the secret to big chest is lowerchest

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ronnie's chest was literally TWICE as big as Dorian's chest was, I can't believe some of the stupidity I see here, smh
Have you ever thought about putting effort into actually being correct instead of trying so hard to make yourself correct?

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also Ronnie's chest was still bigger than jays in 2007... Didn't win though eh?

stock28

Awards
  • Established
Ronnie's chest was literally TWICE as big as Dorian's chest was, I can't believe some of the stupidity I see here, smh
Before anyone takes anything this guy says seriously, I invite you to check out his thread on ”natural” bodybuilding. 100 plus pages of stupidity.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Before anyone takes anything this guy says seriously, I invite you to check out his thread on ”natural” bodybuilding. 100 plus pages of stupidity.
I think lots of the people weighing in here have been active in that thread. Honestly, I think ironhands threads are pretty fun just to see all the crap he pulls out of his ass.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I will ignore the silly comments. The pictures speak for themselves, the difference between a bodybuilder with a huge chest and a bodybuilder with a mediocre or small/lagging chest is the lower chest
How does you admiring pictures translate to actual balances training protocols?
You’ve got guys with 10 times more training knowledge than you explaining physically why lower chest rarely needs to be emphasized to that degree, and me, who’s not afraid to show a picture of myself at 40 years old, all I have is experience with this, wouldn’t even try to explain in the way that Old Witch did, but I’m happy to show you a chest that is bigger than 80% of the guys here, AND balanced, and I haven’t done a flat press in freaking years. Nor decline movements. Just 3 sets of dips per workout, and maaaaaybe 3 sets decline flyes twice a month.
Go ahead, rip on my physique, I’m a full time student, full time dad and I work 50 hours a week, and I have a pretty decent chest for an old dude. If anything I need to do MORE upper/inner emphasized training as you can see. And on top of that I think it looks unbalanced big on the Lower chest in pic 2 I was thinking of skipping dips every other, pretty much eliminating flat and lower work entirely.
IMG_0882.JPGB986B624-325F-4936-A770-0BF7607B411A.jpg

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You’ve got guys with 10 times more training knowledge than you explaining physically why lower chest rarely needs to be emphasized to that degree, and me, who’s not afraid to show a picture of myself at 40 years old, all I have is experience with this, wouldn’t even try to explain in the way that Old Witch did, but I’m happy to show you a chest that is bigger than 80% of the guys here, AND balanced, and I haven’t done a flat press in freaking years. Nor decline movements. Just 3 sets of dips per workout, and maaaaaybe 3 sets decline flyes twice a month.
Go ahead, rip on my physique, I’m a full time student, full time dad and I work 50 hours a week, and I have a pretty decent chest for an old dude. If anything I need to do MORE upper/inner emphasized training as you can see. And on top of that I think it looks unbalanced big on the Lower chest in pic 2 I was thinking of skipping dips every other, pretty much eliminating flat and lower work entirely.
View attachment 183506View attachment 183507
But damn those abs.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
View attachment 183506View attachment 183507
You need to get bigger bro, no homo. Your upper chest is good though, I'll give you that, but you need more lower chest to match the chest mass of Arnold

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You need to get bigger bro, no homo. Your upper chest is good though, I'll give you that, but you need more lower chest to match the chest mass of Arnold
I might. But life is more than just being “big”
for me. So much more. I’ve got a lot of responsibilities that I value far more than muscles. But I intend to get bigger either way, I just will continue to grow lower chest without needing to specifically target it.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
I might. But life is more than just being “big”
for me. So much more. I’ve got a lot of responsibilities that I value far more than muscles. But I intend to get bigger either way, I just will continue to grow lower chest without needing to specifically target it.
You can do it bro, if Arnold can do it, and Lou Ferrigno can do it, you can do it too

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Are you serious? He looks phenomenal. And you think he “needs” to get bigger? So what if he isn’t as big as Arnold? You’re absurd.

stock28

Awards
  • Established
You sure are good at handing out advice. Yet, you have shown nothing to back it up other than a crappy quality cell phone picture from 2001. Post up something current and let’s see this huge chest you’ve developed.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You sure are good at handing out advice. Yet, you have shown nothing to back it up other than a crappy quality cell phone picture from 2001. Post up something current and let’s see this huge chest you’ve developed.
Ain’t gonna happen. There’s just so much more to all this that he doesn’t understand. Genetics, Experience, response to aas, muscle type, body type. He’s about where I was at in 1998. Hard work and decline bench is all one needs to look like a pro. Which of course after decades of learning and trial and error I discovered was ridiculous thinking. Through thousands and thousands of workouts taking note of what worked and what didn’t. Only a ignorant newb would come on here like they made the world’s biggest training discovery and state it as fact across the board. When guys with 4 phds in kinesiology and exercise science aren’t even saying that. So HE’s the guru? No. He’s just a silly 16 year old in a 35 year olds body.

That’s why I’m willing to post pictures of myself in this thread. Not to show off bc we all know we never appreciate how far we’ve come physically, we just want more. But a 40 year old with a lanky 6’3 frame with a pretty well developed chest after gaining 35lbs in 4 months, yet hasn’t done even 1 decline or flat movement???? He can tell me I need to get bigger or work harder all he wants. The proof is in the pictures.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
Are you serious? He looks phenomenal. And you think he “needs” to get bigger? So what if he isn’t as big as Arnold? You’re absurd.
We all want to be as big as Arnold or Lou Ferrigno or Dorian Yates, it's our nature as bodybuilders, relax

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
Sergio Oliva also had good pectoral development (massive chest)

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
Another great pic of Haney, with his massive chest

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
We all want to be as big as Arnold or Lou Ferrigno or Dorian Yates, it's our nature as bodybuilders, relax
Wow, so you now decide how everyone feels as well? Must be stressful having to make all the rules and decisions for every bodybuilder alive.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not everyone cares to be as big as arnold, and especially yates (bigger than arnold)

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad to say that my right rotator cuff is healing nicely, soon I'll be able to bench again

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I will ignore stupid silly comments, the pictures speak for themselves, pictures can NOT be denied.
That’s true. And every guy with a nicer looking chest than the other guys in every picture you’ve posted has a larger UPPER CHEST.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Who has the biggest chest? The biggest guy! Look at Paul on the right, flat upper chest, good lower chest. Look at Lou, full upper chest, good lower chest. Looks bigger than Paul’s Chest even if it’s is absolutely dwarfed by his massive latissimus.

Paul Dillet of course being quite famous for not lifting heavy, at all...

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I will ignore silly comments
Well you’ve been ignoring good comments, so why stop there? Let’s ignore the silly ones too.

Wait, does this mean you’re going to ignore yourself?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Those old schoolers had something in common for nice chests. Good quality dbol.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
And no Performance ‘relax’ing drugs.
Just hard work and the high road.
Suckas.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I actually did some flat barbell bench last night.
Meh.
I love inclining more than 90% of the gym can flat. It’s way coolers

stock28

Awards
  • Established
Ironhands is about to expose his secrets to developing huge biceps in another thread. Not sure how to post the link to the thread but it’s something about Jesus and arm growth. Pretty amusing thread in itself.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
* insert popcorn eating GIF *

Hell YA, subb’d immediately.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
how did you fix it...

i think i tweaked mine - been 5 weeks now and feels better but still hurts at top of overhead press
It's still healing, it is much better now, but it usually takes 5-6 weeks to heal though

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
Time and time again, I see it, a lack of lower chest development, if you don't have a spotter for the bench press, you can do flat dumbell presses, push yourself to the limit then throw the dumbells to the floor

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Time and time again, I see it, a lack of lower chest development, if you don't have a spotter for the bench press, you can do flat dumbell presses, push yourself to the limit then throw the dumbells to the floor
No! You don’t throw the weights!
I can already picture you, lats flared, mean mugging every guy bigger than you, making earthquakes with your deadlift negative, clapping your hands super-loud with chalk, with a T-shirt scissored up into a man-thong....
🤮

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can already picture you, lats flared, mean mugging every guy bigger than you, making earthquakes with your deadlift negative, clapping your hands super-loud with chalk, with a T-shirt scissored up into a man-thong....
🤮
Don't forget grunting and shouting even when lifting dumbells off the weight rack.

stock28

Awards
  • Established
Way to revive a month old thread to say the same thing over again. Good tip.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
🤮
Nah, I don't do any of that, i don't try to draw attention to myself in the gym

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
Arnold is a great example of the importance of lower chest mass