TimberLakers M-Drol Massacre

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My pick definitely goes to Brock. As mentioned above, Randy's most deadly arsenal, the clinch/dirty boxing, first requires him to control his opponent. If we're talking ground game, Brock is no Kimbo who was like a turtle on his back. Brock has his highly decorated, Division ONE national championship wrestling background. I think Randy is the underdog in this fight and not due to talent. Randy is definitely more talented in MMA then Brock, but Brock is no clueless bull like some big men are and Brock's strength AND power (which are two different types of abilities) AND overall athleticism, compounded by the weight ratio, far exceed Randy's aforementioned abilities, which makes up for Brock's MMA talent deficit.

Brock is my subjective and objective pick. HOWEVER, Randy Couture is Randy Couture, the giant slayer and miracle worker. If Randy wins, I'll be surprised, but not shocked.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The only way Randy wins that fight is with a small joint submission... i.e. ankle - wrist... less likely would be a knee or arm bar - and it would be a sudden submission. Otherwise, he's going to get the sh*t beat out of him.
agreed.

Brock may have less overall MMA exp and not as well versed on the ground regarding BJJ and subs BUT the guy is a walking wall and a fast one at that, He moves just as fast on the ground too so any sub will have to be achieved VERY quickly before he can slip out.

I just think that with how his last match went that its not likely Randy will even get a chance, this man is a BEAST and a true heavy weight.... whats he fight at after refeeding? prob almost 280... if not more.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Ok, ok... maybe I am just a Randy fan. :)

Brock reminds me of Ivan Drago from Rocky IV... not so much in style as just the whole "I must break you" thing or whatever that line is.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Timber - You ever seen "Pumping Iron"?

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Hey Mullet... Why doesn't AM provide a little Canadian Flag for you guys under your Amspace logo? you should rock a maple leaf.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I have been a Brock fan since seeing his sheer power on WWF. Yes, I did watch wrasslin back in the day, but it even got too over the top for me. He is a maniac and I want to see him succeed. Not many people can walk away from multimillion dollar deals the way he did to challenge himself to be the best. I want to see him get payback on Frank Mir for that damn ankle lock when he had Frank almost beaten.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
thats like asking your pastor,"is the pope catholic?"
I dunno if Timber has seen it... honestly. Timber isn't a bodybuilder remember... he is a mixed martial artist. I am making him watch it over and over again though if he hasn't.

My favorite part is when Arnold is telling Lou Farrigno's family the breakfast before the olympia that he had called his mom the night before in Austria and told her that he already won. So much confidence. I f*ckin love it.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
I dunno if Timber has seen it... honestly. Timber isn't a bodybuilder remember... he is a mixed martial artist. I am making him watch it over and over again though if he hasn't.

My favorite part is when Arnold is telling Lou Farrigno's family the breakfast before the olympia that he had called his mom the night before in Austria and told her that he already won. So much confidence. I f*ckin love it.
true. its your duty as his friend to force that movie down his eyeballs.

favorite part: lou's training with his dad. "ARNOLD! ARNOLD! ARNOLD!"

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Ok, ok... maybe I am just a Randy fan. :)

Brock reminds me of Ivan Drago from Rocky IV... not so much in style as just the whole "I must break you" thing or whatever that line is.
Best Rocky of all.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Mullet... Why doesn't AM provide a little Canadian Flag for you guys under your Amspace logo? you should rock a maple leaf.
There most likely is one, I just don't know how to put it on there.

:lol:

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Best Rocky of all.
Yea, it definitely had the best training footage in it... those hanging situps stalone does in that barn or whatever looked just brutal.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
true. its your duty as his friend to force that movie down his eyeballs.

favorite part: lou's training with his dad. "ARNOLD! ARNOLD! ARNOLD!"
and his voice cracking, "i need mwar [squeek] weight! I'm gonna beat'em [squeek]! I'm gonna beat'em [squeek]!"

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey Timber, I've never used anything to battle lethargy from a supp, I've just dealt with it until the bitter end. I know Stims are a good option to combat lethargy, but what do you normally do for your M-Drol lethargy? I'm thinking of running JW again, but it's the lethargy that's holding me back.

I can only imaging JW lethargy compounded by Stim burn outs would pretty much mean I'm not waking up once I lay my head on a pillow. Whats your experience been like using Stims to combat PH lethargy?

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
hey Timber, I've never used anything to battle lethargy from a supp, I've just dealt with it until the bitter end. I know Stims are a good option to combat lethargy, but what do you normally do for your M-Drol lethargy? I'm thinking of running JW again, but it's the lethargy that's holding me back.

I can only imaging JW lethargy compounded by Stim burn outs would pretty much mean I'm not waking up once I lay my head on a pillow. Whats your experience been like using Stims to combat PH lethargy?
I stay completely away from stims for the cycle. I'll have coffee and diet soda, but other than that - nothing else.

I have the second two weeks off of work for my cycle - so if I'm lethargic - its not such a big deal this time around. Also, cabs help significantly.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
carbs and DHEA are your best friend on cycle to combat lethargy without raising BP further.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
carbs and DHEA are your best friend on cycle to combat lethargy without raising BP further.
I personally will be running DHEA when on cycle to combat lethargy.

No large amounts of caffeine with Mdrol, as BP becomes an issue.

Yea, I don't think lethargy will be an issue with week 1, week 2 we are both taking off work and will motivate each other to work out and eat like crazy, and week three... well I can deal with lethargy for a week.

Is Jungle Warfare that strong as to cause lethargy? What compound is it again? I didn't think ALRI made anything too hormonal anymore.

Edit: isn't the JW compound just divanil and something similar to ATD?

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I personally will be running DHEA when on cycle to combat lethargy.

No large amounts of caffeine with Mdrol, as BP becomes an issue.

Yea, I don't think lethargy will be an issue with week 1, week 2 we are both taking off work and will motivate each other to work out and eat like crazy, and week three... well I can deal with lethargy for a week.

Is Jungle Warfare that strong as to cause lethargy? What compound is it again? I didn't think ALRI made anything too hormonal anymore.

Edit: isn't the JW compound just divanil and something similar to ATD?
LOL theres ALOT about JW that isnt on the label....

Its acutally a fairly suppressive BUT weak steroid. And they marketed it as a test BOOSTER.... very sad day in ALRI's history when all this came to light.... you should do some major searchin for the threads and readin before you commence any JW run.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Just a quick pre-cycle update...

My legs have lost some considerable strength after I resumed heavy cardio and training... On 225, I'm down to about 4 or 5 reps down from 7 or 8 - and I haven't tried 275 since I stopped the cycle... The rest of my lifts feel as strong or stronger than when I finished the H-Drol run... This M-Drol cycle is not going to test fate with any super heavy leg lifting. I'm going to go for reps on 225 - hopefully get up to around 10 to 12. Should I get there, I'll evaluate going up a bit - but I highly doubt it.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Just a quick pre-cycle update...

My legs have lost some considerable strength after I resumed heavy cardio and training... On 225, I'm down to about 4 or 5 reps down from 7 or 8 - and I haven't tried 275 since I stopped the cycle... The rest of my lifts feel as strong or stronger than when I finished the H-Drol run... This M-Drol cycle is not going to test fate with any super heavy leg lifting. I'm going to go for reps on 225 - hopefully get up to around 10 to 12. Should I get there, I'll evaluate going up a bit - but I highly doubt it.
I think you will manage that. You're gonna watch pumping iron for the first time and decide to go for 315.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
The thing about Arnold is that he maintained the "human" side of things while still being absolutely massive. He didn't look like some genetic experiment gone wrong, he looked like the most yoked dude in the world. And at the time he was. His attitude, charisma, humor, and overall good nature has made him by far the most influential bodybuilder of all time, he is the epitome of the "line drawn in the sand". He is and will always remain my absolute favorite.

I could talk in my Arnold voice and quote the guy all day long... I just don't tire of it.

"I am not in the race for governor of California for the money. I already have enough money."
-Arnold Schwarzenegger when interviewed prior to his election as governor of the state of California.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking forward to watching it. Wasn't avoiding the movie by any stretch, just never had the opportunity. I think Arnold looked incredible in his prime...

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm looking forward to watching it. Wasn't avoiding the movie by any stretch, just never had the opportunity. I think Arnold looked incredible in his prime...
The old man doesn't look so bad right now!!

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
The old man doesn't look so bad right now!!
Haha, I seem to remember some beach pictures of him a few years ago that were absolutely awful... Granted, he's getting up there in age, but that's quite a fall from grace.

Looks like he's tightened up again lately though.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Haha, I seem to remember some beach pictures of him a few years ago that were absolutely awful... Granted, he's getting up there in age, but that's quite a fall from grace.

Looks like he's tightened up again lately though.
First off, between public appearances and actual personal and governmental work, I doubt he has quite the amount of time to train as he did in the 1970's. lol.

It's tough to judge someone from paparazzi photos though... but yea, it looked like he fell off... Probably lit a fire under his 50+ year old ass.

Compared to most of the guys he competed with, he is doing quite well. Run injectable testosterone and Dbol for 20 something years... see if you look as good as Arnold does now.

I think one of the more amazing things Arnold did was slowly drop his mass through the 80's. He stayed yoked, but just shed the excess weight correctly and has aged really pretty well considering because of this slow drop in bodyweight.

I just pray to god he doesn't try to have a serious role in Terminator 4.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
The best there ever was homie. Still the most proportionate/evenly built bodybuilder to this day. He had 0 flaws at his peak. I consider being too big for your frame to be a flaw as well. IE Jay Cutler.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
First off, between public appearances and actual personal and governmental work, I doubt he has quite the amount of time to train as he did in the 1970's. lol.

It's tough to judge someone from paparazzi photos though... but yea, it looked like he fell off... Probably lit a fire under his 50+ year old ass.

Compared to most of the guys he competed with, he is doing quite well. Run injectable testosterone and Dbol for 20 something years... see if you look as good as Arnold does now.

I think one of the more amazing things Arnold did was slowly drop his mass through the 80's. He stayed yoked, but just shed the excess weight correctly and has aged really pretty well considering because of this slow drop in bodyweight.

I just pray to god he doesn't try to have a serious role in Terminator 4.
Definitely not hatin... Just must be tough to age in general - let alone having the best body in the world - then deteriorating to what he was in those sexy Speedo shots.

I agree on Cutler. He looks retarded.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Overall, I think Arnold had one of the most attractive physiques of all. I personally think his legs could have been a little bigger. He was considered tall for a bodybuilder.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
First logged workout. Felt great once I got going. Must say the cut has been getting to me on an energy level - not necessarily the lower calories - just the hard heavy lift sessions and combined cardio 5 to 6 days a week takes a toll. Will be nice to switch it up for awhile. Also discontinuing ECA after 4 more doses (2 mornings, 2 middays)... I believe that is contributing to my overall energy level as the effects taper off. I'm still getting some great thermogenic effects, but the energy level is all but unaffected.

Also gradually upping my carbohydrate intake... Was probably in the neighborhood of 100 to 150 for the past few weeks, which is pretty low for me. (perhaps 2 to 4 slices of bread, one banana, small serving of noodles per day max)...

Shoulder Day

Hammerstrength Military
12*100, 12*150, 10*200, 10*190, 10*170, 10*150, 14*120

Standing Vertical Row
12*85, 11*85, 10*85, 12*65

Seated Lateral Raise (Straight Arm)
12*20, 10*20, 12*15

Standing Vertical Raise
12*20
Just testing the waters here to see if I want to add this to the rotation in lieu of plate raises for awhile.

Standing DB Shrug
3*20*110

Standing Plate Raise
12, 12, 12

30 Minutes of Cardio
Treadmill, light shadow punching

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Overall, I think Arnold had one of the most attractive physiques of all. I personally think his legs could have been a little bigger. He was considered tall for a bodybuilder.
He just has a great look. Huge pecs and back - look incredibly full and vasular without having nasty overpronounced veins. Some of these guys today... you can tell they work hard, I jus think their physique goes beyond the realm of what's attractive and healthy looking... but then again, it pays the bills and that's what people want to see. More power to them.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I pre-shot my wod on this one. I should read more carefully, you said first "logged" work out and I took that as first day of M-Drol.

Last edited:
AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree T, that's what the game calls for today.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! Probably my favorite exercise these days.
I use that machine often at the end of my shoulder workouts to do widowmakers with... my shoulders look like I inflated them when I am done... good machine.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use that machine often at the end of my shoulder workouts to do widowmakers with... my shoulders look like I inflated them when I am done... good machine.
You do widowmakers (20-rep sets) on shoulder presses? So do I. I don't know if you have noticed lately, but in my routine I have created widowmaker type sets on my lighter weight backing off sets on all types of exercises. This has upped the intensity greatly. And it is definitely affecting the shape of my muscles. My delts are getting rounder (thank Odin) and my biceps' peaks are coming in nicely now. My quads are larger and more defined from widowmaker type Machine Squats and Leg Extensions. I'm addicted to 'em!!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Friday is right around the proverbial corner brother!! Are you getting excited yet??!! I'm getting excited for you and G-Money both. It's time for you warriors to start banging your heads against the wall and slapping yourselves in the jaw before doing your sets. Time to getting fukkin' psyched!! :fool2::aargh::twisted:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Friday is right around the proverbial corner brother!! Are you getting excited yet??!! I'm getting excited for you and G-Money both. It's time for you warriors to start banging your heads against the wall and slapping yourselves in the jaw before doing your sets. Time to getting fukkin' psyched!! :fool2::aargh::twisted:
But I already do that... :think:

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. I already amp myself up without the sauce. So, this should be fun I take it... :lol:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't wait to see these boys grow right before our eyes!! BooYah

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I just bought a 3.5 pound pork roast for another Pork N Kraut crockpot adventure... All signaling the beginning of my M-Drol run. Of course this time it will include some brown rice.

Also got a couple loafs of wheat bread, natty PB, bananas, whole wheat and sweet potato gnocci, and about 4 dozen eggs...

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn!! :eek: youve stocked up a lot of food! Excited to see this thing kick off!