !
Amen!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Mondays session I was 190lbs
Had burgers friday, ribeye and sliders saturday, finished sliders sunday. made a pan of brownies friday night and finished them by Sunday.
This morning (weds) woke up at 184.6lbs which is basically back to my 5 month low lol. Been ramping up calories but I guess my body done used them all up.

As an experiment I did eat in surplus Fri-Mon. Lifted Fri, rest Sat, Lift Sun/Mon, rest Tues. I fasted from after dinner Monday until Dinner Tuesday. so the experiment is to see how lifting goes today. To see if Dinner + breakfast/snack/snack pre-workout ramps up my cals enough after fasting to get back in the game.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Mondays session I was 190lbs
Had burgers friday, ribeye and sliders saturday, finished sliders sunday. made a pan of brownies friday night and finished them by Sunday.
This morning (weds) woke up at 184.6lbs which is basically back to my 5 month low lol. Been ramping up calories but I guess my body done used them all up.

As an experiment I did eat in surplus Fri-Mon. Lifted Fri, rest Sat, Lift Sun/Mon, rest Tues. I fasted from after dinner Monday until Dinner Tuesday. so the experiment is to see how lifting goes today. To see if Dinner + breakfast/snack/snack pre-workout ramps up my cals enough after fasting to get back in the game.
Now my guess is if you go back to a weekly deficit and don’t keep porking down the treats, your body will start leaning again. Usually when I have a big reload type scenario with a surplus over 2-3 days, I will find my weight to soak it all up, and I will feel much better. But if I continue to eat more, I will get fatter right away, otherwise if I go back into the deficit it’s great because thyroid got stimulated back up to a higher maintenance.

Lyle McDonald has talked about your maintenance dropping within about 4 days of being at a deficit, and 1 day of refeed not being enough, but 2 consecutive days resetting the thyroid back up so you don’t just need to keep endlessly lowering calories. Calorie cycling 3-4 days down, 2 up.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lyle McDonald has talked about your maintenance dropping within about 4 days of being at a deficit, and 1 day of refeed not being enough, but 2 consecutive days resetting the thyroid back up so you don’t just need to keep endlessly lowering calories. Calorie cycling 3-4 days down, 2 up.
I mean if that works... that's like a big ol Christmas present for the 9-5'er power lifting. Being able to eat in surplus on the weekend, and just pick a day during the week to skip two meals and maintain a fast is about the easiest nutritional plan I've ever seen.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Warm up
Leg curls
BB RDLs, straight legged, power cleans, OHP

Deads
8 x 135
6 x 225, 275, 315, 365
7 x 405 (PR)

RDLs
8 x 315
16 x 225 (cardio!)

Barbell rows
3 x 10 x 155

DB curls
5 x 40, 45, 50

Ez bar curls
3 x 10-12

Lat pull downs
3 x 10
Building that Kleen back.

Notes

184.6lbs
Weight belt BARELY on 4th hole. Rode in in the 3 spot today.

Walked in planning on 365 x 3x5 (80% of previous PR)

But it felt so light I figured 405 x 7 is a 1 rep PR over my 2015 405 x 6. Soooo sue me.

I know we don't put a TON of emphasis on calculators but .. theoretically within 14lbs of my 500lb goal. At this point I might do it at 185 lol.

Idk what's going on but I was worried I'd be tired at the gym and once I got here my aggression and energy went through the roof.
Screenshot_2023-02-01-11-31-32-50_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you found a winning refeed solution for post fasted training! Also love the mention on the "Building that Kleen back"!!!

Congrats on the DL PR!!!! When I saw your 405 for 7 I immediately thought you are going to be over 500 soon. So that calculators is about right on. Who knows you could already be there. If not I bet with a deadlifting bar you would be.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you found a winning refeed solution for post fasted training! Also love the mention on the "Building that Kleen back"!!!

Congrats on the DL PR!!!! When I saw your 405 for 7 I immediately thought you are going to be over 500 soon. So that calculators is about right on. Who knows you could already be there. If not I bet with a deadlifting bar you would be.
Thanks man!! Yeah the bar at LA fitness is not great. I use liquid chalk and it was still slipping. we have one nice oly bar there but it was already being used. I don't use straps for conventional, I will use them for RDL's and accessories but never for a straight training pull since I believe in "practice as you compete" (even though I'm not competing anymore).

Dude if I had any more gas in the tank I would have thrown in some db rows or kroc rows too, I was literally thinking about your video the other day when I jumped on the lat pull downs lol. Just felt fantastic today. that 405 x 7 DID take it out of me though, which I'm going to take as a very good thing since I believe I really struggle to lift at RPE 9+ so I'm glad i pushed it. MAYBE had a few more reps in the tank if I wanted to put the bar down and reset but this was a nice nice training endeavor. I'm pumped!!!

I will admit this:
It makes me feel pretty douchey when I set up on a platform and start pulling 400+ for reps when the people on each side of me are pulling 95-135lbs and are obviously 30+lbs heavier than me, just out of shape lol.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks man!! Yeah the bar at LA fitness is not great. I use liquid chalk and it was still slipping. we have one nice oly bar there but it was already being used. I don't use straps for conventional, I will use them for RDL's and accessories but never for a straight training pull since I believe in "practice as you compete" (even though I'm not competing anymore).

Dude if I had any more gas in the tank I would have thrown in some db rows or kroc rows too, I was literally thinking about your video the other day when I jumped on the lat pull downs lol. Just felt fantastic today. that 405 x 7 DID take it out of me though, which I'm going to take as a very good thing since I believe I really struggle to lift at RPE 9+ so I'm glad i pushed it. MAYBE had a few more reps in the tank if I wanted to put the bar down and reset but this was a nice nice training endeavor. I'm pumped!!!

I will admit this:
It makes me feel pretty douchey when I set up on a platform and start pulling 400+ for reps when the people on each side of me are pulling 95-135lbs and are obviously 30+lbs heavier than me, just out of shape lol.
Be Proud!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I will admit this:
No Man, like @Rocket3015 said be proud. You are in there for you. If nothing else you are motivating them to do better. If they think you are a douche that is just from sipping the hater-aid, and is their problem. I would be there cheering you on to dig and get your hardest reps in. When i was pulling 405 for higher reps or doing 315x20 some would stop and stare, some bitch about the weight clanging, or some would cheer me on as I started really digging for reps. The ones staring or cheering me on were the real ones the rest weren't worthy of my attention. Either way I was there for me, and those who recognized that were the only ones worthy my time or consideration. It's your journey so they can either cheer you on, stop and stare, or pay you no mind. It doesn't really matter because unless cheering you on they don't have any effect on you reaching your goals.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice PR!

Something that really helped drive my deadlift was doing an AMRAP every 8-9 days, and not squatting heavy concurrently (~70-75% range and not as much volume). This was the 5th Set for powerlifting methodology.

Squat OR Deadlift will be set to 4x2 at 80% training 1RM, followed by 1xAMRAP (stop if form breaks any). The other lift will be kept at technical work of 5x3 at 75% of recent training max. You just add 5lbs a week to each for 5 weeks, then deload.

Then there is other backup assistance work. I realize that might be a little slow for you, but if you put it on a normal 7-day “week” schedule it becomes very aggressive, pulling a heavy deadlift AMRAP weekly.

Anyway, just to give you an idea, it can work very well - BUT, it is tough to recover from, and recovery is when you build, so you have to adjust training accordingly is the point. Protect your back health.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think my wife and I getting ready to join a Planet fitness. I just need the sauna and her the tanning beds. Can't beat it for 10$ a month

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think my wife and I getting ready to join a Planet fitness. I just need the sauna and her the tanning beds. Can't beat it for 10$ a month
Wife tans there all the time, but just FYI she said tanning isn’t part of the base $10 membership (here). That’s why I don’t have a membership; that would be the cheapest tanning pass anywhere if you get that!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wife tans there all the time, but just FYI she said tanning isn’t part of the base $10 membership (here). That’s why I don’t have a membership; that would be the cheapest tanning pass anywhere if you get that!
Thanks for clarification because that was our train of thought. We haven't looked into as of yet

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Black Card Membership $20 a month Unlimited, Tanning, Massage Chairs / Tables, Red Light Therapy and you can take a guest/spouse every time for free!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Black Card Membership $20 a month Unlimited, Tanning, Massage Chairs / Tables, Red Light Therapy and you can take a guest/spouse every time for free!
This, but I think it is 24.99 here or maybe that is around what it is after fees and such. Still not a bad deal for a gym, tanning massage chairs and the Infrared therapy.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This, but I think it is 24.99 here or maybe that is around what it is after fees and such. Still not a bad deal for a gym, tanning massage chairs and the Infrared therapy.
I think my wife has a deal through her insurance that she could get access to a handful of different places for one fee. She uses the PF for tanning sometimes, and cardio machines when in a cut since it’s closer than other places.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for clarification because that was our train of thought. We haven't looked into as of yet
My understanding is that some PF's are better than others. we had a PL style gym in Tacoma for $9.99 / month that sold out to PF and on the first day all the free weights and barbells were removed and replaced by machines. Now if they brought back these other perks it might be worth it lol. I think I'm paying $39/month now at LA fitness for "any club" so I go back and forth between the one local to my office and the Tacoma one. They have other stuff like pools, basketball etc but the weight rooms are solid and thats what was most important to me. real oly platforms etc.