Thoughts On Black Op's?

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whos got it, and is it a ****ing sniper freenzy?

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
I've been forcing myself not to buy it. I feel like I haven't gotten enough play out of Halo: Reach yet.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been forcing myself not to buy it. I feel like I haven't gotten enough play out of Halo: Reach yet.
I was on MW2, enough said! havent played the reach yet...

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
I was addicted to MW2 until Reach came out (I've always been a big Halo fan...in fact I'm playing it right now). I'll probably get Black Ops within the next couple weeks...though I'm really anticipating MW3 which is apparently in development.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
its pretty good. not mw2 good though. my biggest complaint is that it takes a lot of bullets to kill people. i can see myself going back to mw2 soon though

Fanboy

Fanboy

Awards
I liked the campaign mode, and I liked it a lot. I never got an opportunity to play the online mode :( and I really wanted to play the zombies part too

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
its pretty good. not mw2 good though. my biggest complaint is that it takes a lot of bullets to kill people. i can see myself going back to mw2 soon though
This^^ is why I started Medal Of Honor.. you have to shot the guy, and one round of a 50Cal you watch the guy explode..lol

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bought it for the campaign mode only, given that it is one of a few 3D games available. I have a feeling 3D would be terrible in multiplayer, ha!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
All I'm playing in multiplayer is Uncharted 2 and Battlefield 1943. I heard Black Ops was a huge let down so I didn't even bother with that or MoH.

The only single player game I'm playing now is Borderlands.

The only games I jump on quick are multiplayer games that I know will be popular, otherwise I'll wait until they're cheap. I bounce back and forth with games. Takes me forever to beat them 'cause I rarely play anything other than multiplayer.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
All I'm playing in multiplayer is Uncharted 2 and Battlefield 1943. I heard Black Ops was a huge let down so I didn't even bother with that or MoH.

The only games I jump on quick are multiplayer games that I know will be popular, otherwise I'll wait until they're cheap. I bounce back and forth with games. Takes me forever to beat them 'cause I rarely play anything other than multiplayer.
I've sold about 100 copies and so far have yet to have anyone say it was terrible...dunno but that just from my end.

I've yet to play it. Is there a verses mode?

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I've sold about 100 copies and so far have yet to have anyone say it was terrible...dunno but that just from my end.

I've yet to play it. Is there a verses mode?
Irish! your playing? Ahh ****tttttttttttttttttt

MoH is far from a let down.. online you get 5 freaking maps so it gets olds, but the game is hands down awesome IMO..

I havent heard anything bad about Black ops yet either, but then again its coming form the guys in the office that are bugging me to buy the dame thing.

Mullet; I had no idea it was a 3d game... do you have one of those new 3d TV's? if so please do tell on how you like it:D

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I'm liking it. I'm a big fan of the whole CoD series.

I finished single player....pretty badass. Lots of action sequences that you are involved in, not just fire fights.

Multiplayer, I'm getting used too. So far doesn't seem to be like a sniper fest. I was getting bored real quick with MoH because of that. Blk op's multiplayer has a little bit of past CoD feel to it (pre-MW2).

Too me, the game is worth it.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
one thing it wont do is be comparible to mw2 only in title maybe
but they were made by two different companies
and infinity ward hit gold with mw2
it was one of the greatest video games of all time... i know im sounding like a fan ( i am ) but it really is one of the best games and most people who disagree are the ones that cant play it

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
one thing it wont do is be comparible to mw2 only in title maybe
but they were made by two different companies
and infinity ward hit gold with mw2
it was one of the greatest video games of all time... i know im sounding like a fan ( i am ) but it really is one of the best games and most people who disagree are the ones that cant play it
eh I hated mw2 b/c of the lack of physics. Sniper fests = teh suck. IMO bfbc2 > mw2 :study:

I got black ops. I like it enough to stop playing bfbc2.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Bfbc2=mw2 ownage. Mw2 got gay with all the glitches and boosters.

Black ops is OK. It has some novelty but it gets old after a day or so. Mw2 I was playing crazy when I got it, black ops...not so much.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bought it for my PS3 but haven't played it yet. I'm still into playing BBC2 and BF 1943 right now. The BBC series has the best multiplayer I've played in a first person shooter.

Hopefully I get around to playing it tomorrow night; I hear it's a pretty big bust, though.

I'm looking forward to the BBC2 Vietnam release. :D

-John

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
note: i still haven't opened halo reach or red dead redemption, despite the fact that I bought both on their release dates.

btw the idea of someone getting angry while on tren and playing fps is hilarious to me.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
that would be the only problem with mw2 to me is the nuke boosting, I hate when im raping and then the next match 2 people sign in and you never see em the whole match 5 minutes in they got a tactical nuke with one death, I hope infinity ward figures a way around letting people do this before they come out with a new one

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im still stuck playing Call of Duty 3 once in a while on 360, lol

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I loved MW2 but heard Black Ops has major problems with their net code on PC and that even with dedicated servers there's a big lag issue. It sounds like this game was rushed and as usual Infinity Ward just wants $$ and doesn't care about releasing a finished game. So i'm holding back on buying it until they polish it.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Infinity ward didn't make this game, treyarch did.

I agree with the unfinished game...they should release a game every 2 years not every year. Power of the dollar I guess.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Infinity ward didn't make this game, treyarch did.

I agree with the unfinished game...they should release a game every 2 years not every year. Power of the dollar I guess.
ok my bad about that

i got so pissed off at IW for MW2 that I have a lot of anger and i want to blame everything on them

MW2 was sweet but between lag, hackers, boosters, it was just so frigging broken so much of the time it drove me crazy.

I would get SO mad playing MW2 it was like actual roidrage

I thought the new one was also IW because it seems to be following in its footsteps... already looks broken and desperately in need of patching.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Irish! your playing? Ahh ****tttttttttttttttttt

MoH is far from a let down.. online you get 5 freaking maps so it gets olds, but the game is hands down awesome IMO..

I havent heard anything bad about Black ops yet either, but then again its coming form the guys in the office that are bugging me to buy the dame thing.

Mullet; I had no idea it was a 3d game... do you have one of those new 3d TV's? if so please do tell on how you like it:D
I do. I have the Panasonic TCP54VT25, which Consumer Reports rated the best HDTV ever (aside from the standard exception, the Pioneer Kuro). It had better be, given the cost!

At any rate, the 3D effect is phenomenal. There is no "cross-talk" with fast moving objects, the imaging is crisp and clear, and the set is true enough to colors that the polarizing glasses do not dampen the picture.

I would recommend it, though I am not adverse to spending a small fortune on a home theater system.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I finally played "Black Ops." My impressions......eh.....

It's not that bad of a game, but you can certainly tell this game was rushed to the market. The online game is a far cry from what BBC2 has been able to put together.

-John

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I finally played "Black Ops." My impressions......eh.....

It's not that bad of a game, but you can certainly tell this game was rushed to the market. The online game is a far cry from what BBC2 has been able to put together.

-John
Thanks for the input John!... I will say I was able to pick up Halo Reach for 25$...Im really not a halo fan but for the price, i was like well;why not..graphics are beyond sick!

I think i may hold out for mw3! or if theres a good deal on Friday i may pick up the Op's:D

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Black Friday all new games will be 35 bucks at wal mart.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Black Friday all new games will be 35 bucks at wal mart.
Man, you need some back up trying to fight the people off in walmart on black friday! Im to little to take the job on solo!.hahahaha:D

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
lol for 25 bucks I'll sleep in.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Played it tonight for the first time. I used to and still do a lot of gaming PC and console. Black Ops for me...

Main thing is same controls. You Halo guys kill me with different control layout every game!

Kill streaks are WAY less dominating. I don't have to worry about every moment being gunned down by an attack heli.

Leveling system is SIC! Best improvement. You ear "money" as you go to buy the add ons rather that forcing you to play for alot of time (trying to hit 100 kills with ACOG) or some stuff like that. The guns still only unlock at certain levels.

The player customization is great as well as clan tag and custom camo, BUT it seems the graphics took a hit maybe due to more focus on this. Lacks depth to me. Check out Nuke Town, very "cartoonish" i think.

As far as kills, it may take another round or 2 but it's HARDLY noticeable. I
still put people down with 2-3 M16 burst to the body.

Shotgun and handguns have been weakened, in range and damage.

Added some interesting kill streaks, NO NUKE! which is great.

The way the game has been set-up really leaves no need for boosting, this is a plus. I played for 5-6 hours and not one set of boosters.

Treyarch said they wanted to focus on making the gaming experience equal to pros and rookies the best they could. It's not that you can be an idiot and level but it won't take hours amongst hours to get your AK-47.
You basically are able to focus on your style of play.
I hear the campaign mode is way better in Black Ops.

I vote buy, play, enjoy. It was a bit over hyped though.

It's still a toss up to me on which is better...

I.A.O.

Awards
I was so burned on MW2 that I was looking forward to Black Ops. Didn't buy it though, rented it the day it was released. Wore out the multiplayer, rented it a second time (total of 10 days) and was tired of it. It would be nice to play occasionally at this point but not for $60. That's what Christmas is for...

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Down here in FL that's the way it was. Picked up assassin's creed BH for 35
man, they did **** weird this year, i had them scan black ops at three different stores, all came up 59.99... but you could ave bought halo reach for 30$! makes zero sense.. I'm just made because i paid 60 for it about 3 weeks ago..:lol:

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
man, they did **** weird this year, i had them scan black ops at three different stores, all came up 59.99... but you could ave bought halo reach for 30$! makes zero sense.. I'm just made because i paid 60 for it about 3 weeks ago..:lol:
Lol, I would have sold you mine

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
i really don't like killing zombies as kennedy.

adtrm4

adtrm4

Awards
It's okay. I still would choose COD4 over it any day though.

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
Just beat it on Veteran tonight... Killing zombies as Kennedy was hilarious, but his voice got annoying real fast. Have yet to test multiplayer yet...

Campaign mode is longer than MW2 I think... and there were some bugs that made some levels rather impossible (such as the tank level when you somehow get ahead of your militia and end up out in front w/ no protection in a absurdly slow AATRAC or something)...

I was expecting some more covert missions due to the title's name... but it's like... 95% action/shoot everything... which sort of upset me.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
The best additions :
1.The diving when running + holding crouch = priceless, hope infinity ward steals this addition for the new mw
2. being able to have warlord pro ( bling ) along with marathon and lightweight
3. being able to have two types of nades and a special equiptment
4. customization

The worst things:
1.Graphics :( = WTF, you guys are walking backwards.
2. 11 killstreak - attack dogs = WTF WTF WTF, glad the nuke is gone but WTF
3. Giving a sniper a camera spike, wait till the snipers shift from mw2 the camera spike is going to give them 30 and 0 im telling you + the decoy
4. WTF is up with the sizes of these maps, they are huge but once you learn em you realize there is hardly anywhere to roam
5. the friendly claymore activation in zombies, whats up with your teammate tripping your claymor = gay
6. two player, no unlimited time for free for all, ive had to play domination with my cuz to learn the maps wtf

now the golden egg
what makes black ops worthy of having a price over 20 bucks

ZOMBIES

me and my cuz made it to round 24 the other day in the kin der toten or whatever map
We only upgraded our weapons once a peice
He upgraded the thunder gun to the zeus cannon
and i upgraded a light machine gun
we manned up with claymores and monkeys at the very back of the map and just went at it for like an hour and a half straight

i plan on beating this after i seen the youtube video of a guy on round 74 by hiself with no ammo
WTF

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually just picked up "Medal of Honor" for my xbox 360. I like the gameplay and overall online play WAY better than "Black Ops."

-John

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
I actually just picked up "Medal of Honor" for my xbox 360. I like the gameplay and overall online play WAY better than "Black Ops."

-John
oohh truama i always respect what you have to say when it comes to supps etc but moh is garbage. i played it for an hour and gave it to my buddy to give to his kids. as for black ops its so-so in my book

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oohh truama i always respect what you have to say when it comes to supps etc but moh is garbage. i played it for an hour and gave it to my buddy to give to his kids. as for black ops its so-so in my book
It's not perfect by any means, but still better than black ops in my book. Either way, they both suck when compared to BBC2.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
It's not perfect by any means, but still better than black ops in my book. Either way, they both suck when compared to BBC2.
bbc2?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
who is 360 and who is PS? I have black ops but it did get old pretty fast. I never played any of the MOH games so I might pick it up and give it a try next.