sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've been getting 8-9 hours of sleep with it, which is very out of character for me. I'm generally a 6-8 hours of sleep type of person. I was sort of wondering if I'm just groggy because I needed the sleep or overslept! Thankfully the feeling doesn't last more than an hour or so, the sleep is worth it.

As far as pepti, between it and PEA relief, all of my minor aches and pains are incredibly manageable. I think this starts week 3 on Pepti-plex for me, very eager to see how this continues. Like you said, the little things just kind of went away, stiff back/neck, daily arthritis pains in my toes, etc. Mildly incredible. I have a close friend from the military that developed Type 1 Diabetes, and recently began struggles with fibromyalgia (he's only 31), I told him to look into these as well and see if it's something that wouldn't affect him negatively. Very healthy and fit individual, I just don't know how these may affect his medications or anything.
I have Fibromyalgia and another autoimmune condition myself, so I can relate to the aches and pains. I'm sorry to hear that that is happening to him. I do think that that stack of Pepti-Plex and PEA Relief would be great for him, I know it has been for me.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have Fibromyalgia and another autoimmune condition myself, so I can relate to the aches and pains. I'm sorry to hear that that is happening to him. I do think that that stack of Pepti-Plex and PEA Relief would be great for him, I know it has been for me.
I appreciate that, just reached out to him to mention this.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I appreciate that, just reached out to him to mention this.
If you happen to have my personal contact info, you're welcome to give it to him. If you don't, you're welcome to message me for it. In my life outside of supplements, I do a lot of volunteer work with people that have autoimmune conditions bc I know how bad and life changing they can be.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is a combo I'm looking forward to testing out. Have been running Pepti-Plex as you know, and it's been one of the best supplements I think I've used in a long time. So with PEA relief on top, just might be the dual threat combo we all need!

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
4/3/2024

Not feeling super hot today, but thought I'd go into the gym and see what I could do.

Squats
6 sets of 5 up to 335, 1 at 370
bench
10 sets of 5 at 210

That's about all I could get through, super bloated and uncomfortable, almost couldn't clasp the buckle on my belt for my top squat.

Completely different note, anyone reading this use "Ursa-Gel?" When I apply it, it like balls up and sloughs off, I have to dab off the bits with a moist paper towel so it doesn't look like my skin is falling off. Wondering if that's normal.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
4/3/2024

Not feeling super hot today, but thought I'd go into the gym and see what I could do.

Squats
6 sets of 5 up to 335, 1 at 370
bench
10 sets of 5 at 210

That's about all I could get through, super bloated and uncomfortable, almost couldn't clasp the buckle on my belt for my top squat.

Completely different note, anyone reading this use "Ursa-Gel?" When I apply it, it like balls up and sloughs off, I have to dab off the bits with a moist paper towel so it doesn't look like my skin is falling off. Wondering if that's normal.
You're rubbing it in too thoroughly, which is a common mistake.

Shake the bottle before each use - and then apply 1 ml and rub in gently, careful not to overdo it.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You're rubbing it in too thoroughly, which is a common mistake.

Shake the bottle before each use - and then apply 1 ml and rub in gently, careful not to overdo it.
I'll give a nice smear a shot instead of rubbing it in

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’ll second that you have to not rub it in so much or yeah it balls up. When I use the XPG alpha gel I tend to run a razor over my traps shoulder area in the shower and then apply after the shower. Then I go shirtless 3-5 minutes and dried and go to rock and roll.

hope the bloat goes away and you get to feeling on the up and up!

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’ll second that you have to not rub it in so much or yeah it balls up. When I use the XPG alpha gel I tend to run a razor over my traps shoulder area in the shower and then apply after the shower. Then I go shirtless 3-5 minutes and dried and go to rock and roll.

hope the bloat goes away and you get to feeling on the up and up!
Thanks dude, just some gut reactions to stressors. Just need to make it to June 😤

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, it took a bit to get used to vs other topicals. But just think about it more like doing a light paint coat / skim coat vs rubbing in like a lotion.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, it took a bit to get used to vs other topicals. But just think about it more like doing a light paint coat / skim coat vs rubbing in like a lotion.
Haha, I've been picturing using it like a coat of paint... I saw someone somewhere was using it on the tops of their feet, so I'm going with that. I got Alpha too because it was a killer deal, but that ones as simple as rubbing on and it's dry in like 30sec.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Haha, I've been picturing using it like a coat of paint... I saw someone somewhere was using it on the tops of their feet, so I'm going with that. I got Alpha too because it was a killer deal, but that ones as simple as rubbing on and it's dry in like 30sec.
That's something really unique and cool about the XPG products is that they use the Avant Labs carrier system and then each product carrier is customized and optimized based on the active ingredients to ensure maximum effects.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I can't remember if I used Steves ursa gel or not, but I've used most of the other xpg products. tops of feet are solid real estate for TDs. I always throw my TD on either right after the shower and let it air dry while I'm getting dressed, or if it's at night before bed i put it on my feet. Alpha Gel is AWESOME.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
4/4/24

weight 215.6

No lifts today! Just wanted to log my weight mostly. My realtor sent someone by to measure my house at a 2 hours notice, running around making sure my paraphernalia (dry herb vape, grinder, etc.) and stuff is all hidden out of sight 😂 She only measured the outside of the house and upstairs, I was impressed how quickly she did it with this neat little laser range finder.

Figured out Ursa-Gel, squirt right onto top of each foot, one chance at a good smear, leave it alone, then do beard and other post shower things. Alpha doesn't smell as funny so it gets each inner arm, nbd.

Feeling great today though, ate well yesterday, been eating well today and drank some kratom around noon (I drink 5g tea 1-2x per week). Didn't smoke or drink anything but water yesterday and had some gnarly anxiety in the evening, but doubled down on maintaining wellness and took my PM supps an hour early and it got better. Depending on my evening, probably knock out this weeks deadlift party tomorrow, feeling the motivation at the moment.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Another thing to add, I'm seriously looking at that 198lb weight class for when I can start considering competing again. 231lb would have some monster dudes, and I can apparently drop quite a bit of weight and maintain my strength. ORRR I go on a year long bulk to 240 and cut to 230 for comp :cool: (I'm not doing that. I can see my abs and I like them)

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
At some point you will be officially single again; you wanna stay 198 for a while.
Lol it'd take some heavy dieting and supplementation to get sub 200 and maintain any semblance of the strength I have. 20ish pounds.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Lol it'd take some heavy dieting and supplementation to get sub 200 and maintain any semblance of the strength I have. 20ish pounds.
Once officially single, you have some nice inspiration in your area down there though haha.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
lol I was speaking weightclass- centric, not true weight. Like 210 walking weight.

A fair point 🤣 I'm looking at moving to the Asheville area too. I'd be lying if I said it weren't based on strongman/powerlifting gym prevalence
^Man’s got his priorities right

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
... oh... 🤣
Like, if you want to win in 231 you better be 245 with abs if you want to fit in with the top guys. 231 is basically the top weight class for guys under 6 feet, so everyone has to get lean & jacked as possible and then watercut from there.

And then some kid who just played d1 college sports and probably doesn’t even take steroids will come in and sweep the contest on pure God-given talent. But everyone else will be jacked up lol

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Like, if you want to win in 231 you better be 245 with abs if you want to fit in with the top guys. 231 is basically the top weight class for guys under 6 feet, so everyone has to get lean & jacked as possible and then watercut from there.

And then some kid who just played d1 college sports and probably doesn’t even take steroids will come in and sweep the contest on pure God-given talent. But everyone else will be jacked up lol
Oh totally, I make a similar comparison when I tell people my qualms with my weight, the weight classes, and what people ACTUALLY weigh before weigh in day. There's some BIG sum bitches competing at 231, and I'm just not built like that. My body wants to ride at 180-190 naturally.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There's some BIG sum bitches competing at 231, and I'm just not built like that. My body wants to ride at 180-190 naturally.
183 for many years, my body always just came back to it under all circumstances.
now it's 193 lol. although that's after 18 months of strength focused growth etc and a lot more food lol

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
183 for many years, my body always just came back to it under all circumstances.
now it's 193 lol. although that's after 18 months of strength focused growth etc and a lot more food lol
Yeah, I'm riding out the most lean 215 I've seen right now, I think it's pretty stress related, but I'm eating pretty well and under heavy supplementation. Just working on maintaining everything in life now until I can find a status quo again.

I'll actually be over in your area in May for a week, up in the Everett area. Haven't been that way to see family in 2.5 years, probably about time.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'll actually be over in your area in May for a week, up in the Everett area. Haven't been that way to see family in 2.5 years, probably about time.
I'm headed to Vegas in May for a tradeshow and then trying to get to your area to visit a customers new site 😅

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
3/28/24

Main - OHP (strict)
  • 5 x 70lb
  • 5 x 85
  • 5 x 105
  • 5 x 135
  • 5 x 155
  • 2 x 170
Supplemental - Log press and clean
  • 8 x 5 @ 140
Assistance
  • Face Pull 5 x 10 @ 75
  • Floor Press 35 x 10 @155lb
Other Stuff
  • Pull Ups 5x5
  • Weighted crunch 5 x 30 @ 150lb
  • Back Extensions 5x10 @ 45lb
Time 1hr10min
Weight 211.4

Felt great until I got to the gym, about halfway through OHP started feeling weak and strained. Of course, I pushed through and feel worse now lol. Weight is inexplicably down, I've been eating well, and a lot, and I'm very hydrated. Maybe I just had a really good poop this morning... Anyway, onwards and upwards, need to get back to tracking meals to keep myself consistent.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
All questions answered, had waves of chills come over me and now I feel like ass. Here we go

Edit: I see the miscommunication, I was referencing my inability to perform in the gym today.

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
All questions answered, had waves of chills come over me and now I feel like ass. Here we go
Pm sent. Hope everything is okay.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
4/8/24

Main - Squat
  • 5 x 155lb
  • 5 x 195
  • 5 x 265
  • 5 x 315
  • 5 x 335
  • 3 x 370
Supplemental - Bench
  • 10 x 5 @ 210
Assistance
  • cable rows 5x10 220
  • Single arm tricep extensions 5x10 30lb
Abs/Legs
  • Leg Press 5x10 885lb
  • calf press 2x25 1005
Time - 1hr 12min
Weight - 214.6

Oof! Really had to dig deep to finish the bench! I'm pretty happy that my weight is still down nearly 10lb from a month+ ago but I'm still lifting the same weights. How that happened is another story. Finished my tub of Karbolyn today as well as PEA relief, time to drop some money it looks like.

Also, I squished my fingers reracking 45s :cry:

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Also, I squished my fingers reracking 45s
isn't that funny though after all the weight you moved?
It's like how there's no weight heavier in the world than the 45s you have to unrack from a barbell after a PR deadlift 😅😅
when I was xfit'ing I thought barbell jacks were sacrilegious, now I am pissed every gym doesn't have them 😅

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It's like how there's no weight heavier in the world than the 45s you have to unrack from a barbell after a PR deadlift 😅😅
when I was xfit'ing I thought barbell jacks were sacrilegious, now I am pissed every gym doesn't have them 😅
It's kind of like how most injuries are caused by lower weights - and people racking them or just grabbing them up and getting injured bc of not bracing or preparing correctly like we would for a lift.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's like how there's no weight heavier in the world than the 45s you have to unrack from a barbell after a PR deadlift
when I was xfit'ing I thought barbell jacks were sacrilegious, now I am pissed every gym doesn't have them
Gotta roll the inside plate near the collar onto a chip homie. You can do that anywhere to jack one end up quick.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Gotta roll the inside plate near the collar onto a chip homie. You can do that anywhere to jack one end up quick.
thats exactly why I keep a 5# beside my platform when I'm pulling 😅😅
and if I'm down to 225 on the way down, I'll usually just set that last rep on the rack and unrack manually that way 😅

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I had to buy my own jack for my gym lol. Just a stupid little single side one, unrack an entire side, stand the whole damn thing up so it unracks on the ground, then pull the bar out like it's Excalibur.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm a huge mushroom person, about a year ago I provided some consultation to a local dude who was trying to start a mushroom farm, but wasn't doing too hot. Woke up to this box on my doorstep this morning with an awesome thank you text!

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Protein for days...

That's a cup of oyster mushrooms sauteed in garlic and ghee, 2 full eggs, 4 egg whites, 3 Kodiak protein pancakes (made with milk and egg) with a tablespoon peanut butter between each, cup of spinach, feta, and .33lb pork tenderloin. Macrofactor says only 960cal. Get it

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man, I have been missing out on your log. Don't have time to read back too far but caught up on the last 2 pages. Some good looking food and training in here!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm cutting hard and I'm gonna have to unsubscribe to this thread with all the food talk going on lol :ROFLMAO:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
the food pr0n always pops up around here on my fasting days 😅
I've only talked to a couple people on here privately about the cut I'm doing now. I haven't posted the details about it bc its not the 'smart' way to do it or a way that I would recommend anyone else do it. It's extreme extreme - both in terms of fat loss supplements and the diet itself.

I'd let myself gain a lot of fat back after slacking off after Thanksgiving and it was really affecting me mentally. Then I had a really bad family situation I'm dealing with, and mentally I hit the point where I have to get this fat off now - it almost became more of a mental health issue and anxiety trigger if that makes sense.

All my life, I've been a depression eater. And I can't do that right now with this situation bc I had already gained so much fat it was really affecting me mentally. But I know me and know I can't do a prolonged gradual 'smart' cut bc I will screw it up and eat bc of the stress I'm under. So instead, I'm doing an extreme - feel like walking death type of cut haha.