Thor's Thunder: Electrake's Epic Training Tales

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Here's a few shares from a brief hike yesterday, 6.5miles in and stayed for the night. Literally walked out my door and down to the trailhead, amazing. Did a bit of fly fishing with a tenkara rod, caught a few small rainbow trout barely big enough to stink up the frying pan. They'll do a big stock of the river systems in this area in 2 weeks. This is my happy place. Then I had to come home this morning and restack 2 tons of wood pellet bags.

A note on manual labor and my recent supplement changes, since adding in PEA Relief, I've been noticing that I DON'T notice very small aches and pains I'd grown accustomed to. Stiff neck in the morning, soreness from stacking pellets, even arthritis pains in my feet.
View attachment 240629View attachment 240630View attachment 240631
Oh hell yeah I’d be there every weekend!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Also echo on the PEA relief.

one of the biggest things I’m noticing is my back is feeling like freaking 20 years old again. Now granted I know I’m getting a stronger back muscles but still think this is playing a big role.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great photos! I need to start hiking just to be one with nature more. We used to do more hiking with my kids when they were smaller and able to be carried on my back.

Guess I should try out PEA relief next, huh?

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Great photos! I need to start hiking just to be one with nature more. We used to do more hiking with my kids when they were smaller and able to be carried on my back.

Guess I should try out PEA relief next, huh?
I can definitely say it's worth a try if you have some chronic aches and pains. I'll just be taking it and pepti until Steve can hook us up with another big sale.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Also echo on the PEA relief.

one of the biggest things I’m noticing is my back is feeling like freaking 20 years old again. Now granted I know I’m getting a stronger back muscles but still think this is playing a big role.
That’s how I feel about the Pepti-Plex. I know how I normally “feel” and I feel better taking Pepti-Plex. It’s not an epiphany type money just an overall sense of “better” if that makes any sense. May need to add the Pea Relief as I would prob feel more betterer taking both. 🤣🤪🤣🤪

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That’s how I feel about the Pepti-Plex. I know how I normally “feel” and I feel better taking Pepti-Plex. It’s not an epiphany type money just an overall sense of “better” if that makes any sense. May need to add the Pea Relief as I would prob feel more betterer taking both. 🤣🤪🤣🤪
Same thing with PEA, just some small quality of life improvements. I'll take what I can get!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Here's a few shares from a brief hike yesterday, 6.5miles in and stayed for the night. Literally walked out my door and down to the trailhead, amazing. Did a bit of fly fishing with a tenkara rod, caught a few small rainbow trout barely big enough to stink up the frying pan. They'll do a big stock of the river systems in this area in 2 weeks. This is my happy place. Then I had to come home this morning and restack 2 tons of wood pellet bags.

A note on manual labor and my recent supplement changes, since adding in PEA Relief, I've been noticing that I DON'T notice very small aches and pains I'd grown accustomed to. Stiff neck in the morning, soreness from stacking pellets, even arthritis pains in my feet.
View attachment 240629View attachment 240630View attachment 240631
you remind me of my buddy over there at Bragg so much lol. Looks like a great time dude.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Here we are on week 2. Again.

3/5/24
week 2 day 1

Main - Squat
  • 5 x 155lb
  • 5 x 195
  • 5 x 235
  • 5 x 275
  • 5 x 315
  • 5 x 350
Supplemental - Bench
  • 10 x 5 @ 200
Assistance
  • Kroc rows 5x10 100lb
  • Straight arm pushdown 5 x 10 @75lb
Abs/Legs
  • 3x10 toes to bar
  • 3x5 cable crunch
Time - 1hr 13min
Weight - 217.6

Easy stuff, basically accidentally worked in an accumulation phase during this leader lol.

Last edited:
Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
3/6/24

Main - OHP (strict)
  • 5 x 70lb
  • 5 x 85
  • 5 x 105
  • 5 x 120
  • 5 x 135
  • 5 x 160
Supplemental - OHP (log...oof)
  • 10 x 5 @ 145
Assistance
  • Bent Over Row (Axle) 5 x 10 @ 225
  • Dips 5 x 10 + 45lb
Other Stuff (superset)
  • Weighted crunch 5 x 20 @ 150lb
  • seated calf raise 5 x 10 +135lb toes in
Time 1hr18min
Weight 220.1

Forgot to click post earlier!

I'm working on rearranging my 4 day split to combat fatigue, my days are as such moving forward:
(Main/Supplemental)
Squat/Bench
Bench/OHP
rest
Deadlift/Squat
OHP/OHP
This might just be the best way around it without too much upper body fatigue.
Edit:I'm not too concerned in regards to the assistance work, I generally keep it lighter to obtain 50 total reps , maybe 6-7RPE (hate that term.)

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
@Hyde and I forget who else, I figured out my wrist and keyboard/mouse problems, needed to move my damn chair down, and got a cushion for my mouse hand... need one for my keyboard hand for gaming still. But now my knees are sore from being too low :ROFLMAO:

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
3/6/24

Main - OHP (strict)
  • 5 x 70lb
  • 5 x 85
  • 5 x 105
  • 5 x 120
  • 5 x 135
  • 5 x 160
Supplemental - OHP (log...oof)
  • 10 x 5 @ 145
Assistance
  • Bent Over Row (Axle) 5 x 10 @ 225
  • Dips 5 x 10 + 45lb
Other Stuff (superset)
  • Weighted crunch 5 x 20 @ 150lb
  • seated calf raise 5 x 10 +135lb toes in
Time 1hr18min
Weight 220.1

Forgot to click post earlier!

I'm working on rearranging my 4 day split to combat fatigue, my days are as such moving forward:
(Main/Supplemental)
Squat/Bench
Bench/OHP
rest
Deadlift/Squat
OHP/OHP
This might just be the best way around it without too much upper body fatigue.
Edit:I'm not too concerned in regards to the assistance work, I generally keep it lighter to obtain 50 total reps , maybe 6-7RPE (hate that term.)
Nice session, good movement on the OHP. I have really got to work on mine. Like the layout you got worked up ther on the 4 day split.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice session, good movement on the OHP. I have really got to work on mine. Like the layout you got worked up ther on the 4 day split.
Thanks! On both parts. Last year around April was the first strict OHP I ever did in my life, other than maybe messing around with friends when I was younger. It improves soooo slooooow it's frustrating af until you zoom out and look at how far you've come. I started at 85lb!

As far as the split... it's 90% 531, but I just had to reduce squats and increase bench due to a plateau on bench, and that damn calf injury I keep getting

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks! On both parts. Last year around April was the first strict OHP I ever did in my life, other than maybe messing around with friends when I was younger. It improves soooo slooooow it's frustrating af until you zoom out and look at how far you've come. I started at 85lb!

As far as the split... it's 90% 531, but I just had to reduce squats and increase bench due to a plateau on bench, and that damn calf injury I keep getting
I have never stayed consistent with it but I have in in my program for this meso so I’ll be working on it.
4 day splits seem to work the best for me I try 5 day every so often and I always miss a day it seems and then I get all out of whack. A good part of that is I hit the gym at 5am so up at 4:30am. Now that work has been picking up working a 11-12 hr day I just can’t keep it up 5 days in a row 😂

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have never stayed consistent with it but I have in in my program for this meso so I’ll be working on it.
4 day splits seem to work the best for me I try 5 day every so often and I always miss a day it seems and then I get all out of whack. A good part of that is I hit the gym at 5am so up at 4:30am. Now that work has been picking up working a 11-12 hr day I just can’t keep it up 5 days in a row 😂
I feel you on the early mornings, and 4 days. I've been out of the military for 7 years and I'm still up at 0530-0600 everyday. The 4 day, I love that it not only gives me a rest day, but I can use Saturday as a catchup day if something happens

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I feel you on the early mornings, and 4 days. I've been out of the military for 7 years and I'm still up at 0530-0600 everyday. The 4 day, I love that it not only gives me a rest day, but I can use Saturday as a catchup day if something happens
And that middle day of rest gives me the ability to have the following two days of productive work.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde and I forget who else, I figured out my wrist and keyboard/mouse problems, needed to move my damn chair down, and got a cushion for my mouse hand... need one for my keyboard hand for gaming still. But now my knees are sore from being too low :ROFLMAO:
So, what I have to do to combat the knee issue when you have to be low, is to lean way back so you can open your hips up and stick your legs out much straighter - you will need to pull your chair up until your sternum is touching the desk, feet will extend beyond, arms out long (which also keeps the wrist straight).

You look like a slouching gamer kid, but ergonomically it works great for my back, knees and wrists while also getting much less tightening in my hips & hamstings.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So, what I have to do to combat the knee issue when you have to be low, is to lean way back so you can open your hips up and stick your legs out much straighter - you will need to pull your chair up until your sternum is touching the desk, feet will extend beyond, arms out long (which also keeps the wrist straight).

You look like a slouching gamer kid, but ergonomically it works great for my back, knees and wrists while also getting much less tightening in my hips & hamstings.
Lmao my desk has obnoxious things across the bottom that prevent this, I need to pull the trigger on an adjustable L-shaped desk.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
3/11/24

Main - Squat
  • 5 x 155lb
  • 5 x 195
  • 5 x 235
  • 5 x 275
  • 5 x 315
  • 5 x 350
Supplemental - Bench
  • 10 x 5 @ 200
Assistance
  • Pullups 5x6
Abs/Legs
  • 3x5 ab wheel
  • 3x50 cable crunch
Time - 1hr 20min
Weight - 208

Man... I just keep hitting this log with one negative thing after the next. Wife decided a week and a half ago that we are moving forward with a separation towards divorce. It's amicable, she wants kids, I want nothing to do with them, I proposed the idea 6 months ago so as to not hold her back in life and other stuff.

Anyways, log pertinent stuff - I have lost 14lbs apparently, stress, not eating, not sleeping will get you. Haven't been drinking through these shenanigans knowing that I'll let that get out of control, but about to step up the weed smoking in the evenings, helps with my appetite and getting to sleep. Deep sleep will suffer, but I'm getting no sleep atm. Oddly, strength is where I'd expect it through this. I've kept up with my supps at the very least, 8 days left on the FF stack from BLR, joint/pea stuff, tadalafil and alpha GPC every morning.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
3/11/24

Main - Squat
  • 5 x 155lb
  • 5 x 195
  • 5 x 235
  • 5 x 275
  • 5 x 315
  • 5 x 350
Supplemental - Bench
  • 10 x 5 @ 200
Assistance
  • Pullups 5x6
Abs/Legs
  • 3x5 ab wheel
  • 3x50 cable crunch
Time - 1hr 20min
Weight - 208

Man... I just keep hitting this log with one negative thing after the next. Wife decided a week and a half ago that we are moving forward with a separation towards divorce. It's amicable, she wants kids, I want nothing to do with them, I proposed the idea 6 months ago so as to not hold her back in life and other stuff.

Anyways, log pertinent stuff - I have lost 14lbs apparently, stress, not eating, not sleeping will get you. Haven't been drinking through these shenanigans knowing that I'll let that get out of control, but about to step up the weed smoking in the evenings, helps with my appetite and getting to sleep. Deep sleep will suffer, but I'm getting no sleep atm. Oddly, strength is where I'd expect it through this. I've kept up with my supps at the very least, 8 days left on the FF stack from BLR, joint/pea stuff, tadalafil and alpha GPC every morning.
Sorry to hear that brother. The bright side is you guys are being honest about what you want out of life and that is a good thing. Keep your head up brother keep busy with positive things and vent all you want on here or you can always message me if you need an ear to bend.

also dang nice session you knocked out 💪🏻

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sorry to hear that brother. The bright side is you guys are being honest about what you want out of life and that is a good thing. Keep your head up brother keep busy with positive things and vent all you want on here or you can always message me if you need an ear to bend.

also dang nice session you knocked out 💪🏻
Thanks dude.

It's already been a challenge to not get bitter about it, but to remember that we are doing this for each other the opportunity to live the life we want. Still hits right in the feels though, and times like these working from home sucks ass.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry to hear this brother. For sure that's gotta be a life altering stressor. I echo AKs sentiments though, and glad to hear it can hopefully stay amicable. Obviously, if you can, pour your stress into outlets like the gym and less on our other vices if you can. Wishing the best for you during this time.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is your training log - and training doesn’t exist in a vacuum, unfortunately. Life stress is real, and you don’t owe it to us to hide it or pretend things are all daisies & sunshine. There’s enough of that bullshit on social media already.

Sorry to hear you’ll be going through this, but if you know in your heart what you want (or don’t want), you owe it to yourself, her, and that potential child to move on now. Doesn’t mean it will be easy, but things that are best for us often aren’t. Focus on taking care of yourself!

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This is your training log - and training doesn’t exist in a vacuum, unfortunately. Life stress is real, and you don’t owe it to us to hide it or pretend things are all daisies & sunshine. There’s enough of that bullshit on social media already.

Sorry to hear you’ll be going through this, but if you know in your heart what you want (or don’t want), you owe it to yourself, her, and that potential child to move on now. Doesn’t mean it will be easy, but things that are best for us often aren’t. Focus on taking care of yourself!
This is the only form of contact with internet humans I have, except sporadic Reddit comments lol.

We have been going through rounds talking about this since, I think, September '23. She apparently was trying to convince herself she doesn't need a baby which is just so wrong on so many levels, she told me this after a breakdown after spending a day house shopping, that she just can't let go of that dream. I'm only mad that she tried to change her own mind instead of chasing her dream. I'm honestly on the fence about it MAYBE adopting, but she is a few years younger than me, and not getting any younger. Lots of sides to it obviously that just don't convey well over text.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
She was also the only reason I'm not using injectables :unsure: maybe research time after I get stabilized again.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
She was also the only reason I'm not using injectables :unsure: maybe research time after I get stabilized again.
I just want to emphasize this notion that you should not begin steroids during a transitional or shaky period of your life - you don’t need a second puberty when your personal or work life aren’t already flowing decently.

I’m glad you recognize this, but it’s worth drawing attention to.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry man. I can relate last year was a rough one. I hope it is positive for you regardless of the outcome. Be cognizant of depressants during these times as well. As is their namesake, they will pull you down. Whatever you do, DO NOT STOP TRAINING!!!! Got a good crew in here man, stay strong

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
We had taken a "cold turkey" approach, cutting each other off entirely which became evident very quickly that was not how we should approach this thing. We are going to go back to where we were, as much as possible, and find a counselor to help us navigate through this so we can come out as mostly whole individuals in the end.

Off to train!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We had taken a "cold turkey" approach, cutting each other off entirely which became evident very quickly that was not how we should approach this thing. We are going to go back to where we were, as much as possible, and find a counselor to help us navigate through this so we can come out as mostly whole individuals in the end.

Off to train!
Wise move. Enjoy the session!!!!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Off to train!
hell yeah knock that session out of the park 👊🏼

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
3/12/24

Main - Bench
  • 5 x 110lb
  • 5 x 140
  • 5 x 170
  • 5 x 195
  • 5 x 225
  • 5 x 250
Supplemental - OHP (strict)
  • 10 x 5 @ 125
Assistance
  • bent over row (Axle) 5 x 10 @225
  • Floor Press (Axle) 5 x 10 @ 185
Legs
  • Hack Squat/leverage squat thing, idfk 5x5@545
Super mega ultra shoulder pump today. May have burned at least 1 calorie.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
2/12/24

Main - OHP (strict)
  • 5 x 70lb
  • 5 x 85
  • 5 x 105
  • 5 x 120
  • 5 x 135
  • 5 x 160
Supplemental - OHP (log)
  • 10 x 5 @ 145
Assistance
  • Cable row 5 x 10 @ 220
  • Tricep pushdown 5x10 @ 75
Other Stuff (superset)
  • Front Squats 5x20 @ 135
Time 58min
Weight 210

I forgot to eat dinner yesterday, weird! Oatmeal and banana at wakeup, and monster breakfast around 10, gym at 1pm was doable. Definitely ran out of steam for the last few reps of log presses, but I got all my reps. DL tomorrow, I had a hard time picking and choosing between leg stuff or ab stuff. Went with light weight for reps.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
2/12/24

Main - OHP (strict)
  • 5 x 70lb
  • 5 x 85
  • 5 x 105
  • 5 x 120
  • 5 x 135
  • 5 x 160
Supplemental - OHP (log)
  • 10 x 5 @ 145
Assistance
  • Cable row 5 x 10 @ 220
  • Tricep pushdown 5x10 @ 75
Other Stuff (superset)
  • Front Squats 5x20 @ 135
Time 58min
Weight 210

I forgot to eat dinner yesterday, weird! Oatmeal and banana at wakeup, and monster breakfast around 10, gym at 1pm was doable. Definitely ran out of steam for the last few reps of log presses, but I got all my reps. DL tomorrow, I had a hard time picking and choosing between leg stuff or ab stuff. Went with light weight for reps.
That’s a lot of reps in 58 minutes!

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Still chilling under 210lb, even after getting a handle on eating again. I was signed up for a competition yesterday, but given the dramatic weight loss and other irl stuff, I didn't bother. I'm not upset about it, I think it was a responsible choice and I need to focus on getting my weight back up.

Despite my weight being in the shitter, strength hasn't changed. Not sure if that's the BLR stack, or what, but yesterday I ran deadlifts up to 470x5. I am having more fatigue, but I did it.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Still chilling under 210lb, even after getting a handle on eating again. I was signed up for a competition yesterday, but given the dramatic weight loss and other irl stuff, I didn't bother. I'm not upset about it, I think it was a responsible choice and I need to focus on getting my weight back up.

Despite my weight being in the shitter, strength hasn't changed. Not sure if that's the BLR stack, or what, but yesterday I ran deadlifts up to 470x5. I am having more fatigue, but I did it.
470x5 is some damn strong work! What kind of weight are you thinking about going up towards?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Good work on the deadlifts. You have a lot on your mind. Doing a full comp right after you have been extensively undernourished is indeed higher risk. That probably was a wise move, especially if you didn’t really feel like it.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
3/18/24

Main - Squat

• 5 x 155lb
  • 5 x 195
  • 5 x 235
  • 5 x 275
  • 5 x 315
  • 3 x 350
Supplemental - Bench (5 sets wide, 5 sets close grip)
  • 10 x 5 @ 200
Assistance
  • Kroc rows 5x10 105lb
  • incline DB press 5x10 75lb
Other stuff
  • Log cleans 5x135lb, 5x185lb, 5x205, 5x225, 3x235
Time - 56min
Weight - 209.8